Anybody Tried Getting Traffic From Twitter? How Has It Worked For You?

47 replies
Hey everybody, I'm doing some research on Twitter Marketing and would appreciate if you could share more on your experience.

1. If you've tried Twitter Marketing, how has it been for you generally?

2. If you have a huge list of Twitter followers, did you manage to convert them into your subscribers/sales/loyal customer?

3. What is the biggest difficulty you faced when you tried to do Twitter Marketing?

Thanks!
#traffic #twitter #twitter marketing #worked
  • Profile picture of the author GSX
    Hey there! I use twitter to generate traffic but the sites I use it for are entertainment and informational blogs - nothing related to IM, business or the like. It works extremely well, I usually get a couple hundred visitors a day from tweets and retweets alone. The key is finding a bunch of targeted followers (I use tweet adder) and scheduling out lots and lots of great content and tweets (I use stumbleupon to find the content and schedule it out with Hootsuite)

    Make sure you respond and interact with people - after not very long people will be retweeting your content you put up that is related to your niche, pop in 1 link here and there to your own site and ensure your profile links back, you'll be surprised how quickly you can get lots of targeted followers and return visitors hitting your site.

    What type of niche are you thinking though?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7246380].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Q Estherr
      Hey GSX,

      Thanks for sharing, good to hear you're generating good results!

      I'm not thinking of any niche in particular but yeah Tweetadder is super powerful and just runs on automation, love it!

      What's the biggest difficulty you face when you use Twitter as a marketing tool, if there's any?
      Signature
      Need to close more deals? Got 64 minutes?
      > Click here for deal closing secrets.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7246402].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author GSX
        Originally Posted by Esther Koh View Post

        Hey GSX,

        Thanks for sharing, good to hear you're generating good results!

        I'm not thinking of any niche in particular but yeah Tweetadder is super powerful and just runs on automation, love it!

        What's the biggest difficulty you face when you use Twitter as a marketing tool, if there's any?
        Biggest difficulty is patience. Tweet adder is powerful, sharing engaging content is easy, but building it up takes time and patience, no way to really "speed it up"

        For example running tweet adder 24/7 like I do usually nets about 20-40 new followers a day, while that may seem like a lot, not all of them will retweet you, not all will be interested. I started to notice real boost in traffic once I got over 2k followers (and mind you these are people DIRECTLY interested in my niche, no paid for follower robots) so I see multiple retweets on every tweet.

        Best way I've combatted this is started multiple accounts running constantly and building up following for multiple different websites. But yes, patience and persistence is key.

        The real power is finding recurring visitors to visit your sites. I've noticed that I get a steady flow of returning visitors now, those are the people who will market for me and the type of traffic I want for the blogs, so it's working, just takes a looong time.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7246439].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WeavingThoughts
    Unless you have many followers, twitter can't help you that much. With followers yes of course.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7246406].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ProAffiliate01
      Real followers is the key-not fake ones. I haven't yet sorted my followers by keywords yet but plan to when I have the time.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7268795].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author semaximizer
    A few things I've learned and that have helped:

    1. Use #hashtags, I know that my tweets with links using certain hashtags get more clicks than those that don't. Using hashtags you're able to reach beyond just your regular followers.

    2. This is difficult to do and sometimes rare to spot the opportunities but search for keywords related to your niche/industry and see if there are people asking for any questions/advice/suggestions and then respond to them - will build goodwill

    3. Tweet often enough - have seen people just tweeting once a month, that's not often enough especially given that twitter is more of a conversational/quick link sharing social networking platform
    Signature
    Directory Maximizer - Kick-start your link building with some quality directory links.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7246542].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jaiganeshv
    So much of bots and fake profiles just meant to share links created me a bad experience in finding real people related to my niche in twitter

    As far as traffic is concerned i saw less to no results....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7246626].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author GSX
      Originally Posted by jaiganeshv View Post

      So much of bots and fake profiles just meant to share links created me a bad experience in finding real people related to my niche in twitter

      As far as traffic is concerned i saw less to no results....
      You really have to stick with it and be consistent - there are lots of fake bots and profiles, but the method I mentioned above is how you can find real people in any niche - but again, patience is key.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7246656].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jaiganeshv
        Originally Posted by GSX View Post

        You really have to stick with it and be consistent - there are lots of fake bots and profiles, but the method I mentioned above is how you can find real people in any niche - but again, patience is key.
        Yes the goal is NOT to win traffic from twitter, there should be a profitable ROI... Patience is the key when only the returns are worth waiting for...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7246670].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Q Estherr
      Originally Posted by jaiganeshv View Post

      So much of bots and fake profiles just meant to share links created me a bad experience in finding real people related to my niche in twitter

      As far as traffic is concerned i saw less to no results....
      Could it have something to do with the keywords you choose when you select people to follow? E.g. If I were to follow people in the pets niche, I wouldn't select broad keywords like 'dogs, cats'. I might think of phrases people often use when they have pets like 'my cavalier is...' or 'wagging his tail...'.
      Signature
      Need to close more deals? Got 64 minutes?
      > Click here for deal closing secrets.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7247011].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author STLSEO
      Originally Posted by jaiganeshv View Post

      So much of bots and fake profiles just meant to share links created me a bad experience in finding real people related to my niche in twitter

      As far as traffic is concerned i saw less to no results....
      I thought the same thing when I first started using twitter. It's gotten much better though. I report spam every time I get a suspicious follow (porn spam in particular).

      However, hashtags are crucial to use when trying to acquire more traffic. You can reach the right people. Try to use trending hashtags if at all possible. Make sure they're related to your niche.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7270562].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hardnova
    Originally Posted by Esther Koh View Post

    Hey everybody, I'm doing some research on Twitter Marketing and would appreciate if you could share more on your experience.

    1. If you've tried Twitter Marketing, how has it been for you generally?

    2. If you have a huge list of Twitter followers, did you manage to convert them into your subscribers/sales/loyal customer?

    3. What is the biggest difficulty you faced when you tried to do Twitter Marketing?

    Thanks!

    It takes some time to get followers but I have noticed that once you get around 30k or above, you can almost always generate some nearly instant traffic and the side benefit is Google will sometimes crawl your links in a matter of minutes, especially if a lot of people re-tweet them.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7247053].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sharon Hayes
    Success on Twitter is about ENGAGEMENT. It's not about follower count. If you are just automatically adding followers (even targeted ones) and spamming links, you will not get results.

    I've done product launches JUST on social media without any build up and have done very well. But it has taken time to build the relationships to have that happen.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7247146].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author GSX
      Originally Posted by Sharon Hayes View Post

      Success on Twitter is about ENGAGEMENT. It's not about follower count. If you are just automatically adding followers (even targeted ones) and spamming links, you will not get results.

      I've done product launches JUST on social media without any build up and have done very well. But it has taken time to build the relationships to have that happen.
      I agree completely, which is why I mentioned a multifaceted method above, add followers so you have people to retweet your messages and interact with all your followers, @ replies and so on. It will fast become a job, find someone you trust to take over if it gets too busy. But marketing on twitter isn't HARD, it just requires patience.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7247244].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Q Estherr
      Originally Posted by Sharon Hayes View Post

      Success on Twitter is about ENGAGEMENT. It's not about follower count. If you are just automatically adding followers (even targeted ones) and spamming links, you will not get results.

      I've done product launches JUST on social media without any build up and have done very well. But it has taken time to build the relationships to have that happen.
      Do you mind sharing a little more about how you used social media? Is it Twitter in particular or FB?
      Signature
      Need to close more deals? Got 64 minutes?
      > Click here for deal closing secrets.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7253659].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Sharon Hayes
        Originally Posted by Esther Koh View Post

        Do you mind sharing a little more about how you used social media? Is it Twitter in particular or FB?
        I'm active on both Twitter and Facebook. You can see here according to one source I'm in the top 5 most influential women on Twitter.

        You can see my Twitter account from my WF profile to see how I use it. I have several posts about social media here:

        Building a Twitter following
        How not to use social media for business - examples
        Top 12 mistakes businesses make on Twitter

        If you have specific questions, feel free to ask.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7268493].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author liswilliams
          wow, thanks, I didn't know there were so many risks with tweet adder. I prefer facebook, but I have found that that twitter works a little better.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7268754].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Q Estherr
          Originally Posted by Sharon Hayes View Post

          I'm active on both Twitter and Facebook. You can see here according to one source I'm in the top 5 most influential women on Twitter.

          You can see my Twitter account from my WF profile to see how I use it. I have several posts about social media here:

          Building a Twitter following
          How not to use social media for business - examples
          Top 12 mistakes businesses make on Twitter

          If you have specific questions, feel free to ask.
          Hey Sharon, I read links and especially like the post on Top 12 Mistakes people make when using Twitter, great information, summed and presented very concisely!

          I do have a few specific questions...

          1. To get a business off and running, there are many aspects to manage. Using Twitter to generate traffic is one area of a business, and obviously to make it work, a person has to spend lots of time managing it and effort thinking of a good strategy.

          How do you do this for your business? As in, manage your time for other aspects of your business AND successfully managing a crowd of Twitter followers?

          2. More specifically, how much time do you recommend an internet marketer spend on managing his/her Twitter account every day?

          3. How long before seeing tangible results (i.e. driving sufficient volume of traffic from Twitter to your website)?

          4. Do traffic from Twitter convert into sales (whatever that means) for you?

          Thanks
          Signature
          Need to close more deals? Got 64 minutes?
          > Click here for deal closing secrets.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7268758].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Sharon Hayes
            Originally Posted by Esther Koh View Post

            Hey Sharon, I read links and especially like the post on Top 12 Mistakes people make when using Twitter, great information, summed and presented very concisely!

            I do have a few specific questions...

            1. To get a business off and running, there are many aspects to manage. Using Twitter to generate traffic is one area of a business, and obviously to make it work, a person has to spend lots of time managing it and effort thinking of a good strategy.


            How do you do this for your business? As in, manage your time for other aspects of your business AND successfully managing a crowd of Twitter followers?

            2. More specifically, how much time do you recommend an internet marketer spend on managing his/her Twitter account every day?

            3. How long before seeing tangible results (i.e. driving sufficient volume of traffic from Twitter to your website)?

            4. Do traffic from Twitter convert into sales (whatever that means) for you?

            Thanks
            I rarely spend more than 30 minutes a day on Twitter. I spend less than 90 minutes overall on social media and that's across multiple platforms.

            Keys are to know WHO you want to reach, start to make connections with people who are already established and reaching those same people (by make connections I mean start to tweet/retweet them), make sure to use keywords that will bring the right followers to you, thank people who share your tweets.

            But look beyond the simple things. I don't autofollow back because I want to see WHO is following me. I'll reach out to those personally - check out their site etc - if I see potential for win-win in some way. Networking can bring great value in social media.

            People make social media overly complicated I think. They get caught up in numbers and automating. I try to give people the analogy of - let's say you were going to a conference. How would you measure your results from a business standpoint? (Outside of learning.) What is better - to leave with the business card of every single person there or to walk away with 5 JV partners who could each add 5 or 6 or even 7 figures of revenue?

            As far as timeframe, you need to look at social media as something to see results with over the long-term. You won't get results overnight but in weeks, possibly if done right.

            Basic rules of thumb I suggest - share 60% others content, 30-35% engagement, 5-10% your own content and 1-2% directed to sales.

            I'm actually considering working on a WSO to help people get a jump start in social media with some step by step actions to take. Just not sure if there are enough of people who aren't looking for the quick fix but long-term results. We'll see.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7268941].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Q Estherr
              Originally Posted by Sharon Hayes View Post

              I'm actually considering working on a WSO to help people get a jump start in social media with some step by step actions to take. Just not sure if there are enough of people who aren't looking for the quick fix but long-term results. We'll see.
              Great info there Left you a pm
              Signature
              Need to close more deals? Got 64 minutes?
              > Click here for deal closing secrets.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7275265].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author David Braybrooke
    I've made $100's from Twitter from advertising. As for using TweetAdder, this can be a risky road. Twitter and TweetAdder are battling it out legally I read. Take care!
    Twitter is all about relationships IMO. It takes work, like anything. You have to give more than you take and you need to be genuinely interested in the lives of others. Follow people in your niche and take some effort to make your Twitter page look professional and eye-catching. Same for your avatar. Good luck!
    'Twitter Power 2.0' by Joel Comm is worth a read too.
    Signature
    "The scientific theory I like best is that the rings of Saturn are composed entirely of lost airline luggage." - Mark Russell
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7247219].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gonzotrucker
    I get tons of traffic from twitte but no conversions.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7248099].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gjohansson1
    I have made a bunch of new marketing friends on Twitter who have shared my blog posts and tweets to their much bigger audiences. I use JustRetweet to get a bunch of bonus traffic (and a good search ranking boost) which is free if you don't mind tweeting others posts. You can pay if you want to keep your tweets your own.

    Build relationships with other tweeters and share their content to get their attention.

    I only spend 10-20 minutes on Twitter per day but I get 10-20 visitors per day to my posts and other content, mostly from other peoples' followers instead of my own. I only have around 540 followers though.

    You can also use BufferApp to schedule 5-10 tweets per day which can help you be more consistent in your tweeting. A lot of people will unfollow users who don't tweet often, so you can easily avoid this mistake with Buffer.

    I personally don't like TweetAdder, but it is a great tool if your primary goal is traffic. I like reading my Twitter stream, but it becomes difficult when you follow too many people. If you're not concerned with that, then I'd combine this with BufferApp and building relationships with other tweeters for a great Twitter traffic experience.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7248125].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author beanfan
      I have been trying to work Twitter for about 18 months. I have a bit over 1,000 followers which are fairly targeted to my niche. I have found it to be less than useful for traffic. We generate new and quality content and we are looking to drive traffic, not sell and still can't get Twitter to deliver. Results have been terrible so we have focused on Facebook which has been very good for us.

      The amount of time and conversations you need to have on Twitter is not worth the investment. People are there to chat or drop links. No one is there to go to other websites it seems. My advice is to forget Twitter and try something like FB or Pinterest if you have time to burn. Your results will be a lot better.

      If I post a link to Twitter, I might get 1 visitor and maybe once every 6-months I will have someone retweet, but never a story of mine. I could just be very unskilled at Twitter, but that's been my experience. #passontwitter
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7248146].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Q Estherr
      Originally Posted by gjohansson1 View Post

      I only spend 10-20 minutes on Twitter per day but I get 10-20 visitors per day to my posts and other content, mostly from other peoples' followers instead of my own. I only have around 540 followers though.
      Hey Gabe, lol nice to see you here. I remember you and signed up for your list from YouTube.

      TweetAdder is really ingenious but I think they are in the midst of a law suit with Twitter ( or so I heard)...

      How do you get followers for your Tweeter profile?
      Signature
      Need to close more deals? Got 64 minutes?
      > Click here for deal closing secrets.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7268782].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jsonjylee
      Originally Posted by gjohansson1 View Post

      I have made a bunch of new marketing friends on Twitter who have shared my blog posts and tweets to their much bigger audiences. I use JustRetweet to get a bunch of bonus traffic (and a good search ranking boost) which is free if you don't mind tweeting others posts. You can pay if you want to keep your tweets your own.

      Build relationships with other tweeters and share their content to get their attention.

      I only spend 10-20 minutes on Twitter per day but I get 10-20 visitors per day to my posts and other content, mostly from other peoples' followers instead of my own. I only have around 540 followers though.

      You can also use BufferApp to schedule 5-10 tweets per day which can help you be more consistent in your tweeting. A lot of people will unfollow users who don't tweet often, so you can easily avoid this mistake with Buffer.

      I personally don't like TweetAdder, but it is a great tool if your primary goal is traffic. I like reading my Twitter stream, but it becomes difficult when you follow too many people. If you're not concerned with that, then I'd combine this with BufferApp and building relationships with other tweeters for a great Twitter traffic experience.
      What topics do you usually tweet? do you tweet about new articles you've read, blogsposts? or just retweet other people's tweet? I'm new to twiter so I don't really know what to tweet about.
      Signature
      Please do not use affiliate links again.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7276129].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author talfighel
    I am going to give my own 2 cents here.

    I have tried to use Twitter is a sense that I tried to get a lot of follwers. I did work those numbers up and added many tweets about my website and the business that I am involved in.

    To be honest, I wasted a lot of time there every single day for a few months. I did not get anything out of it except one thing. I learned that I am never going to waste my time trying to get people to visit my website and get signups.

    I think you can do well with them because they have what Google and bing do and that is pay per click ads. This is the way to go but don't use it for what I just talked about.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7248155].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author donsdeals
    Twitter, as much as I dislike it, has been one of my best sources of free traffic. If someone take the time to read your post about ww.widgets, they become targeted automatically. Don't ignore FriendFeed either. You can post straight to Twitter from there. All social media is going to be valuable because of Google's using social metrics to value websites.
    Signature

    Don't take your health for granted. Learn to lose fat and build muscle. As you age this gets more and more important!
    http://howtolosefatandbuildmuscle.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7268010].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author xubuntu69
    twitter helps but not to much cause is not offering plain links
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7269400].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bellerine
    Thanks, Esther, for starting this thread and to everyone who was provided such quality feedback.

    As someone who is just beginning to use social media for business, I found so much of this super helpful (I also clicked on all the links).

    Sharon, I'd totally be interested in a WSO like you mentioned.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7270976].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Q Estherr
      Originally Posted by Bellerine View Post

      Thanks, Esther, for starting this thread and to everyone who was provided such quality feedback.
      No problem Bellerine, it's something I want to find out for myself too
      Signature
      Need to close more deals? Got 64 minutes?
      > Click here for deal closing secrets.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7275267].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author alexseoking
    Generating traffic from Twitter could be very effective. In order to do so, you need to have a bunch of followers and create catchy tweets.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7272480].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author andynathan
    I generate around 50-100 visits per day from Twitter. Now, I have some accounts with 20,000-60,000 followers that have been around for 3 years or more, so do not expect my results right away.

    The key is to find your target audience and follow them, so they can follow you back. Additionally, the majority of the content I send to Twitter is blog traffic and retweets of fellow bloggers.

    If you need some help, let me know. I am actually coming out with a product that will partially cover this topic in the next week or so.
    Signature

    Delighfully Inexpensive: The Scientific Formula For Profitable Blogging takes you step-by-step into how to create mind-blowing content that inspires your readers to learn more about your services.
    Scientific Formula For Profitable Blogging Link

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7276434].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author whland
    This is an interesting thread. I've always thought of trying twitter for getting traffic. Might give it a go pretty soon, see how it works out. Can't hurt to try.

    Chad
    Signature
    WebMasterBabble.com Webmaster Forum
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7276719].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Antonio J.
    You can get some good traffic but only if you have a lot of followers. There is also a limitation that you can't actually promote anything you want but only something that is appropriate. Otherwise, you could start losing followers.
    Signature
    Looking for high paying and top converting worldwide trial offers in health & beauty niche?
    PM me for more info.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7284454].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author eternalsongbird
    I tried both Twitter and Facebook. Both are good but I will prefer more Facebook than Twitter.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7293215].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author connorbringas
      Getting real twitter followers is tough. There are way to many bogus accounts out there. Just try tweeting some quality stuff and you should be fine. Eventually build a really large amount of followers before you actually try to market to them.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7293232].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dlundy1
    Twitter is only a good source of Traffic when you have "Credit", and what I mean by that is "Followers".

    the more Followers you have the More Credible your tweets seem. Build your Followers and You Build the credibility that will get you conversions.

    I found an awesome Twitter Course that shows you how to generate Followers For Free Daily. I am currently at 29,000+ Followers.

    check my Twitter Account---> @deon_L
    Signature

    Don't Give UP! See how I made mt first $69.73 online :)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7294934].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Wade32
      Originally Posted by dlundy1 View Post

      Twitter is only a good source of Traffic when you have "Credit", and what I mean by that is "Followers".

      the more Followers you have the More Credible your tweets seem. Build your Followers and You Build the credibility that will get you conversions.

      I found an awesome Twitter Course that shows you how to generate Followers For Free Daily. I am currently at 29,000+ Followers.

      check my Twitter Account---> @deon_L
      Yup, this is true. The more followers you have, the better off you will be for your tweets. However, you don't have to have a large following to get a lot of traffic.

      Using hashtags, keywords, and related trends to what you are tweeting about will allow you to generate a lot of clicks as well.
      Signature
      Get Free Social Media Psychology Updates in Your Email
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7294954].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author dlundy1
        Originally Posted by Wade32 View Post

        Yup, this is true. The more followers you have, the better off you will be for your tweets. However, you don't have to have a large following to get a lot of traffic.

        Using hashtags, keywords, and related trends to what you are tweeting about will allow you to generate a lot of clicks as well.
        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

        its similar to a driving a Car. Yeah you don't NEED to drive in order to get from pointA to pointB, walking works just as well..... but a CAR Will makes things a LOT easier lol
        Signature

        Don't Give UP! See how I made mt first $69.73 online :)

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7294982].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fiverrfreak
    Yes i have used twitter for traffic and it was great. The most important is having enough followers and sometimes it works better for those in the entertainment niche.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7304356].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mjohn33
    I tried both Tweeter and Facebook. but my vote is to Facebook I got a lot of success from Facebook that Tweeter
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7304513].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dlundy1
      Originally Posted by mjohn33 View Post

      I tried both Tweeter and Facebook. but my vote is to Facebook I got a lot of success from Facebook that Tweeter
      >>>>>>>
      I wouldn't expect anyone to get decent traffic from twitter if they are calling it "Tweeter" lol you need a very goood understanding of the website
      Signature

      Don't Give UP! See how I made mt first $69.73 online :)

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7310597].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author FlowingEvents
    Sometimes i get good amount of traffic from twitter. It's not Bad. If you stay active you will get a lot.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7305007].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author john Roberts
    i tried twitter a few few months ago.. i stayed on there and posted and posted but didnt get what i thought i was going to get so i just backed off from it.. to much time involved from doing other things
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7311510].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author clature
    To be honest ...... unless you have a very focused and niche group of followers on Twitter, you're not going to get much traffic from there. Even if you do get traffic, the amount of people who actually buy anything from your website is really low ....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7312975].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LisaSimpkins
    I use twitter mostly for posting/share throughout the internet.As far as gaining traffic from Twitter..it depends on what I post.If the post is helpful,free tools,free download etc. it can have a huge impact on traffic.One thing is having time to actually connect with your followers..a big must and to do so is to spend quite a bit of time on Twitter.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7323901].message }}

Trending Topics