Register Blogs Advertise with usHelp Desk Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Unread 29th Sep 2010, 01:20 PM   #101
AT gmail DOT com
War Room Member
 
CDarklock's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: Kent, WA
Posts: 8,105
Thanks: 2,079
Thanked 6,836 Times in 3,002 Posts
Blog Entries: 5
Default
Re: ***FREE - SpinnerChief - the Ultimate Spinner!***
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by aj113 View Post

SpinnerChief passed the test
Excuse me.

Download the Windows Logo Program requirements document here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=27028822-b172-4cec-91a3-26b610a4da79

At the bottom of page 9 in the requirements document, Windows Logo Program technical requirement 3 clearly states that "All executable files must be signed with an Authenticode certificate."

Neither spinnerchief.exe nor update.exe are so signed.

This may be verified by right-clicking either file in the Windows Explorer and selecting "Properties." There are no digital signatures, Authenticode or otherwise, on either executable file.

How do you explain the assertion that your application has passed Windows Logo Program validation testing, when anyone who has downloaded that application can readily verify that it does not meet the technical requirements and therefore cannot possibly pass?
CDarklock is offline  
Unread 29th Sep 2010, 05:19 PM   #102
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 560
Thanks: 18
Thanked 71 Times in 31 Posts
Default
Re: ***FREE - SpinnerChief - the Ultimate Spinner!***
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by CDarklock View Post

Excuse me.

Download the Windows Logo Program requirements document here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=27028822-b172-4cec-91a3-26b610a4da79

At the bottom of page 9 in the requirements document, Windows Logo Program technical requirement 3 clearly states that "All executable files must be signed with an Authenticode certificate."

Neither spinnerchief.exe nor update.exe are so signed.

This may be verified by right-clicking either file in the Windows Explorer and selecting "Properties." There are no digital signatures, Authenticode or otherwise, on either executable file.

How do you explain the assertion that your application has passed Windows Logo Program validation testing, when anyone who has downloaded that application can readily verify that it does not meet the technical requirements and therefore cannot possibly pass?
Regrettably this is one of the many 'hoops' you have to jump through to actually get the logo. The test itself while noting that the exe does not have a digitally signed certificate does not actually fail the software, it issues a 'pass with warnings'.

Here is the plain text from SpinnerChief's test for this section: (Emphasis mine)

Test case: Install signed driver and executable files: PASS WITH WARNINGS
The toolkit reports all unsigned files of the following extensions: EXEs, DLLs, SYS, DRV, OCX, SCR, and CPL.
WARNING: The application installed the following unsigned files:
Non-driver file c:\program files (x86)\spinnerchief\detail.dll does not have a valid signature, either embedded or via a catalog file.
Non-driver file c:\program files (x86)\spinnerchief\spinnerchief.exe does not have a valid signature, either embedded or via a catalog file.
Non-driver file c:\program files (x86)\spinnerchief\thesauruslibrary.dll does not have a valid signature, either embedded or via a catalog file.
Non-driver file c:\program files (x86)\spinnerchief\unins000.exe does not have a valid signature, either embedded or via a catalog file.
Non-driver file c:\program files (x86)\spinnerchief\update.exe does not have a valid signature, either embedded or via a catalog file.
If any of the above files are DLLs, OCX, SCR, CPL or EXEs that are not one of the application’s main executables (has a shortcut on start menu or desktop), they can safely be ignored. All others need to be signed to meet the Windows 7 Software Logo requirements.
IMPACT IF NOT FIXED: Having digitally signed files allows users to know that software is genuine. It also allows detection if a file has been tampered with, by a virus or Trojan for example. Windows 7 will have the ability to prevent any unsigned application from launching with a full administrator access token. If you want your application to operate correctly in locked-down environments, while displaying a more user friendly user interface, it should be signed with an Authenticode signature.
“The elevation prompt displays contextual information about the executable requesting elevation and the context is different depending on whether the application is Authenticode signed. The elevation prompt is seen in two variations: the consent prompt and the credential prompt.”
HOW TO FIX: To sign the application, you can either generate a certificate from makecert.exe or obtain a code-signing key from one of the commercial certification authorities (CAs), such as VeriSign, Thawte, or a Microsoft CA. information and guidance on how to sign your drivers and files is available HERE.
aj113 is offline  
Unread 29th Sep 2010, 05:42 PM   #103
AT gmail DOT com
War Room Member
 
CDarklock's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: Kent, WA
Posts: 8,105
Thanks: 2,079
Thanked 6,836 Times in 3,002 Posts
Blog Entries: 5
Default
Re: ***FREE - SpinnerChief - the Ultimate Spinner!***
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by aj113 View Post

Regrettably this is one of the many 'hoops' you have to jump through to actually get the logo.
But that's not what you said.

"Regrettably we could not get the logo because we are not on MS's list of authorised companies, and to be added to their list takes a lot of jumps through a lot of hoops - many of them financial. However, we didn't discover this fact until after we had submitted SpinnerChief to the MS test."

However, the fact is that you cannot get the logo because you do not meet the requirements. You don't need to sign your application to get into Microsoft's Partner Network. You need to sign your application to pass validation testing for the Windows Logo Program.

The test itself while noting that the exe does not have a digitally signed certificate does not actually fail the software, it issues a 'pass with warnings'.
I'm sorry, but are you actually trying to pass off the results of the self-assessment tool suite as a result from Microsoft's validation testing?
CDarklock is offline  
Unread 29th Sep 2010, 06:30 PM   #104
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 560
Thanks: 18
Thanked 71 Times in 31 Posts
Default
Re: ***FREE - SpinnerChief - the Ultimate Spinner!***
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by CDarklock View Post

.....I'm sorry, but are you actually trying to pass off the results of the self-assessment tool suite as a result from Microsoft's validation testing?
Not at all, and I am sorry for any bad communication on my part, so I will clarify now:

To be awarded the Windows Logo your software must meet many different criteria, and also so must your company. A large part of the requirements is related to the Windows Logo Toolkit - downloadable software from MS which analyses your software while it is installed, operated and uninstalled in a multi-user Windows 7 environment.

