THE RESULTS: 90 Day Content Challenge: 1 Piece of Content Everyday For 90 Days

38 replies
I have just completed a 90 Day Content Challenge, creating one piece of content every day, for 90 days.

For your benefit, I am being completely transparent and taking you inside the actual analytics.

My Youtube Channel is about digital marketing; traffic generation strategies, conversion optimization and copywriting.

So you can verify that I'm really doing this, here is the Youtube Channel.

Here are the results, why I decided to do this, and if you should do it too:


UPDATE: I've completed 100 days so far, here are the results:


It's been tough at times, but incredibly rewarding.

You make up your own mind though.

Overall results, 90 days in



Compared with the previous 90 days



Growth of Likes



Subscriber Growth

#challenge #content #day #days #everyday #piece
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Gabriel
    Administrator
    how do you think you can take it to the next level mate?
    Signature

    =======
    Gabriel Machuret
    Head of Warrior Forum

    If you aren't happy with the Warrior Forum PM me. I want to know about it.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11315326].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Michael Meaney
      Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post

      how do you think you can take it to the next level mate?
      Good question.

      Every video will be transcribed and turned into a daily blog post.

      The audio will be extracted and turned into a daily podcast.

      Every 90 days blog posts compiled by topic and turned into lead magnets, for every topic I cover.
      Signature

      --> 100% FREE: Get a "$3,000 Marketing Education" (NO OPT-IN)

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11315327].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author kendido
        Originally Posted by Michael Meaney View Post

        Good question.

        Every video will be transcribed and turned into a daily blog post.

        The audio will be extracted and turned into a daily podcast.

        Every 90 days blog posts compiled by topic and turned into lead magnets, for every topic I cover.
        Yes, this is a good system- Tripling your content, thereby getting more subscribers, backlinks, among other benefits.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11317510].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Michelle Collier
        Great share! I'm inspired, thanks! Can I ask what program you used to transcribe your videos for your blogposts? I will take my answer off the air lol! Much success to you my friend! <3
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11322565].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Michael Meaney
          Originally Posted by Michelle Collier View Post

          Great share! I'm inspired, thanks! Can I ask what program you used to transcribe your videos for your blogposts? I will take my answer off the air lol! Much success to you my friend! <3
          Thank you

          I don't use any program for transcriptions... if you know any of please let me know
          Signature

          --> 100% FREE: Get a "$3,000 Marketing Education" (NO OPT-IN)

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11324449].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Oziboomer
            Originally Posted by Michael Meaney View Post

            I don't use any program for transcriptions... if you know any of please let me know
            Nice work Mick.

            I use Rev for transcriptions. They charge $1 per minute and can cope with any accent

            Also do other services but they are quick and very accurate on the transcription front.

            I used them for exactly what you are doing and you can always put the content together into Kindle for extra reach.

            If you want to go to the next level if you also record hi-def video you can put out a DVD series - use Kunaki - $1.10 US per DVD - up to 5 copies. On demand and you can create a sales page inside their platform with auto shipping for free. Takes a bit of work but once you have the flow worked out it is set and forget.

            You can promote boxed sets of the content - auto ship. Easy and profitable.

            Little secret - you can add an insert inside the DVD cover all you have to do is design it and upload to Kunaki. Then you drive traffic from your DVD to a membership or auto fulfilment where they get every new DVD for $XXX.

            This is so easy once you get it going and 1 DVD produced on demand and delivered US for like $5.50 and 12 odd world wide you can work with that.

            We do 5 DVD packs to stay on the cheapest production costs and those run at average of $16.50 delivered.

            After that you can put the DVD content onto Amazon and cross link the kindles to the DVDs etc.

            Hopefully some food for thought.

            Best regards,

            Ozi
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11327311].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Michael Meaney
              Originally Posted by Oziboomer View Post

              Nice work Mick.

              I use Rev for transcriptions. They charge $1 per minute and can cope with any accent
              DO I HAVE AN ACCENT?!?

              We used to use Kunkai in exactly the way you describe for my TV show (not as exciting as it sounds), and ship boxsets through them.

              Never once had a problem, and loved the automation of it.
              Signature

              --> 100% FREE: Get a "$3,000 Marketing Education" (NO OPT-IN)

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11329244].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tom Addams
    This is my kind of path, Mike - good luck with it, matey.

    Quick question to provoke some ideas for you: how are you going to be different to other MMO channels?

    Cheers,

    Tom

    P.S: You're a sexy bugger!!!!
    Signature

    This: Learn how I earn money by giving away free stuff. [Read Month One, the 799 Page Book.]
    Or this: I coach members of Warrior Forum [Warrior Discounts available. PM for details.]

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11315548].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Michael Meaney
      Originally Posted by Tom Addams View Post

      This is my kind of path, Mike - good luck with it, matey.

      Quick question to provoke some ideas for you: how are you going to be different to other MMO channels?

      Cheers,

      Tom

      P.S: You're a sexy bugger!!!!
      Thanks Tom!

      "how are you going to be different to other MMO channels?"

      That's a good question.

      I'm different because I share brand new strategies, for free, than can't be found anywhere else.


      ....will get to answer other questions later on when I get time
      Signature

      --> 100% FREE: Get a "$3,000 Marketing Education" (NO OPT-IN)

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11317205].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dan Riffle
    Sorry, Michael. You lost me at the Yankees cap.





    (I jest. Thanks for sharing your results. There's valuable information in there.)
    Signature

    Warrior HeySal is fighting for her life. You can help.
    Click Here: https://www.gofundme.com/heysal

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11315904].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author smartadset
    I'm interested in knowing how you are willing to scale this up.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11316587].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Michael Meaney
      Originally Posted by smartadset View Post

      I'm interested in knowing how you are willing to scale this up.
      Each video will be repurposed.

      So for every 1 piece of content I create, I will eventually have at least 3 pieces of content to use.

      This gives me X3 more exposure and reach, across different platforms.
      Signature

      --> 100% FREE: Get a "$3,000 Marketing Education" (NO OPT-IN)

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11319412].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bonzo124
    Great results as expected. Create content consistently is the best strategy. You will see even more traffic from your work when these videos will get ranked for relevant keywords.

    Good work!
    Signature
    Check my affiliate marketing guide.
    I have published it for free on my site. If you need any help, contact me.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11316625].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ecoverartist
    This is great! What sorts of pieces of content did you create each day? Blog posts? Emails? Or something else?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11317176].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Michael Meaney
      Originally Posted by ecoverartist View Post

      This is great! What sorts of pieces of content did you create each day? Blog posts? Emails? Or something else?
      I started with videos.

      However, I'm now producing 1 video a day, 1 blog post a day, and 1 podcast a day.

      I might make another Warrior Path thread for the blog posts, and the podcasts, or keep everything in this thread. Not sure which is best.

      Here's how I've layered it, by slowing introducing another column of my content marketing strategy.

      Nov 22 starts with daily videos
      Jan 2 introduces daily blog posts
      March 1 introduces daily podcasts

      Once I got comfortable with making videos every day, I threw in blog posts. When I got comfortable with that, I threw in podcasting.
      Signature

      --> 100% FREE: Get a "$3,000 Marketing Education" (NO OPT-IN)

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11324402].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Meaney
    I'm on day 100 of this challenge now.

    Will update the OP with a video showing the results so far.
    Signature

    --> 100% FREE: Get a "$3,000 Marketing Education" (NO OPT-IN)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11322144].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author FreedomBlogger
    Hey Mick!

    Congratulations on all of the results so far and for sticking to the challenge all the way through!

    One video a day for 90 days and now for 120 days is definitely a challenge!

    You are inspiring with this new journey of yours. I'm also working on my new Youtube channel for my internet marketing blog. I was doing great with a previous channel but something happened to the account and can't access it anymore, so I have to rebuild from scratch.

    Thank you for sharing this data with us! it is helpful and inspiring!

    Keep up the great work!
    Signature
    At the beginning, I thought making money online with a blog was super super hard. Not anymore. Learn the art of making money online blogging - step by step - HERE.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11322712].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Michael Meaney
      Originally Posted by FreedomBlogger View Post

      Hey Mick!

      Congratulations on all of the results so far and for sticking to the challenge all the way through!

      One video a day for 90 days and now for 120 days is definitely a challenge!

      You are inspiring with this new journey of yours. I'm also working on my new Youtube channel for my internet marketing blog. I was doing great with a previous channel but something happened to the account and can't access it anymore, so I have to rebuild from scratch.

      Thank you for sharing this data with us! it is helpful and inspiring!

      Keep up the great work!
      Thank you. That's very kind of you to say

      JOURNAL UPDATE: 12/03/18

      I've currently got 12 days to go, and planing my strategy once this challenge finishes.

      Today, I want this to be over. I've got the flu and it's one of the hardest days so far.

      During this challenge I've gone through Christmas Day, and New Years Day, which took a lot of discipline, but today is tough. I just want sleep.

