Do You Need A Blog To Make Money Online ?

29 replies
I created this video to answer the common question - Do you need a blog to make money online ?

Would love to read your comments.

Dr.Spencer Jones
#blog #make #money #online
  • Profile picture of the author Lelando
    My money blogs with adsense on them dont do as good as they used to Im going to abandom them and focus my time on other stuff.......
    Signature
    This will blow your mind! learn how to make money online while building your email list at the same time!
    It's Free!!!!
    http://mondaydollars.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8389330].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Spencer Jones
      Originally Posted by Lelando View Post

My money blogs with adsense on them dont do as good as they used to Im going to abandom them and focus my time on other stuff.......
      Adsense was one of the biggest flop I've ever tried...

Wasting years for pennies not worth it... There were times when I used to earn regular adsense checks on a monthly basis.

But still adsense is not the best money maker.

Dr.Spencer Jones
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8389371].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author charleskay
        Originally Posted by Spencer Jones View Post

Wasting years for pennies not worth it... There were times when I used to earn regular adsense checks on a monthly basis.

Dr.Spencer Jones
        I need ideas on making money online ...pls help me
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8394409].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author AmazingP

Dr.Spencer Jones
        I agree. There are many people who find out that Adsense is not really the best way to make money online...though we should not say that we can not make money with Adsense. With all the updates slapped by Google...Adsense is getting to be more difficult.
        Signature
        I AM LOOKING FOR BETTER WAY TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8484309].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author elbiz
      Originally Posted by Lelando View Post

Link takes me to btyahoo and says page not found.Just to let you know.Dave Ellis
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8396631].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author wakeup34
      Blog seems to be the slowest way, wheras PPC and targeted custom domain websites with good SEO produce much faster results.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8519111].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author amitaharij
        Banned
        [DELETED]
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8605537].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author mitz
          I have blogs with Adsense and blogs without.

I would never say that something DOES NOT work, even I have tried it and failed, as I easily could have failed at all of them. But I didn't give up until I succeeded, that is the only difference.

I spent months just getting to the first $100 payout for Adsense and years after that getting to over $5,000 a month on only one blog.

Most people think that if they slap Adsense on a blog the money comes flooding in.. Not true. Adsense requires targeted traffic just like any other money making method. If you have a site about building websites then you need traffic that wants to build a website or blog... You do not want pro web designers who build websites to visit.

I f'n love Adsense, other peoples great products, recurring commissions, and more!

Blogs are a powerful tool and you are also building virtual real-estate to hopefully sell off! If you build your business on other sites there is no base business to sell. It is very hard to sell an idea.

Sure you can do most things without a blog but what is everything leading to on the internet? A website or blog. If its not yours then you are leading them to someone else's.
          Signature

Have a great day!
          Making money online by building one Wordpress Website at a time.

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8615043].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author messijack
    Yes, You can earn more money through online jobs
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8396539].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ToryBorysewicz
    Banned

Dr.Spencer Jones
    Why was Adsense a flop? Were the cheques/income inconsistent or did your account get closed down?

Adsense always seems like a scary venture because of the high risk factor compared to Amazon or Clickbank IMHO.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8396826].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AleksandarF
    yes ,you can
    but first you must learn how to earn
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8396904].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kupang
      Originally Posted by AleksandarF View Post

yes ,you can
      but first you must learn how to earn
      and how to get more traffics...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8435412].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Cason
    Cool video.

I think blogging is one of the simplest way a newbie can start making money online. It's minimal on the technical side of things which is often where most newbies get stuck in the IM world.

Not to mention the startup costs are really low and as long as you focus on giving value you don't have to spend anything at all on getting traffic!
    Signature
    |
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8399348].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Viramara
    Blogging is great and you can make money doing something you love : self-expressing and educating. But you must really clever to convert the visitors and know what kind of offer will convert best.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8403448].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AlbertBarkley
    Making money with blogging require much more time. You need enough traffic to make money online which increases with the passage of time and it will take much more time. However I suggest to use E-Lance, Freelancer and Odesk to make money by writing articles or something else which you need.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8403959].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ngocngecklam
    you can make money doing something you love .
    Here you can discover new internet methods to multiply
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8406418].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ozstylo
    i am also runing a blog almost 6 moths but income is 0
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8426382].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author FlyingSuccess
    I get about 10 leads a day with my blog and youtube marketing by providing quality content and syndicating it.

The hardest thing is learning how to create a blog. Trust me, I know firsthand. I learned how to create websites...having a blog IS a necessity but you also need to know how to get eyeballs to your site, too.
    Signature
    Michelle
    My PERSONAL BLOG
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8427501].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author spacestar
      Originally Posted by FlyingSuccess View Post

I get about 10 leads a day with my blog and youtube marketing by providing quality content and syndicating it.

The hardest thing is learning how to create a blog. Trust me, I know firsthand. I learned how to create websites...having a blog IS a necessity but you also need to know how to get eyeballs to your site, too.
      seeing your avatar I can understand how you are getting eyeballs
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8435380].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Clark85
    I would say starting a blog only with the motivation to earn money is the wrong way. You should also start because you're keen on it, you're into the stuff and want to do this because... you want to express yourself. If both motivational factors are there - making money and enjoying blogging - then you're on the right way.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8438417].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bloggerbulk
    Yes as you said blogging is always the number one. I do agree. But why you need to move your coins from pocket. Just go for blogger. Create a free blog from blogger and choose perfect niche to start. Just start it , go with it and earn with it. Traffic is key to your earning. Just remember this point.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8443596].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mohit17
    I am using Adsense for making money online.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8443994].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author VladislavGasan
    I think the best way to earn money online is to make own internet shop and sell something, it`s better then blog.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8498566].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fayyra
    You should have a good material to produce a money.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8500970].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author deandre30
    U dont need a blog but it doesnt hurt to have a blog. that will bring more traffic to your site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8509282].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Insightful91
    I believe blog is highly underestimated, it can serve as a really powerful device to channel your sales and generate some leads. Some people got the point and became successful, I never did myself but I also never gave up.

I remember when AdSense kicked-in how everybody was so excited thinking how they'll be making millions in couple of years... unfortunately for all of us we were just minions in the pyramid and someone else was making loads up there
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8511392].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author johnben1444
    What's the difference between a blog and static website? Probably nothing other than posting ability and even at that you can create new page on static site and you have a new post/page except it's more difficult or complicated.

Aside that, anything a static site does a blog can do.
    Signature
    Grow your social media account, Spotify Streams, YT Views & IG Followers & More
    Software & Mobile APP Developer
    Buy Spotify, Facebook Bot & IG M/S Method
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8615086].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ViralMediaBoost
    Good video explains basic information which is great for new users i have to say though a blog can make a lot of money if used correctly.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8615831].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KevMason
    Hey,

Blogging is a really simple concept and if you stick at it can produce great results, but you need to understand it will take longer to get results than paid traffic!

The thing I notice with most guys that do Blogging is they fall into the trap that they need to acquire free traffic (NOT such thing btw) in order to get visitors so look at SEO as the magic pill.

Though SEO does work, and (Adsense more on this in another post) the best way most Bloggers get traffic is by doing Content Generation and by distributing that content to a range of websites that are NOT controlled by the Search Engines and their rankings, and can even produce HUGE amounts of traffic. However this method involves some finances but mostly to pay for monthly/yearly services.

Check out this link here for more info: How to Get 5,000 Visitors to Your Next Blog Post... (WITHOUT Google)

Now you know how to get the traffic you now need to figure out what you will promote.

There is so many niches to start with, so just ideally start with one based on the income you could earn from it, or one that you are generally interested in and could add value in as you will need to add content to your Blog on a regular basis.

You could start doing CPA, become an affiliate to physical/digital products, create own product/service, do adsense/private banner sales or just build an email list in order to promote other peoples offers, the choices are endless.

To get started I would look at "SemRush" to do a little research on search terms traffic etc and take from there, remember you need to get the traffic intel for niche first then focus on the offer.

Hope this helps
    Signature

=================================
    Online Marketing Tips & Training Check Out >>TheOnlineTrapstar.com

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8754209].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Magicalidea
    Of course if you are not fan of SEO & IM, you don't need blog or website to make money online. There are so many ways to earn money online just by cooperating with the other groups.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8788788].message }}

Trending Topics