Register Blogs Advertise with usHelp Desk Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Unread 28th Aug 2011, 10:02 AM   #2751
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
DianaLensbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: London, UK
Posts: 85
Thanks: 36
Thanked 129 Times in 62 Posts
Default
Re: [MASSIVE PROOF INSIDE - OVER 700 FIRST PAGE RANKINGS IN THIS THREAD] Thousands already MADE $$$$
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by optimumex View Post

Diana, no one seems to talk about or mention this, but subdomains are typically treated like new domains by G. So if it seems like they're taking longer to get indexed than posts or pages on the TLD, then that's more than likely the reason why. The same incubation period that is given to a "new domain" is extended to a new subdomain, from what I've seen.

optimumex
Thanks, but what I actually meant to imply was that the root domain and its underlying pages get indexed quite quickly whereas the sub-domains are taking some time to get indexed even though they were created on the same day as the root domain.
Just curious if anyone had experienced a delay in indexing sub-domains on a new root domain.

Diana
DianaLensbury is offline  
Unread 28th Aug 2011, 11:26 AM   #2752
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: Let Me Check...
Posts: 762
Thanks: 363
Thanked 220 Times in 193 Posts
Default
Re: [MASSIVE PROOF INSIDE - OVER 700 FIRST PAGE RANKINGS IN THIS THREAD] Thousands already MADE $$$$
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by DianaLensbury View Post

Thanks, but what I actually meant to imply was that the root domain and its underlying pages get indexed quite quickly whereas the sub-domains are taking some time to get indexed even though they were created on the same day as the root domain.
Just curious if anyone had experienced a delay in indexing sub-domains on a new root domain.

Diana
I read a while ago that you should set up subdomains separately in Web Host Manager just like domains to get better ranking (and probably indexing). An SEO expert could maybe add a bit of info to this.
deltamatrix is offline  
Unread 28th Aug 2011, 11:50 AM   #2753
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Supafly's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 176
Thanks: 182
Thanked 67 Times in 24 Posts
Default
Re: [MASSIVE PROOF INSIDE - OVER 700 FIRST PAGE RANKINGS IN THIS THREAD] Thousands already MADE $$$$
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Since Mega Link Blaster is currently not excepting new subscribers, does anyone have another source for building backlinks to our posts? Most tools only provide for a handful of domains at a time so I'm clearly looking for a tool that can build links to hundreds of posts.

I realize Jeremy said that in most cases there is no need to build backlinks and that the posts should rank on their own, but i have a client who is in one of the toughest niches in the toughest local areas and we need to add some juice to our posts.

I read through as much of this thread as i could to look for the answer, but ugh, there are so many so I'm just askin. If this answer has already been given, feel free to direct me to that post in the thread. Thanks.

Dino
Supafly is offline  
Unread 28th Aug 2011, 11:53 AM   #2754
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
SirThomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 964
Thanks: 255
Thanked 231 Times in 182 Posts
Default
Re: [MASSIVE PROOF INSIDE - OVER 700 FIRST PAGE RANKINGS IN THIS THREAD] Thousands already MADE $$$$
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Michael Rytter View Post

That sooo ROCKS......! We have an online wood business, and I am soooo tired of people who believe they can walk all over you because of "the customers always right!" bull****....maybe in my parents day, but not today! Go take your pennies somewhere else! I'm not gonna bend over for you!


Michael Rytter
"... customer is always right..." ---> "oh absolutely, but I am not always stupid!"

It works very well and puts you in a good mood. Trust me on this one... :-)


Thomas
SirThomas is offline  
Unread 28th Aug 2011, 11:54 AM   #2755
HyperActive Warrior
 
eQuus's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 162
Thanks: 78
Thanked 35 Times in 28 Posts
Default
Re: [MASSIVE PROOF INSIDE - OVER 700 FIRST PAGE RANKINGS IN THIS THREAD] Thousands already MADE $$$$
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Jeremy Kelsall View Post

....so, giving away your licensing info probably isn't smart.
My mother tried to get it out of me once -- just once. I put her in a home deep in Cajun country.
eQuus is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eQuus For This Useful Post:
Unread 28th Aug 2011, 12:46 PM   #2756
Active Warrior
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Bangalore, India
Posts: 40
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default
Re: [MASSIVE PROOF INSIDE - OVER 700 FIRST PAGE RANKINGS IN THIS THREAD] Thousands already MADE $$$$
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Can we use Spinner syntax in title and description? I use AIOSEO along with LPN?

Thanks
Shaon
Shaon Sha is offline  
Unread 28th Aug 2011, 01:02 PM   #2757
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: London UK
Posts: 79
Thanks: 21
Thanked 185 Times in 84 Posts
Default
Re: [MASSIVE PROOF INSIDE - OVER 700 FIRST PAGE RANKINGS IN THIS THREAD] Thousands already MADE $$$$
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi Shaon

Why do you want to use Spinner Syntax? As already stated on several occasions these are Local Listings with different state/city headers there is no duplicate content issue, just forget about it.

If you feel you need to build backlinks go to fiverr and get a .edu .gov package from someone with good feedback, 99% of local sites have none, you will beat them all. When you get the completed list go to Ping Farm and rapid index them. Use the onlywire plugin for syndication to Web 2, this will keep you high on the first page.

Regards
CD
Cyberdetective is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cyberdetective For This Useful Post:
Unread 28th Aug 2011, 01:14 PM   #2758
Active Warrior
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: London
Posts: 13
Thanks: 34
Thanked 14 Times in 9 Posts
Default
Re: [MASSIVE PROOF INSIDE - OVER 700 FIRST PAGE RANKINGS IN THIS THREAD] Thousands already MADE $$$$
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

I just realised that LPN creates additional sites with domain.com/page/2 only when I write posts.

I have the permanlink on /%postname% but it still does this page sites with the number but only when I create posts.

Any tip?

Did I miss something?

