Register Blogs Advertise with usHelp Desk Today's Posts Search

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Unread 1st Jul 2012, 11:17 AM   #301
Warrior Member
 
Couponssams's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Georgia, US Virgin Islands
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Default
Re: "I received a payment of $455.00 to my Paypal account...it does in fact work, and it works great
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi terry as a newbie you may know i would like to try it out. The only question is i wanted to know if anyone who have purchased have had any success.

Thanks Sam
Couponssams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1st Jul 2012, 11:32 AM   #302
Veteran Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
DoWhatWorks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Stony Brook, NY
Posts: 1,766
Thanks: 340
Thanked 419 Times in 261 Posts
Default
Re: "I received a payment of $455.00 to my Paypal account...it does in fact work, and it works great
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi Sam,

Thank you for your question and your interest in the course.

Yes, please be sure to read the many posts in this thread, where folks have discussed the success they've had with the course. For the title of this WSO thread, I have also taken a quote, from one of my WSO customers, who made a post here when she received $455 into her PayPal account. Many other folks have also been kind enough to make posts on this thread, stating that they're having success with the program.

Thanks again for your question and your interest in the course.

-Terry


Originally Posted by Couponssams View Post

Hi terry as a newbie you may know i would like to try it out. The only question is i wanted to know if anyone who have purchased have had any success.

Thanks Sam
DoWhatWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1st Jul 2012, 11:41 AM   #303
Warrior Member
 
Couponssams's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Georgia, US Virgin Islands
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Default
Re: "I received a payment of $455.00 to my Paypal account...it does in fact work, and it works great
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Thank you terry for the quick response. I will purchase and will keep you updated with my results.

Thanks
Sammy
Couponssams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1st Jul 2012, 11:48 AM   #304
Warrior Member
 
Couponssams's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Georgia, US Virgin Islands
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Default
Re: "I received a payment of $455.00 to my Paypal account...it does in fact work, and it works great
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Purchased and i am ready to put this to work! Thanks Again
Couponssams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1st Jul 2012, 12:02 PM   #305
Warrior Member
 
barryjames's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Dorset, UK
Posts: 25
Thanks: 28
Thanked 23 Times in 18 Posts
Default
Re: "I received a payment of $455.00 to my Paypal account...it does in fact work, and it works great
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

I have sat on the fence too long. Decided to hit the buy button and try it out. I will be back in a few days time with an honest review
barryjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1st Jul 2012, 12:18 PM   #306
Warrior Member
 
barryjames's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Dorset, UK
Posts: 25
Thanks: 28
Thanked 23 Times in 18 Posts
Default
Re: "I received a payment of $455.00 to my Paypal account...it does in fact work, and it works great
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustindustin
Hi Terry,
From all the comments, i found that this program you're offering is really something new, at least for an online business rookie like me
I have one question though, is there any additional money i should invest excluding the purchase of this offer? if yes, how much will the maximum investment be?

Hi Dustin,
You will need a domain name which will cost less then $5-00 and hosting which you can get for about one penny for the first month! Buy the WSO and give it your best
barryjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1st Jul 2012, 01:14 PM   #307
Warrior Member
 
Couponssams's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Georgia, US Virgin Islands
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Default
Re: "I received a payment of $455.00 to my Paypal account...it does in fact work, and it works great
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi terry i purchased the course. I am a bit loss as to where to begin can you please pm me or email me couponssams@gmail.com. Thanks
Couponssams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1st Jul 2012, 02:44 PM   #308
Veteran Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
DoWhatWorks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Stony Brook, NY
Posts: 1,766
Thanks: 340
Thanked 419 Times in 261 Posts
Default
Re: "I received a payment of $455.00 to my Paypal account...it does in fact work, and it works great
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi Sammy,

Thank you for your purchase. Please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions or your paypal email receipt in order to access my email address. To get started, please just read through the course and follow the numbered instructions. First, follow the numbered instructions for the "One Time Set Up Steps". This should only take about 1-2 hours total to set everything up. Then, once you've followed the numbered set up steps, it's just a matter of following the numbered steps that are the "Operational Steps". Inside the course materials, in addition to the main course, I also provide you with two checklists, so that you can follow these simple, numbered "set up steps" and the "operational steps".

Thanks again!

-Terry



Originally Posted by Couponssams View Post

Thank you terry for the quick response. I will purchase and will keep you updated with my results.

Thanks
Sammy
Originally Posted by Couponssams View Post

Purchased and i am ready to put this to work! Thanks Again
Originally Posted by Couponssams View Post

Hi terry i purchased the course. I am a bit loss as to where to begin can you please pm me or email me couponssams@gmail.com. Thanks
DoWhatWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1st Jul 2012, 02:49 PM   #309
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default
Re: "I received a payment of $455.00 to my Paypal account...it does in fact work, and it works great
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

I bought and have found a way to spend nothing for start up costs. You can get a domain name (.info) from 1and1 for free for 12 months and use blogger for a website, just have your domain name directed to the blog. $0 money needed.

This is very doable just takes action and persistence.

Would love to see a forum started for buyers, would be a great way to share ideas and things that are working.
kasner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kasner For This Useful Post:
Unread 1st Jul 2012, 02:52 PM   #310
Veteran Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
DoWhatWorks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Stony Brook, NY
Posts: 1,766
Thanks: 340
Thanked 419 Times in 261 Posts
Default
Re: "I received a payment of $455.00 to my Paypal account...it does in fact work, and it works great
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi Barry,

Thank you for your order and for fielding dustindustin's question.

You are correct: The only other expenses are a domain name, which folks can get for as little as $0.99 if they register a .info domain name at 1and1.com and web hosting. A .info domain is absolutely appropriate and completely fine for this type of business. In the course, I show how to get the first month of web hosting for a penny. After the first month of web hosting, it's just around $8-$9 per month for web hosting.

Thanks again!

-Terry


Originally Posted by barryjames View Post

I have sat on the fence too long. Decided to hit the buy button and try it out. I will be back in a few days time with an honest review
Originally Posted by barryjames View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustindustin
Hi Terry,
From all the comments, i found that this program you're offering is really something new, at least for an online business rookie like me
I have one question though, is there any additional money i should invest excluding the purchase of this offer? if yes, how much will the maximum investment be?

Hi Dustin,
You will need a domain name which will cost less then $5-00 and hosting which you can get for about one penny for the first month! Buy the WSO and give it your best
DoWhatWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1st Jul 2012, 03:00 PM   #311
Veteran Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
DoWhatWorks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Stony Brook, NY
Posts: 1,766
Thanks: 340
Thanked 419 Times in 261 Posts
Default
Re: "I received a payment of $455.00 to my Paypal account...it does in fact work, and it works great
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi kasner,

Thank you for your order!

The cheapest way that I know of for getting a .info domain name through 1and1 is the $0.99 offer that they have. How did you get it for free? I hadn't even thought of just taking the website content and putting it on a blogger website. Great idea! Thanks for sharing that!

When I first produced this WSO, I had to decide if I was going to offer support through a forum or ticketing system or one-on-one support. I thought that folks would prefer to have direct access to me, which is why I chose to offer one-on-one email support, when needed. A few posts up in this thread, Steve had mentioned a forum too and he expressed an interest in helping out with that. I had replied to Steve's post, saying that you guys (and gals) are most welcome to start a forum if you think it would help everyone. The only thing I request is to just provide me with the URL link to the forum, so that we can ensure that the forum is only accessible by folks who purchased the course. If you guys set this up, please just provide me with the link and I'll email it out to my customer list. Then, I'll also start including it in the welcome email that all new customers receive.

Thanks again!

-Terry

Originally Posted by kasner View Post

I bought and have found a way to spend nothing for start up costs. You can get a domain name (.info) from 1and1 for free for 12 months and use blogger for a website, just have your domain name directed to the blog. $0 money needed.

This is very doable just takes action and persistence.

Would love to see a forum started for buyers, would be a great way to share ideas and things that are working.
DoWhatWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoWhatWorks For This Useful Post:
Unread 1st Jul 2012, 03:20 PM   #312
Warrior Member
 
Couponssams's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Georgia, US Virgin Islands
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Default
Re: "I received a payment of $455.00 to my Paypal account...it does in fact work, and it works great
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi terry thank you.. I sent you a email

Sam
Couponssams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1st Jul 2012, 03:27 PM   #313
Veteran Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
DoWhatWorks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Stony Brook, NY
Posts: 1,766
Thanks: 340
Thanked 419 Times in 261 Posts
Default
Re: "I received a payment of $455.00 to my Paypal account...it does in fact work, and it works great
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi Sam,

Thanks! I just replied! Please email me directly with any future, "post sales" questions!

Thanks again!

-Terry


Originally Posted by Couponssams View Post

Hi terry thank you.. I sent you a email

Sam
DoWhatWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1st Jul 2012, 03:59 PM   #314
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 16
Thanks: 6
Thanked 22 Times in 16 Posts
Default
Re: "I received a payment of $455.00 to my Paypal account...it does in fact work, and it works great
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Sorry to say that I cannot agree with all the glowing reviews. First, Terry is very responsive, I do give her that. She keeps patiently answering all questions on the forum. I sent her an email and she promptly replied. But did not give any direction, just "keep doing it". I went through the guide, thought that it is fairly easy to implement, and I did. Then started sending out emails. Sent 50 emails and got only 1 reply stating they are not interested. At least this proved to me that the emails are, indeed, going out and reaching the target audience. But whatever it is this audience does not show interest. Good luck to all.
free4an is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to free4an For This Useful Post:
Unread 1st Jul 2012, 06:54 PM   #315
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 6
Thanks: 27
Thanked 29 Times in 26 Posts
Default
Re: "I received a payment of $455.00 to my Paypal account...it does in fact work, and it works great
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi there, i just tried emailing you with the address you gave in the faq pdf but does not work, and i cannot pm you, have you got another email address i can use please?
davidk8445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1st Jul 2012, 07:14 PM   #316
Veteran Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
DoWhatWorks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Stony Brook, NY
Posts: 1,766
Thanks: 340
Thanked 419 Times in 261 Posts
Default
Re: "I received a payment of $455.00 to my Paypal account...it does in fact work, and it works great
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi Anna,

Thank you for your kind words about my responsiveness.

I'm surprised to hear that you would base your opinion on the business model on a tiny test of 50 emails. As I mentioned in one of my posts above, the numbers don't always work out perfectly over the short-term, but they almost always work out over the long-term, due to the law of large numbers. With all due respect, forming an opinion about the business model, after only sending out 50 emails, is not really giving things a fair chance. I can understand if you've decided to pursue something else, but it's a bit premature to form an opinion off of 50 emails.

Additionally, I would have been glad to evaluate your website and look at what you were doing by having you send me one of the emails. Someone else had done this (sent me the email they were sending, exactly as they were sending it to others) and I immediately found two things that they were doing wrong. If you re-read the email I sent you, you'll see that I did not just say, "keep doing it". As a matter of fact, I even asked you a question about one of the responses you mentioned that you received, but you never replied to my email. When you don't reply to my emails, it makes it a bit difficult for me to help you. I'm not sure why you would say that my email only said, "keep doing it", when my email actually asked you a very specific question, which you did not reply to. It's unfortunate to me that you would say that I only said, "keep doing it", after you didn't even respond to the question I'd asked you in that email. Since you told me that you'd only sent out 50 emails, I suggested that you send out more, so that we could evaluate your results, after a more substantial number of emails were sent out. I'm always happy to provide more help when needed, but it's also important that you reply to my emails too, when I ask questions, so that I can get more information about what you're doing and help you.

This is a highly targeted offer being sent to a highly targeted recipient, so the numbers usually always work out, if everything is being done properly. I don't think that any marketer would ever form an opinion about a campaign, based on just 50 emails.

-Terry


Originally Posted by free4an View Post

Sorry to say that I cannot agree with all the glowing reviews. First, Terry is very responsive, I do give her that. She keeps patiently answering all questions on the forum. I sent her an email and she promptly replied. But did not give any direction, just "keep doing it". I went through the guide, thought that it is fairly easy to implement, and I did. Then started sending out emails. Sent 50 emails and got only 1 reply stating they are not interested. At least this proved to me that the emails are, indeed, going out and reaching the target audience. But whatever it is this audience does not show interest. Good luck to all.
DoWhatWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1st Jul 2012, 07:17 PM   #317
Veteran Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
DoWhatWorks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Stony Brook, NY
Posts: 1,766
Thanks: 340
Thanked 419 Times in 261 Posts
Default
Re: "I received a payment of $455.00 to my Paypal account...it does in fact work, and it works great
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi David,

Thank you for trying to contact me. The word "publishing" is mispelled in the email address listed in the FAQs. In the email address listed in the FAQs, it's spelled as "publushing". Just change that second "u" to an "i" and your email will reach me. PayPal also emails you my correct email address in the order receipt that they email you after your purchase.

-Terry


Originally Posted by davidk8445 View Post

Hi there, i just tried emailing you with the address you gave in the faq pdf but does not work, and i cannot pm you, have you got another email address i can use please?
DoWhatWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2nd Jul 2012, 12:33 AM   #318
Veteran Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
DoWhatWorks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Stony Brook, NY
Posts: 1,766
Thanks: 340
Thanked 419 Times in 261 Posts
Default
Re: "I received a payment of $455.00 to my Paypal account...it does in fact work, and it works great
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi Vincent360,

Thank you for your questions. I personally used this method for over a year to earn a full-time living. You could get started for a total of $1.00 if you get your web hosting for a penny, through the resource I share in the course and if you get a $0.99 .info domain name. Those are the only additional investments needed for this business, besides the cost of this WSO. :-) Thanks again for your questions.

-Terry

Originally Posted by Vincent360 View Post

Do you use this method/system yourself and are you making money from it? How much additional investment is needed if any?
DoWhatWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2nd Jul 2012, 07:55 AM   #319
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
jaihyppo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Selangor, Malaysia.
Posts: 552
Thanks: 33
Thanked 45 Times in 37 Posts
Default
Re: "I received a payment of $455.00 to my Paypal account...it does in fact work, and it works great
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi Terry, I just sent you a PM asking questions on your WSO.
jaihyppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2nd Jul 2012, 09:17 AM   #320
Veteran Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
DoWhatWorks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Stony Brook, NY
Posts: 1,766
Thanks: 340
Thanked 419 Times in 261 Posts
Default
Re: "I received a payment of $455.00 to my Paypal account...it does in fact work, and it works great
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi jaihyppo,

Thank you for your questions!

I've just replied to your PM!

Thanks again!!

-Terry

Originally Posted by jaihyppo View Post

Hi Terry, I just sent you a PM asking questions on your WSO.
DoWhatWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2nd Jul 2012, 09:59 AM   #321
sabeni
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default
Re: "I received a payment of $455.00 to my Paypal account...it does in fact work, and it works great
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by free4an View Post

Sorry to say that I cannot agree with all the glowing reviews. First, Terry is very responsive, I do give her that. She keeps patiently answering all questions on the forum. I sent her an email and she promptly replied. But did not give any direction, just "keep doing it". I went through the guide, thought that it is fairly easy to implement, and I did. Then started sending out emails. Sent 50 emails and got only 1 reply stating they are not interested. At least this proved to me that the emails are, indeed, going out and reaching the target audience. But whatever it is this audience does not show interest. Good luck to all.
I have sent more than 250 emails and I got two reply stating they are not interested. Sorry, I have to say what actually happened to me.
  Reply With Quote
Unread 2nd Jul 2012, 10:12 AM   #322
Veteran Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
DoWhatWorks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Stony Brook, NY
Posts: 1,766
Thanks: 340
Thanked 419 Times in 261 Posts
Default
Re: "I received a payment of $455.00 to my Paypal account...it does in fact work, and it works great
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi sabeni,

If you sent 250 emails and only got two people saying they are not interested, then something is very wrong. I suggest that you email me as soon as possible, so that I can take a closer look at what you're doing. You're posting anonymously here on the Warrior Forum, so I have no way of knowing who you are, so I am unable to email you myself to help you.

-Terry


Originally Posted by sabeni View Post

I have sent more than 250 emails and I got two reply stating they are not interested. Sorry, I have to say what actually happened to me.
DoWhatWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2nd Jul 2012, 01:28 PM   #323
Veteran Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
DoWhatWorks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Stony Brook, NY
Posts: 1,766
Thanks: 340
Thanked 419 Times in 261 Posts
Default
Re: "I received a payment of $455.00 to my Paypal account...it does in fact work, and it works great
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi sabeni,

OK, great!

I look forward to helping you and taking a closer look at what you're doing! If this business can work for me and for all of the other folks who've shared their positive feedback here, I'm certain we can make it work for you too!

-Terry


Originally Posted by sabeni View Post

Okay thanks, I will send you email tomorrow, it is late night now I am going to sleep.
DoWhatWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2nd Jul 2012, 02:17 PM   #324
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 2,250
Thanks: 161
Thanked 158 Times in 82 Posts
Default
Re: "I received a payment of $455.00 to my Paypal account...it does in fact work, and it works great
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hey Terry,

I haven't had time to put up a forum ... but just a quick update on what I've been doing with your system.

I outsourced a lady to call people for me instead of doing the emailing because I wasn't getting much response via email. Turns out that after she called about 13 different places, 8 OF THEM SIGNED UP. She did this in just 1.5 hours. The other 5 people want her to call back tomorrow, so we didn't get any "no's"! Tomorrow she'll be calling the "other" type of business to "make the deal" (trying not to give away the method here).

So... for anyone wondering, calling people is WAYYYYY more responsive. Hoping to have a few deals closed tomorrow already!

Steve
Steve Mount is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steve Mount For This Useful Post:
Unread 2nd Jul 2012, 02:27 PM   #325
Warrior Member
 
Couponssams's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Georgia, US Virgin Islands
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Default
Re: "I received a payment of $455.00 to my Paypal account...it does in fact work, and it works great
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Thanks for giving me more confidence Steve!! The only thing for me right now is the fact i might have to wait till August to get my "Locals" But i must say this is brilliant!! I did what someone suggested and got .info for free for 1year and Redirect with blogger. So i am happy with my investment so far. I would love if when you do get the group set up to be part of it. Terry is brilliant and i must say you have the passion for the cause and it came out in your WSO! I keep everyone updated. I am a Newbie with ZERO IM knowledge and i must say i felt refreshed after reading the whole thing.

Sam
Couponssams is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Couponssams For This Useful Post:
Unread 2nd Jul 2012, 02:42 PM   #326
Veteran Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
DoWhatWorks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Stony Brook, NY
Posts: 1,766
Thanks: 340
Thanked 419 Times in 261 Posts
Default
Re: "I received a payment of $455.00 to my Paypal account...it does in fact work, and it works great
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi Steve,

Wow, that's wonderful! Congratulations on the excellent results you've achieved so far!!

Keep up the great work!!

-Terry

Originally Posted by Steve Mount View Post

Hey Terry,

I haven't had time to put up a forum ... but just a quick update on what I've been doing with your system.

I outsourced a lady to call people for me instead of doing the emailing because I wasn't getting much response via email. Turns out that after she called about 13 different places, 8 OF THEM SIGNED UP. She did this in just 1.5 hours. The other 5 people want her to call back tomorrow, so we didn't get any "no's"! Tomorrow she'll be calling the "other" type of business to "make the deal" (trying not to give away the method here).

So... for anyone wondering, calling people is WAYYYYY more responsive. Hoping to have a few deals closed tomorrow already!

Steve
DoWhatWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2nd Jul 2012, 02:57 PM   #327
Veteran Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
DoWhatWorks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Stony Brook, NY
Posts: 1,766
Thanks: 340
Thanked 419 Times in 261 Posts
Default
Re: "I received a payment of $455.00 to my Paypal account...it does in fact work, and it works great
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi Sam,

Thank you for your kind words about the course!

Please keep in mind that if you focus on the groups that work with smaller children, you definitely don't have to wait until August....Please be sure to email me directly if you don't know what groups I'm talking about. The groups that work with smaller children are excellent, because they are actually the perfect demographic for the specific "Party B" groups that I refer to in the course. If you're unclear about which "Party B" groups, I'm referring to, be sure to shoot me an email and I'll tell you specifically what I mean, if you don't understand what I'm saying here.

That's really great that you were able to get a .info domain name for free for 1 year. Would you mind sharing how you did that? I was only aware that 1and1.com had a deal for $0.99 domain names on .info domains. Now, when I go to their website, it looks like you can get a .com domain name for $3.99 and they've bumped up the price on their .info domains to $9.99. I suppose they changed this to encourage folks to buy the .com domain names for $3.99. If you can share how you were able to get a free .info domain name, I think folks reading this WSO thread would find it really helpful.

I'm glad to hear that you're happy with your investment. Thank you for your kind words and compliments, but please keep in mind that I am the furthest thing from brilliant that there is, even though I really do appreciate your kind words. In truth, I'm just an everyday person like anyone else on here. This is just a business that I came up with as a result of my own children. It took hard work for me to figure out how to make this work. I just shared this WSO because I understand, first hand, the challenges that can come with trying things and not knowing what will work and won't work. Having run this business myself for over a year to earn a full time living, and figuring out exactly what works and what doesn't work, I felt I had something of value to share here on the Warrior Forum. Thank you for your positive feedback!

-Terry



Originally Posted by Couponssams View Post

Thanks for giving me more confidence Steve!! The only thing for me right now is the fact i might have to wait till August to get my "Locals" But i must say this is brilliant!! I did what someone suggested and got .info for free for 1year and Redirect with blogger. So i am happy with my investment so far. I would love if when you do get the group set up to be part of it. Terry is brilliant and i must say you have the passion for the cause and it came out in your WSO! I keep everyone updated. I am a Newbie with ZERO IM knowledge and i must say i felt refreshed after reading the whole thing.

Sam
DoWhatWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2nd Jul 2012, 10:20 PM   #328
Veteran Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
DoWhatWorks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Stony Brook, NY
Posts: 1,766
Thanks: 340
Thanked 419 Times in 261 Posts
Default
Re: "I received a payment of $455.00 to my Paypal account...it does in fact work, and it works great
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi sabeni,

Thank you for showing me the way you were emailing and your website.

Unfortunately, I came across 9 mistakes, between how you're emailing and issues on your website.

I have emailed you the mistakes you are making, but I am also including an edited version of the email I sent you here, because I think it will help others who have read your posts on this thread, who may be wondering why your results have been so poor, as you've mentioned here. Below, I've just added the word "REMOVED", where necessary, to protect specific details of the course. Please check your email for the unedited version of this email:

There are several major, but easy to fix problems with the email you're sending out as well as with your website. I'm going to start with the biggest problem that I believe is the primary reason why you have gotten such a poor response:

When I log into my email to see who I've received new email messages from, and I see your email message to me, it says that the email is from: support @ REMOVED.info Any business that sees an email being from "support@REMOVED.info" is going to delete it immediately, because it screams, "Spam!" The recipient of your email should see that the email is from "Daniel Anthony", when they log into their email account to check their new messages. Perhaps I am to blame for not explaining in the course how to set up an email account. This is one of those things that I thought everybody just knew to do automatically, so I apologize if I didn't explain that you should add your name to the From field, so that the recipients of your emails see a full name in the from field, not an email address.

OK, so that's the biggest problem, but there are some other significant problems too: The logo on your site says, "REMOVED", which is grammatically and factually incorrect. "REMOVED" makes no sense. If anything, it should say, "REMOVED", but even that would look strange because the header logo of your website really isn't the appropriate spot to be listing the name of the product/service.

The third problem that jumped out at me immediately is the footer links on your website. Your footer links actually say, "Link 1 Link 2 Link 3". Additionally, these links do not take the visitor anywhere. They all stay right on the home page, after clicking on those links that say "Link 1", "Link 2", and "Link 3".

Problem number four is that your website's home page says "REMOVED" right at the top. I'm not sure why it says this at the top of your pages. I understand that your domain name is REMOVED.info, but this is also grammatically incorrect. If anything, it should say, "REMOVED".

The fifth issue is that you have pictures of REMOVED on your website, which are different than the actual REMOVED than the actual REMOVED. The REMOVED pictured on your website do not look very good. They are very plain and unprofessional looking. The samples that I provide to you in the course are the actual REMOVED that the REMOVED, and they look far more professional.

The sixth issue is not a huge problem, but it doesn't look great to have a number in your domain name. "REMOVED1.info" is a little unprofessional looking. When I see domains like that, I wonder why there is a number in the domain name and it looks to me like the company wasn't able to get the domain name that they really wanted.

The seventh issue is that you forgot to disable comments on all of the pages of your website, except for your home page. At the bottom of your "About Us", "REMOVED", and "REMOVED" pages, there is a form on each page for people to leave a comment on your actual company website's web pages.

The eighth, very serious issue is that your website has no "Contact" page. This is very serious and you should take the content that I provide to you in the course and add a contact page to your website.

The ninth issue might just be an error that you emailed me, but there is a space, at the bottom of your email, between your name "Daniel Anthony" and the line that says "REMOVED". There should not be any space between these two lines. This is the least important issue out of the issues I've mentioned above. Nevertheless, all of these issues do need to be addressed and fixed in order for you to portray your company in a professional way.

-Terry

Originally Posted by DoWhatWorks View Post

Hi sabeni,

If you sent 250 emails and only got two people saying they are not interested, then something is very wrong. I suggest that you email me as soon as possible, so that I can take a closer look at what you're doing. You're posting anonymously here on the Warrior Forum, so I have no way of knowing who you are, so I am unable to email you myself to help you.

-Terry
Originally Posted by sabeni View Post

Okay thanks, I will send you email tomorrow, it is late night now I am going to sleep.
DoWhatWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3rd Jul 2012, 05:10 AM   #329
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 2,250
Thanks: 161
Thanked 158 Times in 82 Posts
Default
Re: "I received a payment of $455.00 to my Paypal account...it does in fact work, and it works great
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

I hate to say this to sound like I'm racist or stereotyping but... if you're not American and you're trying to email Americans.... you're probably not going to get a good response.

My suggestion is to hire an AMERICAN who can CALL people on your behalf. The response rate is incredible doing this. I wouldn't give up on this system until you've tried this first.

With any business, you have to realize that you're not going to be good at everything, so you need to hire someone who's really good at the things that you're not.
Steve Mount is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve Mount For This Useful Post:
Unread 3rd Jul 2012, 05:18 AM   #330
Advanced Warrior
 
Peter Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: , , Singapore.
Posts: 923
Thanks: 50
Thanked 198 Times in 152 Posts
Blog Entries: 1
Default
Re: "I received a payment of $455.00 to my Paypal account...it does in fact work, and it works great
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi Terry,

Nope. My email is peter_lee@domain.com so it's definitely not this. I even bought a .com and not .info as you had suggested. That didn't help too.

Regards
Peter

Originally Posted by DoWhatWorks View Post

Hi Peter,

I have looked at what two different people are doing tonight, because two people sent me the exact email they were sending out. In both cases, these folks did not have a full name listed in the from field. So, in other words, when people would receive the email that my WSO customers were sending out, the from field would say something like: "abc@theirdomainname.com"

I'm not sure if you have made this mistake too, but I have to mention it, because both of these folks were making this exact same mistake. In the course, I did not show how to add your name to the from field of the emails you send out, because I assumed that everyone knew how to do this and that everyone just did this automatically.

At any rate, it's extremely important that the recipients of your emails see, in the from field in their inbox, that your email is from "FIRSTNAME LASTNAME". Otherwise, most people are going to automatically delete the email, because it screams, "SPAM!"

-Terry
Peter Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3rd Jul 2012, 08:28 AM   #331
Advanced Warrior
 
Peter Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: , , Singapore.
Posts: 923
Thanks: 50
Thanked 198 Times in 152 Posts
Blog Entries: 1
Default
Re: "I received a payment of $455.00 to my Paypal account...it does in fact work, and it works great
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Steve,

Yes you do sound like a racist but if this is in general consensus with what most other Americans feel about this then this is very useful information to me. I've been doing IM for 5 years but never have had to use email to correspond to clients on a big scale to solicit any business proposition. So being Asian and if using email as the only means to do this business sets me in a big disadvantage then this might be why my results are so bad. Like you suggested. But if this were true perhaps Terry should include as a proviso in her WSO "NO ASIANS ALLOWED"...or "This WSO will work only for American online marketers". But I guess even Terry cannot arbitrarily said so as she is a singular voice and would not represent the whole American audience.

This is important - I now like to find out if more American WF members like Steve feel this way too...that this WSO will not work for a non-American like me trying to do this sort of business which reveals that I am a non-American. I like to invite any American on this thread who feels this way to say something. I also like to ask any non-American who has bought this WSO to say in your opinion if you being a non-American feels prejudiced and feel there is racism here since your email communication may reveal that you are non-American like Indians, Malaysians, Philipinos, Singaporeans etc.

Well over to you ladies and gents...hope to get some feedback. This is important and if the results show that what Steve said is worth a pinch of salt then it just means I ought not to try do any kind of online business that uses email sending as a primary means of communication to solicit any business - to Americans.

Peter


Originally Posted by Steve Mount View Post

I hate to say this to sound like I'm racist or stereotyping but... if you're not American and you're trying to email Americans.... you're probably not going to get a%r0good response.

My suggestion is to hire an AMERICAN who can CALL people on your behalf. The response rate is incredible doing this. I wouldn't give up on this system until you've tried this first.

With any business, you have to realize that you're not going to be good at everything, so you need to hire someone who's really good at the things that you're not.
Peter Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3rd Jul 2012, 08:31 AM   #332
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 2,250
Thanks: 161
Thanked 158 Times in 82 Posts
Default
Re: "I received a payment of $455.00 to my Paypal account...it does in fact work, and it works great
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

I'd like to apologize because I didn't mean to offend you...and it sounds like I may have. I don't want to say something that would offend anyone who is trying to earn an honest living online.

I'm just pointing out something that I've noticed over the years. That's not to say that every single person noticed the same thing I did... but I speak from experience when I say that when someone out of the country is trying to sell something over the Internet... red flags start to go up for a lot of people here in the states. There's a difference when you get a local person who sounds like a "down home" type because the person you're trying to market too instantly feels more of a connection and a little more trust is there.

Anyways, that's just my $0.02 and again, I apologize if you were offended by what I was trying to point out. I was trying to make a suggestion that may help your response rate go up.
Steve Mount is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve Mount For This Useful Post:
Unread 3rd Jul 2012, 08:51 AM   #333
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
edakehurst's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: PA , USA.
Posts: 281
Thanks: 13
Thanked 201 Times in 131 Posts
Default
Re: "I received a payment of $455.00 to my Paypal account...it does in fact work, and it works great
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Peter,

From what I have done with this so far, I see no reason why this can't work via email alone.

Are you sure you are targeting the right types of places and are you sure you are emailing the person in charge?

Do you have Skype? If so, you CAN call them (assuming your English is OK, and from your written style, I am assuming it is excellent).

You can also take on an American partner to handle some of the follow up calls on any deals that need following up on, if that is preferable to you.

It's just a numbers game.

Ed
edakehurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3rd Jul 2012, 09:17 AM   #334
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
mlmmentors's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: USA.
Posts: 105
Thanks: 86
Thanked 20 Times in 15 Posts
Default
Re: "I received a payment of $455.00 to my Paypal account...it does in fact work, and it works great
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

It's hard trying to help people. Someone mentioned that they are having success calling providers. That may be the way to go if email is not working for you. Take the suggestions and implement them then see if your response changes. I'm definitely going to change up a few things after reading this post. We have to remember to keep positive, ask questions and adjust your attitude when needed.
mlmmentors is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3rd Jul 2012, 09:27 AM   #335
Advanced Warrior
 
Peter Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: , , Singapore.
Posts: 923
Thanks: 50
Thanked 198 Times in 152 Posts
Blog Entries: 1
Default
Re: "I received a payment of $455.00 to my Paypal account...it does in fact work, and it works great
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi Ed,

I am targeting where I'm supposed to be targeting as shown to us in Terry's WSO (sorry to be a little vague as I don't wish to give away too much for those who have not bought.) Yes I have skype but never considered this option although most of the time I don't see any skype address available from the parties concerned but just email and phone contacts. I've also not considered an American partner as I don't want this to get too complicated, but on hindsight this could be a viable option and worth thinking about I guess. Well since you asked, will anyone on this thread consider such partnership with me. I do have a couple of them who wanted me to call or to have a face to face meeting with me.

Peter

Originally Posted by edakehurst View Post

Peter,

From what I have done with this so far, I see no reason why this can't work via email alone.

Are you sure you are targeting the right types of places and are you sure you are emailing the person in charge?

Do you have Skype? If so, you CAN call them (assuming your English is OK, and from your written style, I am assuming it is excellent).

You can also take on an American partner to handle some of the follow up calls on any deals that need following up on, if that is preferable to you.

It's just a numbers game.

Ed
Peter Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3rd Jul 2012, 09:38 AM   #336
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 2,250
Thanks: 161
Thanked 158 Times in 82 Posts
Default
Re: "I received a payment of $455.00 to my Paypal account...it does in fact work, and it works great
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Peter,

What I did was I went to oDesk.com and found a really good list of telemarketers. They were all in America (and yes, I think this is vitally important since you're approaching businesses on a local level) and they all speak very naturally. The conversations my lady has been having have been casual, friendly and she's taking the approach of "just having a conversation" and I think that's helping A LOT.

I wouldn't pay more than $15 an hour to someone to do this. Have them make phone calls for maybe 5 or 6 hours a week. I can guarantee, as long as you've found a good person on oDesk, that you'll have a HUGE and much more positive response
Steve Mount is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steve Mount For This Useful Post:
Unread 3rd Jul 2012, 09:40 AM   #337
Advanced Warrior
 
Peter Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: , , Singapore.
Posts: 923
Thanks: 50
Thanked 198 Times in 152 Posts
Blog Entries: 1
Default
Re: "I received a payment of $455.00 to my Paypal account...it does in fact work, and it works great
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi Steve,

No worries I'm not offended at all and I know you meant well. On principle Terry is right to say email is possible to do and anyone anywhere in the world can do this. But you have raised some good points and you may be right that this would work better if we used the telephone or have a local contact. And personally if I were the other party, I would be more comfortable talking on the phone or seeing a human face associated with the business proposal. But if we are half the world apart then I guess it won't be practical and not cost prudent. I guess the next best thing is partnership but just not sure how people feel about that though.

Peter


Originally Posted by Steve Mount View Post

I'd like to apologize because I didn't mean to offend you...and it sounds like I may have. I don't want to say something that would offend anyone who is trying to earn an honest living online.