      Despite that, I've shot today's video. Now for the blog post, and podcast, hopefully.
      Signature

      --> 100% FREE: Get a "$3,000 Marketing Education" (NO OPT-IN)

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11326491].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author savidge4
        Originally Posted by Michael Meaney View Post

        Thank you. That's very kind of you to say

        JOURNAL UPDATE: 12/03/18

        I've currently got 12 days to go, and planing my strategy once this challenge finishes.

        Today, I want this to be over. I've got the flu and it's one of the hardest days so far.

        During this challenge I've gone through Christmas Day, and New Years Day, which took a lot of discipline, but today is tough. I just want sleep.

        Despite that, I've shot today's video. Now for the blog post, and podcast, hopefully.
        I admire you for your effort in this.. You are not doing "A Piece" of content every day, you are doing 3... A drain unto itself.

        Something I have learned over the years.. "the grind" is just that, THE GRIND. and day in and day out, IT WILL take its toll. Your body will FORCE a break when its needed. Some might go so far as to say that it is your inner self ( the little destructive monster on your shoulder ) that is at play and trying to break your success. I truly believe, THE GRIND has simply ground you down, and you need a day.

        So with that... When you are in the sweet spot, and THE GRIND is effortless, push that little extra.. and create an additional video.. the next day create the matching additional blog, and the day after the matching podcast.. once or twice a week, you can have material in the can for days like today.

        When I am starting a project and go on runs like you are doing.. I will actually start with a 5 to 7 day backlog before I actually start the 30 days.. its creates a buffer, drops the stress level, and makes the whole creative experience a bit more pleasuable. A day away, is just that A DAY AWAY, and sometimes its needed.

        Hope you feel better, and keep up the great work!
        Signature
        Tools, Content, and Strategies to Develop Your Online Commerce Business - Coming Soon
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11326992].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Michael Meaney
          Originally Posted by savidge4 View Post

          I admire you for your effort in this.. You are not doing "A Piece" of content every day, you are doing 3... A drain unto itself.
          Thank you for that.

          JOURNAL UPDATE: 14/03/18

          My last full-day off was on the 19th of Nov, 2017... and I've slowly ramped up my output from there, over the 3 months.

          New pieces of daily content have only been added to my routine once I'm comfortable with the previous addition.

          The experiment has been worthwhile, and I've learned a lot about myself, my strengths and my weaknesses.

          Discipline is my friend.

          For creating content my sweet spot is 3 pieces of content per day, Mon-Fri.

          That's when it's the most fun, and most productive. I'm loving the experiencing.

          I always believed that "I never switch off" when it comes to this stuff... but this experience has shown me that I NEED to switch off, sometimes...

          Gimme 1 or 2 days off a month and I'm good.
          Signature

          --> 100% FREE: Get a "$3,000 Marketing Education" (NO OPT-IN)

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11328526].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nick Million
    This is great stuff man! Quick question, are you funneling people off of Youtube onto your own list?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11326559].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Michael Meaney
      Originally Posted by Nick Million View Post

      This is great stuff man! Quick question, are you funneling people off of Youtube onto your own list?
      Kind of.

      I think Youtube doesn't like it when a video ends a session (sending traffic away from Youtube).

      For that reason I mention my website, but don't give a direct call to action to sign up to my list on every video.

      I'm noticing a difference between the traffic that comes organically via Youtube, and traffic that comes from adverts.

      Generally, organic traffic is way cooler, more into what I'm doing, and more supportive.

      Because Youtube subscribers get email notifications when I upload, it kinda acts like an email list... with the obvious limitations.

      ...And I will respond to the other awesome comments when I get a bit more time
      Signature

      --> 100% FREE: Get a "$3,000 Marketing Education" (NO OPT-IN)

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11327747].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author extrememan
    Amazing. Your rocking it. Keep going, going, and never stop. You are starting to get momentum.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11329032].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Michael Meaney
      Originally Posted by extrememan View Post

      Amazing. Your rocking it. Keep going, going, and never stop. You are starting to get momentum.
      Thank you for your kind words and support!
      Signature

      --> 100% FREE: Get a "$3,000 Marketing Education" (NO OPT-IN)

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11331268].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanbiddulph
    Hi Michael.

    Well done dude.

    Publishing helpful content persistently really grows traffic and business. I see this as I keep churning out guest posts and blog posts - daily - to help my readers.

    Ryan
    Signature
    Ryan Biddulph, Blogger, Author, World Traveling Digital Nomad
    Retire to a Life of Island Hopping through Smart Blogging at Blogging From Paradise
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11331292].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Michael Meaney
      Originally Posted by ryanbiddulph View Post

      Hi Michael.

      Well done dude.