Thanks as allways
Maria
freemind is offline  
Unread 28th Aug 2011, 01:23 PM   #2759
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: Let Me Check...
Posts: 762
Thanks: 363
Thanked 220 Times in 193 Posts
Default
Re: [MASSIVE PROOF INSIDE - OVER 700 FIRST PAGE RANKINGS IN THIS THREAD] Thousands already MADE $$$$
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by freemind View Post

I just realised that LPN creates additional sites with domain.com/page/2 only when I write posts.

I have the permanlink on /%postname% but it still does this page sites with the number but only when I create posts.

Any tip?

Did I miss something?

Thanks as allways
Maria
Probably a duplicate post using the same title so a 2 was added to the URL.
deltamatrix is offline  
Unread 28th Aug 2011, 01:31 PM   #2760
Active Warrior
 
Michael Rytter's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 18
Thanks: 76
Thanked 103 Times in 65 Posts
Default
Re: [MASSIVE PROOF INSIDE - OVER 700 FIRST PAGE RANKINGS IN THIS THREAD] Thousands already MADE $$$$
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by freemind View Post

I just realised that LPN creates additional sites with domain.com/page/2 only when I write posts.

I have the permanlink on /%postname% but it still does this page sites with the number but only when I create posts.

Any tip?

Did I miss something?

Thanks as allways
Maria
Maria, did you forget the closing / after the percent sign, or is that just a typo in this post?
Michael Rytter is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Rytter For This Useful Post:
Unread 28th Aug 2011, 01:34 PM   #2761
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
MisterE's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2003
Location: Oregon State, USA.
Posts: 245
Thanks: 499
Thanked 383 Times in 240 Posts
Default
Re: [MASSIVE PROOF INSIDE - OVER 700 FIRST PAGE RANKINGS IN THIS THREAD] Thousands already MADE $$$$
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by khundawg View Post

Hey Mark, would you elaborate on why this is a bad thing? I freely admit, I am not a proxy veteran but HMA so far has done a great job fixing my issue of checking large numbers of keywords. Before I had HMA, I could only check a couple hundred keywords before big G kicked me to the curb, now I am good to check keywords all day if I want.

I am not saying they are great or anything, honestly, I wouldn't know how to judge them beyond they seem quick and I have more than enough IP's to cover my needs.
Kuhndawg,

My dislike of HMA has more to do with the types of customers they attract more than the efficacy of the proxies they provide.

I follow a simple rule, and that is, Google knows what it wants to know. I also believe that Google knows the origin of every IP that runs through it's servers. I'd stake my life on this belief. It is against Google's
TOS to scrape the SERPs. If you want to scrape legitimately then Google will allow you to pay for the access.

For the purposes of LPN, the only time a proxy would be necessary would be when we are checking for rank. When you enter the URL to be checked, and then begin hammering their servers. Overtime a profile can be built up and your URL and the IP you used will be part of it, along with thousands of others. I personally don't want to be part of this profile. I'm quite confident that Google knows exactly what IP's HMA is providing, if you can afford the service then Google surely can as well. I refuse to give Google any more power than they already have.

Me, myself, I prefer to obtain proxies that aren't provided by paid services. I'm much more satisfied using proxies that aren't dedicated. I would rather use proxies that have a short lifespan. Yeah, it can be a pain at times, and there's no question that speed is reduced. I want to be lumped in with IP's that aren't solely in use by marketers, I want to fly as low under the radar as humanly possible, I don't want an easy to follow trail to lead back to my URL.

90+ percent of HMA's customers are marketers, and from this 90% most likely half of them are using the proxies for use with automated programs and bots. The way I see it, you're simply handing Google your properties on a golden platter. If they're determined to locate you, make them work for it.

What I do when I need proxies is this. I have a proxy program that scrapes a handful of lesser known proxy forums for daily lists. I then transfer the list to a program that checks latency, level and country of origin, from this filtered list I will only use U.S. and Canadian proxies, I will only use level 2 or better proxies and for latency I will use the top 50%. This has worked well for me and I do sleep better at night knowing that I've done as much as I can to remain unnoticed and anonymous. Another thing to keep in mind, never ever use proxies that originate from Panama, China, Eastern Europe, Russia or the Middle East

Yes, I'm paranoid and overly cautious. I've had domains banned.

Do you need to be paranoid or cautious? Most likely not with LPN.

Does this post belong in this thread? No.

Keep in mind that if you leave a big enough footprint, Google may one day react.
MisterE is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MisterE For This Useful Post:
Unread 28th Aug 2011, 01:43 PM   #2762
Active Warrior
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: London
Posts: 13
Thanks: 34
Thanked 14 Times in 9 Posts
Default
Re: [MASSIVE PROOF INSIDE - OVER 700 FIRST PAGE RANKINGS IN THIS THREAD] Thousands already MADE $$$$
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Michael, you were right. Thanks a lot. So guess I need to recreate them. Oh well, it's a learning curve.

Thanks
Maria
freemind is offline  
Unread 28th Aug 2011, 02:53 PM   #2763
Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: , , .
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default
Re: [MASSIVE PROOF INSIDE - OVER 700 FIRST PAGE RANKINGS IN THIS THREAD] Thousands already MADE $$$$
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

2 questions:

1) When is this going private, and will an announcement be made prior to doing so to give those of us on the fence one last chance to buy?

2) For those of you who have been using this... Would 5,000 pages/posts (500 cities, 10 keywords) on a new domain incur a big G spanking? (ie, what is the maximum # of pages/posts per new site to stay under the radar)

Thanks
openfire is offline  
Unread 28th Aug 2011, 02:55 PM   #2764
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: , , .
Posts: 99
Thanks: 286
Thanked 70 Times in 63 Posts
Default
Re: [MASSIVE PROOF INSIDE - OVER 700 FIRST PAGE RANKINGS IN THIS THREAD] Thousands already MADE $$$$
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Supafly View Post

Since Mega Link Blaster is currently not excepting new subscribers, does anyone have another source for building backlinks to our posts? Most tools only provide for a handful of domains at a time so I'm clearly looking for a tool that can build links to hundreds of posts.

