They asked me to share my story and some tips here with you, and invite you to ask any questions you might have for me to help you grow your business, profits and traffic.
I've been doing this for about 10 years now so might have something helpful or interesting that can help you breakthrough to the next level.
I'm also going to be sharing an important lesson and story on growing your business live this Monday 7th Nov.
How I Started...
I started with zero experience in my early twenties and I spent about 2 years failing and struggling trying all sorts of business ideas. To make so little financial progress for so long was disappointing. If you've ever worked really hard at something only to make no or little progress and look like an idiot to friends and family, then you'll know how that feels.
I ended up on unemployment benefits as a result of pig headed determination to have an online business and do nothing else but that. After a taste working in a call centre I refused to get a real job. Wherever you are right now in your online venture, the most important thing is to keep pushing forward, because it truly is worth the effort.
Those multiple failures did not stop me...
I was learning a lot and put in a huge amount of work every day, working 70-100+ hour weeks. My friends thought I was nuts, and some told me to give it up as I was not making much money and struggled to pay bills.
My first success that got me to $100/day online and beyond was blogging & viral marketing (which happened to work really well for SEO too). I learned this by taking a freelance gig as a blogger for a big company, and then doing it for myself.
This gave me the skill to always be able to get traffic, which is critical for any online venture. Once I had that down everything else got easier. I leveraged the knowledge and skills from that to get into creating and selling marketing software.
Into 7 Figures...
I built a 7 figure SaaS (software as a service) company from the ground up and some of my first experiments were released right here on The Warrior Forum. Like anything you might try which is new, my first experiments here flopped badly selling only a few hundred dollars.
But I learned and persevered and it paid off!
It was only a matter of months before I had done 6 figures in software sales, and a couple of years until I'd narrowed down to focus on PressCable which instantly grew into a 7 figure company when we launched it. It makes most of it's money from recurring subscriptions as customers continue to pay us for ongoing access.
But it's not all been good, with major & scary stumbles along the way...
The dirty truth...
I'm not the kind of guy to show you Lamborghinis and Yachts. I'm a very normal sort of guy and I save my money and reinvest in my business. If you've got a thirst for knowledge and a real desire to have a positive impact in what I do, then we're similar.
Probably one of the hardest things you might experience being an entrepreneur is hearing others tell you their amazing story and reveal their amazing life. It can be very motivating, but it can also make you feel like you have not done enough, even when you are doing well or making progress.
However, after travelling the world and meeting so many successful people (and a lot of pretenders), I've realized more often than not entrepreneurs, and especially marketers, put up a front. That's actually quite natural and they feel compelled to do it to present the right image, but underneath they can be facing their own challenges and stress, and often feel the same as you do.
We're all human, and we all struggle, we all have doubts and thats okay. In all those struggles are valuable lessons that can help us all move forward. The difference between those that succeed and those that don't, is simply overcoming those challenges, and your life will be better for it.
In answering any questions you have, and in sharing my story on Monday, I'll be telling you the honest real nitty truth about the challenges and failures I'vr faced along the way, as well as plenty of tips on growing your online business no matter where you are at.
What You Might Want to Ask Me About:
- How I Built a 7-figure Software-As-A-Service (SaaS) company from the ground up, leading an awesome team of hard-working, talented people (and learned A LOT along the way)
- How I've used viral marketing & press releases to drive 5 figure traffic in a couple of days, and my approach to generating huge traffic I stopped counting a few years back when it hit 30 million visitors.
- How I cultivated a webinar for our product that delivered some of the highest Earnings in the industry for Affiliates for months after most offers die out, while still providing the best prices for our customers over our competition...
- How I caused the Warrior Forum's Highest Traffic Day Ever by driving 100,000 extra visitors to the forum, which yes, literally crashed servers.
- How I built several blogs from the ground up to build a 6-figure revenue stream using Viral Traffic methods I learned working for a Fortune 500 company's blog network
- My personal breakdown that happened during an 8 month world trip with my family (including a 1 year old), while running a team of 15 people, managing a 7-figure business, and meeting amazing people.
- How I use health and lifestyle hacks to make more money and get more done.
- Building a remote worldwide team of now over 20 people.
- My simple philosophies on traffic and business that we use to help hard-working people change their lives and businesses for the better.
Some of My Failures & Challenges
- I started a software company that was basically a free version of Netflix before YouTube even existed but couldnt get the funding I needed to grow, so it failed, even though I got 250,000 visits per month (all my businesses have been self funded)
- When I started out and had very little money and existed mainly on a diet of 10 pence instant noodles while I was unemployed and doing everything I could to get my business off the ground
- I almost buckled under the pressure of running a successful software company because I hadnt learned that one VERY important lesson I think every entrepreneur has to know to be successful, happy and healthy for the LONG-term.
Areas I Can Help You:
- Driving Traffic
- Viral Traffic
- Getting Attention Online...
- Joint Ventures...
- Business Growth
- Establishing Powerful & Productive Habits
- Balancing Work, Self-Fulfilment & Being A Dad (always a challenge)
- The Psychology of The Internet User
- Running a Software Company
- Finding Maximum Reward for Minimum Effort
Please post your questions here and I'll be answering them live on Monday 7th November at 11am Eastern