How To Guide To Make Money With Coupon Sites

13 replies
Hi All,

I have been running a coupon website in India for a while now and I have been getting frequent queries from other webmasters that how do I make money with coupon website. So I think this forum would be the best place to talk about it.

Note - Since I have an experience in Indian Market only, so I will talk only about the Indian market here.

So How Do Coupon Sites in India make money?
All coupon sites in India makes money majorly through Affiliate Marketing. Some sites works directly with merchant and some works through an Ad Network in between (I fall in the latter category)

So How Does it Work?

1. You need to have a coupon website, which is easy to create. If you are a wordpress user then you can use the Couponpress theme or else yoy should opt for Couponscript.org

2. Once you have coupon site live with the coupon codes, then you can contact Various Ad Networks in India to get registered on their network and start getting advertisers.

Top Affiliate Networks in India are -
  • Tyroo Media Pvt Ltd
  • OMG India
  • Vcommission
  • DGM Pro
  • Troo Trac
  • Ibibo Ad Network
These networks have more than 200 Indian advertisers from various niche such as Travel, Online Shopping, Food Outlets and more.

3. Once you are approved on these networks, start putting your deals and coupons with appropriate affiliate links provided by these networks.

We are done with the simple task of creating the site and joining networks, now what next? Well, you got to run the website and get visitors on your site.

How To Attract Visitors To A Coupon Site?

1. Search Engine Optimization
2. Email Marketing (Use Double Opt In Only)
3. Social Media Marketing such as Facebook Page, Twitter Handles, Pinterest Board and Google Plus Page
4. Pay Per Click Advertising like Google Adwords, Facebook Ads

Though the guide written may look very short and easy, just a word of caution, its a very competitive market and you need to be updated always and its not an easy game. So start working with dedication to get good results!

Preferred Campaigns For Promotion in India

Travel - Goibibo, Yatra and Makemytrip

Online Shopping - Myntra, Jabong, Flipkart, Snapdeal, Homeshop18 (there are 100+ more advertisers in this space)

Others - Dominos, Foodpanda

To give you a sample view, you can check our list of Myntra Coupons to see how we list coupons
#affiliate markeing #coupon #guide #india #make #make money #money #sites
  • Profile picture of the author bdsur
    nice share thx man
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8021179].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author plan2work
    Nice info dear....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8021383].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author profithunter7
    Thanks for the valuable information.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8022709].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author couponzguru
    Thanks guys for liking the effort If you have any questions you can ask me here. I will be glad to help.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8023091].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author parmarjeet
    Very useful information. Thanks for sharing
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8023450].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TravisO
    What a great post you have.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8027131].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Pradeep Bhagwat
      Thanks for your short and sweet information. I am indian and it is very useful information for me. I want to ask one question. Is there any special section at affiliate sites you mentioned? I am affiliate of Flipcart and can't find the coupon section there.

- Pradeep
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8059258].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Wahaha
    Your coupon website is awesome and maybe the best in India.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8061141].message }}
    • Are you using feeds to pull in the coupons? Are you using a feed service for this?

Thanks
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8142280].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author couponzguru
        No, I am not using feeds. We are adding coupons manually. Feeds generally ends up adding duplicate content to your site as same feeds are used by multiple users.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8452390].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tend
    Originally Posted by couponzguru View Post

Hi All,

I have been running a coupon website in India for a while now and I have been getting frequent queries from other webmasters that how do I make money with coupon website. So I think this forum would be the best place to talk about it.

Note - Since I have an experience in Indian Market only, so I will talk only about the Indian market here.

So How Do Coupon Sites in India make money?
    All coupon sites in India makes money majorly through Affiliate Marketing. Some sites works directly with merchant and some works through an Ad Network in between (I fall in the latter category)

So How Does it Work?

1. You need to have a coupon website, which is easy to create. If you are a wordpress user then you can use the Couponpress theme or else yoy should opt for Couponscript.org

2. Once you have coupon site live with the coupon codes, then you can contact Various Ad Networks in India to get registered on their network and start getting advertisers.

Top Affiliate Networks in India are -
    • Tyroo Media Pvt Ltd
    • OMG India
    • Vcommission
    • DGM Pro
    • Troo Trac
    • Ibibo Ad Network
    These networks have more than 200 Indian advertisers from various niche such as Travel, Online Shopping, Food Outlets and more.

3. Once you are approved on these networks, start putting your deals and coupons with appropriate affiliate links provided by these networks.

We are done with the simple task of creating the site and joining networks, now what next? Well, you got to run the website and get visitors on your site.

How To Attract Visitors To A Coupon Site?

1. Search Engine Optimization
    2. Email Marketing (Use Double Opt In Only)
    3. Social Media Marketing such as Facebook Page, Twitter Handles, Pinterest Board and Google Plus Page
    4. Pay Per Click Advertising like Google Adwords, Facebook Ads

Though the guide written may look very short and easy, just a word of caution, its a very competitive market and you need to be updated always and its not an easy game. So start working with dedication to get good results!

Preferred Campaigns For Promotion in India

Travel - Goibibo, Yatra and Makemytrip

Online Shopping - Myntra, Jabong, Flipkart, Snapdeal, Homeshop18 (there are 100+ more advertisers in this space)

Others - Dominos, Foodpanda

To give you a sample view, you can check our list of Myntra Coupons to see how we list coupons
    GOOD ARTICLE FOR EARNING IN INDIA.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8330906].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author roady
    Good article. I have my own deals and price comparison site and i've been using OMG India mainly. I got to say it's one of the best networks out there with their own in-house tracking platform. They have many advertisers listed with competitive commissions. As said by couponzguru, SEO and email marketing are my 2 main ways of promotion and email marketing converts very well.

Good to be a part of Indian affiliate industry
    Signature

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8507055].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kashifraza
    sounds great, i am already planning to start a coupon site.
    Signature
    From 64-85% Viewers are More Likely to Buy After Watching a Product Video.
    We Offer Professional Animated Explainer Video Creation + Youtube Marketing Services
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9379119].message }}

Trending Topics