We thought this may be a good way to 'prove' the security of SpinnerChief, so we put the software through the downloaded toolkit. It passed all sections - although admittedly some sections had warnings, but a pass is a pass. That report is then supposed to be submitted to MS for the second part of the process, but when we dug deeper and started discover exactly what is involved in that process, frankly we gave up - it is beyond us and our resources.

I will be the first to admit that MS certainly does not intend the report to be used for any purpose other than submitting back to MS, but neverthless we have the report, so I offered it for viewing, because MS says (from the same document you quoted) The Logo Toolkit will validate applications for compliance, and will be the final arbiter for logo compliance.

The report doesn't really mean anything per se, because I am sure there will be someone posting here saying 'you could have edited it' or 'you created that report yourself' or 'yes but you have added a virus since that test' or even 'it is not the full validation process so it means nothing'- and of course they would all be valid points, but I thought it was of sufficient interest to share, and maybe help in some small way to dispell doubts.

Regardless, we certainly are not relying upon it to prove the impossible - that our software is NOT malware. The best we can do in that direction is to highlight the fact that no evidence of suspicious activity has been presented, and no user has reported any kind of problem after using SpinnerChief.
aj113 is offline  
Unread 29th Sep 2010, 07:59 PM   #105
AT gmail DOT com
War Room Member
 
CDarklock's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: Kent, WA
Posts: 8,105
Thanks: 2,079
Thanked 6,836 Times in 3,002 Posts
Blog Entries: 5
Default
Re: ***FREE - SpinnerChief - the Ultimate Spinner!***
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by aj113 View Post

It passed all sections - although admittedly some sections had warnings, but a pass is a pass.
Actually, a "pass with warnings" basically means "get ready to fly someone to Redmond and explain yourselves." It's effectively a preliminary failure.

That report is then supposed to be submitted to MS for the second part of the process, but when we dug deeper and started discover exactly what is involved in that process, frankly we gave up - it is beyond us and our resources.
So when you said:

"However, we didn't discover this fact until after we had submitted SpinnerChief to the MS test."

...nothing was ever submitted to Microsoft. You simply downloaded a publicly-available tool from the web and ran it.

The best we can do in that direction is to highlight the fact that no evidence of suspicious activity has been presented, and no user has reported any kind of problem after using SpinnerChief.

"On the net a pattern has emerged of certain people stating that SpinnerChief is malware."

Now, I know you claim these are just your competitors, but here's the problem.

An autoupdate feature is a very, very good way to slip any arbitrary code you like onto someone's computer.

And it's also a very, very good way to erase the evidence before you get caught running that code.

So when you say "there is no evidence," you're conveniently ignoring the fact that you've set everything up with a very clean and easy way to erase any evidence.

And when you say "there are no user reports," you're basically saying anyone who says your application is malware - a pattern on the net, by your own admission - is not a user.

And you're telling me this is not suspicious?
CDarklock is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to CDarklock For This Useful Post:
Unread 29th Sep 2010, 08:35 PM   #106
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: Canon City, Colorado
Posts: 116
Thanks: 120
Thanked 21 Times in 18 Posts
Blog Entries: 3
Default
Re: ***FREE - SpinnerChief - the Ultimate Spinner!***
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Just wanted to update you all that I found Spinner Chief really fun to use, it is not near as loopy as some others, in fact I gave up on spinners cause they sounded so awful to my ear. This program is different, it allows me to choose so that the end result actually sounds like something I might say. So it is nice to have. I love being able to use it for article submissions and for posting the same general idea but told in a slightly different way.

I give it thumbs up.

BTW I use kaspersky virus and nothing has been blocked even before this updating business.

Michele

Last edited on 29th Sep 2010 at 08:36 PM. Reason: spelling
bettybakebake is offline  
Unread 30th Sep 2010, 03:10 AM   #107
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 560
Thanks: 18
Thanked 71 Times in 31 Posts
Default
Re: ***FREE - SpinnerChief - the Ultimate Spinner!***
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by CDarklock View Post

Actually, a "pass with warnings" basically means "get ready to fly someone to Redmond and explain yourselves." It's effectively a preliminary failure....
OK you seem to know more about this than we do. We were going off this:

Windows 7 Software Logo Program | Microsoft Connect

"After testing, submit for the Logo
After successful testing (PASS, PASS WITH WARNING) submit the passing results at http://winqual.microsoft.com by uploading the .xml result report"

Which to our understanding says that a pass with warning is a successful pass.

And this:

"Note: official submission for the “Compatible for Windows 7 Logo” requires validation results produced by the 64-bit version of the logo toolkit"


Which implies that the toolkit results are the 'validation' results.

If this is not the case, fair enough, but we thought it was reasonable to take MS at their (apparent) word.

...nothing was ever submitted to Microsoft. You simply downloaded a publicly-available tool from the web and ran it.
Correct, but you use the term 'publicly available tool' as though it is to some kind of detriment. Aren't most tools 'publicly available'? Like AV software, Firewalls and Anti-spyware? This particular publicly available tool is distributed by Microsoft and is intended for the use of determining Windows Logo compliancy. To me, that actually means something. If - in reality - it doesn't mean anything, fair enough, but that is not the impression we got when researching the information from Microsoft.

An autoupdate feature is a very, very good way to slip any arbitrary code you like onto someone's computer.
Yes, that is why SpinnerChief does not have an autoupdate. The user is given a choice.

And it's also a very, very good way to erase the evidence before you get caught running that code.
Very true, so as SpinnerChief's update is not automatic, there will still be many people out there with the original "infected" version if there was one, don't you think?

So when you say "there is no evidence," you're conveniently ignoring the fact that you've set everything up with a very clean and easy way to erase any evidence.
Well, technically yes, but I hope you are going to be consistent in your accusations and acknowledge that virtually all software has some sort of update mechanism and therefore virtually all software has this capability.

And when you say "there are no user reports," you're basically saying anyone who says your application is malware - a pattern on the net, by your own admission - is not a user.
No, YOU are 'basically saying' that. I - on the other hand - have said consistently that there are no user reports of SpinnerChief causing any damage or harm to users computers. If you know otherwise please point them out to me.

And it's also a very, very good way to erase the evidence before you get caught running that code.
So from this, am I right in assuming that you are of the opinion that regardless of SpinnerChief's state when it was first released, it is now clean?

