via Heyo [BREAKING] New Facebook Contest Changes Save Time and Money | Heyo Hub
Here is the info straight from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/facebookfor....1377696346243
| It's now Easier to Administer Promotions on Facebook |
We've updated our Pages Terms in order to make it easier for businesses of all sizes to create and administer promotions on Facebook. Here's what Page administrators need to know:
We've removed the requirement that promotions on Facebook only be administered through apps
Now, promotions may be administered on Page Timelines and in apps on Facebook. For example, businesses can now:
As before, however, businesses cannot administer promotions on personal Timelines.
- Collect entries by having users post on the Page or comment/like a Page post
- Collect entries by having users message the Page
- Utilize likes as a voting mechanism
Accurate tagging is required in promotions
In order to maintain the accuracy of Page content, our Pages Terms now prohibit Pages from tagging or encouraging people to tag themselves in content that they are not actually depicted in. So, for instance:
We hope these updates will enable more businesses to use Facebook to launch their promotions. For more information regarding the changes to our promotions policies, check out our downloadable Promotion Guidelines, which include FAQs and best practices for running promotions through Facebook.
- It's OK to ask people to submit names of a new product in exchange for a chance to win a prize
- It's not OK to ask people tag themselves in pictures of a new product in exchange for a chance to win a prize