7 Productivity Tips For Bloggers

19 replies
Distraction is a big factor that causes many business bloggers to fail miserably. I've created this 7 tips video to super charge your productivity. Do add your productivity tips in your comments below.

Hope it helps...
Dr.Spencer Jones
#bloggers #productivity #tips
  • The best part of WP, is being able to put it on distraction free writing mode. Either way, we still get distracted by our social media and mobile phones on a constant basis.

Better kill the internet if you want to get deep focus haha!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8356977].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Cason
      Originally Posted by JohnJMJKEnterprises View Post

The best part of WP, is being able to put it on distraction free writing mode. Either way, we still get distracted by our social media and mobile phones on a constant basis.

Better kill the internet if you want to get deep focus haha!
      Cool, never knew about that feature in WP!
      Signature
      |
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8399360].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yestyle
    Banned
    Tips are very useful for bloggers, I have got a blogspot 9 months old and I will try apply those tips for my blog. Thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8357420].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Old
    thank you for these nice tips. not just for blogger, they must be style for a successful business life
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8358970].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author owenprescott
    I just had an idea, I have a laptop I barely use and a nice space where I can sit away from my main desk. I might setup my laptop away from my desk and I can work on specific task on the laptop. Thanks for the video, it was very useful.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8374172].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Darlinton Omeh
      Originally Posted by owenprescott View Post

I just had an idea, I have a laptop I barely use and a nice space where I can sit away from my main desk. I might setup my laptop away from my desk and I can work on specific task on the laptop. Thanks for the video, it was very useful.
      For me, to sit away isn't the problem but the laptop itself and the internet.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8390219].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jalynn
      Originally Posted by owenprescott View Post

This is something along the lines of what I employ - that is, go to a tablet or take my laptop out into the yard for "distraction free" writing.

It actually helps! The other thing I do to slow my brain down is Meditate.

Anyhow, good luck to everyone.

Thanks for your input.
      Signature

Jalynn Ashby
      Sakura Project
      Wordpress for Beginners

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8441686].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author saddik07
    Thanks for your sharing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8377218].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ralphragew
    wow another great tips from Sir Spencer.. thnx bro let me watch this..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8379303].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Darlinton Omeh
    How I wish I could turn of the Internet completely, write my posts offline, then connect and publish. Over 50 different websites live on my tab browser at any given time, sure that's enough distraction but I simply can't do without them.

These days I've limited myself to creating just one post everyday and I don't think that's good enough for a site that I needs 2,000 quality posts before this year runs out.

Thanks for sharing this, I HOPE to work on them.
    By the way, this is my first post on WF
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8390208].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Moneymaker2012
    You make a video like to cover all the problems in just 7 tips. Thanks for sharing this.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8411019].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author articlesarthors
    Thanks for the video, but I agree about getting rid of the internet if you want to stay focused!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8435193].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Motivatingminutes
    Thanks for the video, i already doing this steps
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8438665].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kevinnisgrace
    Thanks for the video, i like it so much
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8468159].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author China Newz
      Outstanding points that you make in your video. Hope to incorporate all of these into my daily routine. The majority of your time should be focused on creating quality content that attracts people to your site and convert them to the products/services being offered. Everything else is more fringe.
      Signature

China Newz

China Newz is a blog introducing China's history, culture, people and places.

www.chinanewz.com

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8469201].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author duckland
    Thanks for your sharing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8529439].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author initzero
    thanks for the video...

sadly for me checking social media and emails every now and then already became a habit to me..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8542419].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ChaletDM
      Hi Spencer,

You mentioned: "Do add your productivity tips in your comments below."

If you are generating a lot of content for blogs, etc. I have found "Dragon Naturally Speaking" to be a great productivity tool. The speech recognition engine in this software is absolutely amazing and it learns from your voice the more you use it.

This software is especially helpful if you don't have a lot of money to get articles outsourced or are not very fast in typing.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8597510].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KevMason
    I feel the simplest ways to become more productive is to list the top 3-5 things you need to complete for the day and start with the Hardest, Most Boring or Most Important then work down the list.

By the end of of the day as you drain, the tasks will become easier, as you have completed the more difficult ones.

However you must ensure you actually finish ALL the tasks for each day unless you have had an issue out of your hand.

Lastly switch off Mobiles and focus on the job at hand, but only check it at lunch, or end of days, you will quickly notice nothing is that important that cannot wait!

Hope that helps.
    Signature

=================================
    Online Marketing Tips & Training Check Out >>TheOnlineTrapstar.com

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8754296].message }}

Trending Topics