I am a web designer in the United States and I want to have a different way to earn money while providing value to small businesses through local lead generation. Feel free to give me feedback on what you think about my strategy and if you have advice for me on here. I have received a lot of advice and tips here on the forum and I want to put some of that information to use on there.
Path: I am building websites for a few different types of businesses. I will write a lot of content for each website and use seo to try to rank them online. I may eventually use paid advertising but at first I am only using seo on there. I want to get the websites in google my business maps listings but I do not know if I will be able to do that unless I use my own address for it. I am using call tracking and would have contact forms on the websites. When I start getting leads I am going to send a few for free to the business to let them try the leads out then offer to keep sending leads to them for a fee. I do not know yet if I am going to try to charge per lead or rank and rent the websites monthly or maybe try to do it on commission instead. I am also thinking about maybe trying a method where I take the calls myself and make appointments for the business then have a fee per appointment that I make for them on there.
- Water Mold Damage Repair
- Tree Removal
- Event Entertainment
I am using the city I am in in the domain name for each website. I will probably build more websites for different types of businesses if I start making money from any of the websites.
What I want: I want to prove to myself that local lead generation works for me. There are a few steps to my goals with this.
- I want to get my first lead from the websites - I want to be at this goal within 2 months of starting the work. It will likely take a few weeks for the search engine optimization to start working and rank the websites on there.
- Then I want to get to where I am making at least $100.00 per month from the websites - I want to be at this goal within 3 months of starting the work.
- Then I want to get to where I am making at least $1000.00 per month from the websites - I want to be at this goal within 4 months of starting the work.
- Then I want to get to where I am making at least $2000.00 per month from the websites - I want to be at this goal within 6 months of starting. Then at this point I plan to make this my full time business instead of doing web design work.
What I have done: - For each website I am writing lengthy pages of content for the services and information on each. I am using on page seo to try to rank them higher in search results on there. Writing each of the services pages takes a while so it will take a bit of time to build out each website.
- Painting Website - I have registered the domain and started building the website. I have 5 pages of content on the website so far and have been adding to it daily.
- Mold Water Damage Repair Website - I have registered the domain and started building the website. I have 3 pages of content on the website so far and have been adding to it.
- Plumbing Website - I am planning to register the domain this week then start building the website.
- Tree Removal Website - I am planning to register the domain this week then start building the website.
- Event Entertainment Website - I have registered the domain and started building the website.
The work I am doing on these is in addition to my regular web design work but I do try to spend a few hours each day working on this work.
If you have questions please let me know. If you have advice for me I definitely would like to hear it. Thank you!