And you're telling me this is not suspicious?
Not entirley sure exactly what you think IS suspicous?
aj113 is offline  
Unread 30th Sep 2010, 03:37 AM   #108
AT gmail DOT com
War Room Member
 
CDarklock's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: Kent, WA
Posts: 8,105
Thanks: 2,079
Thanked 6,836 Times in 3,002 Posts
Blog Entries: 5
Default
Re: ***FREE - SpinnerChief - the Ultimate Spinner!***
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by aj113 View Post

Which to our understanding says that a pass with warning is a successful pass.


No. Every warning requires an explanation to be submitted in writing to the Windows Logo Program, and the explanation is approved or denied by a Microsoft Program Manager.

Correct, but you use the term 'publicly available tool' as though it is to some kind of detriment. Aren't most tools 'publicly available'?
The problem is not that the tool is publicly available. The problem is that you deliberately misled readers into thinking you submitted your program to Microsoft and received official test results. This is not what you did.

This particular publicly available tool is distributed by Microsoft and is intended for the use of determining Windows Logo compliancy.
But you're not even remotely compliant. You cannot possibly have passed. When you get a "pass with warnings," and you know your application does not meet the technical requirements of the program - how can you possibly think this indicates compliance?

Yes, that is why SpinnerChief does not have an autoupdate. The user is given a choice.
That's not what users have reported earlier in the thread. One user reported that he turned the autoupdate OFF, and your application still updated. You also instructed your users to "simply start the program and it will update" when you released a fix for the admin privileges issue.

Well, technically yes, but I hope you are going to be consistent in your accusations and acknowledge that virtually all software has some sort of update mechanism
An autoupdate facility in and of itself does not mean anything. An autoupdate facility in the hands of someone that is accused of distributing malware, however, disturbs me. Especially when coupled with an effort to fake Microsoft test results.

No, YOU are 'basically saying' that. I - on the other hand - have said consistently that there are no user reports of SpinnerChief causing any damage or harm to users computers. If you know otherwise please point them out to me.
But there's a pattern on the net of people calling your application malware. How can someone call your application malware without reporting damage or harm?
CDarklock is offline  
Unread 30th Sep 2010, 03:52 AM   #109
Joseph Tosh
War Room Member
 
Slaughter's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 1,721
Thanks: 224
Thanked 352 Times in 161 Posts
Blog Entries: 1
Default
Re: ***FREE - SpinnerChief - the Ultimate Spinner!***
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by CDarklock View Post

An autoupdate feature is a very, very good way to slip any arbitrary code you like onto someone's computer.
That's not what users have reported earlier in the thread. One user reported that he turned the autoupdate OFF, and your application still updated. You also instructed your users to "simply start the program and it will update" when you released a fix for the admin privileges issue.
And that's why I suggest AJ to post the activity of SC. At least that would just make a few things clear.

Karan
Slaughter is offline  
Unread 30th Sep 2010, 05:15 AM   #110
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 560
Thanks: 18
Thanked 71 Times in 31 Posts
Default
Re: ***FREE - SpinnerChief - the Ultimate Spinner!***
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by CDarklock View Post

[/COLOR][/FONT]No. Every warning requires an explanation to be submitted in writing to the Windows Logo Program, and the explanation is approved or denied by a Microsoft Program Manager.
OK, I stand corrected. But you can't blame us for believing what is written, we can only act on what is in front of us.
The problem is not that the tool is publicly available.
With respect, it was YOU that made the post identifying it as a problem, not me.

The problem is that you deliberately misled readers into thinking you submitted your program to Microsoft and received official test results. This is not what you did.
That is your interpretation. I have since made a post clarifying exactly what we did, thus leaving the readers to make their own mind up.

But you're not even remotely compliant. You cannot possibly have passed. When you get a "pass with warnings," and you know your application does not meet the technical requirements of the program - how can you possibly think this indicates compliance?
I have made a post clarifying exactly what we did and the reasons why, I have acknowledged your apparent superior knowledge on this subject, and that the test results are not indicative really of anything vitally important, I have made it clear that we do not rely on the test results to support our cause - what more do you want me to do?

That's not what users have reported earlier in the thread. One user reported that he turned the autoupdate OFF, and your application still updated.
Sir, you should get your facts right. Here is what the user actually said:
When I did finally get the software ready to be installed and it asked me to launch it automatically went to update
Nothing about turning it off, nothing about it actually updating. He opened the software, which immediately opened up the update GUI, which gives the user the choice of either updating or not. That is why TPFlegionnaire later said:
automatic update: the software ask you if you want to update, there is a clear yes/no dialogue, if you say no it launches without updating, your turn of phrase ("When I did finally get the software ready to be installed and it asked me to launch it automatically went to update = Stop Sign #3 implies that it automatically update wether you want it or not......
So now please answer this question, who is more guilty of misleading, me - or you?

You also instructed your users to "simply start the program and it will update" when you released a fix for the admin privileges issue.
Give me a break. OK, guilty as charged, but if we are coming down to semantics, this is going to be a very very long thread. What I should have said was "simply start the program, and the update-dialogue-box-will appear-giving-you-the-opportunity-to-update-or-not-but-don't-worry-because-it-will-not-update-automatically.

Regardless of what I said, it does not change the fact that SpinnerChief does not autoupdate, and never has, thus rendering many of your objections void. If you are going to cane our software, the least you could do is test it yourself so that you can verify your own accusations. Something you clearly have not done.

But there's a pattern on the net of people calling your application malware. How can someone call your application malware without reporting damage or harm?
Now you're getting the point. Now do you understand why we are so outraged and frustrated with all of this bull****?
aj113 is offline  
Unread 30th Sep 2010, 05:22 AM   #111
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 560
Thanks: 18
Thanked 71 Times in 31 Posts
Default
Re: ***FREE - SpinnerChief - the Ultimate Spinner!***
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Karan Goel View Post

And that's why I suggest AJ to post the activity of SC. At least that would just make a few things clear.

Karan
Karan did you miss my last post answering this? The activity of SC has been plastered all over the net - it is there for anyone who wants to see it.

