What is the best social media platform for sales/conversion?

16 replies
Hi. I'm running an online language tutoring website. I'm looking into focusing on a social media platform to find more customers to come to my website and of course, convert these customers as well. There are so many social media platforms out there, I'm not quite sure what is effective for my market niche (online language tutoring).

The best information I found on this subject so far is from this article: https://www.shopify.com/blog/1273154...es-infographic. It appears that Facebook is pretty good for sales/conversions in that article. Given my niche is online language tutoring, I'm guessing Facebook, Youtube, and maybe even LinkedIn would be the top 3 social media platforms that may yield the best ROI for me.

Based on your experience, what which social media platforms should I concentrate on? I can choose from Facebook, Youtube, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram, Vine, Reddit, Vimeo, etc.
#media #platform #sales or conversion #social
  • Profile picture of the author khalid farhat
    Originally Posted by richard888 View Post

    Hi. I'm running an online language tutoring website. I'm looking into focusing on a social media platform to find more customers to come to my website and of course, convert these customers as well. There are so many social media platforms out there, I'm not quite sure what is effective for my market niche (online language tutoring).

    The best information I found on this subject so far is from this article: https://www.shopify.com/blog/1273154...es-infographic. It appears that Facebook is pretty good for sales/conversions in that article. Given my niche is online language tutoring, I'm guessing Facebook, Youtube, and maybe even LinkedIn would be the top 3 social media platforms that may yield the best ROI for me.

    Based on your experience, what which social media platforms should I concentrate on? I can choose from Facebook, Youtube, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram, Vine, Reddit, Vimeo, etc.
    i think you should focus on pinterest and youtube. they are the most valuable traffic. i also recommend to start with instagram its good and helps to spread fast
    Signature

    $10+ per Day Automated Money Making Guide - FB - Mobile - SEO Optimized (~NEW~)https://fastfilez.com/a3r8

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10826536].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author michaelkoehler92
    Since its a language tutoring website, Images wont convert much here.
    Best would be to go with Facebook ads, Instagram, Twitter is also a good source though it gets neglected often but I usually get a lot of conversions and deals closing from twitter directly.

    Spend some time analyzing your competitors what they do and have good they are at it. Few of the tools that can help you with facebook ads is Dark Post engine. While spending over Facebook make sure not to burn all the amount at instance rather create different ads and test whats converting better for you.
    Feel free to update us how it goes.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10826562].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author richard888
      Originally Posted by michaelkoehler92 View Post

      Since its a language tutoring website, Images wont convert much here.
      Best would be to go with Facebook ads, Instagram,

      Yes, I had the same thinking that image based advertising is less effective because of my niche (versus say, advertising clothes and other products where visual appeal is more important). Based on this logic, may I ask why you suggested Instagram? What was your past experience with Instagram and if I were to pursue Instagram, what strategy would you suggest I go with?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10826658].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author james flynn
    Originally Posted by richard888 View Post

    Hi. I'm running an online language tutoring website. I'm looking into focusing on a social media platform to find more customers to come to my website and of course, convert these customers as well. There are so many social media platforms out there, I'm not quite sure what is effective for my market niche (online language tutoring).

    The best information I found on this subject so far is from this article: https://www.shopify.com/blog/1273154...es-infographic. It appears that Facebook is pretty good for sales/conversions in that article. Given my niche is online language tutoring, I'm guessing Facebook, Youtube, and maybe even LinkedIn would be the top 3 social media platforms that may yield the best ROI for me.

    Based on your experience, what which social media platforms should I concentrate on? I can choose from Facebook, Youtube, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram, Vine, Reddit, Vimeo, etc.
    Well, I would definitely recommend you Facebook and Pinterest.Reason because you can effectively advertise visual based advertisements to attract customers. Use videos,images and Gifs to reap the most benefit from these sources.

