I was around the Warrior Forum around 5/6 years ago when I specialised in Adsense and Amazon Affiliates. I earned a fairly good income, but I lost interest as I dedicated more time to my family.
Anyway, things have changed and I am interested in knowing more about YouTube, specifically creating a channel for young kids. I have the ability to create similar videos to the ones I have seen and wondered how easy it is to build up viewing numbers and earn good money. I dabbled with YouTube when setting my Amazon Affiliate websites - I made a little money from product review videos.
The idea is this:
- Create a YouTube channel with multiple videos (many of the successful channels I've been keeping an eye on upload 2 - 5 videos weekly).
- I'm looking at around $4 - $7 per 1,000 ad views, but I'm not sure if that depends on the niche (for example, are young kids likely to bypass the ads?).
- YouTube will take around 50% of this.
- There will be little video editing costs my end. It will only be my time and effort at stake.
- Promote via social media to increase views and subscribers.
- I could monetise further with affiliate links to Amazon (for the toys), but it's unlikely to amount to anything as the target audience is children.
I know the videos, especially for kids, have to be bright, colourful and cheerful.
I've looked around this forum for more specific information about monetising using YouTube, but I've not found much apart from those who have tried and have struggled building up subscribers.
Is there anything else I should be thinking about before attempting this idea?
Thanks for any input.