Pinterest and Amazon..

10 replies
Anybody doing well with Pinterest and Amazon?
#amazon #pinterest
  • Profile picture of the author axus_auto
    Who here uses Amazon Associates and Pinterest?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9473987].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SebastianAiden
      I've never done it before. I did a little poking around on the web and I guess Pinterest has cracked down on Amazon Affiliate a little bit. Supposedly they strip the Amazon Affiliate Url when you put it in the location url so instead of clicking through to the amazon site and you getting the referral, you won't get anything. If you could find an affiliate for fashion I am sure you can do quite well.
      Signature

      Into Personal Growth? Check out my website Personal Growth 4 Life
      and my website page with info about my memoir of mental illness.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9474632].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author elusian
    What if you use a link cloaking plugin?
    Signature
    [$1000 Commissions] Watch this webinar to find out how to earn $1000 Commissions straight to Your Paypal Account.. http://www.BUYDFYCOM
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9474637].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kixstart
    You should create a blog with Amazon ads or you can buy a domain and redirect it, not sure if it's okay to do that tough.
    Signature

    Marketing is all you need to survive :)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9475345].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author axus_auto
      Originally Posted by SebastianAiden View Post

      I've never done it before. I did a little poking around on the web and I guess Pinterest has cracked down on Amazon Affiliate a little bit. Supposedly they strip the Amazon Affiliate Url when you put it in the location url so instead of clicking through to the amazon site and you getting the referral, you won't get anything. If you could find an affiliate for fashion I am sure you can do quite well.
      Originally Posted by elusian View Post

      What if you use a link cloaking plugin?
      Originally Posted by Kixstart View Post

      You should create a blog with Amazon ads or you can buy a domain and redirect it, not sure if it's okay to do that tough.
      The ones I see on Pinterest post products onto their sites and then pin to Pinterest boards. Linking straight with the images is almost definitely not a good idea.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9475553].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author RoniShwartz
        Originally Posted by axus_auto View Post

        The ones I see on Pinterest post products onto their sites and then pin to Pinterest boards. Linking straight with the images is almost definitely not a good idea.
        That's what I do too... I create a page on my website / blog, which contains Amazon affiliate links (a page about recommended Greek recipe books, for example...), and then I pin from that page - Not directly from Amazon
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9476299].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author saulmaraney
    I like the idea, just trying to work out the correct way
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9476032].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author master reseller
    The days of linking directly to Amazon are over. As usual, a few really good and prolific spammers over used this method which ruined it for everyone else who might have only casually used this technique. As was mentioned previously, if you create a page on your website about the product, you can just as easily link to it without fear of getting your Pinterest account banned. If you don't have a site or blog, you might set up a Tumblr or Facebook page, specifically for this purpose and link to posts.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9478051].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author toddchaney
    I have always liked pinterest more than amazon. Linking direct to the images is fair enough I guess.
    Signature

    RedFlag Notification System

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9478115].message }}

Trending Topics