Facebook Custom Audience and Teespring

by mesmerist 26 replies
Does anyone know if custom audience is allowed for teespring if it's not promoting names or age campaigns?
#social media #audience #custom #facebook #teespring
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author globalexperts
    Hey man! It's allowed as long as you're NOT targeting names and birth years. I use custom audiences targeting surfers and dentist and they still work well for me.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9144093].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author steveka
      Originally Posted by globalexperts View Post

      Hey man! It's allowed as long as you're NOT targeting names and birth years. I use custom audiences targeting surfers and dentist and they still work well for me.
      I used last names and birth years countless times without a problem and never met one who got banned because of that. I did talk to someone who got banned for using a first name though.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9153793].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author maui1127
        Originally Posted by steveka View Post

        I used last names and birth years countless times without a problem and never met one who got banned because of that. I did talk to someone who got banned for using a first name though.
        Did your CA targeting same last name still works at this moment May 01, 2014 ?. FB just caught me in this morning and turn disapproved all my running ads
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9154809].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Genycis
        Originally Posted by steveka View Post

        I used last names and birth years countless times without a problem and never met one who got banned because of that. I did talk to someone who got banned for using a first name though.
        I actually had my ad approved for a while on a last name, and eventually the ad impressions stopped... and then the disapproved ad notice came for it too. They don't want names targeted, period, from what I'm understanding, though there are still people doing it as I see lots of newer name campaigns on teeview that are still making money... guess they haven't got banned yet but the hammer will probably get them soon enough as well.
        Signature
        Genycis
        -- Absorbing & implementing. Need hip hop beats for your business needs? Hit me up!
        -- Posting my experiences and so forth with my own blog.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9155073].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mesmerist
    Thanks Global!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9144430].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JCorp
    They work, but be very careful if you don't have permission to contact them as it's currently against FB TOS to upload CA's that you don't own, or have rights to contact such as; your own email list, customer lists, your own data.

    Yes, many, many, many people are doing it... some have been caught, some have been given warnings, some were banned... many haven't been caught.

    So it's a game that you have to weigh for yourself if it's worth it for you or not.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9144616].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mesmerist
      Originally Posted by JCorp View Post

      They work, but be very careful if you don't have permission to contact them as it's currently against FB TOS to upload CA's that you don't own, or have rights to contact such as; your own email list, customer lists, your own data.

      Yes, many, many, many people are doing it... some have been caught, some have been given warnings, some were banned... many haven't been caught.

      So it's a game that you have to weigh for yourself if it's worth it for you or not.
      This is exactly why I'm having doubts about using CA. Thanks JCorp!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9144737].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author badlimey
      Originally Posted by JCorp View Post

      They work, but be very careful if you don't have permission to contact them as it's currently against FB TOS to upload CA's that you don't own, or have rights to contact such as; your own email list, customer lists, your own data.

      Yes, many, many, many people are doing it... some have been caught, some have been given warnings, some were banned... many haven't been caught.

      So it's a game that you have to weigh for yourself if it's worth it for you or not.
      Are you including scraped user ID's as a violation of the FB TOS in your comment? I am trying to determine if products like Social Lead Freak are worth the investment. Thanks
      Signature

      Barrie Featherstone
      Recovering nicely from my unexpected heart attack and Quintuple Bypass Surgery. Life's too short, do it right.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9147617].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author HyperVyper
      What do you mean "CA"? I'm sorry I'm not familiar with some abbreviations.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9150296].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author CyberAlien
        Originally Posted by HyperVyper View Post

        What do you mean "CA"? I'm sorry I'm not familiar with some abbreviations.
        CA = Custom Audience
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9150301].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author kellter
        Originally Posted by HyperVyper View Post

        What do you mean "CA"? I'm sorry I'm not familiar with some abbreviations.
        Custom Audience for Facebook advertising.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9150303].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JCorp
    If you read the current and updated FB TOS, you'll see that you can target age in the FB Targeting section, but they don't want you calling people out... for EX: "You're 21 and it's time to drink." (just an example)

    Or you're not suppose to call out their name... EX: "Clara, this is for you"

    If you haven't got caught yet, it'll happen. They're cracking down on this.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9154104].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dicbo
    yes you can still do last name campaign but you cannot direct link to your Teespring campaign, you need to redirect your traffic once you ads is approved using something like prosper 202, domain re-direct or you can even just send your traffic to your facebook page. Here is a link to the tutorial for more info 3 sneaky ways to get any Teespring campaigns approved on Facebook - Teespring Expert

    cheers
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9156159].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author anguschkong
      I don't even place a link.
      I just post an image and use CA for page post engagement. The ads is still disapproved.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9156179].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author anguschkong
        Originally Posted by anguschkong View Post

        I don't even place a link.
        I just post an image and use CA for page post engagement. The ads is still disapproved.
        PS: i am not even targeting name
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9156223].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author globalexperts
          Originally Posted by anguschkong View Post

          PS: i am not even targeting name
          Try to contact Facebook support to clarify things then... I never had any problems getting my Teespring ads approved. They normally get approved within 5 minutes, except for the name campaigns I made in the past.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9156311].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author maui1127
      Originally Posted by dicbo View Post

      yes you can still do last name campaign but you cannot direct link to your Teespring campaign, you need to redirect your traffic once you ads is approved using something like prosper 202, domain re-direct or you can even just send your traffic to your facebook page. Here is a link to the tutorial for more info 3 sneaky ways to get any Teespring campaigns approved on Facebook - Teespring Expert

      cheers
      I guess right now eventhough you don't direct the link in your teespring campaign facebook won't still approved it once you used custom audience targeting same name. Mine just caught yesterday May 1 and all my active campaign gets disapproval.

      I would like to ask if this tricks still works to you?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9156195].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author 1cpawarrior
    It's not technically 'allowed' unless you have the rights to target that audience (eg - they gave you prior permission).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9156204].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author maui1127
      Originally Posted by 1cpawarrior View Post

      It's not technically 'allowed' unless you have the rights to target that audience (eg - they gave you prior permission).
      Is this really possible ?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9156573].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author globalexperts
    I've talked to some people who are still using CA's targeting names. They often create multiple Facebook accounts because their accounts usually get banned.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9163785].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author clalit
    Avoid from "Names" campaigns
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9220022].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hentrymik
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9421451].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mikeaslk99
    if someone can clarify since i am new to the idea of scraping and using uids as a custom audience.. i know obviiusly scrapers are against tos. so are people caught because the facebooks knows that an individual used a scraper because it is web based? or because the indivifual uploaded uid's as a custom audience? or does facebook automatically assume if i upload uid for custom audience i used a scraper? i ask because i heard softwares that scrap dont work anymore as well as facebook knows when u use them to scrape because they are web based and therefore ban your account. in which case can i just pay someone on fiverr to scrape for me then do a custom audience that way?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9434837].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics