How to use @tagging on facebook the right way

6 replies
Hey guys
this post is about how to use @tagging on facebook properly

Here are Some of the advantages of @Tagging:
Include exposure on other pages, increase credibility / authenticity
and cross promotion.

To @tag, go to the status bar on your page/fan page and type in the @ symbol followed by the [person/name of the fanpage you want to tag].
You can tag any other fan page on Facebook,but to tag a person, or personal profile, it must be done from your personal profile.
Your comment will show at the top of their page and in the notifications, and their fans can click your page name and go directly to your fan page.

Few things you MUST NOT DO:
  • Never tag spam or tag an irrelevant page. only @tag pages that are relevant to your market.
  • Do not tag multiple pages at the same time in one post. This can lead to your being banned from pages and is considered spam.
  • Do not mention sales or promotions. This can also lead to your being banned and may be considered as spam.

How To find relevant pages in your market ?


Search Google using keywords that are relevant to your niche/market followed by the word Facebook.
You can also find relevant fan pages using Facebook search, just type the keyword in the search bar.

Go to the bottom of the search results window and choose see more results, then choose pages from the menu on the left side of the screen.

You can get very specific and targeted with those methods.


After finding some relevant pages on google and on facebook, find their owners and start communicating with them.
This will help you to build a cross promotion relationship with them.


how To find the fan page owner?
click on the “About” section.
Once you find the owner, you can friend them or send them a message.
Make sure you actually check out their page and product to ensure that it is relevant to your niche/market.
(keep in mind that some some pages, particularly big brands,
will not have the owner(s) listed).


Tip: You can also @tag your audience. You can tag individuals from yourfan page if they have commented on your post. This is a best way tokeep the conversation going between you and your fans, and increasethe exposure of your post.
[ use this tip to increase your "EDGE RANK"]

Push the "Thanks" button if you find this thread informative


originally posted by "me" on my blog.
#@tagging #facebook
  • Profile picture of the author dengkane
    Thanks for sharing, I am looking for guides about using Facebook, nice article.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7221478].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author arsen buya
      Originally Posted by dengkane View Post

      Thanks for sharing, I am looking for guides about using Facebook, nice article.
      you can check out my other thread..its about the "edge rank" on facebook
      http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...r-benefit.html
      Signature
      I am ready to help 3 more people make their fortune on
      the internet.
      PM me and I'll be happy to share HOW!
      For more Social Media and Blogging tips visit
      [My Blog]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7221609].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Manie Amari
    Originally Posted by arsen buya View Post

    Your comment will show at the top of their page and in the notifications.
    In regards to the former, it actually doesn't show on their page. It shows up in the recent posted section to the right.

    Originally Posted by arsen buya View Post

    Do not tag multiple pages at the same time in one post. This can lead to your being banned from pages and is considered spam..
    No it doens't! And yes I do it all the time to give my page exposure. If you do a collab with another page then it is ok to tag multiple pages at the same time.

    Originally Posted by arsen buya View Post

    Do not mention sales or promotions. This can also lead to your being banned and may be considered as spam..
    Agreed! It's not effective anyway. All you gotta do is use a cloaked affiliate link.



    Originally Posted by arsen buya View Post

    How To find relevant pages in your market ?

    Or you could use the Facebook Page Directory to find them


    Originally Posted by arsen buya View Post

    how To find the fan page owner?
    click on the "About" section.
    Once you find the owner, you can friend them or send them a message.
    Make sure you actually check out their page and product to ensure that it is relevant to your niche/market.
    (keep in mind that some some pages, particularly big brands,
    will not have the owner(s) listed).
    Or you could just send a message to the page using the message button. As the page owner receives these messages anyway.
    Signature

    This will NOT be up for long. Get it now whilst You still can. Btw it's FREE...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7221746].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author arsen buya
    Thank you for your insights Manie Amari
    Signature
    I am ready to help 3 more people make their fortune on
    the internet.
    PM me and I'll be happy to share HOW!
    For more Social Media and Blogging tips visit
    [My Blog]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7221828].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GeneralJah
    I've tried @tagging a few pages from my page and I have yet to get a single one of my updates to show on their timeline.

    Are you sure this hasn't changed?

    Any idea why my mentions of their page wouldn't show?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7281414].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author arsen buya
      Originally Posted by GeneralJah View Post

      I've tried @tagging a few pages from my page and I have yet to get a single one of my updates to show on their timeline.

      Are you sure this hasn't changed?

      Any idea why my mentions of their page wouldn't show?
      You are right...Facebook made some changes and now that strategy is not working ... but the strange thing is that not all the users are effected by those changes...
      I use this strategy every single day and some of my clients said the same thing as you did...

      I found an article that explains what to do if it is not working for you...
      How to Tag Other Pages on Your Facebook Business Page (Timeline)
      Signature
      I am ready to help 3 more people make their fortune on
      the internet.
      PM me and I'll be happy to share HOW!
      For more Social Media and Blogging tips visit
      [My Blog]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7300061].message }}

Trending Topics