      Publishing helpful content persistently really grows traffic and business. I see this as I keep churning out guest posts and blog posts - daily - to help my readers.

      Ryan
      Thanks bud.

      Yup, it's not about us. It's all about being of service to our niche and helping our people in the best way we can.
      Signature

      --> 100% FREE: Get a "$3,000 Marketing Education" (NO OPT-IN)

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11332722].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author oppyeaunome
    This is amazing!

    It just goes to show the results you can achieve if you put in the work. Hard work might be slow in the beginning, but it pays off long term.

    Building a business a profitable business takes time. Building a YouTube channel takes time. Building an email list takes time. This is why you have to put in the time.

    Put in the time now to have the life you want later. Looking forward to following your growth.

    Keep pushing!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11331393].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Michael Meaney
      Originally Posted by oppyeaunome View Post

      This is amazing!

      It just goes to show the results you can achieve if you put in the work. Hard work might be slow in the beginning, but it pays off long term.

      Building a business a profitable business takes time. Building a YouTube channel takes time. Building an email list takes time. This is why you have to put in the time.

      Put in the time now to have the life you want later. Looking forward to following your growth.

      Keep pushing!
      Yup, anything worth having takes time and hard work.

      I've done this once before, albeit not with a youtube channel, and the results still continue to pay off all these years later.
      Signature

      --> 100% FREE: Get a "$3,000 Marketing Education" (NO OPT-IN)

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11334290].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Meaney
    Quick update, since starting this challenge the channel has now broken the 500 subscribers mark.
    Signature

    --> 100% FREE: Get a "$3,000 Marketing Education" (NO OPT-IN)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11338657].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Meaney
    Monthly review:

    Signature

    --> 100% FREE: Get a "$3,000 Marketing Education" (NO OPT-IN)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11342987].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Meaney
    We're now up to 550 subscribers.
    Signature

    --> 100% FREE: Get a "$3,000 Marketing Education" (NO OPT-IN)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11349678].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author savidge4
      Originally Posted by Michael Meaney View Post

      We're now up to 550 subscribers.
      Your half way in terms of subs to actually getting paid for your view time WTG... and people cry its to hard LOL
      Signature
      Tools, Content, and Strategies to Develop Your Online Commerce Business - Coming Soon
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11349843].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Michael Meaney
        Originally Posted by savidge4 View Post

        Your half way in terms of subs to actually getting paid for your view time WTG... and people cry its to hard LOL
        It's not about getting paid from Youtube... I doubt I will enable ads when I reach the threshold.
        Signature

        --> 100% FREE: Get a "$3,000 Marketing Education" (NO OPT-IN)

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11349852].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author savidge4
          Originally Posted by Michael Meaney View Post

          It's not about getting paid from Youtube... I doubt I will enable ads when I reach the threshold.
          I get that from you... It was more a point that with work, reaching the new limits is far from out of reach.. and your latest post proves that.

          But its kinda case and point to this thread in general... you are focusing on the PROCESS and not so concerned with the outcome.. a far cry from the other threads in this section.

          YOU are a glaring example of "THE GRIND" and the type of success that can be had, by doing so. I commend you greatly for this thread and your obvious work ethic.

          Keep up the great work!
          Signature
          Tools, Content, and Strategies to Develop Your Online Commerce Business - Coming Soon
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11353327].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Michael Meaney
            Originally Posted by savidge4 View Post

            I get that from you... It was more a point that with work, reaching the new limits is far from out of reach.. and your latest post proves that.

            But its kinda case and point to this thread in general... you are focusing on the PROCESS and not so concerned with the outcome.. a far cry from the other threads in this section.

            YOU are a glaring example of "THE GRIND" and the type of success that can be had, by doing so. I commend you greatly for this thread and your obvious work ethic.

            Keep up the great work!
            I wanna have that on my desk, as inspiration. thank you.
            Signature

            --> 100% FREE: Get a "$3,000 Marketing Education" (NO OPT-IN)

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11355846].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Meaney
    The last 90 days over the previous 90 days.

    Signature

    --> 100% FREE: Get a "$3,000 Marketing Education" (NO OPT-IN)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11352412].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Meaney
    Results for the last month, 86 subscribers gained.

    Signature

    --> 100% FREE: Get a "$3,000 Marketing Education" (NO OPT-IN)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11358706].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Meaney
    Youtube's Month in Review:

    Signature

    --> 100% FREE: Get a "$3,000 Marketing Education" (NO OPT-IN)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11362492].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Meaney
    Another 90 day over 90 day review:

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11370189].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11379708].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics