by arni22
27 replies
Marketing thru e-mail is a crafty matter. It is mighty, but easily ill-used. It is simple, but really hard. May these tips, tricks and secrets make it simple and potent for you.

Hope this will help!

Also if you want any more info on Email Marketing your free to email me:
arni.bergsson@gmail.com
#101 #email #marketing
  • Profile picture of the author joven
    Hi Arni22!

I read your Email_Marketing 101.pdf and it is informative. One idea I am walking away with is to be focused on what I have to offer. My biggest obsession is traffic and building an affiliate business where you can make money every month. So what other ideas do you have? What do you think of solo ads? I got involved with a Warrior Forum advertiser about solo ads and he sold me on the idea that that is the most effective way to advertise. What do you think and would recommend a company that does not charge $100 for 50 guranteed hits?

Many thanks for your thoughtfullness to give us dreamer to make money online "hope".

Everett
    Signature

Weight Loss program from the #1 nutritional company in the United States.

http://everardo.myshaklee.com

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6605356].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author arni22
      Originally Posted by joven View Post

Hi Arni22!

I read your Email_Marketing 101.pdf and it is informative. One idea I am walking away with is to be focused on what I have to offer. My biggest obsession is traffic and building an affiliate business where you can make money every month. So what other ideas do you have? What do you think of solo ads? I got involved with a Warrior Forum advertiser about solo ads and he sold me on the idea that that is the most effective way to advertise. What do you think and would recommend a company that does not charge $100 for 50 guranteed hits?

Many thanks for your thoughtfullness to give us dreamer to make money online "hope".

Everett
      Thank you Everett
      This Pdf is just a guide line for Email Marketing.
      Solo ad's are really good, But f the folks on he's list re only
      into make money online nich you wont sell this ppl anything that is not
      related to that.

You should check out my course on The only thing you need...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6607929].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author groundfalling
    I have more effective ways than the ones in this book
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6606802].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6608738].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Face Cap
    i do not have time now, i will check it out later
    Signature

Google Staff shared his Professional Resume Template he used to get shortlisted.
    Download for free

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6616469].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CEOArob
    Just downloaded it. Going to read it in the morning when I wake up.

Thanks.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6616664].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author antac
    Banned
    I am really searching this type of book.
    Very good information for beginners. Wow! want to subscribe this thread. nice info.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6619211].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author autotradex
    What autoresponder do you recommend for email marketing campaigns.
    Signature
    The Power of Compounding...Gets You Paid Daily! This Free Information Will Show You How!

See How Much You Can Earn! Calculate Your Future Earnings.

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6620451].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author domz
      Originally Posted by autotradex View Post

What autoresponder do you recommend for email marketing campaigns.
      A good one is aweber. Thats the one alot of people use.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6628049].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author giuseph90
        Great post! I didn't know we can earn this way until I read arni22's post. To be honest I never really understood how email marketing works but that file really says it all from its most basic concept that made it easy to understand. Thanks!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6628101].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author AVIRA
        Originally Posted by domz View Post

A good one is aweber. Thats the one alot of people use.
        yes , that's right
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6737257].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jakebvs85
    Thanks for this Arni! I have been learning a few tips about email marketing and I must say most of your tips are new to me.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6621101].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aawedev
    The purpose of your email is to drive traffic to your landing page, product page or website. It's really that simple to define the main purpose of an email. Without driving clicks to your page or website, users can't convert to sign-ups or customers. The key to accomplishing this is, quite simple, capitalize on every moment where a user may feel compelled to click. Include lots of links (at least one per paragraph of text) and make sure that your links look like links. Using strong calls to action and even authoritative "click here" messaging will also help you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6627859].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chemickz07
    There are lots of email marketing tips. but you're ebook is really organized. Although I know some of the steps, its still helpful and help me review. hehe
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6762037].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yashdeep
      Before starting the e-mail marketing there are some various tips to do :-

1) Make sure your E-mail has Obvious Link before mailing to the clients, The key to accomplishing this is, quite simple, capitalize on every moment where a user may feel compelled to click. Include lots of links (at least one per paragraph of text) and make sure that your links look like links. Using strong calls to action and even authoritative "click here" messaging will also help you.

2)In the E-mail Marketing Minimize Your Use of Images Never send an email that is simply one big image and don't put any messaging in an image that a user must see to complete the action you want from an email (i.e. "click here" or "order now" messages).

3)Make It Easy to Unsubscribe
      It may seem counter intuitive to make it easy for a user to leave your mailing list, but the other option is much less appealing. When users get frustrated while trying to figure out how to remove their email from your list, they eventually just start to flag your email as spam. Every user who notes your email as being spam counts against your sender reputation with email providers and makes it harder (and sometimes impossible) to get your email into the inbox instead of the junk folder.

4)Follow Spam Tips EVERY Time You Send Email!

We've also covered in detail the best ways to avoid getting flagged as spam and removed from your users' inboxes, but we can't emphasize enough how important it is to follow those steps. More importantly, it's important to follow them from the beginning of your email marketing effort and to follow them every single time you send. We know that it's tempting to send a harder sales email that trends against some of our advice for staying out of the spam folder, but it only takes one email that looks like its high spam to keep you out of the inbox for weeks, months or years afterwards.
      Takeaway Message: Even if it means your email isn't as effective as a sales tool, following all of the steps to avoid being flagged as spam is absolutely, unquestionably critical with every send.

5)Maximize Your Email Template Dimensions

You don't have a lot of space in a person's inbox to convey a message, and most of your users will be viewing your email in a preview pane with the images turned off. Make sure that your html email template isn't more than 600 pixels wide and that you clearly get your value proposition and at least one link into the first 100 pixels of height. It won't look as nice as putting a shiny header graphic up there, but it will yield better results. Also, consider a secondary column on the right or left hand side in order to get more information above the fold of an email preview pane!
      Takeaway Message: Design for what your email will look like in a 600x200 pixel space without images loaded! How it looks in those dimensions with that restriction is how must users will see the final email.

6) Keep Your Text Short and Easy to Scan

Most users aren't going to read the full text of your email. They're going to scan it for key points that they may be interested in. Keep your text short (very small paragraphs or bullets) and use font bolding and additional colors to highlight words or phrases that you know will be important to your users and clients. Too much text will get your email deleted just about as fast as anything, and it creates more risk for triggering spam filters.

7) Keep Your Email List Clean

There's no value to not taking the time and making the effort to make sure that you're removing bad email addresses from your house list. Making sure that incorrectly formatted email addresses are caught when somebody signs up and then "pruning" addresses that are returned as undeliverable, non-existent or with full inboxes from your email list before the next send isn't optional if you want to have a successful email marketing program. If your list starts to show a higher percentage of undeliverable email addresses, email providers will flag you as spam.

8) Properly Use Alt Text, Title and Linking with Images

Because using images in email can create dead space, maximizing the code behind those images is critical. Make sure that ALL of your images have both alt text and title text as different browsers will read those two types of text differently (Alt text and title text are the text messages that appear when an image doesn't load or when somebody hovers over an image with a mouse). Also, make sure that all of your images are actually links to your landing page or website. This way, at a minimum, your potential image dead space can still drive traffic to your destination.

9) Send Test Emails BEFORE Sending to Main List

There's nothing worse than sending an email and then finding out that it went right to the spam folder or that something in your email layout broke in Hotmail's email viewer or Outlook's preview pane. Before you send an email to your entire list, send a test version to a test account using each of the big email providers (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail/Live/MSN and any account using an Outlook client). If there are any significant segments of your list using another email provider, you'll want to include that in your test as well. If you catch any errors, there's still time to start disassembling your email and fixing them, or remove a problematic segment of your email list.

10) Make Sure to Piggyback a Text Version

How to decide if you should use an html email or a text only email, and our recommendation is that you use both. But, at a minimum, if you are using an html email you must piggyback a text only version of the email when you send.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6763608].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author chemickz07
        Originally Posted by yashdeep View Post

Before starting the e-mail marketing there are some various tips to do :-

1) Make sure your E-mail has Obvious Link before mailing to the clients, The key to accomplishing this is, quite simple, capitalize on every moment where a user may feel compelled to click. Include lots of links (at least one per paragraph of text) and make sure that your links look like links. Using strong calls to action and even authoritative "click here" messaging will also help you.

2)In the E-mail Marketing Minimize Your Use of Images Never send an email that is simply one big image and don't put any messaging in an image that a user must see to complete the action you want from an email (i.e. "click here" or "order now" messages).

3)Make It Easy to Unsubscribe
        It may seem counter intuitive to make it easy for a user to leave your mailing list, but the other option is much less appealing. When users get frustrated while trying to figure out how to remove their email from your list, they eventually just start to flag your email as spam. Every user who notes your email as being spam counts against your sender reputation with email providers and makes it harder (and sometimes impossible) to get your email into the inbox instead of the junk folder.

4)Follow Spam Tips EVERY Time You Send Email!

We've also covered in detail the best ways to avoid getting flagged as spam and removed from your users' inboxes, but we can't emphasize enough how important it is to follow those steps. More importantly, it's important to follow them from the beginning of your email marketing effort and to follow them every single time you send. We know that it's tempting to send a harder sales email that trends against some of our advice for staying out of the spam folder, but it only takes one email that looks like its high spam to keep you out of the inbox for weeks, months or years afterwards.
        Takeaway Message: Even if it means your email isn't as effective as a sales tool, following all of the steps to avoid being flagged as spam is absolutely, unquestionably critical with every send.

5)Maximize Your Email Template Dimensions

You don't have a lot of space in a person's inbox to convey a message, and most of your users will be viewing your email in a preview pane with the images turned off. Make sure that your html email template isn't more than 600 pixels wide and that you clearly get your value proposition and at least one link into the first 100 pixels of height. It won't look as nice as putting a shiny header graphic up there, but it will yield better results. Also, consider a secondary column on the right or left hand side in order to get more information above the fold of an email preview pane!
        Takeaway Message: Design for what your email will look like in a 600x200 pixel space without images loaded! How it looks in those dimensions with that restriction is how must users will see the final email.

6) Keep Your Text Short and Easy to Scan

Most users aren't going to read the full text of your email. They're going to scan it for key points that they may be interested in. Keep your text short (very small paragraphs or bullets) and use font bolding and additional colors to highlight words or phrases that you know will be important to your users and clients. Too much text will get your email deleted just about as fast as anything, and it creates more risk for triggering spam filters.

There's no value to not taking the time and making the effort to make sure that you're removing bad email addresses from your house list. Making sure that incorrectly formatted email addresses are caught when somebody signs up and then "pruning" addresses that are returned as undeliverable, non-existent or with full inboxes from your email list before the next send isn't optional if you want to have a successful email marketing program. If your list starts to show a higher percentage of undeliverable email addresses, email providers will flag you as spam.

8) Properly Use Alt Text, Title and Linking with Images

Because using images in email can create dead space, maximizing the code behind those images is critical. Make sure that ALL of your images have both alt text and title text as different browsers will read those two types of text differently (Alt text and title text are the text messages that appear when an image doesn't load or when somebody hovers over an image with a mouse). Also, make sure that all of your images are actually links to your landing page or website. This way, at a minimum, your potential image dead space can still drive traffic to your destination.

9) Send Test Emails BEFORE Sending to Main List

There's nothing worse than sending an email and then finding out that it went right to the spam folder or that something in your email layout broke in Hotmail's email viewer or Outlook's preview pane. Before you send an email to your entire list, send a test version to a test account using each of the big email providers (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail/Live/MSN and any account using an Outlook client). If there are any significant segments of your list using another email provider, you'll want to include that in your test as well. If you catch any errors, there's still time to start disassembling your email and fixing them, or remove a problematic segment of your email list.

10) Make Sure to Piggyback a Text Version

How to decide if you should use an html email or a text only email, and our recommendation is that you use both. But, at a minimum, if you are using an html email you must piggyback a text only version of the email when you send.
        Thank you for this!..Yeah images in emails will make your email load slower.. =) gonna mark some interesting points here =)
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6766302].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Authentic7
        Originally Posted by yashdeep View Post

On this topic of list hygiene/scrubbing -- does anyone know of a good service to prune through bounced emails prior to sending them? Basically sending out some type of a soft send to the destination ISP to verify whether or not the email address you're trying to send to exists? I've heard of some services out there that verify MX records etc...but haven't seen anything compelling as of yet.

Any thoughts?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6774024].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Casper12
    Hello guys !!! Marketing via e-mail is a form of immediate marketing which uses email as a means of interacting professional or finance increasing information to an viewers. In its largest sense, every e-mail sent to a potential or current client could be considered e-mail marketing...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6797812].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author superkelv
    Any ideas how i can expand my list, i currently have 60 sign ups in two niches, i did buy solo ads from someone on here and i recieved 23 subscribers from $25. Is this the best way, because traffic exchanges are kind of taking up too much time for barely 3 sign ups a day, not sure how many a day i should be aiming for.

Please help. thanks.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6809054].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ej155
    So many people talk about building a list, I guess it is important after all! The thing for newbies is you need to find something that works for short term in order to give you the patience to do list building for long term!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6822329].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ypchoudary
    same thing which we have been reading for the last 10 years...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6822942].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IXEMP9
    Thnx you very much man very nice
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6851491].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sbglobal2010
    E-mails are much more better compared to other advertising methods which cost money. The people you are dealing with may ask you to send them e-mails hence you will have a primed audience to sell your products.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6918362].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author richard branson
    Email Marketing is a best way to the Promote the website. You can do the email marketing with easy Way. First of all create a effecting Content and email id. Send it to all your customer email id and Boost traffic on your website.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7005300].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vandrade
    Thanks for share.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7149429].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fayepeanut
    Thank you for your report! I know email marketing is essential to IM!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7275676].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tony Nguyen
    It is really a must read for newbies.
    Thank in advance!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7315407].message }}

Trending Topics