A new report from LinkedIn shows that the number of remote jobs for US-based marketers is growing. Remote roles for digital marketing specialists and copywriters grew in demand over the past 6 months as companies became more comfortable with work-from-home teams.
- 'SEO specialist' is among the top 5 marketing jobs highest in demand for remote positions.
- As of May 20th, the percentage of paid job postings on LinkedIn that offered "remote work" had risen by 457% compared to one year earlier.
- For marketing roles, the amount of remote job listings increased by 177% in the last 6 months.
And that's not all. LinkedIn's report goes on to list the top 10 marketing job titles that are growing in demand from a remote working standpoint:
- Digital Marketing Specialist
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Search Engine Optimization Specialist
- Content Writer
- Social Media Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Media Buyer
- Social Media Marketing Specialist
- Account Manager
Interestingly, the rise in remote work has led to a shortage of marketing professionals to fill office positions. LinkedIn's report also lists where the demand for in-person talent is strongest right now:
- New York City Metropolitan Area
- San Francisco Bay Area
- Los Angeles Metropolitan Area
- Greater Chicago Area
- Greater Boston
It seems that the drive to live outside major urban areas in the wake of the COVID-19 epidemic is continuing to influence the employment market significantly, even as vaccine coverage increases. This is the third in a series of four installments that explores LinkedIn's new report, "The Changing Marketing Jobs Landscape." Information is sourced from LinkedIn internal data - based on total NAMER jobs in the marketing function listed on LinkedIn from March 30, 2020 to September 29, 2020 compared to September 30, 2020 to March 30, 2021.