9+ Million Fans on my FB Fan Page - Best Way to Monetize?

23 replies
For the last 4 years i've been building up my FB fan page. I currently have over 9 Million real likes. The users are highly engaged, liking, sharing, and commenting on every post. I have two trusted VA's who add content according to my instructions.

I don't want to risk having the page deleted by FB for asking questions about it here so I won't provide any unnecessary info that could identify it.

The niche is a general/funny niche of images with captions. The fans are very broad, men and women from all ages and backgrounds.

In it's entire life I have only once tried monetizing it, and that was last week, I posted a bizopp cpa offer that made me $300 in a few hours. I rather not promote CPA offers on the page and would rather build a list.

I know I can build a massive list if I pick a niche, but I don't know how to start, what niche should I use?

Should I try weight loss since that's a big market and bound to get lots of signups for a free ebook?

I would appreciate any advice from anyone who's an experienced list builder and email marketer on what they would do if they were in my situation.
#fan #fans #million #monetize #page
  • Profile picture of the author jerytohn
    I think it will be easier to find answers if you can list the rough demographics of your fans.
    Signature

    Good Day People! This is my fav search engine: Google

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8890867].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author AdamPayne
      As was said, we would need more info on the demographics of your fans.

      What makes you think a weight loss niche would work? In any case, weight loss is too broad.

      But the narrower you get, the more focussed your page would ned to be, and if it is all about funny images and the like, you have no way to know if they would be into weight loss or not.

      You could do some Tee-Spring campaigns to make bit of $$ but I know that is not list building.

      Tell us more and we can help more :-)
      Signature

      Discover the only A-Z of Video Marketing and for your content, check this out: Premium Video and Full PLR Packs - Free $4,961 case study

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8890875].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author BusinessPartner
        Originally Posted by AdamPayne View Post

        As was said, we would need more info on the demographics of your fans.

        What makes you think a weight loss niche would work? In any case, weight loss is too broad.

        But the narrower you get, the more focussed your page would ned to be, and if it is all about funny images and the like, you have no way to know if they would be into weight loss or not.

        You could do some Tee-Spring campaigns to make bit of $$ but I know that is not list building.

        Tell us more and we can help more :-)
        What made me think weight loss would work is the fact that there is a big obesity problem in the US. It's the only broad market I can think of collecting a list for that would more than likely get the most amount of interest from the fanbase.

        I couldn't do anything like learn guitar, or dog training, or anything else that is very specific to be targeted.

        I was hoping someone had some ideas about how I could generate these fans into a business outside of facebook in case my page ever got deleted.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8890887].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BusinessPartner
      Originally Posted by jerytohn View Post

      I think it will be easier to find answers if you can list the rough demographics of your fans.

      Way too broad to pick anything in particular. Equal amounts of men and women of all ages and demographics. The vast majority, 90% are located within the US.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8890879].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Christopherson
    with around 9 million fans I don't see why you can't generate different niche lists over time? Maybe lightly promote one niche a month along with your original content? Also go for the big holiday niches as well (valentines, easter, ect)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8890976].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BusinessPartner
    It would be too much work to manage lists of multiple niches for someone who is new to email marketing. I just want to pick one niche and make a big list to start things off with.

    Not sure what niche to get into though that would be good with such a broad audience. Apparently the bizoop/make money online one converts well, I think it would be more trouble than anything though to manage a list in this niche with newbie FB users.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8890989].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author hugo112
      If you are interested in promoting my dog niche page - https://www.facebook.com/Ilovedogs4?ref=hl - please PM a price as I am looking to build up more likes to my page
      Signature

      Social media & SEO expert.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8891036].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author BusinessPartner
        Originally Posted by hugo112 View Post

        If you are interested in promoting my dog niche page - https://www.facebook.com/Ilovedogs4?ref=hl - please PM a price as I am looking to build up more likes to my page

        Sorry bro, i'm not interested in promoting other pages. I'm interested in building a list with my current fans.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8891049].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author hugo112
          Originally Posted by BusinessPartner View Post

          Sorry bro, i'm not interested in promoting other pages. I'm interested in building a list with my current fans.
          Build a landing page with an opt-in. If you don't know how to ou can hire someone from www.odesk.com

          For your mailing list I would suggest you to use mailchimp. Good luck
          Signature

          Social media & SEO expert.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8891072].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author BusinessPartner
            Originally Posted by hugo112 View Post

            Build a landing page with an opt-in. If you don't know how to ou can hire someone from www.odesk.com

            For your mailing list I would suggest you to use mailchimp. Good luck
            Cool, I have Aweber, been using Odesk for a few years now for many different projects, and have PLR squeeze pages for many different niches.

            What I wonder is if I make a status post on my fan page for any niche, and get signups, would these people be even half as valuable to a list, than say, people who would of signed up and joined that list through a targeted SEO search for keywords relating to the niche?

            In the first example I am promoting to them, they will sign up if they have any interest in the niche.

            In the second example, they are actively searching google for the niche, finding the web page, and opting in.

            I think by far the 2nd type of subscriber is more valuable. The question is if the first type is even worth going after.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8891479].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jblews
    Why not do both? A conversion becomes a conversion, right? With 9million likes and an active, engaging community, your monetization potential is way out there, so use as many methods as possible, niche doesn't matter, to test if your users will go beyond FB for conversions.

    Can you categorize your images in any way? I ask this meaning, just for your own categories? Maybe see which of your defined categories get the most engagement, and then start there for niche offers and conversions from opt-ins.

    Start a few forms of opt-in, including inside of FB, and a few landing pages (leadpages is great to get something up and running, but as mentioned, you can find someone on the cheap for this as well) - I say a few to a/b test, per niche.

    With your page also being active, split the users into mobile and non, and your niche ideas might become even more relevant as you look at the tools your users use as well as those pre-defined categories you made up.

    Also, when you post onto Facebook, are you uploading the picks, or using the like-share method (the FB OCards from your website)?

    I would stay away from any offers that have zero authority or value to your users. Being thought of as posting spam could lead to fewer engagement of your page (both on your page and in news feeds).

    If it is that general, and you having trouble, as mentioned, you could go with holidays, common categories, trending topics and the like. Without knowing a lot more, it's difficult to give a correct idea about a niche to hit upon.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8892053].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BusinessPartner
      Originally Posted by jblews View Post

      Why not do both? A conversion becomes a conversion, right? With 9million likes and an active, engaging community, your monetization potential is way out there, so use as many methods as possible, niche doesn't matter, to test if your users will go beyond FB for conversions.

      Can you categorize your images in any way? I ask this meaning, just for your own categories? Maybe see which of your defined categories get the most engagement, and then start there for niche offers and conversions from opt-ins.

      Start a few forms of opt-in, including inside of FB, and a few landing pages (leadpages is great to get something up and running, but as mentioned, you can find someone on the cheap for this as well) - I say a few to a/b test, per niche.

      With your page also being active, split the users into mobile and non, and your niche ideas might become even more relevant as you look at the tools your users use as well as those pre-defined categories you made up.

      Also, when you post onto Facebook, are you uploading the picks, or using the like-share method (the FB OCards from your website)?

      I would stay away from any offers that have zero authority or value to your users. Being thought of as posting spam could lead to fewer engagement of your page (both on your page and in news feeds).

      If it is that general, and you having trouble, as mentioned, you could go with holidays, common categories, trending topics and the like. Without knowing a lot more, it's difficult to give a correct idea about a niche to hit upon.
      Some good advice, thanks. There is really no way to categorize my images. They are pretty random and have something to do about nothing, or something to do about anything. Whatever way you choose to look at it lol.

      The only issue I have with common categories and holiday stuff is it won't build a targeted and sustainable long term business from the fans. Something I am looking to achieve.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8892691].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yoangov
    Is there any specific niche your page is about? $300 from one post is a great success. Currently there is a very nice promo for netflix free trial, check it out.

    Also building a list is probably your best bet. You can make some lifestyle blog and promote CPA/Amazon products with great returns.

    Any info on demographics?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8892087].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Slab
    Someone made $1k in 3 days with mylikes with 600k fans.
    Signature

    Sweet dreams are made of this, who am I to disagree?

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8892091].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MaxFreedom
    Do you have a website? Start "archiving" things to your site if you are afraid of losing the FB page. Get users weened off of FB by "promoting" your website more. Offer bigger/better/exclusive things on your site that they can't get on FB. (GIFs?)

    You said funny images, etc., so I can't help but think of:
    I Can Has Cheezburger? - Lolcats n Funny Pictures - funny pictures - Cheezburger
    https://www.facebook.com/Cheezburger
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8892175].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author the_icon
    Originally Posted by BusinessPartner View Post

    For the last 4 years i've been building up my FB fan page. I currently have over 9 Million real likes. The users are highly engaged, liking, sharing, and commenting on every post. I have two trusted VA's who add content according to my instructions.

    I don't want to risk having the page deleted by FB for asking questions about it here so I won't provide any unnecessary info that could identify it.

    The niche is a general/funny niche of images with captions. The fans are very broad, men and women from all ages and backgrounds.

    In it's entire life I have only once tried monetizing it, and that was last week, I posted a bizopp cpa offer that made me $300 in a few hours. I rather not promote CPA offers on the page and would rather build a list.

    I know I can build a massive list if I pick a niche, but I don't know how to start, what niche should I use?

    Should I try weight loss since that's a big market and bound to get lots of signups for a free ebook?

    I would appreciate any advice from anyone who's an experienced list builder and email marketer on what they would do if they were in my situation.
    So we can assume that this thread that you started is related to something completely different? It seems like both ask for the same help and both mention a CPA offer, however this thread mentions you only tried it last week and the thread below is dated June 2013.

    http://www.warriorforum.com/ad-netwo...mail-list.html

    Also FB wont delete your page just because you are "asking questions" about how to monetize it.

    I appreciate that you want to keep its identity secret however tbh it smells like BS especially after reading the other thread. Maybe its just me being sceptical

    In the event it isnt BS then here is my 2 cents.

    You have 9m fans built up, apparently, without monetization in mind. I say not in mind because had you wanted to monetize from the outset then you would have done it by now. Lets face it, how many IM'ers would let a page get to 9m before monetizing lol

    The trouble you have now is that you have, like you say, a small country in terms of fans. You have fat, slim, short, tall, black, white, sporty, geeky, and the ever popular male/female lol. One niche wont cover all, although neither will several niches.

    Heres the killer though that no one has mentioned. Yes, you will be able to build a massive list in whatever niche you pick. However there is no chance it will be a buying list. Ask any true marketer if they would prefer a list of 10000 niche fans or a list of 500 buying fans. If they dont say the latter then they havent got a clue about sustainable marketing.

    By all means get your list. Like you said, ebook or something similar. Ensure its quality though because these people who click through for it would have likely seen it before if its rehashed PLR. Weight loss is a big niche because people need help on it and they are likely to click on an abundance of ads to get what they want, or see as the big fix.

    Once you have that list, then market to it and anyone that buys then get them transferred to another list, namely a buyers list. That way you are not wasting yours and theirs time by emailing them when theyre not interested.

    Remember a list is good. A buying list is golden. With 9m fans you shouldnt fail.

    However you really should be directing them to a website. These "funnies" you post on FB. Why not have a website, say a vine site, hosting them. Have them click through etc. That way you can monetize the shit out of the website without alienating the FB page?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8892577].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BusinessPartner
      Originally Posted by the_icon View Post

      So we can assume that this thread that you started is related to something completely different? It seems like both ask for the same help and both mention a CPA offer, however this thread mentions you only tried it last week and the thread below is dated June 2013.

      http://www.warriorforum.com/ad-netwo...mail-list.html

      Also FB wont delete your page just because you are "asking questions" about how to monetize it.

      I appreciate that you want to keep its identity secret however tbh it smells like BS especially after reading the other thread. Maybe its just me being sceptical

      In the event it isnt BS then here is my 2 cents.

      You have 9m fans built up, apparently, without monetization in mind. I say not in mind because had you wanted to monetize from the outset then you would have done it by now. Lets face it, how many IM'ers would let a page get to 9m before monetizing lol

      The trouble you have now is that you have, like you say, a small country in terms of fans. You have fat, slim, short, tall, black, white, sporty, geeky, and the ever popular male/female lol. One niche wont cover all, although neither will several niches.

      Heres the killer though that no one has mentioned. Yes, you will be able to build a massive list in whatever niche you pick. However there is no chance it will be a buying list. Ask any true marketer if they would prefer a list of 10000 niche fans or a list of 500 buying fans. If they dont say the latter then they havent got a clue about sustainable marketing.

      By all means get your list. Like you said, ebook or something similar. Ensure its quality though because these people who click through for it would have likely seen it before if its rehashed PLR. Weight loss is a big niche because people need help on it and they are likely to click on an abundance of ads to get what they want, or see as the big fix.

      Once you have that list, then market to it and anyone that buys then get them transferred to another list, namely a buyers list. That way you are not wasting yours and theirs time by emailing them when theyre not interested.

      Remember a list is good. A buying list is golden. With 9m fans you shouldnt fail.

      However you really should be directing them to a website. These "funnies" you post on FB. Why not have a website, say a vine site, hosting them. Have them click through etc. That way you can monetize the shit out of the website without alienating the FB page?
      You answered your own question. That other thread is completely unrelated to this one. Like I said, i've only done 1 cpa offer post on this fan page. The reason I haven't monetized it yet is because I didn't want to do anything to jeopardize it getting deleted or having the rate at which it was virally growing bigger slow down. I've also always had and continue to have side projects going at the same time. Some of which have recently become less lucrative as they once were.

      The problem you explain is exactly the ordeal I am having. I can potentially build a massive list in any nice. But it will not be a list of buyers, or hard core enthusiasts of that niche. You have a good recommendation though, build the list big and then further segment the buyers away to a separate list. It looks like as of now that's my best option.

      Thanks for the advice.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8892704].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author RyanLeonard
        Stick with entertainment.

        Out of 9 million fans, I'm willing to bet you have some sports fans. Find them.
        Signature
        the hottest KINDLE CASE STUDY of 2015 - FREE - NO OPTIN NEEDED!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8892830].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author James Fame
    How are the clickthrough rates to sites? How about second-tier CTRs?

    One possible method is to find advertisers who wish to post things on your page. You can then "disguise" the message and make it related somehow to your page.

    They're in rabid mode - you could funnel them into sales funnels. Try free giveaways - a free ebook that they'd want to know. Then upsell it.


    James
    Signature

    Fire me a pm if you have a question. I build businesses and provide consulting. I do not do finance/money/internet marketing niches. Fitness, self-improvement and various others are welcome.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8892758].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author the_icon
    Its a simple technique that most list builders dont actually do. They dont realise that a list is not necessarily a buying list.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8892829].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author web genius
    impressive having such a fan page..few days back even i started a fb page and working hard for it...but i am running the page about local movies which run around in my region of india...if i get the page to have around 3+ million likes would that be enough to make some money..as everyone here were referring to demographics of fans...would a fan page such that help me
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8893024].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ZedyDiamond
    9+ million fans, that's awesome!
    I would build a landing page with opt-in. You can make a lot of money if you're doing it right.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8893571].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author NetCram
    9 million + fans? I think most of us would like advise from you. lol. Ever thought of building your own forum or community? Facebook is great but you don't own that page and facebook can be a bit fickle. You could direct those followers to your own social site and build a list at the same time. Also monetization opportunities would be endless.

    And with 9 million like even if only 10% converted you'd still be pretty successful.
    Signature
    Create Amazing eCovers (WITHOUT Photoshop!)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8893729].message }}

Trending Topics