I realize Jeremy said that in most cases there is no need to build backlinks and that the posts should rank on their own, but i have a client who is in one of the toughest niches in the toughest local areas and we need to add some juice to our posts.

I read through as much of this thread as i could to look for the answer, but ugh, there are so many so I'm just askin. If this answer has already been given, feel free to direct me to that post in the thread. Thanks.

Dino
there are some good services at fiverr , sort by rating
Roger Gonzales is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Roger Gonzales For This Useful Post:
Unread 28th Aug 2011, 03:36 PM   #2765
DX
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 21
Thanks: 30
Thanked 23 Times in 12 Posts
Default
Re: [MASSIVE PROOF INSIDE - OVER 700 FIRST PAGE RANKINGS IN THIS THREAD] Thousands already MADE $$$$
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by openfire View Post


2) For those of you who have been using this... Would 5,000 pages/posts (500 cities, 10 keywords) on a new domain incur a big G spanking? (ie, what is the maximum # of pages/posts per new site to stay under the radar)

Thanks
Since no body really knows for sure ...
I'm probably as much an expert as anyone...

my advise is create a bunch

wait till they're indexed then create another bunch

bunch = a logical humanly possible amount
DX is offline  
Unread 28th Aug 2011, 03:37 PM   #2766
Active Warrior
 
Michael Rytter's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 18
Thanks: 76
Thanked 103 Times in 65 Posts
Default
Re: [MASSIVE PROOF INSIDE - OVER 700 FIRST PAGE RANKINGS IN THIS THREAD] Thousands already MADE $$$$
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by openfire View Post

2 questions:

1) When is this going private, and will an announcement be made prior to doing so to give those of us on the fence one last chance to buy?

2) For those of you who have been using this... Would 5,000 pages/posts (500 cities, 10 keywords) on a new domain incur a big G spanking? (ie, what is the maximum # of pages/posts per new site to stay under the radar)

Thanks
On the Fence...? On the fence...? WHY?... Why would you be on the fence after seeing what is probably the longest WSO thread EVER...with 99.99999% positive accolades regarding the product.

I have absolutely NO relationship with the vendors other than I purchased this product.....they don't know me, I don't know them. We have been 100% full time online since 2001 (selling our physical products), so we know a thing or two (and a half? LOL!)......and this product does EVERYTHING they say it does....... AND MORE, IF YOU ARE CAPABLE OF THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX!

A big G spanking....no...though your site will most likely bounce (often quite erraticaly) around a bit in the first month or two before settling.....(We call it Dirty Dancing with Larry and Sergie! LOL!)
Michael Rytter is offline  
Unread 28th Aug 2011, 03:40 PM   #2767
DX
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 21
Thanks: 30
Thanked 23 Times in 12 Posts
Default
Re: [MASSIVE PROOF INSIDE - OVER 700 FIRST PAGE RANKINGS IN THIS THREAD] Thousands already MADE $$$$
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Shaon Sha View Post

Can we use Spinner syntax in title and description? I use AIOSEO along with LPN?

Thanks
Shaon
glad you asked... I had the same question once...

what I did was I tried it by creating ONE post/page
and then examinded the results...

hope that helped
DX is offline  
Unread 28th Aug 2011, 03:45 PM   #2768
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Jeremy Kelsall's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: , , USA.
Posts: 6,570
Thanks: 1,086
Thanked 3,834 Times in 1,348 Posts
Blog Entries: 3
Default
Re: [MASSIVE PROOF INSIDE - OVER 700 FIRST PAGE RANKINGS IN THIS THREAD] Thousands already MADE $$$$
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by openfire View Post

2 questions:

1) When is this going private, and will an announcement be made prior to doing so to give those of us on the fence one last chance to buy?

2) For those of you who have been using this... Would 5,000 pages/posts (500 cities, 10 keywords) on a new domain incur a big G spanking? (ie, what is the maximum # of pages/posts per new site to stay under the radar)

Thanks
I would imagine that the private community will be done in the next 24 - 48 hours. when that happens, the WSO pricing will go buh bye, the pricing on the regular site will go to at least $127 for the limited license, if we opt to keep sales open.

I'm a tech tard, so there isn't much I can do to set things up...that is Don's "thing", and he's without internet as a result of that skank Irene
Jeremy Kelsall is offline  
Unread 28th Aug 2011, 03:49 PM   #2769
Active Warrior
 
mawk01's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 11
Thanks: 27
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default
Re: [MASSIVE PROOF INSIDE - OVER 700 FIRST PAGE RANKINGS IN THIS THREAD] Thousands already MADE $$$$
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Quick question for anyone cloning your sites with WPtwin...I just tried it for the first time, and after I followed the instructions and cloned it, I came up with another domain name (subdomain actually targeted to another state), it made an exact replica of my site, but since the shortcodes were originally for cities in one state, it reproduced all the posts for those cities in the original state, and not the new state, so of course I panicked, and immediately took the site down. Probably a simple answer but I've been working on this for hours now and I'm fried. Any WPtwin users help me out here...

Thanks,

Steve
mawk01 is offline  
Unread 28th Aug 2011, 03:51 PM   #2770
HyperActive Warrior
 
Tiger66466's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 60
Thanks: 9
Thanked 123 Times in 57 Posts
Default
Re: [MASSIVE PROOF INSIDE - OVER 700 FIRST PAGE RANKINGS IN THIS THREAD] Thousands already MADE $$$$
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

EDIT: I figured it out.

Ok, even though the Excel thing looked all funky - I tested it by copying it into a notepad file and it comes out fine without any spaces/weird line breaks.

So it should be fine to submit to bulk ping.

Ok, to sum up - go to your sitemap, just copy all the info. go to Excel and copy into it (use 4 columns). Delete the last three columns. Then you can just copy that new single column and put it in a text/notepad document and you should be good to go.

___________________
Anybody got a hopefully simple solution for Aunt Tiger here?

And of course I apologize if it has been mentioned before and I have zombied out.

I want to do the mass ping thing as mentioned. I get my url's from my sitemap. I've copied and pasted them into excel or a notepad file. However, I'm wondering if there is a lazy woman's way (which I am in fact quite lazy) of JUST getting the url and not having to manually go in and delete line by line the other sitemap info that is on each line next to each page/post (ie that percentage, how often, date, etc.)

Just FYI I did try to copy all the columns into excel and then delete the unneeded columns. Only issue is that the format is a bit off and I'm not sure if it will copy correctly to the submitter without spacing/line breaks issues.

Thanks!

Stacy

Last edited on 28th Aug 2011 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Answered my own question
Tiger66466 is offline  
Unread 28th Aug 2011, 03:58 PM   #2771
HyperActive Warrior
 
Tiger66466's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 60
Thanks: 9
Thanked 123 Times in 57 Posts
Default
Re: [MASSIVE PROOF INSIDE - OVER 700 FIRST PAGE RANKINGS IN THIS THREAD] Thousands already MADE $$$$
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Well, WPTwin worked exactly right then. What you need to do is get your site as you want it as far as the tedious stuff that can be replicated/reproduced (ie plug ins, any text/content that is almost identical). THEN clone it. After that you add in the content that will vary from site to site.

So you can do the same draft but clone before adding in the short codes. Or at the very least before publishing your content. Otherwise once you publish and then clone - you'll get all those posts and pages on your new site.

So again, if you don't want it on your next site don't add/publish it before cloning. OR be prepared to delete on the new site if you publish then clone.

Stacy

Originally Posted by mawk01 View Post

Quick question for anyone cloning your sites with WPtwin...I just tried it for the first time, and after I followed the instructions and cloned it, I came up with another domain name (subdomain actually targeted to another state), it made an exact replica of my site, but since the shortcodes were originally for cities in one state, it reproduced all the posts for those cities in the original state, and not the new state, so of course I panicked, and immediately took the site down. Probably a simple answer but I've been working on this for hours now and I'm fried. Any WPtwin users help me out here...

Thanks,

Steve
Tiger66466 is offline  
Unread 28th Aug 2011, 04:05 PM   #2772
Active Warrior
 
mawk01's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 11
Thanks: 27
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default
Re: [MASSIVE PROOF INSIDE - OVER 700 FIRST PAGE RANKINGS IN THIS THREAD] Thousands already MADE $$$$
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Tiger66466 View Post

Well, WPTwin worked exactly right then. What you need to do is get your site as you want it as far as the tedious stuff that can be replicated/reproduced (ie plug ins, any text/content that is almost identical). THEN clone it. After that you add in the content that will vary from site to site.

So you can do the same draft but clone before adding in the short codes. Or at the very least before publishing your content. Otherwise once you publish and then clone - you'll get all those posts and pages on your new site.

So again, if you don't want it on your next site don't add/publish it before cloning. OR be prepared to delete on the new site if you publish then clone.

Stacy
Thanks Stacy for the quick reply...But what about all the posts that have already been produced before I attempt to clone. And do I remove the previous shortcodes before cloning then add the new ones after the fact?

Steve
mawk01 is offline  
Unread 28th Aug 2011, 04:25 PM   #2773
Active Warrior
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 41
Thanks: 119
Thanked 22 Times in 17 Posts
Default
Re: [MASSIVE PROOF INSIDE - OVER 700 FIRST PAGE RANKINGS IN THIS THREAD] Thousands already MADE $$$$
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by mawk01 View Post

Thanks Stacy for the quick reply...But what about all the posts that have already been produced before I attempt to clone. And do I remove the previous shortcodes before cloning then add the new ones after the fact?

Steve
Hi Steve,

Take a look at Stacy's response again. She actually answered you in the first paragraph.

In other words what you'll want to do is create a clean version with the plugins, theme, LPN draft (optional), etc. but without any published posts/pages... then clone that. That way all you'll have to do is add your shortcodes and publish your posts with each new cloned version.

Hope that helps.

optimumex
optimumex is offline  
Unread 28th Aug 2011, 04:35 PM   #2774
Active Warrior
 
mawk01's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 11
Thanks: 27
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default
Re: [MASSIVE PROOF INSIDE - OVER 700 FIRST PAGE RANKINGS IN THIS THREAD] Thousands already MADE $$$$
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by optimumex View Post

Hi Steve,

Take a look at Stacy's response again. She actually answered you in the first paragraph.

In other words what you'll want to do is create a clean version with the plugins, theme, LPN draft (optional), etc. but without any published posts/pages... then clone that. That way all you'll have to do is add your shortcodes and publish your posts with each new cloned version.

Hope that helps.

optimumex
Thanks Optimumex....appreciate your help....but......maybe I'm reading to much into this....if I create a clean version with all the plugs, theme, etc....why would I clone it....:confused:

Thanks,

Steve
mawk01 is offline  
Unread 28th Aug 2011, 05:32 PM   #2775
Active Warrior
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 52
Thanks: 20
Thanked 34 Times in 29 Posts
Default
Re: [MASSIVE PROOF INSIDE - OVER 700 FIRST PAGE RANKINGS IN THIS THREAD] Thousands already MADE $$$$
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by mawk01 View Post

Thanks Optimumex....appreciate your help....but......maybe I'm reading to much into this....if I create a clean version with all the plugs, theme, etc....why would I clone it....:confused:

Thanks,

Steve
You're kidding - right?

The point of cloning your site is so that you don't have to keep doing the same tedious things over and over - that is, the tedious things that ARE the same for each and every site i.e. if you use the same theme with the same tweaks, the plugins you use for every site so you don't have to upload them and activate them individually for every site etc. etc.

