Question about eBooks

5 replies
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I looked around and don't know where so..

Anyway, I was wondering.. for instance, see how John Chow offers his free money making eBook on the front of his page?

Do people offer eBooks to get more subscribers? Like when somebody signs up for his eBook does it count towards his subscriber list? Or is he just building his email list for affiliate products.

If so, are there people who offer ebooks and when people sign up they are subscribed to their feedburner count?'

Thanks,
Caden Grant
#ebooks #question
  • Profile picture of the author Aliaksandr
    MOST DEFINITELY! Offering a free guide is one of the best ways to get ppl to eventually buy. Sometimes it's imperative to the process. The guide should be good enough to keep ppl hanging on and wanting more. It definitely gets more subscribers because if they feel like the free ebook was good then they want to see what else they have to offer. It's one of the best ways to build your list. VERY effective!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[758046].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Caden Grant
      I could see how that could get more subscribers in return but what I meant was to get a free eBook from John Chow you have to enter your Name and Email Address. I'm wondering, when you confirm your email address to receive the free eBook download, does that mean you've just subscribed to his RSS feed?

Like can I do that, offer an eBook and when they sign up to receive the eBook via email, it subscribes them to my RSS feed using email subscription?

So say I have 1,000 subscribers on Feedburner, by offering this eBook 100 people sign up for the eBook, they subscribe by signing up for the ebook, giving me 1,100 subscribers?

Do you understand what I mean?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[758155].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author strategic
        edit for your last question.... No, I don't know of anyone who uses ebooks to get people subscribing to an rss feed or other blog feed. You can only GET their name and email address so that your autoresponder system can mail out other offers to the people who download your book, or get them to subscribe to your ezine (not rSS feed)

++++++++++++++++++++

Free ebooks serve a number of purposes including:

#1viral marketing tool, as you get traffic from people reading your book and clicking on the website links you embed

#2 link-love, as your ebook can be loaded to places like sribd so when people search for the keywords used in the book tags, they get directed to your book... and #1 kicks in again.

#3 free ebooks make your free sites like Squidoo more 'sticky' and rank better because it has a free download for visitors.

#3 builds your credibility as an 'expert' in your niche as you have 'written' this ebook, and it is being circulated around the world

#4 builds your subscriber list, as you can use the ebook as a 'gift' for people who subscribe to your ezine, or simply use it to collect emails of the people who download it, s that you can contact them later with your offers or ecourses etc.

#5 earns you more money, when you embed affiliate links as well as your website links in your book.

Hope the above gives you some ideas and reasons to get publishing!

I have over 50 books on Scribd and they are getting hundreds, or thousands of views and downloads... all these books busily working at viral marketing for me over these past few years.
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[767772].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ladyshadowrider
        Originally Posted by Caden Grant View Post

I could see how that could get more subscribers in return but what I meant was to get a free eBook from John Chow you have to enter your Name and Email Address. I'm wondering, when you confirm your email address to receive the free eBook download, does that mean you've just subscribed to his RSS feed?
        I doubt it, but have you signed up to get John Chow's free ebook to see if it subscribes you to his RSS feed?

Like can I do that, offer an eBook and when they sign up to receive the eBook via email, it subscribes them to my RSS feed using email subscription
        The way I do this using Aweber's autoresponder service is by using the Blog Broadcast feature.

The way this works is you insert your rss feed URL into the Blog Broadcast form in Aweber and whenever you add a new post to your blog, Aweber automatically send out an email to your subscribers with the new feed item in the email.

The email will either show the full post or just a snippet of the post with a link back to your site where they can read the rest of the post. How much of the post is shown in the email depends on how you have your syndication (rss feed) set up on your blog.

You can also set the Blog Broadcast to send an email each time a new item is added to the rss feed or set it to send a periodic digest of new items (daily, weekly, when new item count reaches a certain number).

They aren't actually subscribed to your rss feed, but you subscribers will receive an email notifying them of new content.

I don't know if it will work with feedburner or not. I've only used it with the RSS feeds from my self-hosted WordPress blogs.

HTH,
        Tamara
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[784500].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DMONY
    Yes. Chow has to in order to make sales because his SE placement was destroyed by internet markets who knew what they were doing. If you're selling a product, everyone likes "free", but then that doesn't make any money for the site owner, so a free ebook is a good way to get them "in the door".

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I looked around and don't know where so..

Anyway, I was wondering.. for instance, see how John Chow offers his free money making eBook on the front of his page?

Do people offer eBooks to get more subscribers? Like when somebody signs up for his eBook does it count towards his subscriber list? Or is he just building his email list for affiliate products.

If so, are there people who offer ebooks and when people sign up they are subscribed to their feedburner count?'

Thanks,
    Caden Grant
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[789579].message }}

Trending Topics