The hashtag #Summer2020 gained 10.8 billion views last year, and there are expectations from TikTok for even more in 2021. Many brands have already introduced this platform into their social media strategies, and others will no doubt be considering it. To help brands do that, TikTok has just released some best practices.
Holiday shopping research by TikTok indicates that 74% of TikTok users 'come to be entertained.' The social platform recommends that you achieve this by engaging with both creators and the community through trending hashtags, make use of TikTok ads, and level these up with in-app effects. If the tools are there, businesses should definitely make the most of them. The platform saw the following best practices improve impressions:
- Video Resolution Of At Least 720P: 83.19% of the platform's top-performing videos have a minimum of this resolution. Having this as a benchmark means that you could increase impressions by 5.39%.
- Vertical Aspect Ratio: Of the top-performing videos on TikTok, 82.13% of them utilized a vertical aspect ratio. The platform observed a 40.08% rise in impressions compared to videos with horizontal or square ratios.
- Use Of Audio: 93.02% of the highest-performing videos on TikTok used audio, which led to a 16.05% increase in impressions.
- 9:16 Aspect Ratio: 98.63% of the highest performing videos had this aspect ratio, which saw a 60.45% lift in impressions.
- Feature An Offer Of Some Sort: Although only 3.21% of TikTok's highest performing videos showed somebody highlighting an offer of some kind, these saw impressions rise by 67.4%.
- Include Scene Variations: 99.29% of the best performing videos published on TikTok made use of different angles and shots and saw a 40.56% lift in impressions.
- Don't Forget The Closed Captioning: Not only does this help make your videos more accessible, but it can also increase impressions by 55.68%.