I'm just pointing out something that I've noticed over the years. That's not to say that every single person noticed the same thing I did... but I speak from experience when I say that when someone out of the country is trying to sell something over the Internet... red flags start to go up for a lot of people here in the states. There's a difference when you get a local person who sounds like a "down home" type because the person you're trying to market too instantly feels more of a connection and a little more trust is there.

Anyways, that's just my $0.02 and again, I apologize if you were offended by what I was trying to point out. I was trying to make a suggestion that may help your response rate go up.
Peter Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3rd Jul 2012, 10:13 AM   #338
Veteran Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
DoWhatWorks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Stony Brook, NY
Posts: 1,766
Thanks: 340
Thanked 419 Times in 261 Posts
Default
Re: "I received a payment of $455.00 to my Paypal account...it does in fact work, and it works great
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi Steve,

I really do appreciate you trying to help Pete out, although I am a little confused as to how it would matter if someone is American or not, if they are sending the emails that I provide in the course. Do you mean that, if they have to communicate with additional emails, that there could be a language barrier, if the person is not fluent in English? In Pete's case, he is extremely well spoken in his emails, so I don't believe that would be the issue with him. If someone is using the phone approach, however, and they are not fluent in English, this could certainly be a challenge for both the person trying to implement my course materials as well as for the call recipient. I would agree that, if there is a significant language barrier, it could be far more challenging, if the caller and the call recipient don't understand each other.

Thanks for trying to help out!

-Terry


Originally Posted by Steve Mount View Post

I hate to say this to sound like I'm racist or stereotyping but... if you're not American and you're trying to email Americans.... you're probably not going to get a good response.

My suggestion is to hire an AMERICAN who can CALL people on your behalf. The response rate is incredible doing this. I wouldn't give up on this system until you've tried this first.

With any business, you have to realize that you're not going to be good at everything, so you need to hire someone who's really good at the things that you're not.
DoWhatWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3rd Jul 2012, 10:15 AM   #339
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 2,250
Thanks: 161
Thanked 158 Times in 82 Posts
Default
Re: "I received a payment of $455.00 to my Paypal account...it does in fact work, and it works great
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by DoWhatWorks View Post

Hi Steve,

I really do appreciate you trying to help Pete out, although I am a little confused as to how it would matter if someone is American or not, if they are sending the emails that I provide in the course. Do you mean that, if they have to communicate with additional emails, that there could be a language barrier, if the person is not fluent in English? In Pete's case, he is extremely well spoken in his emails, so I don't believe that would be the issue with him. If someone is using the phone approach, however, and they are not fluent in English, this could certainly be a challenge for both the person trying to implement my course materials as well as for the call recipient. I would agree that, if there is a significant language barrier, it could be far more challenging, if the caller and the call recipient don't understand each other.

Thanks for trying to help out!

-Terry
Yep, that's exactly my point Anyways, just throwing out my observations and past experience with emails vs. phone. No one has to listen
Steve Mount is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3rd Jul 2012, 10:18 AM   #340
Shetland Exile
War Room Member
 
John Coutts's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: Extremadura, Spain
Posts: 575
Thanks: 597
Thanked 688 Times in 331 Posts
Default
Re: "I received a payment of $455.00 to my Paypal account...it does in fact work, and it works great
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Steve Mount View Post

I hate to say this to sound like I'm racist or stereotyping but... if you're not American and you're trying to email Americans.... you're probably not going to get a good response.

My suggestion is to hire an AMERICAN who can CALL people on your behalf. The response rate is incredible doing this. I wouldn't give up on this system until you've tried this first.

With any business, you have to realize that you're not going to be good at everything, so you need to hire someone who's really good at the things that you're not.
I disagree.

I have not had time to try out Terry's method, but I know it will work for me.

I know that because I write for a living, and much of my work comes from clients in the USA, but I am not an American. However, I get those clients through cold calling by email. I also get offered more work than I can comfortably handle, and the work I do take on pays a very high rate too.

I only mention this because cold calling is pretty much the same regardless of what you are offering, and in my opinion, it all comes down to professionalism. If you present yourself in the most professional manner possible, check each email three or four times thoroughly before sending it out, making sure it is personal and not generic, then you will get a reasonable response.

When I do marketing for my writing service, I can always expect about a 8% response rate. That is, for every 100 emails I send out, I usually get 8 positive responses. Not all of those will end up being actual work, but after getting back to them, I can usually get orders from 5 of them on average. That works out around 1 actual work order from every 20 emails I send out.

I find that to be a dependable and reliable figure. I also find that the more effort I put in to being professional, but approachable and sincere, the better the response. I fully expect Terry's method to work out the same.

I find that my American clients, on the whole, have no problem with me not being an American who is not located in America. I am Scottish, but I live in Spain. That could appear to be a problem, on the face of it, but I have rarely found it to be so. I am judged on my writing ability, and that's the way it should be.

I have one regular American client who, after giving me work for six months, contacted me one day to say he had just found out I was not an American, and why had I not been honest with him. I replied that I had never hidden the fact, and he had never asked, and was there suddenly something wrong with the quality of my writing. He replied to say I was right; there was really no problem. He is still a regular client.

The key to making email cold calling work is professionalism.

  • Your full name must be in the "From" field, as Terry has already mentioned.
  • Your email address must match the website domain.
  • Your website domain name must appear professional and not cheap and silly, something like, www.KidsSafety4U.info (I made that up).
  • There cannot be one single spelling or grammar mistake in any of the emails you send out, so check, check, check - every time.
  • You should come across as professional and friendly (but not too friendly) every time.
  • Only claim it "doesn't work" after you have sent out a minimum of 1,000 emails and had no positive response (and even then, it will still be YOU who isn't doing it right).
Cold calling by email works - even if you are not an American who is contacting Americans, and not located in the USA. I know, because I have been doing it on a regular basis for over 15 years with considerable success.

John.
John Coutts is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to John Coutts For This Useful Post:
Unread 3rd Jul 2012, 10:20 AM   #341
Veteran Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
DoWhatWorks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Stony Brook, NY
Posts: 1,766
Thanks: 340
Thanked 419 Times in 261 Posts
Default
Re: "I received a payment of $455.00 to my Paypal account...it does in fact work, and it works great
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi Peter,

I'm not sure if you understood what I meant about what should appear in the "From" field. Even if your full name is in your emal address, that is not what I meant. What I meant was this:

When someone receives your email and they log into their email account to check their new messages, your message should say that it's from: Peter Lee

If your email message shows as being from peter_lee@yourdomainname.com, this looks spammy. Many people, myself included, delete emails that do not show as being from: FIRSTNAME LASTNAME.

Especially if your domain name describes what this businsss is, it will look like spam to the recipient, because they will look at your email address in the from field of their inbox, they'll read your domain name in the from field, and they'll assume the email is a solicitation, so they'll delete it.

Please email me the exact same email that you are sending to recipients, from the same email address, and I will let you know what I'm seeing in the from field. Please don't make any changes to what you'd been doing, because I'd like to see what the recipients of your emails have been seeing.

-Terry

Originally Posted by Peter Lee View Post

Hi Terry,

Nope. My email is peter_lee@domain.com so it's definitely not this. I even bought a .com and not .info as you had suggested. That didn't help too.

Regards
Peter
DoWhatWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoWhatWorks For This Useful Post:
Unread 3rd Jul 2012, 10:30 AM   #342
Veteran Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
DoWhatWorks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Stony Brook, NY
Posts: 1,766
Thanks: 340
Thanked 419 Times in 261 Posts
Default
Re: "I received a payment of $455.00 to my Paypal account...it does in fact work, and it works great
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi Peter,

I don't fully understand Steve's post, although I understand he is trying to help, I'm not really sure what he means, so I have made a post, asking him to please clarify what he meant. You specifically are extremely fluent and well spoken in English, so I don't believe that anyone would have a difficult time understanding you, if you wrote emails that were in addition to the ones that I provide in the course. I believe that Steve might have meant that if someone wrote additional emails, besides the ones I provide in the course, and there were many grammatical errors, that it could affect your results, and I would agree with that, just because the recipient might view an email, with many grammatical errors, as being unprofessional. Likewise, if someone used the phone approach, but they were not fluent in English, this could create a language barrier, which would make it hard to conduct business with English-speaking customers.

-Terry


Originally Posted by Peter Lee View Post

Steve,

Yes you do sound like a racist but if this is in general consensus with what most other Americans feel about this then this is very useful information to me. I've been doing IM for 5 years but never have had to use email mainly to correspond to clients to solicit any business proposition. So being Asian and if using email as the only means to do this business sets me in a big disadvantage then this might be why my results are so bad. Like you suggested. But if this were true perhaps Terry should include as a proviso in her WSO "NO ASIANS ALLOWED"...or "This WSO will work only for American online marketers". But I guess even Terry cannot arbitrarily said so as she is a singular voice and would not represent the whole American audience.

This is important - I now like to find out if more American WF members like Steve feel this way too...that this WSO will not work for a non-American like me trying to do this sort of business which reveals that I am a non-American. I like to invite any American on this thread who feels this way to say something. I also like to ask any non-American who has bought this WSO to say in your opinion if you being a non-American feels prejudiced and feel there is racism here since your email communication may reveal that you are non-American like Indians, Malaysians, Philipinos, Singaporeans etc.

Well over to you ladies and gents...hope to get some feedback. This is important and if the results show that what Steve said is worth a pinch of salt then it just means I ought not to try do any kind of online business that uses email sending as a primary means of communication to solicit any business.

Peter
DoWhatWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3rd Jul 2012, 10:37 AM   #343
Veteran Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
DoWhatWorks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Stony Brook, NY
Posts: 1,766
Thanks: 340
Thanked 419 Times in 261 Posts
Default
Re: "I received a payment of $455.00 to my Paypal account...it does in fact work, and it works great
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi Steve,

Thanks for clarifying what you meant. As with anything, if there is a language barrier, this could create a communication gap, which might present some additional challenges, so I do agree with that point. I must say, however, that I have come across Americans too, whose English is so poor, that I find it difficult to understand what they are saying. Pete is extremely well spoken and his emails have better grammar than some Americans.

-Terry


Originally Posted by Steve Mount View Post

I'd like to apologize because I didn't mean to offend you...and it sounds like I may have. I don't want to say something that would offend anyone who is trying to earn an honest living online.

I'm just pointing out something that I've noticed over the years. That's not to say that every single person noticed the same thing I did... but I speak from experience when I say that when someone out of the country is trying to sell something over the Internet... red flags start to go up for a lot of people here in the states. There's a difference when you get a local person who sounds like a "down home" type because the person you're trying to market too instantly feels more of a connection and a little more trust is there.

Anyways, that's just my $0.02 and again, I apologize if you were offended by what I was trying to point out. I was trying to make a suggestion that may help your response rate go up.
Originally Posted by Steve Mount View Post

Yep, that's exactly my point Anyways, just throwing out my observations and past experience with emails vs. phone. No one has to listen
DoWhatWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3rd Jul 2012, 10:41 AM   #344
Veteran Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
DoWhatWorks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Stony Brook, NY
Posts: 1,766
Thanks: 340
Thanked 419 Times in 261 Posts
Default
Re: "I received a payment of $455.00 to my Paypal account...it does in fact work, and it works great
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi Ed,

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback on what has been working for you.

Thanks also for offering Pete advice and for helping out!

-Terry

Originally Posted by edakehurst View Post

Peter,

From what I have done with this so far, I see no reason why this can't work via email alone.

Are you sure you are targeting the right types of places and are you sure you are emailing the person in charge?

Do you have Skype? If so, you CAN call them (assuming your English is OK, and from your written style, I am assuming it is excellent).

You can also take on an American partner to handle some of the follow up calls on any deals that need following up on, if that is preferable to you.

It's just a numbers game.

Ed
DoWhatWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3rd Jul 2012, 10:47 AM   #345
Veteran Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
DoWhatWorks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Stony Brook, NY
Posts: 1,766
Thanks: 340
Thanked 419 Times in 261 Posts
Default
Re: "I received a payment of $455.00 to my Paypal account...it does in fact work, and it works great
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi mlmmentors,

Great advice!

In this WSO, I have only shared what has personally worked for me. As someone else also mentioned on this thread, however, it's important that people treat this like a business. This is a really valuable product/service that does a great deal of good for the local community. When you provide value to others, and provide something that benefits the community as a whole, you will see positive results. I agree with you that people should feel free to try other things if they want, and see what works for them.

Thanks again!

-Terry

Originally Posted by mlmmentors View Post

It's hard trying to help people. Someone mentioned that they are having success calling providers. That may be the way to go if email is not working for you. Take the suggestions and implement them then see if your response changes. I'm definitely going to change up a few things after reading this post. We have to remember to keep positive, ask questions and adjust your attitude when needed.
DoWhatWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3rd Jul 2012, 10:51 AM   #346
Veteran Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
DoWhatWorks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Stony Brook, NY
Posts: 1,766
Thanks: 340
Thanked 419 Times in 261 Posts
Default
Re: "I received a payment of $455.00 to my Paypal account...it does in fact work, and it works great
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi Steve,

Wow, thank you for this golden advice to anyone who wishes to take the phone approach.

Thank you for sharing the site that you used to hire someone as well as what you're paying them.

Just out of curiosity, did you do anything else to ensure that you would get someone who is really good and conversational on the phone? I ask this because I always get calls from telemarketers who sound like they're reading from a phone script. Did you do anything else to find someone who is skilled and conversational-sounding?

Thanks again!

-Terry

Originally Posted by Steve Mount View Post

Peter,

What I did was I went to oDesk.com and found a really good list of telemarketers. They were all in America (and yes, I think this is vitally important since you're approaching businesses on a local level) and they all speak very naturally. The conversations my lady has been having have been casual, friendly and she's taking the approach of "just having a conversation" and I think that's helping A LOT.

I wouldn't pay more than $15 an hour to someone to do this. Have them make phone calls for maybe 5 or 6 hours a week. I can guarantee, as long as you've found a good person on oDesk, that you'll have a HUGE and much more positive response
DoWhatWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3rd Jul 2012, 11:35 AM   #347
Veteran Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
DoWhatWorks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Stony Brook, NY
Posts: 1,766
Thanks: 340
Thanked 419 Times in 261 Posts
Default
Re: "I received a payment of $455.00 to my Paypal account...it does in fact work, and it works great
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi Steve,

Your advice and help is much appreciated!

-Terry

Originally Posted by Steve Mount View Post

Yep, that's exactly my point Anyways, just throwing out my observations and past experience with emails vs. phone. No one has to listen
DoWhatWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3rd Jul 2012, 11:45 AM   #348
Veteran Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
DoWhatWorks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Stony Brook, NY
Posts: 1,766
Thanks: 340
Thanked 419 Times in 261 Posts
Default
Re: "I received a payment of $455.00 to my Paypal account...it does in fact work, and it works great
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi John,

Thank you for your excellent advice and for sharing the success that you've had in your existing business.

Thank you for confirming the importance of your full name being in the "From" field. This is critically important. I always immediately delete an email that is from firstname_lastname@domainname.com, support@domainname.com, etc. The email must be from "John Smith" or whomever the sender is. I will say, especially in the business that I teach in this WSO, that it is vitally important that the email show as being from "FIRSTNAME LASTNAME" in the recipient's inbox. This is especially true if the domain name, within the email address, alludes to the product/service. The recipient will see the email address in the from field, they'll see the reference to the product or service in the domain name, and they'll think, "This is spam." If, however, the email says something like, "John Smith", this could be one of their customers, a patient, a parent, etc., so the email will get opened every time. I cannot stress the importance of this point enough. Your other points are extremely spot on too, but I have noticed that the people who have mentioned that they have not been getting great response rates have all been making this same mistake. Fortunately, the solution is very easy to correct.

Thank you for adding your thoughts to this conversation, because it's very important that people reading this WSO thread also hear from others, who have first hand experience with this form of marketing. Thanks again!

-Terry

Originally Posted by John Coutts View Post

I disagree.

I have not had time to try out Terry's method, but I know it will work for me.

I know that because I write for a living, and much of my work comes from clients in the USA, but I am not an American. However, I get those clients through cold calling by email. I also get offered more work than I can comfortably handle, and the work I do take on pays a very high rate too.

I only mention this because cold calling is pretty much the same regardless of what you are offering, and in my opinion, it all comes down to professionalism. If you present yourself in the most professional manner possible, check each email three or four times thoroughly before sending it out, making sure it is personal and not generic, then you will get a reasonable response.

When I do marketing for my writing service, I can always expect about a 8% response rate. That is, for every 100 emails I send out, I usually get 8 positive responses. Not all of those will end up being actual work, but after getting back to them, I can usually get orders from 5 of them on average. That works out around 1 actual work order from every 20 emails I send out.

I find that to be a dependable and reliable figure. I also find that the more effort I put in to being professional, but approachable and sincere, the better the response. I fully expect Terry's method to work out the same.

I find that my American clients, on the whole, have no problem with me not being an American who is not located in America. I am Scottish, but I live in Spain. That could appear to be a problem, on the face of it, but I have rarely found it to be so. I am judged on my writing ability, and that's the way it should be.

I have one regular American client who, after giving me work for six months, contacted me one day to say he had just found out I was not an American, and why had I not been honest with him. I replied that I had never hidden the fact, and he had never asked, and was there suddenly something wrong with the quality of my writing. He replied to say I was right; there was really no problem. He is still a regular client.

The key to making email cold calling work is professionalism.

  • Your full name must be in the "From" field, as Terry has already mentioned.
  • Your email address must match the website domain.
  • Your website domain name must appear professional and not cheap and silly, something like, www.KidsSafety4U.info (I made that up).
  • There cannot be one single spelling or grammar mistake in any of the emails you send out, so check, check, check - every time.
  • You should come across as professional and friendly (but not too friendly) every time.
  • Only claim it "doesn't work" after you have sent out a minimum of 1,000 emails and had no positive response (and even then, it will still be YOU who isn't doing it right).
Cold calling by email works - even if you are not an American who is contacting Americans, and not located in the USA. I know, because I have been doing it on a regular basis for over 5 years with considerable success.

John.
DoWhatWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoWhatWorks For This Useful Post:
Unread 3rd Jul 2012, 12:05 PM   #349
Veteran Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
DoWhatWorks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Stony Brook, NY
Posts: 1,766
Thanks: 340
Thanked 419 Times in 261 Posts
Default
Re: "I received a payment of $455.00 to my Paypal account...it does in fact work, and it works great
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi Peter,

Thank you for sending me the same email that you are sending out. I have received it and I have replied to you, with a screenshot to show you what I see in my inbox, after I've received your message. I've explained in my last post here and in the email that I've sent you, why it's important that the email be from "Peter Lee" and not peter_lee@yourdomainname.com

In my email to you, I have explained how you can fix this mistake.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this, because this is a very important point of consideration.

-Terry




Originally Posted by DoWhatWorks View Post

Hi Peter,

I'm not sure if you understood what I meant about what should appear in the "From" field. Even if your full name is in your emal address, that is not what I meant. What I meant was this:

When someone receives your email and they log into their email account to check their new messages, your message should say that it's from: Peter Lee

If your email message shows as being from peter_lee@yourdomainname.com, this looks spammy. Many people, myself included, delete emails that do not show as being from: FIRSTNAME LASTNAME.

Especially if your domain name describes what this businsss is, it will look like spam to the recipient, because they will look at your email address in the from field of their inbox, they'll read your domain name in the from field, and they'll assume the email is a solicitation, so they'll delete it.

Please email me the exact same email that you are sending to recipients, from the same email address, and I will let you know what I'm seeing in the from field. Please don't make any changes to what you'd been doing, because I'd like to see what the recipients of your emails have been seeing.

-Terry
DoWhatWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3rd Jul 2012, 01:31 PM   #350
Warrior Member
 
Couponssams's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Georgia, US Virgin Islands
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Default
Re: "I received a payment of $455.00 to my Paypal account...it does in fact work, and it works great
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Ok here is my opinion! Me as a INVESTOR invest in things! I have made some REALLY bad choices and also some GREAT choices.. This is my INVESTMENT so far :

$27.00>> course
$0.00>> on hosting
$0.00>> on Domain name > .info
Total INVESTMENT $27.00

I went out today with my kids and after our outing we went to A FASTFOOD RESTAURANT.. I spent Almost $40.00 on our meal!! Just reading some of the comments just made me think.. If i can spend 40 bucks on FASTFOOD!! What is a $27 on a course that not only will help me but help kids!! I know everyone pocket is different and i understand that. But please try and be nice to each other work together as a team!! If your passion is not for the cause then i totally understand but dont hate on the course because you did not give it your all.

Sammy
Couponssams is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Couponssams For This Useful Post:


Bookmarks

Tags
home business, how to make money at home, make money, work from home

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:14 PM.