It has been interpreted by a self-confessed .NET ignoramus as suspicious in the original BHW post that started all of this off, and yet if you apply the same test to TBS it returns exactly the same results.
aj113 is offline  
Unread 30th Sep 2010, 08:11 AM   #112
AT gmail DOT com
War Room Member
 
CDarklock's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: Kent, WA
Posts: 8,105
Thanks: 2,079
Thanked 6,836 Times in 3,002 Posts
Blog Entries: 5
Default
Re: ***FREE - SpinnerChief - the Ultimate Spinner!***
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by aj113 View Post

With respect, it was YOU that made the post identifying it as a problem, not me.
That's not the problem. The problem was that you said you submitted your application for Microsoft testing, which you did not.

I have since made a post clarifying exactly what we did, thus leaving the readers to make their own mind up.
And exactly what you did was say you did something you did not do.

Sir, you should get your facts right.
You have a mechanism in place to change your software whenever you want. The facts today are not necessarily the facts of yesterday, and will not necessarily be the facts tomorrow.

So now please answer this question, who is more guilty of misleading, me - or you?
Given that you've deliberately misled people already, I'd say you.

Regardless of what I said, it does not change the fact that SpinnerChief does not autoupdate, and never has, thus rendering many of your objections void.
My only objection is that you clearly cannot be trusted, because you have just outright lied to make people think you can be.

If you are going to cane our software, the least you could do is test it yourself so that you can verify your own accusations.
My accusation is that you can install whatever code you want into the application at a future date. You can't deny that, because that's what your update facility is for.

And I assert that it is a Bad Idea to put that kind of power into the hands of someone who cannot be trusted.
CDarklock is offline  
Unread 30th Sep 2010, 09:30 AM   #113
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 560
Thanks: 18
Thanked 71 Times in 31 Posts
Default
Re: ***FREE - SpinnerChief - the Ultimate Spinner!***
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by CDarklock View Post

My only objection is that you clearly cannot be trusted, because you have just outright lied to make people think you can be.
How about you address the issue of your own outright lies?

You didn't quote your source, you paraphrased, and lied in the process, deliberately misleading readers by claiming that a user reported that his software automatically updated after turning it off. This is an outright LIE.

My only objection is that you have come suspiciously late to this thread, and demonstrably mis-quoted a post in order to underline your false claim of my "untrustworthyness". Moreover the post you referred to was made by a member who himself had a post deleted from this thread for spamming affiliate links. You are clearly happy to be associated with such people.

You stated flat that SpinnerChief autoupdates even though it clearly does not. Another LIE. How could you possibly know anyway? You have never even used the software.

And you have the temerity to call me untrustworthy? Outrageous.

My accusation is that you can install whatever code you want into the application at a future date. You can't deny that, because that's what your update facility is for.
You realise you're accusing our software of having the same function of every just about every software on the planet? Or is that yet another attempt to deliberately mislead readers?
aj113 is offline  
Unread 30th Sep 2010, 09:30 AM   #114
Joseph Tosh
War Room Member
 
Slaughter's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 1,721
Thanks: 224
Thanked 352 Times in 161 Posts
Blog Entries: 1
Default
Re: ***FREE - SpinnerChief - the Ultimate Spinner!***
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by aj113 View Post

Karan did you miss my last post answering this? The activity of SC has been plastered all over the net - it is there for anyone who wants to see it.

It has been interpreted by a self-confessed .NET ignoramus as suspicious in the original BHW post that started all of this off, and yet if you apply the same test to TBS it returns exactly the same results.
Yes, they have plastered it, but not all!

And the same places have seen these accusations being emerged. Right?

My accusation is that you can install whatever code you want into the application at a future date. You can't deny that, because that's what your update facility is for.
Slaughter is offline  
Unread 30th Sep 2010, 10:34 AM   #115
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 560
Thanks: 18
Thanked 71 Times in 31 Posts
Default
Re: ***FREE - SpinnerChief - the Ultimate Spinner!***
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Karan Goel View Post

....And the same places have seen these accusations being emerged. Right?
Right. So why do you think it would be any different here? You can see that people will say just about anything in their desperation to discredit us regardless of veracity or substantiation.
aj113 is offline  
Unread 30th Sep 2010, 12:40 PM   #116
HyperActive Warrior
 
Suka's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: South Africa
Posts: 118
Thanks: 16
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default
Re: ***FREE - SpinnerChief - the Ultimate Spinner!***
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

I Downloaded the Software and its working great! I must admit my first impression was to stay away because of all that was being said, but come on guys. The software creator has personally explained himself hear, and that alone proves that he is "legit"

The software works Great! Thank you very much for the time and effort you put into creating this software for us for free. We will all look back in a few months with a free spinner that can compete with a $77 product..

Thanks Again
Suka is offline  
Unread 30th Sep 2010, 01:06 PM   #117
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 560
Thanks: 18
Thanked 71 Times in 31 Posts
Default
Re: ***FREE - SpinnerChief - the Ultimate Spinner!***
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Suka View Post

I Downloaded the Software and its working great! I must admit my first impression was to stay away because of all that was being said, but come on guys. The software creator has personally explained himself hear, and that alone proves that he is "legit"

The software works Great! Thank you very much for the time and effort you put into creating this software for us for free. We will all look back in a few months with a free spinner that can compete with a $77 product..

Thanks Again
You are welcome, and look out for the next updates, you will totally love them!
aj113 is offline  
Unread 30th Sep 2010, 04:19 PM   #118
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 560
Thanks: 18
Thanked 71 Times in 31 Posts
Default
Re: ***FREE - SpinnerChief - the Ultimate Spinner!***
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi all I forget to say, if you want the non-admin rights version of update.exe, you have to download the software again - update.exe can't update itself.
aj113 is offline  
Unread 30th Sep 2010, 04:53 PM   #119
AT gmail DOT com
War Room Member
 
CDarklock's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: Kent, WA
Posts: 8,105
Thanks: 2,079
Thanked 6,836 Times in 3,002 Posts
Blog Entries: 5
Default
Re: ***FREE - SpinnerChief - the Ultimate Spinner!***
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by aj113 View Post

You didn't quote your source, you paraphrased, and lied in the process, deliberately misleading readers
I believe I have already stated that if you have changed the software since that report was made, there is absolutely no way for anyone to verify that report's accuracy today.

