1. In Ads Manager, it appears I have three accounts. I must have created them not knowing what I was doing, but here are there statuses:
- Personal Account (megaphone icon): *Your ad account has been flagged for policy violations. Any ads you're running have been turned off. If you believe this is a mistake, please contact us.* (When I hit 'Contact Us' I get a "Could not process your request")
- Account 1 under my name (suitcase icon): Appears to be ready to create and run ads
- Account 2 under my name (suitcase icon): *Your ad account has recently been flagged because of unusual activity. For security reasons, any ads you're running will be paused until you can confirm your account information.* (When I hit 'Contact Us' I get a form but under 'Select Disabled Ad Account' it only says "No Advertising Account" in the dropdown and I am unable to submit the form.
2. Is my whole account disabled, like I'm banned from buying ads on Facebook forever? Or, because one of the accounts appears to be working, am I okay using that to buy ads (or will they immediately disable that account for trying to circumvent the other disabled accounts?)
3. What would I do in the case that I manage ads for various clients? I was looking to get started managing ads for local businesses, but would Facebook make that impossible?
I'm not sure why my accounts would have been disabled other than inactivity. A while back, I took a Facebook tutorial and set up a web page like "Christmas gifts for geeks" and bought FB ads that pointed to a page full of items and descriptions, all pretty innocent like gadgets. I've also helped a friend's Pilates studio a couple years ago and those ads ran fine with no issues.
Last year, when I noticed my account was disabled, I submitted the form to appeal the decision, but the response was that there were repeated violations (which doesn't make sense since I've barely used the account)