Here is exactly what I did:
1. First I picked a niche to go after. The one I decided to go after was Labradors because there wasn't really a lot of Facebook pages that were really good that specifically talked about Labrador retrievers so I created a page that I called "I love labradors"
2. I went on Fiverr and had someone design a Facebook cover for me and. He did a really good job - I just said "create a cover photo for me with cute pictures of different colors of labs" and that was pretty much it. My Facebook cover photo is better than any other on any other page that I could see.
3. So after I got the cover photo created, I posted about six pictures of labs that I could find from Pinterest. And for each photo I put things like "like me if I'm cute" or "isn't this lab adorable?!" and then I just posted them so my page about five or six different posts.
4. Then, I created two different ads with two different pictures. The Facebook page is about labradors so I took two pictures with two different lab puppies that were really cute and they weren't hard to find because labs are super cute anyways. For my ad I put a red square around the Facebook ad, so it was very faint line but it stood out on Facebook's white background.
5. I put $100 maximum on the ads and then just let the ads run. Within about seven days I had about 1000 maybe 1400 fans. The ads were running on cost per thousand and not click because I think I got a lot more fans for a lot more money.
6. Now here is the most important part of the strategy. What I did was I scheduled four posts a day for the entire month of October. Facebook makes it really easy to do this so because of their scheduling capabilities, so it took me about two hours to put in four posts a day in. After I spent two hours the rest of the month of October was taking care of. This part is really important so pay attention to this: I schedule the posts for 8 AM, 11 AM, 2 PM, and 5 PM. Now these are Eastern standard time so keep that in mind.
Attached to this thread is one post that got over 5,700 Shares (That's more fans than I had at the time!)
7. Now after the ads stopped running my "likes" went down for a little bit so I was getting about 17 to 40 likes per day. Then all of a sudden out of nowhere I started getting about 1000 - 2000 likes per day. I had thousands of likes per photo, I had hundreds of shares and hundreds of comments on almost every photo that I posted. It was incredible. I didn't post any affiliate links, or ads to monetize anything (which I think is important), and I responded to a few messages, and I only went out and did about 30 or 40 wall jacking likes (which is where you go to other pages about labs and like other people's comments.)
Now, I'm pretty sure I didn't miss anything. That's exactly what I did. I've had about 100 new Likes
It's in the process of writing this short post!
So for those of you trying to get new likes to your Facebook page, it's possible. For a local market it may be a little more difficult to do, but if you pick the right images and you post at the right times then you shouldn't have any problem.
If you have any particular questions please let me know I'd be happy to help any of you do the exact same thing that I did.