Long time no see, i have been quite away from WF for a long long time.
Today is a special day and thats why i want to share with you how to get tons of qualified traffic.
I sincerely believe the major problem that everyone who has an online business is to drive qualified traffic consistently.
When you find a consistent way to drive traffic, will help you to increase the number of new subscribers that enroll to your list daily, the number of products you sell, etc.
To me sincerely the best way to drive traffic is PINTEREST hands down!, to be honest with ya, pinterest is the biggest referral for my sites, normally 90% of my website traffic is from Pinterest alone.
The problem with many people, is they don't know how to do it correctly and thats why they fail miserably.
1) You need to be in one of the niches that pinterest loves... and Pinterest audience is seeking for:
The top 6 niches Pinterest loves:
- How to Make Money (obvious right!)
- Personal Finance
- Health & Fitness
- Beauty and Fashion
So if you think that you can get loads of traffic from different niches, probably you can´t... when i mean loads i am referring to get 10k - 50k daily.
Sure you can get some spares, but thats not the idea of it.
Let me try to drill down how to do the things correctly:
1st) Your blog or site should be optimized to capture leads or sell something, because if the pages or posts where the visitors are redirected are not optimized then you will not convert well at all.
2nd) You will need to create a Pinterest account
3rd) You will need to convert your basic account into a business account
4th) You will need to enable rich pins.
what are Rich Pins you may ask?
Accordingly with Pinterest "Rich Pins are a type of organic Pin format that provide more context about an idea by showing extra information directly on the Pin. Rich Pins are a free product available for anyone on Pinterest. You can identify Rich Pins by the extra information above and below the image on closeup and the bold title in grid."
Benefits of having Pinterest pins:
They provide more exposure and amplification from Pinterest Itself.
How to enable Rich Pins you may ask?
1st) Install Yoast SEO plugin (Wordpress) and go to the Yoast's "Features" tab. Make sure the "Advanced settings pages" is "Enabled" and that will enable the metadata.
2nd) Go to Pinterest's Rich Pin Validator, and plug in a link to any blog post on your site (it CANNOT be the link to your homepage). It doesn't matter which blog post and you only need to do one. Click "validate."
5) Now you will need to optimize your Profile with researched keywords to improve Pinterest SEO (use Pinterest search engine to research for the keyword with higher volume).
6) Create boards with board titles based in "searchable keywords" , don't use fancy names, that will not work at all. I recommend to create at least 20 Boards
7) Create board covers for each board that you have. Each board cover should have the following size => 600 x 600 pixels (you can use Canva to create them, its free!)
8) Create Pins with descriptions that should include the target keywords, you need to research the keywords that will use so you can get traffic or else you will not succeed. The Pinterest image recommended size is: 600x900 (normal) or 600x1260 (tall pins) higher then this they will be cluttered.
You should create 3-5 different pins for every article or post you have and to do so you can use Canva since its free and very easy to work with.
9) To increase the traffic you need to join Group boards related with your niche! Avoid generic boards because they will penalize you.
When choosing Group boards check the ones that have higher repin ratios and with less then 50 members , the ones with a huge amount of members normally don't work well and are not engaging.
10) Pinning: So you can get traffic consistently you need to pin consistently and for that you can do it in two different ways:
a) Manual Pinning: You need to create a daily workflow to pin every day, i recommend to pin 20-30 pictures daily and not in a blast... you need to pin 4-5 times a day or even more.
If you started your profile awhile back and don't have much content in your site or blog i recommend to use the 80% / 20% rule (80% content from others and 20% from yours) but as soon as you have enough content and pins of your site, try to have 100% pins of your stuff. You don't want to offer traffic to others right?
I use this strategy and works pretty well.
b) Automatic Scheduling: Its not really automatic since you need to prepare the scheduling, in this case i recommend to use Tailwind that is the best scheduler for Pinterest hands down! you can try it for free up to 100 Pins and then if you like it you can subscribe ($9 per month paid annually)
This tool worths every single penny hands down.
11) Measure and scale: Check in Google Analytics what are the pins that are bringing more traffic and repin them more often. or check in Tailwind analytics.
12) One thing that i have find out it works really amazingly is to recreate every a couple of weeks more pins for old posts, that way you will get a lot of traffic to old posts. It work pretty well.
I believe this is a great way to get free traffic that is extremely qualified. In my case all my subscribers are from my niche and 65% from USA! awesome right!
Let me know what do you think about it.