Facebook ad - High CTR but high cost per click??

6 replies
Hey guys. I`m running my first Facebook campaign right now, and I`m a bit confused about something. I`ve seen in some courses on Facebook advertising that you can get really cheap clicks (like 1 cent or half a cent) if you get a high CTR. Well, my campaign has had around 12% CTR - but my clicks have been costing 6 or 7 cents per click. So I`m wondering what factors are affecting the price.

The campaign targets an audience of 72,000 in Japan, and is for a popular animated character`s fan page. For some reason it`s quite hard to input interests in Japanese - there are few interest results that appear in Japanese, so the interests I selected were only the name of this character and the name of one other similar character. I`ve been shifting my budget between $5 and $10 a day.

Is there anything in there that could be increasing the cost per click up even though the CTR is quite high?

Thanks, I appreciate any help or advice.
#click #cost #ctr #facebook #high
  • Profile picture of the author R1987x
    Hey,

    How long has your campaign been running?
    If you get a high CTR you should see a lower CPC soon.

    It is just like Google Adwords, it takes a few days before you reach the lowest CPC possible.
    Signature
    If you wish to contact me, please use visitor messaging on my profile instead of PMing, thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8839551].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Hyaku_Man
      Originally Posted by R1987x View Post

      Hey,

      How long has your campaign been running?
      If you get a high CTR you should see a lower CPC soon.

      It is just like Google Adwords, it takes a few days before you reach the lowest CPC possible.
      It`s been about 4 days. It seems like the CTR is starting to slip, so maybe I`ve exhausted the target. Maybe it`s too small of a niche to continue getting a high CTR for very long.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8840866].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author stephenadamson
    you can use coupons which will be good and cheap way
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8839599].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jasondinner
    I get the lure of penny clicks, but .06 - .07 cpc isn't really that high.

    Expand your target and you may be able to lower your cpc.

    Also if you don't want to expand your target, work your bid down.

    Just don't go too low or they wont send you any traffic.

    I have a campaign I was running that started at .11 cpc, and I now am getting the same clicks for the same target for .06. However this is after tens of thousands of clicks and my target is much bigger.

    However, the approach is the same.
    Signature

    "Human thoughts have the tendency to transform themselves into their physical equivalent." Earl Nightingale

    Super Affiliates Hang Out Here

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8839726].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Hyaku_Man
      Originally Posted by jasondinner View Post

      I get the lure of penny clicks, but .06 - .07 cpc isn't really that high.

      Expand your target and you may be able to lower your cpc.

      Also if you don't want to expand your target, work your bid down.

      Just don't go too low or they wont send you any traffic.

      I have a campaign I was running that started at .11 cpc, and I now am getting the same clicks for the same target for .06. However this is after tens of thousands of clicks and my target is much bigger.

      However, the approach is the same.

      Thanks for the reply. So by bid down you mean using manual CPC? I left the default setting for a campaign to get likes, so it`s set on optimized CPM.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8840858].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jasondinner
        Originally Posted by Hyaku_Man View Post

        Thanks for the reply. So by bid down you mean using manual CPC? I left the default setting for a campaign to get likes, so it`s set on optimized CPM.
        You can still do manual cpc bidding

        Also, since you're doing CPM, make sure you keep an eye on it bc one day Facebook will decide to jack your CPM up so that clicks are costing you $.50 or more
        Signature

        "Human thoughts have the tendency to transform themselves into their physical equivalent." Earl Nightingale

        Super Affiliates Hang Out Here

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8840890].message }}

Trending Topics