How long did it take for you to build your facebook page?

by Alanas
53 replies
As the title says. How many likes do you get? How much time did it take? Did you use FB ads? If yes, what was the cost per like? Share your stories!

As for me, I am building a FB page related to weight loss. I made it yesterday and now it has 376 likes (289 likes coming mainly from my other accounts and y other FB page (~1500 likes), while 87 likes came from FB ads 0.08 usd per like. Considering that this is from the 3rd world countries, isn't it too expensive? Just a side question).
#build #facebook #long #page
  • Profile picture of the author imrankhang
    I have recently used $100 on Facebook ads. The number of likes depends upon the country you choose for getting likes. For example it will take $1 for getting 20 likes from US. And other countries will get you as maximum as 100 likes/$1.
    But the main point here is that Facebook don't guarantee number of likes. As may be your page is not interested to users and they tend to click the ad but don't like it. It will cost you.
    So best of luck for you new facebook page and try to give creative stuff to your fans.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8828194].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alanas
    How come you were able to get 100 likes/$1 from outside developed countries? My cost per like is 0.08 $, thus 12 likes/$1..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8828335].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Adam Short
      I just set up a new FB page two weeks ago and just hit 4,100 Likes. My US likes are about 10-15 cents each and other countries from 4 to 6 cents each.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8828601].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author The SEO
      Originally Posted by Alanas View Post

      How come you were able to get 100 likes/$1 from outside developed countries? My cost per like is 0.08 $, thus 12 likes/$1..
      I'm buying 1000+ Likes in just 5$ from my local provider.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8857699].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author hugo112
        I started this Fan Page a year and a half ago (June 2012) --> https://www.facebook.com/Ilovedogs4?ref=hl

        I have spent just a little less than $1000 in Facebook ads since then. I get international likes at $0.01/like and US like at $0.06/Like. It took me a year to make any kind of revenue for this page. I now run a website (Tail stories | a website for dog lovers) that has well over 130k unique visitor per month and a adsense revenue of 2k per month !
        Signature

        Social media & SEO expert.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8873453].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author brutecky
    Originally Posted by Alanas View Post

    Considering that this is from the 3rd world countries, isn't it too expensive? Just a side question).
    Why do you think likes from these places should cost less? Are people in these areas more easy to convince to click the like button? Is it less costly for Facebook to show them ads? What are you basing your assumption that likes from on area should cost less than likes from a different area on?

    Also depending on what your page is about, the area where your likes come from should not matter. I sell software and I have hundreds and hundreds of likes from places like India, Pakistan. Saudi Arabia etc. Guess what though, I have hundreds and hundreds of customers from these areas as well. I dont discriminate, people all over the world buy software and all there money converts to the USD just fine.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8828647].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alanas
    brutecky, I understand what you are trying to say. Reasonable thoughts. Fair enough.

    Anyway, here is my Facebook Ad overview regarding my ads. Please check it out. I've got some questions regarding this.
    http://postimg.org/image/62owkrgp9/

    Is this CTR rate of CPC type FB Ads is considered high (enough)? Also, it appears that the CTR of CPM type ads is much lower than those of CPC type ads. Is this normal and to be expected always?

    Needless to say the CTR of CPM type ads is abysmal. My ads pictures and descriptions must be of low quality. Could you check them out? Here are the pics:
    1. http://postimg.org/image/6qxy7ythz/
    2. http://postimg.org/image/nnlysxctd/
    3. http://postimg.org/image/xhgwbevcf/
    4. http://postimg.org/image/4xf6z2plf/

    Here are the descriptions:
    Headline "Lose Weight Fast!" and "Effective Weight Loss";
    Text: "Everything you need to know about Weight Loss and Nutrition in 1 place! +Testimonials!" and "I have over 40 kilograms and kept it off for good!" and "I have lost over 40 kilograms and kept it off for good!"
    Target Audience: Women; 18+; Indonesia, India, Pakistan, Egypt, etc 25 other similar countries; like "Diet" or "Weight Loss"; who speak English.
    EDIT: there are about 4.200.000 of people who are my target audience.

    What do you think? Were they decent ads?


    Also, what about S4S methods (http://www.warriorforum.com/social-m...ding-dime.html )? Have any of you tried them? How did they work?

    I truly am grateful for your input, effort and time, guys.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8828862].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author brutecky
      Originally Posted by Alanas View Post

      Is this CTR rate of CPC type FB Ads is considered high (enough)? Also, it appears that the CTR of CPM type ads is much lower than those of CPC type ads. Is this normal and to be expected always?
      CTR will always be lower than on a search engine, such as Google. The reason for this is because people are not on Facebook to look for what your company provides. There there to post status, chat with friends, see whats going on etc.
      Because of this CTR for Facebook is much more on par with traditional banner ads.

      You lowest ad is converting at .008% , thats not good at all, I would say it is under performing.

      The ad with .02% is acceptable, but nothing great, its .. average

      The other ads are doing well. You have one that is over 1% which is good for a Facebook ad.

      Brett
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8829172].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jasondinner
    It took me 6 weeks and rougly $1500 to break even and get into profit. I was averaging at the time about $25-$50 a day in adspend.

    Had about 5K likes when that happened. It may take 2 or 3x as many likes with good engagement to achieve the same result due to Facebook severely limiting reach, but it's still good.

    This was a year ago when I started this page in particular. It's made me about $100K (not including affiliate revenue generated from driving traffic to affiliate offers through promoted posts.)
    Signature

    "Human thoughts have the tendency to transform themselves into their physical equivalent." Earl Nightingale

    Super Affiliates Hang Out Here

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8828894].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author searchnology
      So far, for my most recent client I've gotten 25K Likes for about $.04 per Like and it has taken about 5 days to do so. The goal at this time is to get maximize Likes vs. traffic to their site.

      My strategy...

      1. First choose "Likes" as your objective and target english speakers in non-US countries first(they are cheaper because they have less competitive) to build up your Like numbers and have a more credible FB page. This will improve ad CTRs when you target your actual audience.

      2. Use eCPM instead of CPC for maximizing the number of Likes. FB will automatically direct your ad to users that click Likes mostly.

      3. Use newsfeeds ads instead of sidebar ads....they get 3x the CTRs

      4. Put bright borders around your graphics to draw more attention

      5. In the event users click my ad instead of clicking the like button on my ad, I point my ad to a fangate to maximize Likes.

      6. NEVER point ads to sites away from FB...that will always cause FB to increase your costs.

      Once you hit 20K+ Likes your page and therefore ads will be seen as credible and you will have a lot more success with ads targeting the US and/or with ads pointing away from FB.

      Good luck!
      Signature
      Google's Keyword Tool is Gone!..You will NEED this! - Watch Demo that Uncovers 1000s of KEYWORDS Other Tools Miss! »


      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8829164].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Hypnosisdotmn
      Originally Posted by jasondinner View Post

      It took me 6 weeks and rougly $1500 to break even and get into profit. I was averaging at the time about $25-$50 a day in adspend.

      Had about 5K likes when that happened. It may take 2 or 3x as many likes with good engagement to achieve the same result due to Facebook severely limiting reach, but it's still good.

      This was a year ago when I started this page in particular. It's made me about $100K (not including affiliate revenue generated from driving traffic to affiliate offers through promoted posts.)
      Hi, i have a 417k facebook fanpage that i wish to monetize, any help would be rewarded by posts. thanks

      Brian
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8846069].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Magicalidea
    Few minutes to create a fanpage but quiet long to advertise it and make it more popular
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8829352].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author searchnology
      This depends on your budget....I got my client to 20K Likes in about 5 days with about a $1K budget.

      Originally Posted by Magicalidea View Post

      Few minutes to create a fanpage but quiet long to advertise it and make it more popular
      Signature
      Google's Keyword Tool is Gone!..You will NEED this! - Watch Demo that Uncovers 1000s of KEYWORDS Other Tools Miss! »


      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8829858].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alanas
        Originally Posted by searchnology View Post

        This depends on your budget....I got my client to 20K Likes in about 5 days with about a $1K budget.
        How long did it take to get your investment back?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8830124].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author searchnology
          We are not at that stage yet...the first stage is to build a credible page with lots of Likes....
          Originally Posted by Alanas View Post

          How long did it take to get your investment back?
          Signature
          Google's Keyword Tool is Gone!..You will NEED this! - Watch Demo that Uncovers 1000s of KEYWORDS Other Tools Miss! »


          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8830311].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Alanas
            Originally Posted by searchnology View Post

            We are not at that stage yet...the first stage is to build a credible page with lots of Likes....
            Fair enough. You seem to have experience regarding this. After how many likes the monetization process of facebook page should be started? 5k? 10k? 100k?

            I am talking about weight loss niche, if that info is important.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8830454].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author searchnology
              See my earlier post #8 for details....about 20K Likes is what my data shows...

              Originally Posted by Alanas View Post

              Fair enough. You seem to have experience regarding this. After how many likes the monetization process of facebook page should be started? 5k? 10k? 100k?

              I am talking about weight loss niche, if that info is important.
              Signature
              Google's Keyword Tool is Gone!..You will NEED this! - Watch Demo that Uncovers 1000s of KEYWORDS Other Tools Miss! »


              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8830577].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Alanas
                Originally Posted by searchnology View Post

                See my earlier post #8 for details....about 20K Likes is what my data shows...
                When you say "~20k likes", do you mean 20k likes from USA/Canada/First world countries solely, or 20k likes in general, in which there can be likes from both first world and developing countries, some sort of a "natural mix".

                I surely doubt that you mean 20k likes from developing countries is enough to start monetizing and hope to at least break even.


                Ohh, and btw - what is your CPS rate? You see, so far my CPS link has been clicked 13 times and nothing. I hope it isn't smth rlly bad/low.. (i would get 40 USD per sale, meaning that the product itself costs quote a lot -so that might be affecting CPS rate..)
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8833061].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Alanas
                  Originally Posted by Alanas View Post

                  When you say "~20k likes", do you mean 20k likes from USA/Canada/First world countries solely, or 20k likes in general, in which there can be likes from both first world and developing countries, some sort of a "natural mix".

                  I surely doubt that you mean 20k likes from developing countries is enough to start monetizing and hope to at least break even.


                  Ohh, and btw - what is your CPS rate? You see, so far my CPS link has been clicked 13 times and nothing. I hope it isn't smth rlly bad/low.. (i would get 40 USD per sale, meaning that the product itself costs quote a lot -so that might be affecting CPS rate..)
                  Does anyone know?
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8834613].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Magicalidea
        Originally Posted by searchnology View Post

        This depends on your budget....I got my client to 20K Likes in about 5 days with about a $1K budget.
        :confused: 20k fake or real likes ? That's my interested.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8830821].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author junkdna
        Originally Posted by searchnology View Post

        This depends on your budget....I got my client to 20K Likes in about 5 days with about a $1K budget.
        Yeah, maybe 20K looks big, but if 80% of your 'Likes' are from third world and 20% from first world, you'll have trouble monetizing that.
        Signature

        Guys With Brains Work for Guys With Balls. Guys With Balls Work for Luck.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8838158].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author searchnology
          No.....the initial like campaign is for building credibility....once you have a credible number of likes your targeted campaigns will perform better because of it.

          Originally Posted by junkdna View Post

          Yeah, maybe 20K looks big, but if 80% of your 'Likes' are from third world and 20% from first world, you'll have trouble monetizing that.
          Signature
          Google's Keyword Tool is Gone!..You will NEED this! - Watch Demo that Uncovers 1000s of KEYWORDS Other Tools Miss! »


          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8838429].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jasondinner
    I started the monetization process from day 1.

    Not that there is anything wrong with waiting until 20K likes.

    When it comes to spending money on Facebook ads to build up a page, I wanted to recoup my money back as soon as possible.
    Signature

    "Human thoughts have the tendency to transform themselves into their physical equivalent." Earl Nightingale

    Super Affiliates Hang Out Here

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8830765].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alanas
    Hmm. I see.

    Speaking of likes: what is the ratio of free likes and "paid" (ads brought) likes? I heard that after you establish your FB page, FB page gets more and more free likes. Have you noticed that?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8831325].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author thriftgirl62
      Originally Posted by Alanas View Post

      Hmm. I see.

      Speaking of likes: what is the ratio of free likes and "paid" (ads brought) likes? I heard that after you establish your FB page, FB page gets more and more free likes. Have you noticed that?
      I don't use ads. I use simple FB apps and so far this is the favorite [and yes, I know the audio from Kanye West's soundtrack but I got permission to use it] http://apps.facebook.com/sexypanties

      There are over 800 or 1200 users [I haven't checked lately] that authorized that app or added it to their page own page tabs so every one of those users gets all the updates I post because they are users, not just 1-time "likes" which don't really help anything unless they come back to interact with the page.

      This page took about 25 minutes to add as a tab on an existing page: 22s.com I like those tabs because they don't post random messages or promos advertising their own service. They don't pay commission either.

      They just add up your referral credits that let you upgrade if you have at least 3 referrals. Mine is paid for life so I'm NOT posting this here for credits - I don't need them - just in case you think I have selfish motives - nope. Not a chance!
      Signature

      I retired in 2005 at 43 and now I give away websites like these for FREE [hosting excluded]

      When you make at least $100+ per month, we split the profit 80/20 and YOU get the 80% Until then, you keep 100% and I'll help you drive traffic, get backlinks and put the domain in your name too!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8833157].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seomaster5
    Ahhh well i am not working on Page nowadays because of my busy schedule but i setup many pages and got 1000 likes in one day cool init
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8831339].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bojanxmkd
    Guys i have 30k Health Page on Facebook but with recent changes on their algorithm less and less people see my posts. Any suggestions what should i do ?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8834682].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jasondinner
    Unfortunately it will take more likes to reach the same amount of people you were able to with less, so all you need to do is simply get more likes.

    Or you can do what Facebook wants and overpay to boost your posts so they can make their stock shareholders happy
    Signature

    "Human thoughts have the tendency to transform themselves into their physical equivalent." Earl Nightingale

    Super Affiliates Hang Out Here

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8834739].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bojanxmkd
      Originally Posted by jasondinner View Post

      Unfortunately it will take more likes to reach the same amount of people you were able to with less, so all you need to do is simply get more likes.

      Or you can do what Facebook wants and overpay to boost your posts so they can make their stock shareholders happy
      Thank you for your reply, i really appreciate it.
      So spreading my page will do the trick, because few guys told me that if i dont pay on facebook my page will be 'dead' ?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8834777].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jasondinner
    I wouldnt waste your money on boosting posts.

    You're much better off getting more page likes using whatever traffic methods youve been using and doing some like campaigns via FB ads.
    Signature

    "Human thoughts have the tendency to transform themselves into their physical equivalent." Earl Nightingale

    Super Affiliates Hang Out Here

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8834791].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bojanxmkd
      Originally Posted by jasondinner View Post

      I wouldnt waste your money on boosting posts.

      You're much better off getting more page likes using whatever traffic methods youve been using and doing some like campaigns via FB ads.
      Thanks once more again
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8834806].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alanas
    Hey, what is a normal/acceptable ratio of CPS? I know that CPL is about 15%, but I'm not sure regarding CPS.. I have already made 22 clicks, but still no conversions. Is this normal, or should I get worried?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8835075].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author banwork
    I built my first big page to 100,000 likes for around $0.10 per like. My second big page I built it to over 600,000 likes for around 300 likes per dollar. My newest page I also built to almost 700,000 likes for around 300 likes per dollar (3 likes for each $0.01 spent). My pages are all used as a conversion tool and have never made money from the audience. I am wary of trying to make pages designed to monetize an audience because of the effort needed to do it right and the risk that comes with building a page that is not profitable. I am planning to give it a try in the future.
    Signature

    Thank you to the 400+ warriors that chose to buy my Facebook WSO granting lifetime access to my Udemy course!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8835600].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author searchnology
      I think your intuition is correct...Facebook's Edgerank will prevent most pages built up from cheap likes from being monetized well with those same Likes. For whatever reason folks forget about the impact of Edgerank.

      Originally Posted by banwork View Post

      I built my first big page to 100,000 likes for around $0.10 per like. My second big page I built it to over 600,000 likes for around 300 likes per dollar. My newest page I also built to almost 700,000 likes for around 300 likes per dollar (3 likes for each $0.01 spent). My pages are all used as a conversion tool and have never made money from the audience. I am wary of trying to make pages designed to monetize an audience because of the effort needed to do it right and the risk that comes with building a page that is not profitable. I am planning to give it a try in the future.
      Signature
      Google's Keyword Tool is Gone!..You will NEED this! - Watch Demo that Uncovers 1000s of KEYWORDS Other Tools Miss! »


      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8838448].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alanas
    I've noticed an interesting trend.

    When I post a status or upload a photo in my Facebook page with 2000 likes (weight loss niche) , it is seen by approximately 7-15% of my like audience (~140-300; sometimes more, but that is the effect of likes and shares, I guess).

    However, when I make a post with a link to my blog, it only gets about ~1% of the audience - only ~20 people reach.

    Have you noticed that? Is this intentional? How to bypass it?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8843453].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author searchnology
      Yes, FB doesn't want you linking away from their site so external links get less exposure.

      Similarly, FB ads that link away from FB are most expensive than those that link within FB.

      Originally Posted by Alanas View Post

      I've noticed an interesting trend.

      When I post a status or upload a photo in my Facebook page with 2000 likes (weight loss niche) , it is seen by approximately 7-15% of my like audience (~140-300; sometimes more, but that is the effect of likes and shares, I guess).

      However, when I make a post with a link to my blog, it only gets about ~1% of the audience - only ~20 people reach.

      Have you noticed that? Is this intentional? How to bypass it?
      Signature
      Google's Keyword Tool is Gone!..You will NEED this! - Watch Demo that Uncovers 1000s of KEYWORDS Other Tools Miss! »


      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8843753].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alanas
    I see. That is sad to hear that.

    I've noticed that when I post my blog link with a picture I upload, it gets better views - 5-10% of the total like count. The reason why Facebook allow this kind of action with such results is, I believe, because that posting links in the description of photos is less effective traffic getting method, am I correct?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8844345].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jasondinner
      Originally Posted by Alanas View Post

      posting links in the description of photos is less effective traffic getting method, am I correct?
      Have you tested it?

      I've found it to be very effective. It's all about the description and call to action.
      Signature

      "Human thoughts have the tendency to transform themselves into their physical equivalent." Earl Nightingale

      Super Affiliates Hang Out Here

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8844578].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alanas
        It seems to be so. I have just added another picture with link in description specifically to test it out. I'll update you with the result in few hours.

        By the way, if I put more than one link (to test out the product as well as to collect emails with separate calling actions for both links), will it reduce the efficiency of callings to action?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8845209].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author jasondinner
          Originally Posted by Alanas View Post

          It seems to be so. I have just added another picture with link in description specifically to test it out. I'll update you with the result in few hours.

          By the way, if I put more than one link (to test out the product as well as to collect emails with separate calling actions for both links), will it reduce the efficiency of callings to action?
          Sometimes if you give people more than one thing to do it causes them confusion and they end up doing neither.

          But you can and should test it.

          Nothing anyone tells you in here will work for you the same exact way it works for them all the time or ever, so you need to get your own data.
          Signature

          "Human thoughts have the tendency to transform themselves into their physical equivalent." Earl Nightingale

          Super Affiliates Hang Out Here

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8845481].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Alanas
            Originally Posted by jasondinner View Post

            Sometimes if you give people more than one thing to do it causes them confusion and they end up doing neither.

            But you can and should test it.

            Nothing anyone tells you in here will work for you the same exact way it works for them all the time or ever, so you need to get your own data.
            I agree, too much of a good thing [for me ] might indeed backfire.

            Anyway, i did upload a photo and wrote both links to squeeze site for Emails as well as download free ebook from sharecash.org

            Well, the photo reached ~275 people, which is about 12-13% (decent reach I'd say).
            On ListWire I got 1 email address.
            On ShareCash.org there were 48 visitors, 5 clicks and 1 download (20% CTR) and I got 1USD for that download.
            All that was in about 4 hours.

            Is that decent?

            EDIT: I have also noticed that when I am promoting my page to get more like via FB ads, my page gets more likes than I pay for - paid and organic. However, when I reach budget's limit, NO more likes are getting in, neither paid (understandable), nor organic (weird). Have any of you experienced this?

            EDIT2: I got another question, jason. I hope you will bother answering it. I would be very grateful.
            I have been promoting Weight loss product on my new FB page as well as blog. The thing is: there were 100 clicks on affiliate link, but no buys. My CPS rate is 0/100 so far. Should I be worried? Both my FB page and blog are about ~10 days old. As of today my blog has 1520 traffic in those 10 days, while my FB page has ~2250 likes. Most traffic is from 3rd world countries (i am now building a credible FB page to get likes from US/Canada/Western countries more easily). So, having considered this info, should I be worried of my 0/100 CPS ratio?
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8845852].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author R1987x
    I have had some pretty nice results lately.

    http://www.warriorforum.com/social-m...g-results.html

    Took me just about 6 days to build.

    BTW, 0,08 per like in 3rd world countries is not bad, but I under 0,01 per like should be possible too

    Originally Posted by Alanas View Post

    As the title says. How many likes do you get? How much time did it take? Did you use FB ads? If yes, what was the cost per like? Share your stories!

    As for me, I am building a FB page related to weight loss. I made it yesterday and now it has 376 likes (289 likes coming mainly from my other accounts and y other FB page (~1500 likes), while 87 likes came from FB ads 0.08 usd per like. Considering that this is from the 3rd world countries, isn't it too expensive? Just a side question).
    Signature
    If you wish to contact me, please use visitor messaging on my profile instead of PMing, thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8845868].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alanas
    jasondinner, could you share the answers, please? I bet my questions are really easy for your level of expertise.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8849465].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jasondinner
    If you want to make money from your page, I wouldn't be focusing on 3rd world countries in your targeting unless it's just to pad your "Like" count.
    Signature

    "Human thoughts have the tendency to transform themselves into their physical equivalent." Earl Nightingale

    Super Affiliates Hang Out Here

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8850011].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jeannie Crabtree
      There is a kind of middle of the road approach...

      There are countries that you can target outside the U.S. that will get you cheaper clicks, but do have money. You just have to use your head. Think of other English speaking, pockets in countries - U.S or U.K. English. Or countries that often have English as a second language, but are not poor third world countries. I thank Banwork for briefly pointing this out in one of his videos.

      One target I had in the U.S. cost .14 a click. With the set up I started last night, I am getting them at .03 a click. 267 page likes since last night about 10:00 p.m..

      I had to change my game plan a little as to what I am going to monotize with, but this is better than struggling along to get page likes at 30 to 40 per day. I will be able to monotize sooner and get a return on my investment.

      Jeannie

      Originally Posted by jasondinner View Post

      If you want to make money from your page, I wouldn't be focusing on 3rd world countries in your targeting unless it's just to pad your "Like" count.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8852898].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alanas
    Jason, yes, that is exactly why I now am investing in getting likes from 3rd world countries. I am using this banwork's guide: http://www.warriorforum.com/social-m...nversions.html

    Have you tested it?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8851086].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jasondinner
      Originally Posted by Alanas View Post

      Jason, yes, that is exactly why I now am investing in getting likes from 3rd world countries. I am using this banwork's guide: http://www.warriorforum.com/social-m...nversions.html

      Have you tested it?
      I started my fan page with top tier and 2nd tier countries, but part of my monetization would yield maximum revenues if I just stuck with US and Canada.

      I didn't just want to pad my likes. I wanted and still want potential buyers and/or action takers I can get paid on.

      Not much of that in 3rd world countries, but I do see value in the strategy.

      I just go right for the jugular. Lots of things you can do once you have any amount of fans on a fan page.
      Signature

      "Human thoughts have the tendency to transform themselves into their physical equivalent." Earl Nightingale

      Super Affiliates Hang Out Here

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8851133].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alanas
    I see.

    I have added AdSense to my landing page / blog, but here's the thing: 1 click gets me only 0.1 Eur. Is it because clicks are coming from 3rd world countries (Bangladesh, for example) and not from The West?

    Also, out of 64 page views my ads got 4 clicks. I know is waaay too small sample size, but, provided that click rate remains the same, CTR of 6.35% would be good, right?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8851249].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alanas
    You mean like Easter Europe? That actually is a good idea. A middle ground, so to speak.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8853060].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alanas
    My CPS link has been clicked 150 times and still no buys. Should I be concerned? My page has 3.4 k likes, mainly form 3rd world countries..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8857446].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alanas
    Hello again, guys.

    I am wondering if my AdSense results from blog are good. Is my CTR decent? What about CPC? It is in weight loss niche. View image: Paint

    Also, why there is a difference between my page visits that are shown in my blog stats and page views that are shown in AdSense stats? For example, blogger says that my page views yesterday were 103, but AdSense show that there were only 35 views. Shouldn't they be the same thing?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8873274].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dc53123
    Took my 5 minutes to build... to get likes... couple months.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8873543].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author searchnology
    Signature
    Google's Keyword Tool is Gone!..You will NEED this! - Watch Demo that Uncovers 1000s of KEYWORDS Other Tools Miss! »


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9062137].message }}

Trending Topics