Perhaps the report is inaccurate. There is no way to know. Which is why I said you've been accused of it, which is true. I'm not misleading anyone.

My only objection is that you have come suspiciously late to this thread
I came to this thread when you claimed to have passed Windows Logo testing.

Prior to that, it was all a question of whether your software did what you said, and your update facility makes any analysis of that effectively impossible. If I studied your software in depth and pronounced it safe, you could replace it in a matter of minutes with something unsafe.

So there was no way to be sure one way or the other. It was all he-said-she-said crap with no objective way to be sure who was telling the truth. But when you went to a major testing program with well-documented requirements? Ahh, now we have some way to check what you're saying.

You stated flat that SpinnerChief autoupdates even though it clearly does not.
Does it or does it not contact your server and replace the main executable with the latest version available?

If another server were to hijack your DNS entry at the router level (perhaps something like, say "black hat automation"), how are your customers protected from that server handing them any program it wanted?

And you have the temerity to call me untrustworthy?
Yes. Yes, I do.

Just a few days ago, you claimed that your application passed a testing process which it did not and could not.

You know your application isn't digitally signed. You know your application is required to be digitally signed. And you claimed to have passed anyway.

Of course, nobody gives a damn if your application is signed. But it's rather important that you lie to your users about security.

You realise you're accusing our software of having the same function of every just about every software on the planet?
Well, no, I'm not.

I'm accusing your software of having an insecure and exploitable update channel.

Imagine if your software had a TLS update channel with CHAP authentication for the client. Whenever an update arrived, the level of security on that channel would effectively guarantee that whoever delivered that update had control of your server certificate and registration database. So if, say, some black hat site were to inject its own IP into the ARP cache under your update server's name... it still couldn't deliver updates to your users, because it wouldn't have your certificate and the client would refuse to download.

Now imagine that your updates were all archived and properly versioned, so that anyone could go to your server at any time and download any version of your software they wanted. If someone saw "Version 1.2.3.4 is available, would you like to download it?" they could be as paranoid as they wanted about that version, and if they got the willies over it they could just go grab version 1.2.3.3 again.

But you don't have that. Instead, you have the dubious assertion that your competition is in some sort of global internet conspiracy to discredit you by making people think you distribute malware.

Prove you don't. Or, at the very least, make it tremendously unlikely that you do. Bundle MD5 signatures with your archives. Make it absolutely trivial for your users to hold you accountable over your software's operation.

Because right now, it's really hard, and you seem to like it that way.
CDarklock is offline  
Unread 30th Sep 2010, 05:22 PM   #120
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 560
Thanks: 18
Thanked 71 Times in 31 Posts
Default
Re: ***FREE - SpinnerChief - the Ultimate Spinner!***
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by CDarklock View Post

I believe I have already stated that if you have changed the software since that report was made, there is absolutely no way for anyone to verify that report's accuracy today.

Perhaps the report is inaccurate. There is no way to know. Which is why I said you've been accused of it, which is true. I'm not misleading anyone.
I am going to assume this is a genuine misunderstanding rather than a deliberate obfuscation.

I am talking about the assertion you made that a member here chose the option not to update and yet the software still updated. The member stated nothing of the sort, which I have clearly demonstrated.

I am also talking about your unsubstantiated and repeated claims that SpinnerChief autoupdates. It does not, and it never has done. You have never witnessed it doing that, no-one has, because it doesn't.

If you fail to address these issues, then you stand as a twice-proven liar.

So before we go any further, please demonstrate why you are NOT a liar on both of these issues.
aj113 is offline  
Unread 30th Sep 2010, 05:55 PM   #121
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 560
Thanks: 18
Thanked 71 Times in 31 Posts
Default
Re: ***FREE - SpinnerChief - the Ultimate Spinner!***
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Because right now, it's really hard, and you seem to like it that way.
Like? Like? Man, have you any idea what it is like to spend hour after hour, day after day replying to bull**** unsubstantiated posts that trash both your product and your reputation, made by a bunch of lowlife attention-whores?

Like? Man that would be funny if I wasn't too busy crying.

Put some damned evidence on the table that SpinnerChief has actually performed one single malicious act or else take your glib opinions elsewhere.
aj113 is offline  
Unread 30th Sep 2010, 06:09 PM   #122
AT gmail DOT com
War Room Member
 
CDarklock's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: Kent, WA
Posts: 8,105
Thanks: 2,079
Thanked 6,836 Times in 3,002 Posts
Blog Entries: 5
Default
Re: ***FREE - SpinnerChief - the Ultimate Spinner!***
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by aj113 View Post

I am going to assume this is a genuine misunderstanding rather than a deliberate obfuscation.
Okay, then let's move on, because both points you've made are irrelevant.

Your update facility, no matter how manual or automatic it is, makes it near-impossible to prove you've done (or not done) anything at all.

That same facility also makes it completely trivial to put whatever code you want on your users' computers.

This combination is extremely dangerous, so your users deserve some assurance that you are aware of the risks - and that you will protect them from those risks.

Your effort to so assure those users was to claim you had passed testing for a program in which you did not meet the requirements. It does not exactly take a genius to figure out that if you have passed anything, it is certainly not the full testing process, because your application is already guaranteed not to pass.

I leave it to the reader whether this means you are dishonest, or dumb, or some combination of the two.

No matter what it means, I then put it to the reader whether that is a person they trust to be aware of the aforementioned risks, and protect them from those risks.

Personally, I say "hell no."
CDarklock is offline  
Unread 30th Sep 2010, 07:35 PM   #123
Active Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2005
Location: , , USA.
Posts: 99
Thanks: 3
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default
Re: ***FREE - SpinnerChief - the Ultimate Spinner!***
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by tadpole View Post

OK, sent you an e-mail.
I do understand that it may be at my end as I don't think any one else on here has my Host but you never know.

Chuck
Did you receive my e-mail?
Haven't received a response yet to tell me what other info you need to look into why I can't access your server.

BTW, I just tried to ping the server and receive '100%' fail.

Chuck
tadpole is offline  
Unread 1st Oct 2010, 02:59 AM   #124
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 560
Thanks: 18
Thanked 71 Times in 31 Posts
Default
Re: ***FREE - SpinnerChief - the Ultimate Spinner!***
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by CDarklock View Post

Okay, then let's move on, because both points you've made are irrelevant.
How convenient. Is it irrelevant that you lied twice in your efforts to 'prove' me untrustworthy? Is it irrelevant that you have not made one single attempt to justify these actions? You will not escape scrutiny by simply declaring your actions irrelevant.

Your update facility, no matter how manual or automatic it is, makes it near-impossible to prove you've done (or not done) anything at all.
This is what we in the UK call 'moving the goalposts'. It was vitally important to you earlier that the update facility was automatic, because you used that 'fact' to 'prove' that I am untrustworthy. So how come it is all of a sudden 'no matter' ?

That same facility also makes it completely trivial to put whatever code you want on your users' computers.
Ok so SpinnerChief has been available quite a few weeks now, and we have approximately 2k users, let's list all of the instances of SpinnerChief actually performing a malicious act:













Oh, what a surprise. Nothing.

And in the end, when all of the shouting and speculation is finished, isn't that the ONLY important point?

I leave it to the reader to decide whether to trust the words of a guy whose zeal to prove someone untrustworthy consumed him so much that he lied twice in the process himself.

Personally, I say "hell no."
aj113 is offline  
Unread 1st Oct 2010, 03:06 AM   #125
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 560
Thanks: 18
Thanked 71 Times in 31 Posts
Default
Re: ***FREE - SpinnerChief - the Ultimate Spinner!***
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by tadpole View Post

Did you receive my e-mail?
Haven't received a response yet to tell me what other info you need to look into why I can't access your server.

BTW, I just tried to ping the server and receive '100%' fail.

Chuck
Hi Chuck I pm'd you on Tuesday to confirm that we had not received an email as yet and I gave you my IM id's as a possible alternative too.
aj113 is offline  
Unread 1st Oct 2010, 03:42 AM   #126
AT gmail DOT com
War Room Member
 
CDarklock's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: Kent, WA
Posts: 8,105
Thanks: 2,079
Thanked 6,836 Times in 3,002 Posts
Blog Entries: 5
Default
Re: ***FREE - SpinnerChief - the Ultimate Spinner!***
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by aj113 View Post

How convenient. Is it irrelevant that you lied twice
Didn't we agree to assume this was a genuine misunderstanding?

This is what we in the UK call 'moving the goalposts'.
It was your idea to call it a misunderstanding, and now you want to jump up and down screaming about how it's not fair for me to accept that?

Ok so SpinnerChief has been available quite a few weeks now, and we have approximately 2k users, let's list all of the instances of SpinnerChief actually performing a malicious act
The way this particular con works, my friend, is not to be malicious until nobody is looking - and to stop before you get caught. The tiny minority of people who get suspicious have too short a window of opportunity to prove anything, can't gather any compelling evidence, and you dismiss any public accusations as a conspiracy by your competitors.

Of course, I can't prove you're running this particular con game. But I can tell you whether it looks like a duck.

The question then becomes: do I trust you not to be a con man?

For example, do you keep your word when you give it?

I leave it to the reader to decide whether to trust the words of a guy whose zeal to prove someone untrustworthy consumed him so much that he lied twice in the process himself.
I am perfectly comfortable with that, because they don't have to trust my words.

They can just read yours.

Because here you are, offering to assume the "automatic update" thing is a misunderstanding... then calling me a liar for accepting that offer.

Does that sound like someone you can trust?

I know my answer to that.
CDarklock is offline  
Unread 1st Oct 2010, 08:01 AM   #127
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 560
Thanks: 18
Thanked 71 Times in 31 Posts
Default
Re: ***FREE - SpinnerChief - the Ultimate Spinner!***
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by CDarklock View Post

Didn't we agree to assume this was a genuine misunderstanding?
No, we did not.
It was your idea to call it a misunderstanding, and now you want to jump up and down screaming about how it's not fair for me to accept that?
Nice try. Just because I magnanimously chose to designate your post as YOUR misunderstanding of MY words as opposed to deliberately skirting the issues, does not mean that your heinous lies are magically forgotten. Why else would I post immediately afterwards:
I am talking about the assertion you made that a member here chose the option not to update and yet the software still updated. The member stated nothing of the sort, which I have clearly demonstrated.

I am also talking about your unsubstantiated and repeated claims that SpinnerChief autoupdates. It does not, and it never has done. You have never witnessed it doing that, no-one has, because it doesn't.
Why? Because I was clarifying the words that you had misunderstood.

Come on man, surely you can do better than twisting my words to suit your purpose?

....Because here you are, offering to assume the "automatic update" thing is a misunderstanding... then calling me a liar for accepting that offer.
And now that have proved you wrong on this count, I assume that you will now retract your assertion that I am untrustworthy, and consequently conclude that the program is NOT a con?
aj113 is offline  
Unread 1st Oct 2010, 08:12 AM   #128
I think I'm getting there
War Room Member
 
Hackbridge's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2005
Location: West Midlands, United Kingdom.
Posts: 2,084
Thanks: 1,259
Thanked 391 Times in 339 Posts
Blog Entries: 6
Default
Re: ***FREE - SpinnerChief - the Ultimate Spinner!***
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by aj113 View Post

Thanks for your kind comments Phil, to be fair, that is a WF filter. WF does not allow the word Blаcĸһаt. However, all links have been fixed now, and you are correct about it being a serious rival to TBS, we are working on some updates that will make SpinnerChief even more powerful.
I've actually just recently re-installed TBS as I had my hard drive formatted. So it will be good to compare the two.

Where can I register so I'm aware of updates?

Thanks for the software.

Brian
Hackbridge is offline  
Unread 1st Oct 2010, 12:13 PM   #129
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 560
Thanks: 18
Thanked 71 Times in 31 Posts
Default
Re: ***FREE - SpinnerChief - the Ultimate Spinner!***
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Hackbridge View Post

I've actually just recently re-installed TBS as I had my hard drive formatted. So it will be good to compare the two.

Where can I register so I'm aware of updates?

Thanks for the software.

