1. Find very targeted leads from Facebook (thanks to New Facebook Graph Search!). Grab their email addresses or UIDs.
2. Create custom audience (using Fb's Power Editor)
3. Make Newsfeed Ads (bidding for this type of ad is way higher than traditional right side Ads. So it is REALLY important to have very targeted custom audience to make this campaign successful)
Btw, the reason I use Newsfeed Ads is I can make sure people see my ads when I use Newsfeed ad, and since custom audience is NOT going to be targeting like millions (since it's very targeted), I have to make sure every single person in my custom audience doesn't miss my ad.
4. I use CPM to lower cost per click since I have very high CTR.
5. Split test as usual to optimize!
** 20.5% CTR with 2 cents click was the best one so far, I had another campaign with 12% CTR with 3 cents click. (*See pictures below )
These are NOT from 'Pet' related niche, where people are easily get excited and engaged on Facebook.
Actually these are from random niches, 'kidney stone' and 'sciatica', and I still received huge CTR and 2 or 3cent clicks, meaning that you can apply this to ANY niche you want and possibly get even better results than I did!
P.S. It's up to you if you use the Ads to drive traffic to Facebook Pages (which is usually cheaper) or other web pages.
P.P.S. I actually Direct Linked to merchant sites, and managed to get 3 Conversions as an affiliate from these two campaigns on that particular day. Yes! Direct linking on Facebook actually works!
I hope this post was helpful to you guys.
If you have any questions, let me know