question using Fiverr.com and FB

8 replies
I need some advise, sorry for the long post, but its hard to compress what I need help with.
I've been looking for a website to earn a little suplimentary income. I came across this website called Fiverr.com, which seems pretty ligitamate except that alot of the stuff people are doing or selling don't seem practicle or worth anyone paying 5 dollars for (but thats just me). After looking around though it seems what people are pretty successful at is being paid to post links, likes or invites to a group from their FB page, so I thought to look into this idea.
first, i wanted to create a seperate FB page from my "real" page. I looked this up on the FB TOS and I believe it does not violate any of the TOS, just as long as I use seperate emails for each page.
Second. I thought I could build up some contacts, but without being that annoying person sending out hundreds of "i don't know you but be my friend" requests. I thought I could slowly look for contacts or "friends" just like any business builds contacts.
third. I would post an add on fiverr for "i'll post you link on my page, which has (so many) friends. I would post it twice or a 2 week time period. I would NOT flood my page with "go to this link..just because post" In order to avoid annoying people or Spaming I thought I could post 2 or 3 links over the course of a week or 6 per 2 weeks.
I read an article on the 11 sins of FB some being, don't send random invites to everyone. don't post massive amounts of links to grounds. (4-5 per day). don't send PM messages to EVERYONE!
All I was going to do is post links to people groups. I would make legitamate non-annoying posts, just not related to my personal life, which I save for my person Page.

What do you think? any suggestions? good idea, bad idea? any suggestions of additional advertising on a page without being annoying such as SPAM.
#fiverrcom #question
  • Profile picture of the author RobinInTexas
    Originally Posted by tradtke View Post


    this idea.

    first, i wanted to create a seperate FB page from my "real" page. I looked this up on the FB TOS and I believe it does not violate any of the TOS, just as long as I use seperate emails for each page.
    Second. I thought I could build up some contacts, but without being that annoying person sending out hundreds of "i don't know you but be my friend" requests. I thought I could slowly look for contacts or "friends" just like any business builds contacts.
    third. I would post an add on fiverr for "i'll post you link on my page, which has (so many) friends. I would post it twice or a 2 week time period. I would NOT flood my page with "go to this link..just because post" In order to avoid annoying people or Spaming I thought I could post 2 or 3 links over the course of a week or 6 per 2 weeks.
    I read an article on the 11 sins of FB some being, don't send random invites to everyone. don't post massive amounts of links to grounds. (4-5 per day). don't send PM messages to EVERYONE!
    All I was going to do is post links to people groups. I would make legitamate non-annoying posts, just not related to my personal life, which I save for my person Page.

    What do you think? any suggestions? good idea, bad idea? any suggestions of additional advertising on a page without being annoying such as SPAM.

    It'll get you banned on FB, you are only allowed one account.
    Signature

    Robin



    ...Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just set there.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8462488].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Toby A
      Originally Posted by RobinInTexas View Post

      It'll get you banned on FB, you are only allowed one account.
      Hi Robin, sorry if this seems like a dumb question.
      When you say "you are only allowed one account"... do you mean that you can only create 1 FB account with 1 email address... or is it the case that if FB notices that the same person has set up several FB accounts with several different email addresses - they'll ban you once they realize?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8462528].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Gold Dust
        In terms of finding friends for the account, it would vary a lot depending on what niche you are in. Finding friends who are responsive to ads in the IM niche may be hard
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8462541].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author tradtke
          thanks for the suggestions. I need to double check the TOS for FB but when I did a little digging I thought you could only have 1 account per email address, so If i used a separate email for this endeavor I would still be within the guidelines of the TOS. besides If I kept my personal page completely different than my "other" page how can they link the two together? The reason I want to make 2 accounts is that I want to keep my personal friends and associates. Also if This endeavor fails I can cancel the account not worrying about screwing up my personal account. I'm not looking to cheat the system.
          Signature

          My story of how I think my twins view the environment verses how I do.

          www.twinsights.webs.com

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8464866].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author sicnarf613
            Originally Posted by tradtke View Post

            thanks for the suggestions. I need to double check the TOS for FB but when I did a little digging I thought you could only have 1 account per email address, so If i used a separate email for this endeavor I would still be within the guidelines of the TOS. besides If I kept my personal page completely different than my "other" page how can they link the two together? The reason I want to make 2 accounts is that I want to keep my personal friends and associates. Also if This endeavor fails I can cancel the account not worrying about screwing up my personal account. I'm not looking to cheat the system.
            Don't be concerned about it. Like I told Toby, you can create two accounts, although it's frowned about technically. Facebook won't care unless you get their attention by spamming people. Think of it this way. They have bigger fish to fry, unless that is you become that big fish
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8466980].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Toby A
              Originally Posted by tradtke View Post

              I think I figured out the solution to my problem by creating a page using the same account, but keeping it separate from my personal page and it is not violating the TOS. I was not aware that I could do this. I think by doing this I can keep contacts from one page completely separate from the other.

              thanks for the help everyone, hopefully I can make this work. Now I just need to figure out a way to find friends for my new page without spam, contacting people at random and annoying anyone...any suggestions on how to go about doing this.

              thanks again
              Hi tradtke, I have only recently been advised about this:
              http://www.warriorforum.com/social-m...-accounts.html
              ... I have to say that it does sound like the better solution over multiple FB accounts.

              As for getting contact requests to stick. Perhaps you could find the people you wanted to contact on FB... add them to a list in a Spreadsheet, and include info about their websites or other social profiles - if they have them... then contact them outside Facebook first.
              ... This might be a bit of a slow way to do it, but as I lack FB experience, I can't think of a better system off the top of my head... Perhaps someone with more FB experience can advise you on this.

              Best of luck.


              Originally Posted by sicnarf613 View Post

              They'll ban you if they find that you (one person) have opened up multiple accounts (even on several addresses). But that doesn't go to say that people don't do it. There are plenty of folks who have opened up multiple accounts for personal reasons - an account for business contacts, another for private use, etc. Unless you're opening up these accounts for spamming purposes or creating an account that doesn't represent a person (like your dog) I wouldn't be concerned about the potential to be banned. They won't really care.
              Hi sicnarf613,
              I think there must be loads of people with multiple accounts. I don't intend to use spammy or experimental tactics, tho if I did want to experiment - I guess it would better to use a dormant account, and not a busy active one.

              If what I understand about FB Pages is correct, using the example of a page about your dog... you could set up a Page called "Baz the Border Collie" and all messages from that page would say "message from: Baz the Border Collie" (with the avatar image of a border collie) and the page wouldn't have to show any connection to your FB personal page or other pages whatsoever, so it is possible that no one would be able to see who was operating it.

              If I used two pages, one for Internet Marketing and the other for Health, I could use my name (or subtle variations of my name) on each Page, and a different avatar face image, tho both showing me. ... Please do correct me if you think I'm wrong, as I've been told this recently, and haven't put it into action.

              ... Thanks for your guidance.

              .
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8467645].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author sicnarf613
        Originally Posted by Toby A View Post

        Hi Robin, sorry if this seems like a dumb question.
        When you say "you are only allowed one account"... do you mean that you can only create 1 FB account with 1 email address... or is it the case that if FB notices that the same person has set up several FB accounts with several different email addresses - they'll ban you once they realize?
        They'll ban you if they find that you (one person) have opened up multiple accounts (even on several addresses). But that doesn't go to say that people don't do it. There are plenty of folks who have opened up multiple accounts for personal reasons - an account for business contacts, another for private use, etc. Unless you're opening up these accounts for spamming purposes or creating an account that doesn't represent a person (like your dog) I wouldn't be concerned about the potential to be banned. They won't really care.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8466977].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tradtke
    I think I figured out the solution to my problem by creating a page using the same account, but keeping it separate from my personal page and it is not violating the TOS. I was not aware that I could do this. I think by doing this I can keep contacts from one page completely separate from the other.

    thanks for the help everyone, hopefully I can make this work. Now I just need to figure out a way to find friends for my new page without spam, contacting people at random and annoying anyone...any suggestions on how to go about doing this.

    thanks again
    Signature

    My story of how I think my twins view the environment verses how I do.

    www.twinsights.webs.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8466430].message }}

Trending Topics