Brian
Hi Brian, the program itself gives you the opportunity to register when you first open it. We would be very interested to see the results of your comparison. As a matter of fact we have just done exactly that ourselves and I will post our own results shortly.
aj113 is offline  
Unread 1st Oct 2010, 12:28 PM   #130
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 560
Thanks: 18
Thanked 71 Times in 31 Posts
Default
Comparison: SpinnerChief and The Best Spinner
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Install
TBS - Need to run install file to install (Needs admin rights to install if you are using win7 or vista)
SC - No need to run install, run directly, does not need admin rights.

Update
TBS - Checks update in background automatically when you run start the program, if there is an update, main program runs the update program automatically (Need admin rights if you are using vista and win7), the update program automatically gets the newest version without asking, that means TBS doesn't give user an option to decide if they want the update installed, all users are forced to use the newest version.
SC - When you start the software, it runs the update program (Need admin rights previusly, does not need now) to check update, if there is an update, the program asks the user if he wants the update, if the user selects "No", program doesn't get the update, if the user selects "Yes", program gets the update.

Uninstall
TBS - Needs admin rights to run uninstall.
SC - No need to run anything to uninstall, just delete the whole folder.

Registry Activities - using Active Register Monitor to check - Active Registry Monitor for Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000, the Windows Registry analyzer
TBS - after install, registry added 3 items, distinction/modified few data items too.
SC - no registry changes

Network Acitvities - using Ethereal to check- Ethereal: A Network Protocol Analyzer

Both TBS and SC visit the network when the program starts to check for updates and messages, all network activities of Both TBS and SC are seeable and both show nothing unusual.
*******************************
NB:
TBS visits the network continually while in use, if you disconnect from the network, you will be not able to use TBS.
SC never visits the network while in use, you can still use SC if you disconnect from the network.
aj113 is offline  
Unread 8th Oct 2010, 12:35 PM   #131
Unconstructed
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Over there!
Posts: 487
Thanks: 207
Thanked 200 Times in 118 Posts
Default
Re: ***FREE - SpinnerChief - the Ultimate Spinner!***
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

I seem to remember AJ Offered a free version of his other software 'Content Hurricane' some time back.

Many, many people downladed it and used it happily.

So It's not like AJ is an unknown quantity!

There were none of these accusations flying around for that particular program.

Pete
peterj is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to peterj For This Useful Post:
Unread 8th Oct 2010, 09:37 PM   #132
Active Warrior
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: BALI ISLAND
Posts: 68
Thanks: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default
Re: ***FREE - SpinnerChief - the Ultimate Spinner!***
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

thanks for this spinner article software .. I'll just install and try this spinner .. hope this will help me to create an unique article
meisters is offline  
Unread 18th Oct 2010, 01:40 PM   #133
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: New York,London,Paris,Munich
Posts: 111
Thanks: 6
Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Default
Re: ***FREE - SpinnerChief - the Ultimate Spinner!***
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Ran this and all negative as shown below.

Antivirus Version Last Update Result AhnLab-V3 2010.10.17.01 2010.10.17 - AntiVir 7.10.12.232 2010.10.17 - Antiy-AVL 2.0.3.7 2010.10.17 - Authentium 5.2.0.5 2010.10.17 - Avast 4.8.1351.0 2010.10.17 - Avast5 5.0.594.0 2010.10.17 - AVG 9.0.0.851 2010.10.17 - BitDefender 7.2 2010.10.18 - CAT-QuickHeal 11.00 2010.10.15 - ClamAV 0.96.2.0-git 2010.10.18 - Comodo 6423 2010.10.18 - DrWeb 5.0.2.03300 2010.10.18 - Emsisoft 5.0.0.50 2010.10.17 - eSafe 7.0.17.0 2010.10.17 - eTrust-Vet 36.1.7914 2010.10.15 - F-Prot 4.6.2.117 2010.10.17 - F-Secure 9.0.16160.0 2010.10.17 - Fortinet 4.2.249.0 2010.10.17 - GData 21 2010.10.18 - Ikarus T3.1.1.90.0 2010.10.17 - Jiangmin 13.0.900 2010.10.17 - K7AntiVirus 9.66.2760 2010.10.15 - Kaspersky 7.0.0.125 2010.10.17 - McAfee 5.400.0.1158 2010.10.18 - McAfee-GW-Edition 2010.1C 2010.10.17 - Microsoft 1.6201 2010.10.17 - NOD32 5540 2010.10.17 - Norman 6.06.07 2010.10.17 - nProtect 2010-10-17.01 2010.10.17 - Panda 10.0.2.7 2010.10.17 - PCTools 7.0.3.5 2010.10.18 - Prevx 3.0 2010.10.18 - Rising 22.69.04.03 2010.10.15 - Sophos 4.58.0 2010.10.17 - Sunbelt 7082 2010.10.17 - SUPERAntiSpyware 4.40.0.1006 2010.10.17 - Symantec 20101.2.0.161 2010.10.18 - TheHacker 6.7.0.1.059 2010.10.17 - TrendMicro 9.120.0.1004 2010.10.17 - TrendMicro-HouseCall 9.120.0.1004 2010.10.18 - VBA32 3.12.14.1 2010.10.15 - ViRobot 2010.9.25.4060 2010.10.17 - VirusBuster 12.69.3.4 2010.10.17 -
Marie A is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Marie A For This Useful Post:
Unread 16th Nov 2010, 12:55 PM   #134
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 105
Thanks: 3
Thanked 9 Times in 4 Posts
Default
Re: ***FREE - SpinnerChief - the Ultimate Spinner!***
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

thanks for sharing this
silverf0x is offline  
Unread 17th Nov 2010, 12:26 AM   #135
Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default
Re: ***FREE - SpinnerChief - the Ultimate Spinner!***
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Don't have TBS... but been hearing it has been having issues......
AnotherTime is offline  
Unread 21st Nov 2010, 10:37 PM   #136
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 13
Thanks: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default
Re: ***FREE - SpinnerChief - the Ultimate Spinner!***
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

App checkouts fine w SpybotSD, no problems. if you're concerned with runing *any* ap, run it inside a virtual machine.
sycme is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to sycme For This Useful Post:
Unread 24th Nov 2010, 01:34 PM   #137
Banned
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: East Coast, USA
Posts: 149
Thanks: 41
Thanked 27 Times in 22 Posts
Default
Re: ***FREE - SpinnerChief - the Ultimate Spinner!***
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

It's been hilarious to read all the attacks on spinnerchief & aj113.

