Which social media platform do you use to grow your audience?

40 replies
Hey guys, just doing a little research here and I think this will help others too.

Right now I can say that Facebook really accounts for most of my following on social media, but I'd like to hear from other people to see what platform is outperforming FB or if you're in the same boat.

Thanks guys.

-Phil
#grow audience #social media #social media marketing #social media platform
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Ten
    I use Twitter and Facebook mainly. Any of the big ones are good. It's important not to over utilize social media. I'm guilty of that probably. Oh well. Ha.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10927807].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chooseyourself
      Originally Posted by Michael Ten View Post

      I use Twitter and Facebook mainly. Any of the big ones are good. It's important not to over utilize social media. I'm guilty of that probably. Oh well. Ha.
      LOL I think we all are guilty of overdoing it.

      Twitter is ok, I just haven't cracked that but.

      -Phil
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10929611].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author susansavana
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10927811].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Regional Warrior
    Originally Posted by chooseyourself View Post

    Hey guys, just doing a little research here and I think this will help others too.

    Right now I can say that Facebook really accounts for most of my following on social media, but I'd like to hear from other people to see what platform is outperforming FB or if you're in the same boat.

    Thanks guys.

    -Phil
    you do know there is a perfect sub forum on here to asked this question

    Social Media
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10927812].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10927816].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shaunybb
    Hey there!


    I use the ones that produce the best results in the smallest amount of time!


    My time is then spent elsewhere properly!
    Signature
    ====>READY To Be Successful Online? FIND OUT more!?<====
    You FAIL online because you have the WRONG information.....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10927820].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chooseyourself
      Originally Posted by shaunybb View Post

      Hey there!


      I use the ones that produce the best results in the smallest amount of time!


      My time is then spent elsewhere properly!
      Hey shaunybb, has anything been more effective than FB for you?

      -Phil
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10929664].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Drake Nicholson
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10929356].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chooseyourself
      Originally Posted by Drake Nicholson View Post

      I use facebook and instagram !
      Hey Drake, I found that with IG I can get some followerss but not many people coming back to my site.

      Has your experience been different?

      -Phil
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10929666].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author NetNinja91
    Facebook and Instagram, I'm also working on my Twitter following.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10929411].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chooseyourself
      Originally Posted by NetNinja91 View Post

      Facebook and Instagram, I'm also working on my Twitter following.
      Gotcha NetNinja91.

      I haven't seen anything trump a facebook group, Facebook live videos, and even just your fb wall posts yet as far as driving traffic for me.

      -Phil
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10929671].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Intuz
    Facebook
    Twitter
    For business posts and news LinkedIn and Google+
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10929419].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chooseyourself
      Originally Posted by Intuz View Post

      Facebook
      Twitter
      For business posts and news LinkedIn and Google+
      Yeah I'm gonna start using LinkedIn a little more myself. I think the groups there can help with driving traffic.

      -Phil
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10929674].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author M Luthra
    I used daily basis in below lines activity:
    1) Facebook
    2) Twitter
    3) Google Plus
    4) Linkedin
    5) Tumblr etc.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10929659].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Clarence Chan
    Facebook and twitter for me but its easier for me to engage with others using twitter which helps me grow my audience
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10929791].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chooseyourself
      Originally Posted by Clarence Chan View Post

      Facebook and twitter for me but its easier for me to engage with others using twitter which helps me grow my audience
      I haven't put my all into Twitter Clarence.

      I still post from time to time, but just ain't getting the traffic from it yet.

      Haven't figured it out lol.

      -Phil
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10931602].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Thomas Perry
    I use Facebook and Twitter to grow my audience.They are effective for business posts and driving more traffic
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10929829].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10929949].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mattsuth
    I think this depends not only on your niche but also on personal preference. I've tried to use platforms that I'm not comfortable with over the years which has just made my posts look forced and unnatural so I tend to stick with what I know these days.
    My platforms of choice are as follows:


    Facebook:
    I think this is the best way to show a personality and build relationships both with your followers and with people in your niche. It's up to the minute so you can post on current events as and when they happen which keeps you current, and there are also some great scheduling tools out there which means you can stay in touch with people while you're out of the office so to speak. Facebook is so easy to use that I know that people even have their grandparents on there now so you have access to people of all age ranges meaning that no matter what your target market, you're likely to hit a large section of them through Facebook.
    It's great for building relationships but because of how easy it is to link back to your website it also helps build up your search ranking and with some great copy, can lead to sales really quite easily.


    Instagram:
    Instagram is my second platform of choice and I make sure I post to both regularly. Instagram is a great way to keep your brand at the forefront of people's minds and is a good 'support' of Facebook marketing. It is much easier for people to browse without getting caught up in the emotional side and can really help you build up your personality. The key to a successful Instagram page is how well you use the hashtag and @ functions which make it a bit more complex for those who are a bit more technologically challenged, but it's definitely my second platform of choice.


    LinkedIn.
    Let's not forget LinkedIn which is the hidden social media platform. This is a great networking site which helps to build up corporate contacts in your area. You're posting to a different audience on your LinkedIn profile so don't be fooled into thinking you can share the same material in the same way because it just doesn't work like that and the sites all have a different purpose to one another.


    There's nothing worse than seeing someone putting half hearted effort into having a presence on ALL the platforms because I really believe that there are just too many these days for anyone to be present and active on all of them. I say pick one or two apps and stick to them, and those are the ones that I've chosen
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10931691].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chooseyourself
      Originally Posted by mattsuth View Post

      I think this depends not only on your niche but also on personal preference. I've tried to use platforms that I'm not comfortable with over the years which has just made my posts look forced and unnatural so I tend to stick with what I know these days.
      My platforms of choice are as follows:


      Facebook:
      I think this is the best way to show a personality and build relationships both with your followers and with people in your niche. It's up to the minute so you can post on current events as and when they happen which keeps you current, and there are also some great scheduling tools out there which means you can stay in touch with people while you're out of the office so to speak. Facebook is so easy to use that I know that people even have their grandparents on there now so you have access to people of all age ranges meaning that no matter what your target market, you're likely to hit a large section of them through Facebook.
      It's great for building relationships but because of how easy it is to link back to your website it also helps build up your search ranking and with some great copy, can lead to sales really quite easily.


      Instagram:
      Instagram is my second platform of choice and I make sure I post to both regularly. Instagram is a great way to keep your brand at the forefront of people's minds and is a good 'support' of Facebook marketing. It is much easier for people to browse without getting caught up in the emotional side and can really help you build up your personality. The key to a successful Instagram page is how well you use the hashtag and @ functions which make it a bit more complex for those who are a bit more technologically challenged, but it's definitely my second platform of choice.


      LinkedIn.
      Let's not forget LinkedIn which is the hidden social media platform. This is a great networking site which helps to build up corporate contacts in your area. You're posting to a different audience on your LinkedIn profile so don't be fooled into thinking you can share the same material in the same way because it just doesn't work like that and the sites all have a different purpose to one another.


      There's nothing worse than seeing someone putting half hearted effort into having a presence on ALL the platforms because I really believe that there are just too many these days for anyone to be present and active on all of them. I say pick one or two apps and stick to them, and those are the ones that I've chosen
      Hey mattsuth, thanks for the very in-depth reply here.

      I haven't quite so much figured out Instagram, but that's not to say it doesn't work.

      I just haven't really gone "balls to the wall" with it really.

      I've hear great things about it along with LinkedIn like you've mentioned here.

      Now that I've had quite a bit of success with Facebook I'm gonna see if I can branch out to LinkedIn since I've got my own blog and I've read up on a cool strategy I think will work pretty darn good.

      I have a product launch tomorrow morning based on using Facebook and affiliate marketing.

      It should be interesting to try and use put a little more effort into LinkedIn after this launch!

      Thanks for the input man.

      -Phil
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10932766].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AMSuccessProgram
    I Use facebook,Instagram and Google Plus.
    Signature
    Anthony Morrison the self-taught internet marketing guru.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10934186].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author desireedavid
    FB, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Although I am curious about Pinterest. Will be looking into using Pinterest soon.
    Signature
    “Creativity is intelligence having fun.” – Albert Einstein
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10934208].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author michaelandy
    Well, nowadays various social media platforms are available to promote your business online and get exact leads at targeted area. Except for Facebook some of other social media channels are used in promoting business is twitter, Linkedin, Instagram and Google+. These are some of other social media channels which will give you good results while you want to get beneficial business leads.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10937457].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author michaelch
    Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, StumbleUpon and a few more.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10974310].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ranjivkapoor
    Banned
    I use Facebook and Instagram to grow my audience..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10995245].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author qrcodereader
    I like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, StumbleUpon.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10995273].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author socialluise
    Use whatever social network that your target customers are on. If you are into home decor, Pinterest will be great. If you target Mums to be Instagram and Facebook will do the job. If you want to build a raving group of teenage fans for a boyband use Tumblr and Snapchat.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10995493].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author warezQQ
    We use Facebook for our local stores (also paid ads) and Twitter/YouTube/G+ for weekly updates
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10995503].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kaushalvriddhi
    If you want to grow your audience, Facebook is one of the best social media channel. you can generate leads through social media channels. Other social media channels are facebook, twitter, linked in, google plus,stumble upon . blogging.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10999115].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Priti Kulkarni
    My preferred social platform is facebook. It is an all-in-one social media tool despite having twitter and instagram as competitive platforms for instant messages and promoting images & videos.
    Although, facebook is not that relevant as it used to be 2 years back. These days brands including some of my clients specifically ask for me to focus on instagram likes and twitter retweets & followers.
    Gotta say, the influence these platforms have is immense. However, to grow audience, you have to have facebook, instagram, twitter, pinterest, linkedin & google+ profiles so as to get the most out of social traffic.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10999125].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Elna R Wiley
    I use Facebook and instagram..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10999133].message }}
  • I'm getting a lot of good results from Twitter.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10999977].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Claire Anderson
    There are different social media platforms that are utilized by the marketers to increase their product sales. The most widely used social media platforms to drive tremendous amount of traffic to the business websites are YouTube, Twitter,Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Google+ and Instagram. But to increase the traffic, we also need to engage with the audience. Without any use engagement, we cannot notify the audience about the information, services or product that our website/blog offers.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11000088].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author spartan14
    I have a facebook fanpage with like 500 subscribers so far .I add value and i dont start promotion yet .I plan to start it at 1000 ,thys type of promotion its good because it not depends on google etc
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11000111].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GayleFoxworth
    Facebook is the best social media platform to grow audience
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11064335].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author buyproxy
    There are a lot of social media but I mostly support FB, Twitter, G+, and also Instagram for growing my traffic.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11064733].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mahmood99
    I have only used Instagram as of yet.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11064736].message }}

Trending Topics