    Cheers-James
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10826589].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author richard888
      Originally Posted by james flynn View Post

      Well, I would definitely recommend you Facebook and Pinterest.Reason because you can effectively advertise visual based advertisements to attract customers. Use videos,images and Gifs to reap the most benefit from these sources.

      Cheers-James

      Thanks. Any reason why you suggested Pinterest? Was it effective for your niche?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10826668].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Isaiah Jackson
    The best one would be the one that YOU use to bring in sales.

    Hate seeing questions like this.

    Its like asking what the average conversion rate on xyz sales page.

    The average will be determined by what you do not others do.

    It can be use to gather data of what to shoot for but there are way to many variables to take into account when looking.

    So the best platform would be the one YOU use to bring in sales.

    Vine may suck for me but it may work wonders for you.

    Only way to find out is to go out there and test it for yourself
    Signature
    Controversial Free Report Reveals - Cutting Edged Strategy That Made $1,448 In 28 Days From A Tiny List Of 188 Subscribers. - Click Here For More Info
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10826654].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author richard888
      Originally Posted by Isaiah Jackson View Post

      The best one would be the one that YOU use to bring in sales.

      Hate seeing questions like this.

      Its like asking what the average conversion rate on xyz sales page.

      The average will be determined by what you do not others do.

      It can be use to gather data of what to shoot for but there are way to many variables to take into account when looking.

      So the best platform would be the one YOU use to bring in sales.

      Vine may suck for me but it may work wonders for you.

      Only way to find out is to go out there and test it for yourself

      I agree but it takes time to build a presence on all the possible social media platforms - you need to create a page/profile, then start updating, then you have to get followers. I have to start somewhere and I don't want to spread myself thin so I want to pick a few to start with first (and then given enough time, I can expand and try other platforms).


      The biggest time sink is building a sizeable presence on a platform (including making the page/profile and getting a sizeable number of followers) before you can determine whether the ROI is effective.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10826664].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nicole W
    I would take twitter and facebook as well as youtube (probably relatively more work).
    On facebook you can also share fun blog posts about how important language skills are..facebook it good (and easy) for sharing quality content, so make use of that.
    Signature

    Nicole
    Executive Assistant and SEO Professional at British Jewellery Boutique Song of Jewellery

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10827113].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wombat967
    Originally Posted by richard888 View Post

    Hi. I'm running an online language tutoring website. I'm looking into focusing on a social media platform to find more customers to come to my website and of course, convert these customers as well. There are so many social media platforms out there, I'm not quite sure what is effective for my market niche (online language tutoring).

    The best information I found on this subject so far is from this article: https://www.shopify.com/blog/1273154...es-infographic. It appears that Facebook is pretty good for sales/conversions in that article. Given my niche is online language tutoring, I'm guessing Facebook, Youtube, and maybe even LinkedIn would be the top 3 social media platforms that may yield the best ROI for me.

    Based on your experience, what which social media platforms should I concentrate on? I can choose from Facebook, Youtube, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram, Vine, Reddit, Vimeo, etc.
    I think the best combination would be Facebook, especially if you boost your posts combined with G+ which gives your site better ranking in google and you tube videos linked to your pages and also facebook and google plus.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10827841].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wentzco
    I just took a peek at Pinterest & typed in language + learning. Some of the images have thousands of pins (mostly infographics). Type in language + Spanish & you get the same results. Type in "language" to get a broader view as well as image creation or keyword ideas. If you create images - these will work on Pinterest, Facebook & Twitter as well.

    Make a post on your Facebook page & it will disappear from viewing eyes after a day or unless people return to your page & scroll down. Create a pin on Pinterest that catches on & that pin will be seen by many for a long long time. Those that save the pin on one of their boards will see your pin every time they view their board. Pins have longevity!

    Yes - use Facebook & build up a fan base with targeted ads (target competitor pages) for your Facebook page. Create a free Pinterest tab on your Facebook page at Woobox. Consider creating a Facebook group as well because that builds up a community. More people will see your posts in a Facebook group compared to a page.

    Also consider promoted pins to get off to a good start getting followers. Look at what successful competitors are pinning on their boards. There's many good articles on using Pinterest out there - here's a good start at https://blog.kissmetrics.com/ultimat...rketing-guide/
    & 10 Tips to Optimize Your Presence on Pinterest

    A quote from an article to pay attention to - "Pinners are not on Pinterest to connect with old high school buddies or provide friends with a status update. They are there to plan, search for ideas, and ultimately make a purchase." - Social Media - Pinterest Isn't the Social Platform You Think It Is : MarketingProfs Article

    A combo of Facebook, Pinterest & YouTube is likely the best route for you. Yeah - have a Twitter account but the other 3 will produce better results for you IMO. Use Crowdfireapp to "copy followers" of your competitors on Twitter.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10828031].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author richard888
      Originally Posted by wentzco View Post

      I just took a peek at Pinterest & typed in language + learning. Some of the images have thousands of pins (mostly infographics). Type in language + Spanish & you get the same results. Type in "language" to get a broader view as well as image creation or keyword ideas. If you create images - these will work on Pinterest, Facebook & Twitter as well.

      Make a post on your Facebook page & it will disappear from viewing eyes after a day or unless people return to your page & scroll down. Create a pin on Pinterest that catches on & that pin will be seen by many for a long long time. Those that save the pin on one of their boards will see your pin every time they view their board. Pins have longevity!

      Yes - use Facebook & build up a fan base with targeted ads (target competitor pages) for your Facebook page. Create a free Pinterest tab on your Facebook page at Woobox. Consider creating a Facebook group as well because that builds up a community. More people will see your posts in a Facebook group compared to a page.

      Also consider promoted pins to get off to a good start getting followers. Look at what successful competitors are pinning on their boards. There's many good articles on using Pinterest out there - here's a good start at https://blog.kissmetrics.com/ultimat...rketing-guide/
      & 10 Tips to Optimize Your Presence on Pinterest

      A quote from an article to pay attention to - "Pinners are not on Pinterest to connect with old high school buddies or provide friends with a status update. They are there to plan, search for ideas, and ultimately make a purchase." - Social Media - Pinterest Isn't the Social Platform You Think It Is : MarketingProfs Article

      A combo of Facebook, Pinterest & YouTube is likely the best route for you. Yeah - have a Twitter account but the other 3 will produce better results for IMO. Use Crowdfireapp to "copy followers" of your competitors on Twitter.
      Thanks! I took a quick look at Pinterest and you're right! I can see some pins geared towards people learning languages. I'll do a more thorough examination of Pinterest but from the quick look I took, it does look promising. Thanks for your advice
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10828380].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Adria Fontana
    Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook are good source of traffic and great for sales and conversion. Make sure your content is valuable and engaging, use proper images and videos and relevant links.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10831919].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sprucevn
    1. Facebook
    2. Twitter
    3. Pinterest
    4. Google
    5. Youtube
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10835165].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bleght
    All of them are good as long as you find a good way to build up some following on them. Each one has it's own specifics, strengths and weaknesses, but you need to figure those out in the context of your business. So pick a few popular ones and a few left of field ones and try to work them for a while. Keep the ones that are showing reasonable growth and drop the ones that are stagnating, replacing them with new contenders. In the end you'll be left with a bunch of working social media traffic sources with some targeted followers already.

    Also, don't grow them for growth sake, but try to reach only people that have a chance of purchasing your product.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10837791].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Scoot7
    Facebook by far would be the best for your business.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10838338].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JamesONeill
    Very hard to say, and definitely varies based on your product / budget.

    I love Instagram, but it's much more applicable to products that are aimed at the young age group. Prime examples: shoes, clothes, phone cases.

    For your purposes, I'd actually recommend Twitter and Facebook. Your best chance it to just try them all - you'll quickly learn what works best and refine your strategy from there.

    Good luck
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10873481].message }}

Trending Topics