My own admin kicked me out of my own FB group...

46 replies
I had hired someone a few months back to help manage an internet marketing group on Facebook (i wont name names, but he has a small following, and is an influencer) in return, he can use the group how he would like, he was very happy for the opportunity, I logged on today to find out he took away my admin rights, and kicked me OUT of my own FB group.

Ive had this group for a long time, and it has over 40k members, is there anything I can do besides message him? I feel like I was just robbed. Is this something that is allowed by facebook? If someone gives you admin rights, you can legit kick them out of the group and take over their group? I am confused and would like some advice!

Thank you guys!

MG
#admin #group #kicked
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author cbpayne
    Facebook are not going to get involved in these sorts of disputes as you made them an Admin and with that comes the rights to do what they did (I not saying that they should have).
    You should have made them a moderator and not an admin.


    Your only option is to find a way to convince them to give you back the admin rights.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11469278].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11469288].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mcherch
    So, i can do the same thing, convince people to let me help them with their FB groups, if I get admin, I can take over their group and kick them out? And theres nothing they can do about it? Thats amazing.
    Signature
    [B][U][/URL]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11469293].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cbpayne
      Originally Posted by Mcherch View Post

      So, i can do the same thing, convince people to let me help them with their FB groups, if I get admin, I can take over their group and kick them out? And theres nothing they can do about it? Thats amazing.
      No one is trolling you. You made a huge mistake giving them admin access. There is always a risk that what happened to you can happen. That is why you should only have given then mod access.

      The same happens on YouTube a lot too. If you are stupid enough to give a higher level of access to your YouTube account, then this can and does happen. YouTube will not help on this either as you give them the access.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11469306].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author techwizard
      Originally Posted by Mcherch View Post

      So, i can do the same thing, convince people to let me help them with their FB groups, if I get admin, I can take over their group and kick them out? And theres nothing they can do about it? Thats amazing.

      I don't think anyone will fall for that as you did.


      I'm sure you won't, but try to take it as a lesson and move forward.


      People usually give moderator permissions and not admin's if they own a "large" group as you stated.


      Again... Don't waste your time and move to the next step.


      Good luck!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11469440].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jeffery
    Originally Posted by Mcherch View Post

    I had hired someone a few months back to help manage an internet marketing group on Facebook (i wont name names, but he has a small following, and is an influencer) in return, he can use the group how he would like, he was very happy for the opportunity, I logged on today to find out he took away my admin rights, and kicked me OUT of my own FB group.

    Ive had this group for a long time, and it has over 40k members, is there anything I can do besides message him? I feel like I was just robbed. Is this something that is allowed by facebook? If someone gives you admin rights, you can legit kick them out of the group and take over their group? I am confused and would like some advice!

    Thank you guys!

    MG

    Why don't you ask Facebook? Seriously, ask Donald Trump or Mickey Mouse!

    Why would you ask anyone other than facebook?

    After all.. you are amazing.

    I do not believe a word you say.
    Signature
    A full Life Feels Good
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11469295].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mcherch
      I did ask Facebook, they did not give me a reply yet.

      Im sorry, did I offend you?

      Nor do I care if YOU believe me. I was just looking for some friendly advice, now I see, I cannot ask for any sort of advice without being trolled.
      Signature
      [B][U][/URL]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11469298].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jeffery
        Originally Posted by Mcherch View Post

        I did ask Facebook, they did not give me a reply yet.
        You did not say that in your original post, so I think you are making it up to cover your tracks and for that reason I still don't believe you.

        Originally Posted by Mcherch View Post

        Im sorry, did I offend you?
        No, not at all. You stated that you followed a path of ignorance. But that is not not relevant because I don't believe you.

        Originally Posted by Mcherch View Post

        Nor do I care if YOU believe me. I was just looking for some friendly advice, now I see, I cannot ask for any sort of advice without being trolled.
        Oh, I'm sorry if I offended your own admission to ignorance.

        Seriously, you gave someone admin rights to your business and do not consider that ignorant?

        Learn an important lesson?

        We all make mistakes and we try to learn from them, so we become less ignorant and avoid making the same mistake in the future.

        To call someone a troll just because they point out the truth is a show of ignorance.
        Signature
        A full Life Feels Good
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11469322].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Go4DBest
          Originally Posted by Jeffery View Post

          You did not say that in your original post, so I think you are making it up to cover your tracks and for that reason I still don't believe you.


          No, not at all. You stated that you followed a path of ignorance. But that is not not relevant because I don't believe you.


          Oh, I'm sorry if I offended your own admission to ignorance.

          Seriously, you gave someone admin rights to your business and do not consider that ignorant?

          Learn an important lesson?

          We all make mistakes and we try to learn from them, so we become less ignorant and avoid making the same mistake in the future.

          To call someone a troll just because they point out the truth is a show of ignorance.
          I think he just needs some advice and he was very frustrated. Let's at least be a little considerate. I don't understand your intentions here. In fact, you are not helping at all.
          Signature
          We are creating tshirt designs for only 5 USD with the png format ready for TeeSpring.

          We create responsive wordpress sites for only 50 USD.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11475606].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Emmanuel Asika
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11469311].message }}
  • Well, unfortunately, you can not do anything now. Even Facebook will not get involved in such an activity as Facebook is not responsible for any such kind of dispute.

    All you can do now is just message him to assign you back with the admin rights and pray for his positive reply.

    Remember this for future that "Never Ever" provide admin rights to anyone, rather you can give moderator or editor rights.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11469435].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Saksham Garg
    It is a case of dispute and I'm afraid to say that no one can help you out with this one, not even Facebook.

    You can make personal requests to that person to make you admin again, and by God's grace, if he does that, the first thing you do is remove him from admin and give him any other role like editor or moderator (if you want him to continue with the group).

    That's all you can do now!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11469437].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dramaticanybody
    Very Bad

    but you are was admin
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11469451].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mcherch
    Admins can remove other Admins as Admin? I thought only the founder can do that
    Signature
    [B][U][/URL]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11469464].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mrdeleted
      Originally Posted by Mcherch View Post

      Admins can remove other Admins as Admin? I thought only the founder can do that
      YES! Anyone with admin access has FULL ACCESS to the settings. You do not have to be a "founder" to admin a page or group.
      Signature

      The Slabaugh Family: Slabaugh.org
      800-266-2728 Comcast Authorized Retailer

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11469600].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Deepak Chauhan
    I know how it feels.
    2 - 3 months back, I lost my Adsense monetized youtube channel with 140k subscribers, for the same reason, giving access to someone else, and this channel was generating revenue.
    Youtube didn't even care, even though I was able to chat directly with them cause I had 100k+ subscribers.
    I tried everything I can from my side but I failed to get it back.
    I was stupid in this case so I learned a lesson and moved on.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11469559].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mrdeleted
      Originally Posted by Deepak Chauhan View Post

      I know how it feels.
      2 - 3 months back, I lost my Adsense monetized youtube channel with 140k subscribers, for the same reason, giving access to someone else, and this channel was generating revenue.
      Youtube didn't even care, even though I was able to chat directly with them cause I had 100k+ subscribers.
      I tried everything I can from my side but I failed to get it back.
      I was stupid in this case so I learned a lesson and moved on.
      My mrdeleted channel has 5300 subs and at one time I was able to talk to them too when I was originally a Partner. I have over 7 million views on there.
      Signature

      The Slabaugh Family: Slabaugh.org
      800-266-2728 Comcast Authorized Retailer

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11469608].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sheddyk
    You don't have to waste your time is gone. Keep that as a lesson and never get your ass nailed by anyone. TRUST NOBODY
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11469596].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mrdeleted
    Originally Posted by Mcherch View Post

    I had hired someone a few months back to help manage an internet marketing group on Facebook (i wont name names, but he has a small following, and is an influencer) in return, he can use the group how he would like, he was very happy for the opportunity, I logged on today to find out he took away my admin rights, and kicked me OUT of my own FB group.

    Ive had this group for a long time, and it has over 40k members, is there anything I can do besides message him? I feel like I was just robbed. Is this something that is allowed by facebook? If someone gives you admin rights, you can legit kick them out of the group and take over their group? I am confused and would like some advice!

    Thank you guys!

    MG
    First, I feel your pain. I have a group that has 80K members in an Amish cooking group. A few years ago I set a few people up as admins and it was understood NOT to make any changes to the settings, as at the time I could not set up Moderators on those groups, just admins. Then it was decided by someone to make it "private" instead of public, and then my sister cut it off completely with the Secret setting. I now never give anyone outside of my own family (accounts I control) admin access.

    EDIT: FB just recently allowed the mod access and allowed me to edit it back to private, the highest setting I am now allowed to set it to since I have so many members. For a long time, the rule was that any group with over 5000 members could only go more private, not more public. As I had 89,000+ members when she made it secret, and I ended up losing 10000 members before I was allowed to reverse it to the middle settings, they would not allow me to do anything, I was just in a holding pattern for a long time... Finally I saw last month that the settings allowed me to change it to that middle setting and now I have grown around 1000 members since.

    My suggestion: Start a new group and invite your people to re-join. Or if you think you can get him to give you access back, then do so.
    Signature

    The Slabaugh Family: Slabaugh.org
    800-266-2728 Comcast Authorized Retailer

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11469597].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Frank Donovan
      Originally Posted by mrdeleted View Post

      I have a group that has 80K members in an Amish cooking group.
      Wow. Just shows how many weird and wonderful niches there are out there.


      I wonder what an Amish tastes like.
      .
      Signature
      TOP TIP: To browse the forum like a Pro, select "View Classic" from the drop-down menu under your user name.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11469599].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mcherch
    Wow guys, who knew there were so many stories. Thank you guys for sharing...

    YES, definately lesson learned, and never again will I trust any "guru" internet marketer.

    He is a pretty well known content creator, I told him today that he was wrong for stealing the group from me, he proceeded to tell me "Now I'm gunna delete the !@#$$ group", Theres no chance he will give it back now.

    But I will warn people about him, like I said, he is pretty well known in the IM world, i wont name names here, i'll probably get banned for doing so. But people should know how dishonest he is and a thief.

    MG

    P.S. great domain name! (amish.xyz)
    Signature
    [B][U][/URL]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11469636].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mrdeleted
      Originally Posted by Mcherch View Post


      P.S. great domain name! (amish.xyz)
      I have about 200 names, but amish.co and amish.xyz are a couple of my best.

      Wish you had not gone through this, but you can learn and get a new group started.
      Signature

      The Slabaugh Family: Slabaugh.org
      800-266-2728 Comcast Authorized Retailer

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11469649].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author azaleaspirit
    There's nothing you can do. You have to move on.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11469637].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheKing
    Try to convince him and if he still does not make you admin then make a post in group and let everyone knows what he did with you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11469770].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mrdeleted
      Originally Posted by TheKing View Post

      make a post in group and let everyone knows what he did with you.
      I see you did not read the part where he is NOT IN HIS OWN GROUP anymore. He would have to get back in (ie the current admin would have to abandon it, and then another member could take it over, but that would not be the OP as he is not a member at this time.
      Signature

      The Slabaugh Family: Slabaugh.org
      800-266-2728 Comcast Authorized Retailer

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11469783].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mrdeleted
    Note: I have taken over a couple of abandoned groups in the past, where the admin left their own group, and there was none set up, and then I was able as a member of said group to assume admin responsibilities. I then approved all the members that were waiting in the membership request list and could change the settings etc. So if there is any hope for this OP, he would have to have a friend who is still a member, and once the admin abandons the group, he could go in and claim admin status, and then give it back to the founder. Is that possible? Yes, but only if it is abandoned, by the guy that was set as the admin.
    Signature

    The Slabaugh Family: Slabaugh.org
    800-266-2728 Comcast Authorized Retailer

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11469789].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sagar Rathod
    Nope, their is nothing you can do now, you should have think before what may happen if i do this??
    Before doing anything, just have list of what can good things happen and what bad can happen, and have solutions before taking any steps. Now no use of this advice, but just don't waste time thinking about it. I know it's hard but there is nothing you can do about it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11470270].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Raxiner
    Hi unfortunately there's nothing you can do.

