Social Media Marketers, how are you dealing with Facebooks change in reach?

7 replies
Those of you who built business around marketing on Facebook for yourselves or have a business providing services for businesses to reach customers via FB what are you doing now that FB have changed visibility? From what I have seen "Fan Page" reach has dropped anywhere from 50-80% for pages owners. I have seen many articles on this where one on Business Insider suggested the change has killed a small growing industry of marketers.


While I appreciate responses I am not interested to hear "we have been here before" types of responses. I want to hear from folks who made it their business to market their business or made it a business offering to market others on FB who have taken a hit to traffic etc. I admin on a page that had incredible reach with 130K followers but "talking about" was triple that and reach was in the millions. That is all gone now with the algorithm change.(Im sorry for security reasons I cannot divulge the name of the page)

Is marketing on FB Fan Page dead? If so where are you going now to gain a following?
#change #dealing #facebooks #marketers #media #reach #social
  • Profile picture of the author NRE
    You can still get extreme results on Facebook. Check out what this reviewer does for new page likes on Facebook:
    FYI, I get most of my traffic from Tumblr. The youngsters who made this social network extremely big are now becoming adults, which means they control more and more money.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8896669].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BMartin1776
      Originally Posted by NRE View Post

      You can still get extreme results on Facebook. Check out what this reviewer does for new page likes on Facebook: MonsterSocial Facebook Bot In Depth Review - YouTube

      FYI, I get most of my traffic from Tumblr. The youngsters who made this social network extremely big are now becoming adults, which means they control more and more money.
      What kind of traffic are we talking about? I have tumblr but dont use it, recently set up google plus page too not sure how one would market political content on either
      Signature

      Stop playing their game and start playing your game...
      Saving the Republic Through The Art of Political Guerrilla Warfare

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8896747].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jasondinner
    Originally Posted by BMartin1776 View Post


    [/SIZE]

    Is marketing on FB Fan Page dead? If so where are you going now to gain a following?
    No, you just need more fans to get the same reach it used to take with less.

    Also, you can get cheaper traffic by promoting posts so your page can still be useful to drive traffic off the fan page and onto your own properties or as an affiliate.
    Signature

    "Human thoughts have the tendency to transform themselves into their physical equivalent." Earl Nightingale

    Super Affiliates Hang Out Here

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8896700].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BMartin1776
      Originally Posted by jasondinner View Post

      No, you just need more fans to get the same reach it used to take with less.

      Also, you can get cheaper traffic by promoting posts so your page can still be useful to drive traffic off the fan page and onto your own properties or as an affiliate.
      Can you expand on this? Im really desperate for traffic to my website and dont have the $$ to buy ads.
      Signature

      Stop playing their game and start playing your game...
      Saving the Republic Through The Art of Political Guerrilla Warfare

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8896743].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HQscripts
    Facebook is now adding ''Pages Feed'' menu, and soon will remove the pages feeds from news feed, will need to buy ads to get the page posts in news feed
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8896725].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Cosei
    BMartin1776,

    If You have an autoresponder, you should try as much as possible to get the people from your fanpage onto your list and then you can send them updates through email along with the fanpage updates and also give them the other platform that you have (Twitter,Tumblr, etc) so they can connect with your site there also
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8901201].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BMartin1776
      Originally Posted by Cosei View Post

      BMartin1776,

      If You have an autoresponder, you should try as much as possible to get the people from your fanpage onto your list and then you can send them updates through email along with the fanpage updates and also give them the other platform that you have (Twitter,Tumblr, etc) so they can connect with your site there also
      whats an autoresponder?

      Everyday things get worse on FB my reach is next to zero at this point. Please is there anyone out there that will help me? I am not a marketing person most of this is as foreign to me as maybe repairing a car, or building something is to you. I really need help my site is DEAD at this point I am broke unemployed b/c of this economy this is all I have left... PLEASE HELP ME!
      Signature

      Stop playing their game and start playing your game...
      Saving the Republic Through The Art of Political Guerrilla Warfare

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8950418].message }}

Trending Topics