The writer here says that LinkedIn dominates the job-seeking side of social, Twitter the more casual business aspects, and Facebook seeks to connect friends and family. Now, ChekMarc is targeting individuals looking to upskill and progress in their careers or learn more about personal hobbies. The new platform has already negotiated a $3 million seed fund and is available worldwide in 35 different languages. So, what is ChekMarc?
The author says ChekMarc is LinkedIn combined with Facebook and The Open University. It professes to:
|"Build impactful connections that unite humanity."|
Explorers are people looking for career or personal guidance. If someone within the community wants to, they can reach out and connect. When looking for guidance and assistance, Explorers must complete a form that specifies:
- What topic they are exploring.
- The category their question falls under.
- The time-frame they are hoping to receive an answer.
- The option to add a hashtag or offer additional information.
- The choice to include an image or video.
- Any specific Catalysts they want to invite to the post.
Catalysts have knowledge and experience they wish to share. They can search for requests from users and respond. Categories include:
- Social Causes
- Home/Real Estate
- Personal Matters