Why else did you want to clone the site in the first place?
TheGreyling is offline  
Unread 28th Aug 2011, 05:40 PM   #2776
HyperActive Warrior
 
Tiger66466's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 60
Thanks: 9
Thanked 123 Times in 57 Posts
Default
Re: [MASSIVE PROOF INSIDE - OVER 700 FIRST PAGE RANKINGS IN THIS THREAD] Thousands already MADE $$$$
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

The point of cloning is to save time. Or to backup your blog. Basically you are saving yourself from doing the same tedious things over and over again. In other words, you configure the plugs in you use once, set up all your theme settings once, add your privacy policy/whatever content that tends to be almost identical from site to site. Then you clone and from then on you go forward only needing to tweak or start from where things need to differ from blog to blog.

I like to think of using WPTwin as my baseline. I set up a blog how I want it so that I don't have to do all that over again on the next blog. Once I've cloned I can then go on to each site ready to really WORK on it rather than set it up.

So for your case, if you are using the same exact draft but just for different cities or different states (ie the content is the same but the locations are different) you can add that draft in and then clone but prior to publishing. Then add in your short codes as needed per city (if they are different. If they are the SAME cities then add them before cloning otherwise you'll have to copy and paste those in). Then after you've cloned and are on the next site all you have to do is build up your pages after putting in the right short codes into the content (and having created the short code under the configuration portion).

The ONLY reason I could see you wanting to clone those posts/pages is if you think you can get more than one to rank for each keyword because they are on different domains and hence not exact same urls. However, that is a good example of "duplicate" content. Not that you'll be penalized per se but just that one of your sites will get filtered in the search - so really not even a reason to do it because it cancels that out as only one will end up showing up anyways in the search results.


Originally Posted by mawk01 View Post

Thanks Optimumex....appreciate your help....but......maybe I'm reading to much into this....if I create a clean version with all the plugs, theme, etc....why would I clone it....:confused:

Thanks,

Steve
Tiger66466 is offline  
Unread 28th Aug 2011, 05:47 PM   #2777
Active Warrior
 
mawk01's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 11
Thanks: 27
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default
Re: [MASSIVE PROOF INSIDE - OVER 700 FIRST PAGE RANKINGS IN THIS THREAD] Thousands already MADE $$$$
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by TheGreyling View Post

You're kidding - right?

The point of cloning your site is so that you don't have to keep doing the same tedious things over and over - that is, the tedious things that ARE the same for each and every site i.e. if you use the same theme with the same tweaks, the plugins you use for every site so you don't have to upload them and activate them individually for every site etc. etc.

Why else did you want to clone the site in the first place?
I'd want to clone it to do exactly what your saying...however, cloning the site, as it currently sits, would reproduce all the posts that goes with the site, including the shortcodes for that area ....

In order not to reproduce those posts, the way I read the above posts, is to go ahead an start with a fresh clean install, load the theme, plugsins, local page content, and then clone it? Seems like I still am doing all the tedious things that I'm trying not to do...
mawk01 is offline  
Unread 28th Aug 2011, 05:49 PM   #2778
Active Warrior
 
mawk01's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 11
Thanks: 27
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default
Re: [MASSIVE PROOF INSIDE - OVER 700 FIRST PAGE RANKINGS IN THIS THREAD] Thousands already MADE $$$$
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Tiger66466 View Post

The point of cloning is to save time. Or to backup your blog. Basically you are saving yourself from doing the same tedious things over and over again. In other words, you configure the plugs in you use once, set up all your theme settings once, add your privacy policy/whatever content that tends to be almost identical from site to site. Then you clone and from then on you go forward only needing to tweak or start from where things need to differ from blog to blog.

I like to think of using WPTwin as my baseline. I set up a blog how I want it so that I don't have to do all that over again on the next blog. Once I've cloned I can then go on to each site ready to really WORK on it rather than set it up.

So for your case, if you are using the same exact draft but just for different cities or different states (ie the content is the same but the locations are different) you can add that draft in and then clone but prior to publishing. Then add in your short codes as needed per city (if they are different. If they are the SAME cities then add them before cloning otherwise you'll have to copy and paste those in). Then after you've cloned and are on the next site all you have to do is build up your pages after putting in the right short codes into the content (and having created the short code under the configuration portion).

The ONLY reason I could see you wanting to clone those posts/pages is if you think you can get more than one to rank for each keyword because they are on different domains and hence not exact same urls. However, that is a good example of "duplicate" content. Not that you'll be penalized per se but just that one of your sites will get filtered in the search - so really not even a reason to do it because it cancels that out as only one will end up showing up anyways in the search results.
Now that makes sense there Stacy....think I got it now....thanks for your help on this...
mawk01 is offline  
Unread 28th Aug 2011, 05:52 PM   #2779
Active Warrior
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: London
Posts: 13
Thanks: 34
Thanked 14 Times in 9 Posts
Default
Re: [MASSIVE PROOF INSIDE - OVER 700 FIRST PAGE RANKINGS IN THIS THREAD] Thousands already MADE $$$$
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Tiger66466 View Post

EDIT: I figured it out.
___________________
Anybody got a hopefully simple solution for Aunt Tiger here?

And of course I apologize if it has been mentioned before and I have zombied out.

I want to do the mass ping thing as mentioned. I get my url's from my sitemap. I've copied and pasted them into excel or a notepad file. However, I'm wondering if there is a lazy woman's way (which I am in fact quite lazy) of JUST getting the url and not having to manually go in and delete line by line the other sitemap info that is on each line next to each page/post (ie that percentage, how often, date, etc.)

Just FYI I did try to copy all the columns into excel and then delete the unneeded columns. Only issue is that the format is a bit off and I'm not sure if it will copy correctly to the submitter without spacing/line breaks issues.

Thanks!

Stacy
I copy the xml links into excell with Past Special and then with text - that works just great no funny spacing or breaks.

Maria
freemind is offline  
Unread 28th Aug 2011, 05:52 PM   #2780
Still A Newbie
 
Eddie J's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 153
Thanks: 64
Thanked 69 Times in 48 Posts
Default
Re: [MASSIVE PROOF INSIDE - OVER 700 FIRST PAGE RANKINGS IN THIS THREAD] Thousands already MADE $$$$
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

I have a question about Core Conversions and LPN. I've discovered a few posts that need CC installed. Do I have to rebuild each post for it to activate and start redirecting?

Thanks
Eddie
Eddie J is offline  
Unread 28th Aug 2011, 05:55 PM   #2781
Active Warrior
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 52
Thanks: 20
Thanked 34 Times in 29 Posts
Default
Re: [MASSIVE PROOF INSIDE - OVER 700 FIRST PAGE RANKINGS IN THIS THREAD] Thousands already MADE $$$$
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by mawk01 View Post

I'd want to clone it to do exactly what your saying...however, cloning the site, as it currently sits, would reproduce all the posts that goes with the site, including the shortcodes for that area ....

In order not to reproduce those posts, the way I read the above posts, is to go ahead an start with a fresh clean install, load the theme, plugsins, local page content, and then clone it? Seems like I still am doing all the tedious things that I'm trying not to do...
Yeah - that's perfectly true. The mistake you've made is the point at which you're trying to clone the site. You have to do it BEFORE you add the posts/pages, so now the only way you can really do it is to start again with a new blog, set it up as you want THEN clone it onto another site you want to start. Otherwise you'll have to delete your current posts, clone the site and then replace your posts - which isn't as much work as it sounds using LPN.

I'm assuming in all this that you are wanting to roll out several sites - so although it might not save you much time doing the first couple, after that it will save you an enormous amount of time. You have to think of the long term time savings you'll achieve rather than just saving time on one site. If that's what you want to do (save time on just one site) then cloning isn't really going to help.
TheGreyling is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to TheGreyling For This Useful Post:
Unread 28th Aug 2011, 06:22 PM   #2782
Still A Newbie
 
Eddie J's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 153
Thanks: 64
Thanked 69 Times in 48 Posts
Default
Re: [MASSIVE PROOF INSIDE - OVER 700 FIRST PAGE RANKINGS IN THIS THREAD] Thousands already MADE $$$$
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by TheGreyling View Post

Yeah - that's perfectly true. The mistake you've made is the point at which you're trying to clone the site. You have to do it BEFORE you add the posts/pages, so now the only way you can really do it is to start again with a new blog, set it up as you want THEN clone it onto another site you want to start. Otherwise you'll have to delete your current posts, clone the site and then replace your posts - which isn't as much work as it sounds using LPN.

I'm assuming in all this that you are wanting to roll out several sites - so although it might not save you much time doing the first couple, after that it will save you an enormous amount of time. You have to think of the long term time savings you'll achieve rather than just saving time on one site. If that's what you want to do (save time on just one site) then cloning isn't really going to help.
Can't WPTwin be used to create like a "template" for the LPN setup? All ready to roll with all your settings and tweaks? Then use THAT file/template to build every new domain or sub domain?

Eddie
Eddie J is offline  
Unread 28th Aug 2011, 06:25 PM   #2783
HyperActive Warrior
 
Tiger66466's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 60
Thanks: 9
Thanked 123 Times in 57 Posts
Default
Re: [MASSIVE PROOF INSIDE - OVER 700 FIRST PAGE RANKINGS IN THIS THREAD] Thousands already MADE $$$$
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

That's pretty much what I do. Template is the best way of putting it, I think.

Originally Posted by Eddie J View Post

Can't WPTwin be used to create like a "template" for the LPN setup? All ready to roll with all your settings and tweaks? Then use THAT file/template to build every new domain or sub domain?

Eddie
Tiger66466 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Tiger66466 For This Useful Post:
Unread 28th Aug 2011, 06:37 PM   #2784
Still A Newbie
 
Eddie J's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 153
Thanks: 64
Thanked 69 Times in 48 Posts
Default
Re: [MASSIVE PROOF INSIDE - OVER 700 FIRST PAGE RANKINGS IN THIS THREAD] Thousands already MADE $$$$
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

OK...I have an issue and need some Warrior advice.

In the beginning, when I was a LPN Newbie, I just started posting and ranking. Now, I have more vision and am using a sub domain for each niche. However, my first niche is mixed with 3 posts in another niche. I dont want to delete these as I will be throwing away about 400 #1 positions. I DO however want to use Core Conversions on the entire subdomain and forward ALL posts to my clients site....but I dont want the 3 OTHER niche posts to forward to their site.

I know I can use CC per post but using it that way has been glitchy for me. Is there anyway to FORWARD these posts or move them to the other subdomain without hurting my rankings and without having them be triggered by CC?
Hope that doesnt sound too confusing... lol

Thanks for any help
Eddie
Eddie J is offline  
Unread 28th Aug 2011, 06:54 PM   #2785
Active Warrior
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 41
Thanks: 119
Thanked 22 Times in 17 Posts
Default
Re: [MASSIVE PROOF INSIDE - OVER 700 FIRST PAGE RANKINGS IN THIS THREAD] Thousands already MADE $$$$
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Tiger66466 View Post

The point of cloning is to save time. Or to backup your blog. Basically you are saving yourself from doing the same tedious things over and over again. In other words, you configure the plugs in you use once, set up all your theme settings once, add your privacy policy/whatever content that tends to be almost identical from site to site. Then you clone and from then on you go forward only needing to tweak or start from where things need to differ from blog to blog.

I like to think of using WPTwin as my baseline. I set up a blog how I want it so that I don't have to do all that over again on the next blog. Once I've cloned I can then go on to each site ready to really WORK on it rather than set it up.

So for your case, if you are using the same exact draft but just for different cities or different states (ie the content is the same but the locations are different) you can add that draft in and then clone but prior to publishing. Then add in your short codes as needed per city (if they are different. If they are the SAME cities then add them before cloning otherwise you'll have to copy and paste those in). Then after you've cloned and are on the next site all you have to do is build up your pages after putting in the right short codes into the content (and having created the short code under the configuration portion).

The ONLY reason I could see you wanting to clone those posts/pages is if you think you can get more than one to rank for each keyword because they are on different domains and hence not exact same urls. However, that is a good example of "duplicate" content. Not that you'll be penalized per se but just that one of your sites will get filtered in the search - so really not even a reason to do it because it cancels that out as only one will end up showing up anyways in the search results.
Stacy, were you a teacher in another life or something? You have the uncanny ability to explain things in simple, yet thorough, terms.
optimumex is offline  
Unread 28th Aug 2011, 07:02 PM   #2786
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: London UK
Posts: 79
Thanks: 21
Thanked 185 Times in 84 Posts
Default
Re: [MASSIVE PROOF INSIDE - OVER 700 FIRST PAGE RANKINGS IN THIS THREAD] Thousands already MADE $$$$
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi Eddie

Try the free plugin Quick Page/Post Redirect DEV 301 post redirect to any valid URL. Test it make sure it does not conflict with the site wide settings in CC.

Regards
CD
Cyberdetective is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cyberdetective For This Useful Post:
Unread 28th Aug 2011, 07:12 PM   #2787
Still A Newbie
 
Eddie J's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 153
Thanks: 64
Thanked 69 Times in 48 Posts
Default
Re: [MASSIVE PROOF INSIDE - OVER 700 FIRST PAGE RANKINGS IN THIS THREAD] Thousands already MADE $$$$
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Cyberdetective View Post

Hi Eddie

Try the free plugin Quick Page/Post Redirect DEV 301 post redirect to any valid URL. Test it make sure it does not conflict with the site wide settings in CC.

Regards
CD
Doing that now. I assume I UNbuild the post. Setup Quick Page Redirect with the url. Then REbuild and it should at least work for that post?

Then try CC?

Eddie
Eddie J is offline  
Unread 28th Aug 2011, 07:49 PM   #2788
Still A Newbie
 
Eddie J's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 153
Thanks: 64
Thanked 69 Times in 48 Posts
Default
Re: [MASSIVE PROOF INSIDE - OVER 700 FIRST PAGE RANKINGS IN THIS THREAD] Thousands already MADE $$$$
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Cyberdetective View Post

Hi Eddie

Try the free plugin Quick Page/Post Redirect DEV 301 post redirect to any valid URL. Test it make sure it does not conflict with the site wide settings in CC.

Regards
CD
HOLY ****E!!!!

CD...YOU DA MAN!!!! (if you're a man...otherwise...WOMAN!!!!)

Worked like a champ and didnt interfere with CC at all.
Eddie J is offline  
Unread 28th Aug 2011, 07:55 PM   #2789
Still A Newbie
 
Eddie J's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 153
Thanks: 64
Thanked 69 Times in 48 Posts
Default
Re: [MASSIVE PROOF INSIDE - OVER 700 FIRST PAGE RANKINGS IN THIS THREAD] Thousands already MADE $$$$
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by freemind View Post

I have confusion, red through the FAQ and more. If somebody could bring a bit of light :-)

I had my first site written without the tick on "no tag indexing" in AIOSEO
I did tick it now and I had deleted beside the actual 120 posts. But Google shows still mostely domain/tag/keyword pages from which 10 are ranking on the first page and do still show a page not a 404.

Non of the normal sites is ranking on the first page in Google.

Now I would like to lease this 10 out.

So before I do something I would like to make sure that it is right:

Should I use post revisions to make sure nothing is left?

With 404 to start installed would then all these links with domain.com/tag/kw link to the in 404 defined site ???????

I just would like to make it right.

Thanks in advance

Maria
I have this same issue. I have over 2400 ranking posts that are domain.com/tag and Core Conversions wont forward them. Any gurus out there with a solution?

Thanks Warriors
Eddie
Eddie J is offline  
Unread 28th Aug 2011, 08:24 PM   #2790
Active Warrior
 
Tilt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: , , .
Posts: 44
Thanks: 16
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Default
Re: [MASSIVE PROOF INSIDE - OVER 700 FIRST PAGE RANKINGS IN THIS THREAD] Thousands already MADE $$$$
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

My template's started with 2 theme's in raw form just columns, plugins, ad spots.

If you already have content on you site you can back it up, DL it to your machine and then delete your posts. Now you have a template, back that up and you have just saved yourself 1-2 hours per.

I get more into it but let me just say I can now do a clone site in about 30 minutes if I already have that template ready to go.

My clone of choice is Backup buddy. I have WPTwin but I'm more comfortable with BB.

I'm starting with 1-2 y.o. indexed domains, on my new domains I'm beginning to age them with ultra spin articles.
Tilt is offline  
Unread 28th Aug 2011, 08:50 PM   #2791
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: London UK
Posts: 79
Thanks: 21
Thanked 185 Times in 84 Posts
Default
Re: [MASSIVE PROOF INSIDE - OVER 700 FIRST PAGE RANKINGS IN THIS THREAD] Thousands already MADE $$$$
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi Eddie

Use another free plugin WP No Tag Base change the permalinks back to just the post title. Then check how CC works again.

Regards
CD
Cyberdetective is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Cyberdetective For This Useful Post:
Unread 28th Aug 2011, 08:56 PM   #2792
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
MisterE's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2003
Location: Oregon State, USA.
Posts: 245
Thanks: 499
Thanked 383 Times in 240 Posts
Default
Re: [MASSIVE PROOF INSIDE - OVER 700 FIRST PAGE RANKINGS IN THIS THREAD] Thousands already MADE $$$$
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

CD! You are a flippin' warehouse of knowledge. I'm so glad we have you

Respectfully,
Mark
MisterE is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MisterE For This Useful Post:
Unread 28th Aug 2011, 09:07 PM   #2793
Still A Newbie
 
Eddie J's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 153
Thanks: 64
Thanked 69 Times in 48 Posts
Default
Re: [MASSIVE PROOF INSIDE - OVER 700 FIRST PAGE RANKINGS IN THIS THREAD] Thousands already MADE $$$$
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by bringinrevenue View Post

If you don't want the tags to show up, you'll want to make sure that "no tag indexing" is checked before the posts are built. If you built the posts and then clicked "no tag indexing" you'll want to delete all posts then rebuild them. As far as them showing up in Google, they might be there for a little while until Google decides to de-index them. Definitely use the 404 to start plugin so you don't lose any traffic. My suggestion is to keep playing with it, until you have exactly hat you want and then let Google takes it's course. It may take some time, but it's better to make it correct, then scattered.
Does anyone have a screenshot or "run through" of the proper wya to fill in AIOSEO for using LPN and CC? What boxes do with tick and which ones do we not?

Thanks to anyone that might shed some light on it.

Eddie

(Damn...I'm needy today....lol)
Eddie J is offline  
Unread 28th Aug 2011, 09:27 PM   #2794
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: London UK
Posts: 79
Thanks: 21
Thanked 185 Times in 84 Posts
Default
Re: [MASSIVE PROOF INSIDE - OVER 700 FIRST PAGE RANKINGS IN THIS THREAD] Thousands already MADE $$$$
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Tick the box use no index for tag archives, you can leave the defaults for the rest.

Regards
CD
Cyberdetective is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Cyberdetective For This Useful Post:
Unread 28th Aug 2011, 09:31 PM   #2795
Still A Newbie
 
Eddie J's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 153
Thanks: 64
Thanked 69 Times in 48 Posts
Default
Re: [MASSIVE PROOF INSIDE - OVER 700 FIRST PAGE RANKINGS IN THIS THREAD] Thousands already MADE $$$$
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Cyberdetective View Post

Hi Eddie

Use another free plugin WP No Tag Base change the permalinks back to just the post title. Then check how CC works again.

Regards
CD
OK. I did this and had no luck with the plugin "deleting" the /tag

Now when I change the /%year%/%monthnum%/%postname%/ ( which I dont use any longer on new sites) to /%postname%/ it causes my CC not to work.

Not sure where to take this issue.

Thank you so much CD for all the help too. You're awesome.

Eddie
Eddie J is offline  
Unread 28th Aug 2011, 09:34 PM   #2796
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: London UK
Posts: 79
Thanks: 21
Thanked 185 Times in 84 Posts
Default
Re: [MASSIVE PROOF INSIDE - OVER 700 FIRST PAGE RANKINGS IN THIS THREAD] Thousands already MADE $$$$
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

If you've got the drafts saved and have the same Cities in LPN or you have a copy of the list you used, just save the same draft again with the updated AIOSEO settings, should take the tag display away.

Regards
Cyberdetective is offline  
Unread 28th Aug 2011, 09:39 PM   #2797
Still A Newbie
 
Eddie J's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 153
Thanks: 64
Thanked 69 Times in 48 Posts
Default
Re: [MASSIVE PROOF INSIDE - OVER 700 FIRST PAGE RANKINGS IN THIS THREAD] Thousands already MADE $$$$
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Cyberdetective View Post

If you've got the drafts saved and have the same Cities in LPN or you have a copy of the list you used, just save the same draft again with the updated AIOSEO settings, should take the tag display away.

Regards
Ahhh. So I need to DELETE the 21 posts and then REBUILD them? Do that after the no tags base is installed and it will fix the issue?


Just to touch base on something though. Isn't it a GOOD thing to have 2500 posts with the /tag in the search engines?

Eddie
Eddie J is offline  
Unread 28th Aug 2011, 09:48 PM   #2798
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: London UK
Posts: 79
Thanks: 21
Thanked 185 Times in 84 Posts
Default
Re: [MASSIVE PROOF INSIDE - OVER 700 FIRST PAGE RANKINGS IN THIS THREAD] Thousands already MADE $$$$
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

It's not a bad thing but you need a compromise if you are using CC site wide. From what you are saying you can't use both.

You should be able to save the same draft again to make the changes, AIOSEO is attached to the posts and integrated with the plugin. Platinum SEO is a better option.

Regards
Cyberdetective is offline  
Unread 28th Aug 2011, 10:04 PM   #2799
Still A Newbie
 
Eddie J's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 153
Thanks: 64
Thanked 69 Times in 48 Posts
Default
Re: [MASSIVE PROOF INSIDE - OVER 700 FIRST PAGE RANKINGS IN THIS THREAD] Thousands already MADE $$$$
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Cyberdetective View Post

It's not a bad thing but you need a compromise if you are using CC site wide. From what you are saying you can't use both.

You should be able to save the same draft again to make the changes, AIOSEO is attached to the posts and integrated with the plugin. Platinum SEO is a better option.

Regards
Thats true. I dont know why I cant seem to get CC to work PER post correctly.

Anyways, Platinum SEO huh? A whole new config I assume? I'll try that on the site Im about to launch. Any tips for the settings CD?

Thanks again.
Eddie
Eddie J is offline  
Unread 28th Aug 2011, 10:18 PM   #2800
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Jeremy Kelsall's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: , , USA.
Posts: 6,570
Thanks: 1,086
Thanked 3,834 Times in 1,348 Posts
Blog Entries: 3
Default
Re: [MASSIVE PROOF INSIDE - OVER 700 FIRST PAGE RANKINGS IN THIS THREAD] Thousands already MADE $$$$
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Eddie J View Post

I have this same issue. I have over 2400 ranking posts that are domain.com/tag and Core Conversions wont forward them. Any gurus out there with a solution?

Thanks Warriors
Eddie
Core conversions, as far as I know, won't work on the "tags" - That might be something that we can update though...I'll talk to don about it. To be honest, non-LPN sites, you don't really worry about the tags ranking lol, so when we pulled all of the sloppy core conversion code into a plugin to release to the public, it wasn't something that we took into consideration...because at the time, we didn't know that we were going to release LPN.

Maybe something like this will work?

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/...direct-plugin/
Jeremy Kelsall is offline  
Closed Thread


Bookmarks

Tags
domination, instant, local

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:15 PM.