12 replies
soo this is my first facebook ad, after i learn here so much
i thought i got the idea...but the ad was lame =/
i wanted to know WHAT else i can do to improve my ads?
my friend that got prog that "steal" like from groups made
me some targeted audience, i think my copy was OK not best
but still it's ok
where do you think i need focus on to improve?

#bad #facebook #haristo first time #newbie
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9274572].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Andrew Servis
      What type of ad is it - newsfeed, right hand side etc?

      Pricing - CPC, CPM etc?

      Time range of ad 2, 3, 5 days?

      Putting a link above and below pic seems to be most effective for people I've seen doing ads before, and also, the 'average and ordinary' theme might seem a bit of a slap in the face for some readers - almost - if that makes sense?

      The rule is if you get lots of click through but low conversions it is wrong offer for audience.

      If low click through it the design of AD. Think of the flow in reverse - one should compliment the other: Offer > Ad > Audience - should be targeted.

      Andrew
      Signature
      Follow my journey through the IM world, including what it's really like on John Thornhill's Partnership to Success program:

      http://www.andrewservis.com/?id=wfsig
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9274613].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Haristo
        Originally Posted by Andrew Servis View Post

        What type of ad is it - newsfeed, right hand side etc?

        Pricing - CPC, CPM etc?

        Time range of ad 2, 3, 5 days?

        Putting a link above and below pic seems to be most effective for people I've seen doing ads before, and also, the 'average and ordinary' theme might seem a bit of a slap in the face for some readers - almost - if that makes sense?

        The rule is if you get lots of click through but low conversions it is wrong offer for audience.

        If low click through it the design of AD. Think of the flow in reverse - one should compliment the other: Offer > Ad > Audience - should be targeted.

        Andrew
        the pricing is cpc that was on air for 3 days.
        If i want to promote some lead affilate programe, the link that you get are vey long, how it impossible to put it on the description??
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9279631].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Haristo
    facebook will approve that?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9274576].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author akiradelatief
    cannot give any advice for this, newbies here...
    i'll just want to see this good information and hear what will other forum member said about your facebook ad..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9285176].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Haristo
    after some time trying improve my ad i have some q.
    1 - when you targeting groups on facebook you add
    countries or just by group?
    when i use only by groups the bids are much much
    lower..
    2 - you told me that i can try put link in the ad description
    but if the link is very long how can i implement that?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9302051].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Haristo
      after some time trying improve my ad i have some q.
      1 - when you targeting groups on facebook you add
      countries or just by group?
      when i use only by groups the bids are much much
      lower..
      2 - you told me that i can try put link in the ad description
      but if the link is very long how can i implement that?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9317793].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SebastianAiden
    This is my personal opinion.

    You have an ad that says How Average and Ordinary can be Sexy. The issue is that the woman you are showing in the ad is not average or ordinary. She is not an average or ordinary woman who is sexy. She is a gorgeous woman who doesn't need help being sexy. If I was a woman, I wouldn't click on that ad. I don't think many of my friends who are women would click on that ad either.

    Maybe find a woman who isn't a supermodel already for your ad picture.
    Signature

    Into Personal Growth? Check out my website Personal Growth 4 Life
    and my website page with info about my memoir of mental illness.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9302197].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Haristo
      Originally Posted by SebastianAiden View Post

      This is my personal opinion.

      You have an ad that says How Average and Ordinary can be Sexy. The issue is that the woman you are showing in the ad is not average or ordinary. She is not an average or ordinary woman who is sexy. She is a gorgeous woman who doesn't need help being sexy. If I was a woman, I wouldn't click on that ad. I don't think many of my friends who are women would click on that ad either.

      Maybe find a woman who isn't a supermodel already for your ad picture.
      WOW great tip, i didn't realize that!!!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9302211].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JulieWhite
    You have precise interests all mixed up.

    Instead, group closely related ones and split them into different Ads.

    So your structure would be like: Campaign Name > Ad Set Name > Ads (each ads will be targeting audience with different precise interests).

    Why do this? Because otherwise you will never know which audience is performing best and which one is not.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9317819].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Haristo
      Originally Posted by JulieWhite View Post

      You have precise interests all mixed up.

      Instead, group closely related ones and split them into different Ads.

      So your structure would be like: Campaign Name > Ad Set Name > Ads (each ads will be targeting audience with different precise interests).

      Why do this? Because otherwise you will never know which audience is performing best and which one is not.
      sorry but i don't understand =/ can YOU show me example?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9317945].message }}

Trending Topics