How To Earn $540 With An Ad Flyer And Co-op Coupon Service

22 replies
Earn $540 With An Ad Flyer And Co-op Coupon Service

Here is something that you can do if you have the ability to cold call local businesses and you
have some creative skills.

You can create a co-op ad flyer, where you get 4 to 8 businesses to advertise their services.

You will create the flyer, using a program like OpenOffice, PrintShop or any other publishing
program.

You then need to either distribute these fliers yourself, or hire someone to do it.

Here are some ideas for the types of companies to solicit:

Realtors, Carper Cleaning, Driveway Repair, Landscapers, Pizza Shops, Auto Repair,
Exterminators, Contractors, Handymen, Plumbers, Deck Builders.

This is just a sample list, go through your yellow pages and look for companies that provide
services to the home. Call them up and let them know that you are preparing 1000 flyers.
Each company will get a ¼ page to advertise their business.

Let your prospects know that there will no competitors on the flyer, meaning only one Realtor,
one landscaper, one handyman, etc...

Here is a script you can use:

"Hi, this is YOUR NAME with YOUR COMPANY. We create and distribute ad flyers to
homes in the YOUR TOWN area. For just 10¢ each, you can have a ¼ page ad delivered to
1000 homes. There will be no one else from your business type on the flyer. Would you be
interested in participating in our next flyer?"

If the business is interested, ask them if they have any existing ad copy that they can send you.
Also, ask if they have any pictures or graphics stored on disk. If not, you may want to get
yourself a scanner so you can scan any print artwork they have.

As far as what to charge, let's first look at your costs. Assume 6¢ per copy made, and 8¢ per
copy delivered. That is 14¢ per page, or $140 per 1000 copies. If you have 4 advertisers on
the sheet, your cost is $35 per advertiser. If you want to make $60 per 1000 copies, you need
to tack on another $15 per advertiser.

However, since you will be spending time creating the ad copy, you may want to either have a
3000 copy minimum or else raise the price a bit. A price of $100 per advertiser is reasonable
per 1000 copies, because it works out to just 10¢ per copy for each advertiser. At this rate, you
will collect $400 if you have just 4 people advertising on the sheet. Your profit on 1000 copies
delivered would be $260. If you can increase this to 6 or 8 advertisers on the sheet
(front and back), your profits would be even higher.

When soliciting clients, make sure that they are all interested in your targeted advertising area.
Regarding getting someone to deliver the filers, you need to make sure that they have a vehicle
to get around and that they actually deliver the flyers.

To make sure of this, as a requirement to get paid, they need to call you or email you at the end
of the day and let you know the streets and blocks that they covered.

You need to let them know that you will be spot-checking the areas to make sure the flyers get
delivered. I suggest you have an agreement that you can have your delivery people sign that
acknowledges this. It also protects you in case they cause any damage or injuries while conducting
business on your behalf. The agreement also includes a section where the flyer distributor writes
down the town, streets and blocks where the flyers were delivered. This way you can verify the
distribution.

As far as getting people to distribute the flyers, go to craigslist.org and look for the city nearest you.
Post a free help-wanted ad as follows:

Person needed to distribute flyers to homeowners. Must have own transportation and vehicle
insurance. Get paid up to $9 per hour, based on the number of flyers you distribute.
Call 215-555-1212 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting FREE 215-555-1212 end_of_the_skype_highlighting for details.

When people call, make sure they have a vehicle and insurance. Offer to pay them 8 cents per flyer distributed.

One other exciting business you can run is to become a distributor for Co-op Coupons.

This service lets you take orders from up to 10 retail merchants, then print up 1000 coupon sheets
at places like Staples or Office Max, with each sheet containing the 10 different coupons. The
individual merchants simply display their batch of 100 coupon sheets at their business. The target
companies for this business include:

• Pizza places
• Ice cream shops
• Delis
• Sandwich shops
• Hair salons
• Massage centers
• Dollar stores
• Liquor stores
• Beer distributors
• Computer stores
• Video stores
• Convenience stores

Almost any type of store or restaurant that gets a lot of foot traffic is a candidate store. What
you will do is to visit these businesses, and explain the service to them. You will explain that
you will combine 10 different businesses on one 8.5" by 11" page, with each one getting their
own coupon. The business can offer a certain percentage off a purchase, or a free item or any
other special offer. When the flyers are printed, the business will agree to distribute 100 of them
in their store or restaurant.

The cost per merchant is $59, which is just 5.9 cents per coupon. This gives you a gross revenue
of $590 per set of flyers. Your cost for 1000 flyers should be about $50. You simply take 100
sheets to each merchant for them to either hand out to their customers or to leave on the counter
for customers to pick up. If your merchants are successful with this, they will be sure to order some
more from you.

You make a profit of $540 on each set of orders. If you find that you can sell at this price, you can
try to charge more to other merchants. You are free to set your retail prices. The $59 per 1000 is
just a suggested price.

The coupon page contains 10 individual coupons that look like the following:

What goes into the coupon is based on the form that you will give to the merchant.

Here is what we need:

Offer: (10% Off, Free Drink, etc...)
Condition: (With any Purchase, Purchases over $20, etc...)
Expires:
Business Name:
Business Address:
Business Phone Number:

This is a very easy business to get started with, so give it a try and Im sure you will make money.

To your success,

Martin
#$540 #coop #coupon #earn #flyer #service
  • Profile picture of the author thristydevil
    nice information
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6671922].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sumonchy
      Thanks for this nice information.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6672232].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jobykjoseph10
    Really worth reading it...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6677036].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jakebvs85
    Has anyone tried this? Does it really work?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6687262].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author humboldt84
    Great Ideas! Everyone is looking to make money online and everyone is forgetting the money that can still be made offline!! Thanks for sharing.
    Signature
    "You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win." -Zig Ziglar
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6719543].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ambrown31
    Great post. Seems like a great way to get some free advertising & make some cash at the same time.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6719623].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DP55
    Thanks for posting, I was considering trying something like this on the side.

I have decided on £70 (about $110) for 2,500 A5 flyers hand delivered. I can get those printed for £110 double sided and I will pay my 13 year old sister (quite the age gap bless her!) £50 to deliver them. If she wants to split the work with a couple of friends I don't mind. They can split the money however they want!

Income = £70 x 8 = £560
    Costs = £110 + £50 = £160

Not bad for not a lot of work. It'll pay for a few nights out a month if nothing else.

I have estimated that on average 5 flyers can be posted per minute due to a bulk of the targeted houses being VERY close to each. That works out at just over 8 hours to deliver. At that age I'd have been happy to split that with a friend and take £25!

I will be sending out a ton of emails to local businesses to see how easy it would be to get a response. If I don't get any interest I'll just pop around town. I'm trying to target plasterers, builders, electricians, plumbers etc rather than shops in town which is why I'm trying this email stylee. May even try cold calls should the need arise.

If I have anything to report back I will do. Thanks again for posting and giving me the push to add this to my income!
    Signature
    Business In A Box
    Let me set up a mostly-automated business for you. $XXX-XXXX/month. Marketing + website included! PM For More Info - Only $97. Only 3 Available!

Brand New Private Method
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6728310].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ninja Ana
    Very helpful. thanks for posting.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6738072].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Fat Wolf
    Cool, I think this ideal going to work
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6740603].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hbhanot
    Good stretegy to make some nice commissions but time consuming.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6746189].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author maddyacca
    Earnings with coupons are really good, but for bloggers google adsense is the best.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6752386].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author danhenrique
    Why not try huh? Thanks for sharing!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6759455].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author andiklive
    thanks for sharing, very helpfull.
    Signature
    Masandik.com - Web Design and Personal Blog
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6759634].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author you2be
    Thanks. Usufull information
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6759702].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author marketwarrior06
    Banned
    Excellent job dude.
    thanks for sharing your ideas.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6760325].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pizaruu
    Thanks for this nice information
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6760502].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alex Nuskey
    Great! Got some tips I didn't know. Cheers for this great share.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6784123].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ej155
    Hey anyone tried to do the whole process? What's your results?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6820883].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ypchoudary
    wow that's a whole business model you have shared with us
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6822920].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lauraknigh
    Shows how people who are good with direct sales can always make money.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6899576].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Axyet
    thx good information
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6928544].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tony Nguyen
    great share, worth reading.....Thanks a million!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7284692].message }}

Trending Topics