While aj is consistently rational and considering the circumstances, incredibly non-enraged, the attackers are amazingly irrational and in many cases downright annoying.

To the point that I found it difficult to wade through many of their bizarre rants.

The funniest part of all this is that, if spinnerchief cost $77 a year, or $127 a month or something similarly outrageous, many would be falling all over each other trying to find hacks/cracks/regcodes etc to get it for free. LOL

It's fun watching the steady commoditization of internet marketing software. SEnuke's a perfect case in point. I used to waste $127 a month to do far far less than Magic Submitter enables me do for a fraction of the cost.

aj113, please make a general content submitter asap.
robofx is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to robofx For This Useful Post:
Unread 24th Nov 2010, 03:56 PM   #138
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 560
Thanks: 18
Thanked 71 Times in 31 Posts
Default
Re: ***FREE - SpinnerChief - the Ultimate Spinner!***
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by robofx View Post

.....
aj113, please make a general content submitter asap.
It's on its way even now
aj113 is offline  
Unread 24th Nov 2010, 04:07 PM   #139
Banned
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: East Coast, USA
Posts: 149
Thanks: 41
Thanked 27 Times in 22 Posts
Default
Re: ***FREE - SpinnerChief - the Ultimate Spinner!***
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by aj113 View Post

It's on its way even now
My gosh. He's the antichrist.
robofx is offline  
Unread 6th Dec 2010, 06:44 AM   #140
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default
Re: ***FREE - SpinnerChief - the Ultimate Spinner!***
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi all
Please help. I downloaded spinnerchief and it won't run. It hasn't got .exe behind the spinnerchief word in the files.
Please help.
Nancy72 is offline  
Unread 6th Dec 2010, 08:22 AM   #141
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 560
Thanks: 18
Thanked 71 Times in 31 Posts
Default
Re: ***FREE - SpinnerChief - the Ultimate Spinner!***
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Your system is probably configured to hide file extensions. If the file is called spinnerchief and it has an icon of a red indian chief, that's the right one!
aj113 is offline  
Unread 8th Dec 2010, 09:41 AM   #142
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 135
Thanks: 17
Thanked 28 Times in 27 Posts
Default
Re: ***FREE - SpinnerChief - the Ultimate Spinner!***
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

@AJ113: I somehow misplaced my old exe of your program and the download link now wants me to go through some partner link???
parsibagan is offline  
Unread 8th Dec 2010, 09:56 AM   #143
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 560
Thanks: 18
Thanked 71 Times in 31 Posts
Default
Re: ***FREE - SpinnerChief - the Ultimate Spinner!***
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by parsibagan View Post

@AJ113: I somehow misplaced my old exe of your program and the download link now wants me to go through some partner link???
Yes, SpinnerChief can only be downloaded through a partner link. This is in support of our Turbo-aff partners. See here: http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior-...t=spinnerchief
aj113 is offline  
Unread 8th Dec 2010, 10:07 AM   #144
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 135
Thanks: 17
Thanked 28 Times in 27 Posts
Default
Re: ***FREE - SpinnerChief - the Ultimate Spinner!***
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Downloaded and installed. Will test it again in a few days. Hardly get any time free after completing other tasks.
parsibagan is offline  
Unread 16th Dec 2010, 07:57 PM   #145
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
rmoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 325
Thanks: 51
Thanked 241 Times in 122 Posts
Default
Re: ***FREE - SpinnerChief - the Ultimate Spinner!***
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

AJ,

Thanks for putting this software out for free. I got sick of reading all the people picking this to death in this thread. Don't let this bum you out...

There are a bunch of us who are grateful that you put out such a great piece of software for free. I'm betting we outnumber the skeptics 10 to 1.

Great job buddy!

-Rusty
rmoore is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to rmoore For This Useful Post:
Unread 18th Dec 2010, 10:41 AM   #146
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 135
Thanks: 17
Thanked 28 Times in 27 Posts
Default
Re: ***FREE - SpinnerChief - the Ultimate Spinner!***
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

It is undoubtedly awesome. I just wish that a single key is incorporated for jumping from one word to the next instead of `ctrl' + `alt' There are some other minor hiccups, but I'm not complaining because they do not stop the task, just slow it down.
parsibagan is offline  
Unread 18th Dec 2010, 10:51 AM   #147
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 560
Thanks: 18
Thanked 71 Times in 31 Posts
Default
Re: ***FREE - SpinnerChief - the Ultimate Spinner!***
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

If it helps, you can change the alt key in the advance options tab.
aj113 is offline  
Unread 10th Jan 2011, 03:45 PM   #148
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 560
Thanks: 18
Thanked 71 Times in 31 Posts
Default
Re: ***FREE - SpinnerChief - the Ultimate Spinner!***
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

New UPdates Today!
1. Copyscape integrated with SpinnerChief Pro
2. ContentHurricane integrated with SpinnerChief Pro
3. Html Spin with SpinnerChief Pro
4. New article scrape function for SpinnerChief Pro
5. Orderly use of csv variable
6. Show original word/sentence when editing text
7. Use "Tab" to auto-select next Synonyms
8. Fixed some bugs reported from users
Video tutorials already posted in the user support forum.
aj113 is offline  
Unread 15th Jan 2011, 11:06 PM   #149
POF Warrior
War Room Member
 
Anthony W's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 387
Thanks: 289
Thanked 799 Times in 104 Posts
Default
Re: ***FREE - SpinnerChief - the Ultimate Spinner!***
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Is this mac compatible? I downloaded it and saw .exe files
Anthony W is offline  
Unread 16th Jan 2011, 03:32 AM   #150
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 560
Thanks: 18
Thanked 71 Times in 31 Posts
Default
Re: ***FREE - SpinnerChief - the Ultimate Spinner!***
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Tony W View Post

Is this mac compatible? I downloaded it and saw .exe files
Not directly, but you could run it on a VM
aj113 is offline  
Closed Thread


Bookmarks

Tags
free, spinner, spinnerchief, ultimate

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:52 PM.