    Facebook tells clearly that when you give admin access you are letting this person has the same control as you, this means he can kick you out without a problem. Facebook will think that's a personal issue and according you boths have the same admin access won't do nothing.

    Try to convince him, maybe it was a mistake or wants money to give it back.

    Next time, if you are going to give admin access procure give it to someone more trustable, if not just give an editor access.

    Good luck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11470278].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author davidlee210
    There is nothing you can do. You shouldn't have given him admin access in the first place. You can try to convince him.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11470624].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mcherch
    The "Thief" has since deleted my group of 40k members, I tried to approach him, asked him why I was kicked out of my own group, he did not reply. I waited a few days and asked him again, he then proceeded to tell me that he was going to "delete the F*&^%ing group" because I told him he was wrong for kicking me out, I have never done anything for this person to treat me like this.. and I did trust him to a certain degree, I followed him in the Internet Marketing world and had some admiration for him, since he is a product creator.

    I had approached him while back and asked if he would like to help me prune my IM fb group, weed out the spammers, help get more engagement... etc... he happily agreed to help me, i said in turn, he could use the Pin posts section, and advertise his own products in the group, i told him he could ask a few other people to help him also if he wanted to, and as soon as I had more time (i run multiple online businesses) in 2 months or so, he wouldnt have to prune anymore, I was planning on launching another product in the IM niche, and use my group as a spring board.

    When it came time to do that, i found out that the person that I asked to help me, had kicked me and banned me from my own group, for no reason... But I bet he got plenty of exposure for his products from pinning the posts and basically having free reign.

    Yes, I am the fool for giving him admin, but I really looked up to the guy, and though we were on the same page. Turns out some of these marketing gurus are just thieves. And will step on anything and anyone to get what they want.
    Signature
    [B][U][/URL]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11470922].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mrdeleted
      Originally Posted by Mcherch View Post

      The "Thief" has since deleted my group of 40k members,
      You know, I don't believe he actually did. You know why? Because Facebook actually does not give anyone that option.

      https://prnt.sc/m4ra76
      http://prntscr.com/m4rbbx

      that's all he can do - make it secret so it won't grow anymore, or archive it.

      As I said, if he leaves the group and abandons it, and you have a friend from the group, see if they are still a member of that group. They could possibly take over admin access if he left the group.
      Signature

      The Slabaugh Family: Slabaugh.org
      800-266-2728 Comcast Authorized Retailer

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11470973].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mcherch
        You know, I don't believe he actually did. You know why? Because Facebook actually does not give anyone that option.
        Dude,

        I assure you, I do not have time make up stories. I simply just wanted a few opinions from other respectful fellow IM'ers, and if your opinion is that you dont believe me, then that's fine, but I'm just letting you know that I certainly do not waste my time making up things for kicks.

        If all he can do is make it secret, then I should have no problem telling facebook that the group glitched and accidentally kicked me out, then they should restore me right?

        I do not believe a word you say.
        If 98% of the people on this thread are telling me that he kicked me out and there nothing I can do, are you saying that you dont believe them as well?
        Signature
        [B][U][/URL]
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11471196].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Jeffery
          Originally Posted by Mcherch View Post

          If 98% of the people on this thread are telling me that he kicked me out and there nothing I can do, are you saying that you dont believe them as well?

          The people are saying that because you say the admin kicked you out.
          They only know what you tell them. They believe you.
          I don't believe you.
          Signature
          A full Life Feels Good
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11471202].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Jeffery
          Originally Posted by Mcherch View Post

          Dude,

          I assure you, I do not have time make up stories. I simply just wanted a few opinions from other respectful fellow IM'ers, and if your opinion is that you dont believe me, then that's fine, but I'm just letting you know that I certainly do not waste my time making up things for kicks.

          If all he can do is make it secret, then I should have no problem telling facebook that the group glitched and accidentally kicked me out, then they should restore me right?


          If 98% of the people on this thread are telling me that he kicked me out and there nothing I can do, are you saying that you dont believe them as well?

          BTW, Learn how to use the multiquote feature to include the name of the person you are quoting. When you use it the right way it helps us help you
          And you may want to learn how to make a signature.
          Signature
          A full Life Feels Good
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11471204].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Mcherch
            Is making a signature relevant to issue we are speaking about?

            And no, it's not because they believe me, they are literally telling there is nothing i can do, it has nothing to do with them believing me, they are stating a fact, that there is nothing I can do.

            So, your saying the people responding to my thread have no idea what they are talking about? And they are gullible because they are giving me advice in response to my made-up story?

            Why did you even respond to this thread?
            Do you troll everyone's posts?
            Signature
            [B][U][/URL]
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11471239].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Jeffery
              Originally Posted by Mcherch View Post

              Is making a signature relevant to issue we are speaking about?

              And no, it's not because they believe me, they are literally telling there is nothing i can do, it has nothing to do with them believing me, they are stating a fact, that there is nothing I can do.

              So, your saying the people responding to my thread have no idea what they are talking about? And they are gullible because they are giving me advice in response to my made-up story?

              Why did you even respond to this thread?
              Do you troll everyone's posts?

              Because I do not believe a word you say. First, you have a story that that cannot be validated. Second, you can't even make a signature that validates you in any way shape or form. As far as trolling is concerned, No one is trolling you, I have not been responding to this thread to give you a chance to validate yourself. You are welcome.


              You talk the talk. You do not walk the walk.
              Signature
              A full Life Feels Good
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11471249].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Mcherch
                So, unless I provide you with proof, logs of my conversation,
                witnesses, f--- notary seal, and a great signature, i must be lying.

                Definition of Trolling:

                "In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages"

                Everyone, make sure you can prove your story first before posting. Jeffery will make sure to tell you he does not believe you.

                Do you do this to everyone who comes to this forum looking for advice after something really messed up happens to them?
                Do you tell them they are lying because they cannot prove it?

                Tell me, what purpose would it serve for me to make something like this up? I am still baffled by this.
                Signature
                [B][U][/URL]
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11471294].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Jeffery
                  Originally Posted by Mcherch View Post

                  So, unless I provide you with proof, logs of my conversation,
                  witnesses, f--- notary seal, and a great signature, i must be lying.

                  Definition of Trolling:

                  "In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages"

                  Everyone, make sure you can prove your story first before posting. Jeffery will make sure to tell you he does not believe you.

                  Do you do this to everyone who comes to this forum looking for advice after something really messed up happens to them?
                  Do you tell them they are lying because they cannot prove it?

                  Tell me, what purpose would it serve for me to make something like this up? I am still baffled by this.

                  According to you I stand not guilty.


                  What purpose? Attention.
                  Signature
                  A full Life Feels Good
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11471314].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author mrdeleted
          Originally Posted by Mcherch View Post

          Dude,

          I assure you, I do not have time make up stories.
          I never said you did. I am saying that there is no option for actually deleting a group. You can archive or abandon groups. You can NOT "delete" them. Abandon is when as an Admin you leave said group. It no longer has anyone to take care of the groups' settings. Facebook, however, has set up this thing that allows you as a member of any group that is abandoned to step up and reclaim the role.

          https://www.facebook.com/groups/LargeFamilyMeals/

          Large Family meals. I was a member before it was abandoned. I took over. Only has 91 members, but it is in line with my cookbook business so I can grow it if I want, or leave it as is for it to grow on its own. But there are others. Few hundred or so members. I have also abandoned groups that I no longer wanted to mess with. If no one is a member, then it is in the abyss, and no one will run it anymore.

          I get the people's comments to forget it, I really do, but I also know how groups work as I have spent the last half decade or more running them.
          Signature

          The Slabaugh Family: Slabaugh.org
          800-266-2728 Comcast Authorized Retailer

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11471445].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mrdeleted
      Originally Posted by Mcherch View Post

      Turns out some of these marketing gurus are just thieves.
      I used to work for Keith Wellman. I am sure many here remember him? I was his customer service manager. He never did anything to hurt anyone that I am aware of, but he also was at the wrong end of this reputation that these types of gurus create. It just made my job so much harder having to deal with folks who thought that all IM gurus were bad. But it is because of this one and people like him that we have to deal with stuff like I dealt with.
      Signature

      The Slabaugh Family: Slabaugh.org
      800-266-2728 Comcast Authorized Retailer

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11470977].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mcherch
        Not saying they are all bad, but there is a certain amount frontage that is shown to the public. Some are more selfish than others. Not all, but I am just telling my own personal story with one particular person. It's not to say most gurus have helped alot of people, and are successful. Some... step on others to get to the top
        Signature
        [B][U][/URL]
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11471247].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanbiddulph
    I would start a new group and let the old one go. Plus I would only give admin rights to folks I trusted implicitly. That is me though; I am big on releasing.
    Signature
    Ryan Biddulph, Blogger, Author, World Traveling Digital Nomad
    If you want to become a full time blogger you can buy my eBook here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11471201].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mcherch
      I agree Ryan,

      I will most likely do that.
      And hire my personal VA's to moderate it. No more hiring of Guru's.

      In fact, I don't think i'd need to give admin rights, moderator maybe?
      Signature
      [B][U][/URL]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11471242].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author mrdeleted
        Originally Posted by Mcherch View Post

        I agree Ryan,

        I will most likely do that.
        And hire my personal VA's to moderate it. No more hiring of Guru's.

        In fact, I don't think I'd need to give admin rights, moderator maybe?
        I now DO have a maybe 3 mods or so on my groups, and the "admin" setting is ONLY RESERVED to be used for backup access to accounts like my underage kid's accounts or accounts that I personally control. That way in case of my personal account going down, I do not lose access to my business. It is just common business sense.

        But if there is at all any hope of regaining the old group, start with a close friend whom you know was a member of your group. That's all I am saying. Trust me I lost access to my Amish recipes group once after it first started growing from some random attack, but I was able to regain access because I made the fortunate decision to make my daughter an admin. I was able to strip the rights of all the former Admins and then set myself back up. Again, common sense.

        I don't know if your story is to be "believed" or not, but I really don't care, I am just sharing my opinion and knowledge. I was a youtube partner with over at least 7.5 million views and then I started the cooking group and published the cookbook and now I have that on Amazon. I put the picture of Mom on the cover. Through that, I gained some knowledge of social media. Things change in the settings for these social media site, so you have to adapt. But this is valuable knowledge that I use for my business.
        Signature

        The Slabaugh Family: Slabaugh.org
        800-266-2728 Comcast Authorized Retailer

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11471428].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chuckholmes
    Sorry to hear about your issue with your Facebook group. I would consider it a painful learning mistake and move forward. Start a new group and never repeat that same mistake again.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11471251].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Highest And Best
    It's a bummer and it really sucks, but move on.


    It's like someone convincing you to sign over the deed to your house, or to sign a power of attorney. You unfortunately handed over the rights to your group, and you handed over the rights to remove you from your group. When you see it in this light, it only makes sense that Facebook won't get involved. After all, they have no way of knowing you did not give it away or trade your group for something else.



    Learn your lesson and move on. At least you know how to build a fb group, so you can do it again - even better. You will become stronger and better as a result of this.
    Signature
    Don't let Internet Marketing overwhelm you... let's take the journey together! Build Money Machines!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11471397].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics