The author here says it can be challenging to make friends when you're new on a social media platform, especially when that platform is Snapchat. Compared to Instagram and Facebook, where you can search for friends using tags, keywords, and phrases, Snapchat is an outlier. So, is it still possible to easily find friends (old and new) on Snapchat to follow? The answer is, we're told, is yes.
Why Is Snapchat Important?
A huge five million snaps are posted every day, on average. That number becomes a little less surprising when you consider that over 75% of 13-34 year-olds in the U.S. use Snapchat. As of 2021, Snapchat was the most popular social media platform for teenagers. Businesses have also been flocking to Snapchat, following the path of Generation Z.
Getting Snapchat Friends Isn't Hard. While it may not be what you're used to, finding friends on Snapchat is easy. Not only are there a variety of ways to find your current friends but new ones, as well. Snapchat recently reported an overall increase in teenagers watching videos on electronic devices - there are many users glued to their phones just waiting to be your Snapchat friend.
- Add Friends by Using Snapcodes: Snapcodes are similar to QR codes. All you need to do is scan them, and you're good to go. Follow the steps below to use Snapcodes to add new Snapchat friends.
- Promote Your Own Snapcode: There's no need to stick solely to your list of personal friends when building your Snapchat. Even if you're new to Snapchat, you've likely had other social media accounts before. Maybe even a few. It's time to leverage the people you've already reached out to. Letting others know about your personal Snapcode can be a fantastic way to make more Snapchat friends. Let others come to you. Here's how to do that.
- Quick Add and Snap Stars: Quick Add is a Snapchat feature that gives you friend suggestion recommendations based on your contacts and friends list. Snap Stars, on the other hand, allows you to check out some of the most popular Snapchats you can subscribe to.
- Search by Your Friend's Name: This method works even if you don't know your friend's exact username. With Snapchat, it's safe enough to take a guess - you never know who may pop up.
- Add by Phone Number: Can't quite remember how your friend spells their full name, but you have their phone number? Swipe down from the middle of your screen. Type and search for your friend's phone number.