Help me choose host resources for my website !

15 replies
  • WEB DESIGN
  • |
I set my wepsite at Goddady.com, use resource lever 1. It has 512MB RAM, I/O 1024KB/s. Now they alert me resource was limited. My site cannot logon.
They recommend me upgraed resource to level 2 or level 3.
Level 2 has 1024MB RAM, I/O 1024MB/s; level 3 has 2048MB RAM, I/O is 2048MB/s.
Can you tell me what level to choose ?
I'm building niche site.
Thank you for reading !
#choose #host #resources #website
  • Profile picture of the author DavisBrown
    For Hosting i prefer Bluehost and for wordpress development i recommend TemplateToaster.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10716029].message }}
  • I have a very good experience with Hostgator.com after I had suffered from Godaddy,bluehost and greengeek.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10718840].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Travis Ross
    As a website designer I've dealt with all the major hosting companies, and I prefer iPage.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10718906].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author imnathanjames
    I use d9 hosting, really good.
    Never had a problem with them.
    Iv'e used blue host also, they're ok.

    But Godaddy and hostgator are terrible.Worst service i have ever come across.

    I also use the genesis theme but can not configure it to how i want it. So will be purchasing a new theme soon.
    Signature

    My mission to escape the factory grind http://imnathanjames.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10719836].message }}
  • I would definetly recommend Justhost...is perfect for new websites and is very cheap...i paid around 3$/ month for 4 years hosting. I dont remember exactly but i paid around 100$ for 4 years with 1 year free domain name. And is unlimited and uptime is 99%. Never had problems with them.
    Signature

    Owner of beatifull website WeCodeArt.com Blog. I love CSS, HTML, JS, Wordpress and a little bit of PHP !

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10721120].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hoabantrang
    I agree Goddady is terrible. I bought hosting at Ipage, but this difficult to use. I like Goddady's interface, its friendly.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10724551].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author npoint
    Originally Posted by hoabantrang View Post

    I set my wepsite at Goddady.com, use resource lever 1. It has 512MB RAM, I/O 1024KB/s. Now they alert me resource was limited. My site cannot logon.
    They recommend me upgraed resource to level 2 or level 3.
    Level 2 has 1024MB RAM, I/O 1024MB/s; level 3 has 2048MB RAM, I/O is 2048MB/s.
    Can you tell me what level to choose ?
    I'm building niche site.
    Thank you for reading !
    Try hostgator.com - I am using their servers since years never had any problems with performance.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10724615].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author zcrafts
    Avoid godaddy at all cost ..first you need to look for different provider.. you can try Webhost UK fantastic host with good managed support.
    Signature

    DealDomains.Net | Design your Dreams
    List of Quality Top 5 Web hosting Providers | Just to help you when you need them :)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10724670].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AllenMack
    Not a big fan of any hosting provider but cloudways not bcoz of they are providing free SSL and advanced caching and other cloning features etc. But bcoz of their support as well. They support you at the time when you need it.

    Don't know if you are convinced but however I do have a coupon, which I have received recently on my email address, let me actually share it with you here. It's for new user signups, so I have no use of it right now Coupon is SUMMER16 -With this you will get 15% discount for three months on any server.

    Good Luck
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10725111].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bomtik
    Quality and cheap services are available from A2hosting.com and Qhoster.com.
    They have stable servers and uptime is high. Pricing policy is simple and flexible.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10725330].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author socialtechy1
    What kind of website do you have? May be your website is using a lot of resources this is why Godaddy has sent you a notification.

    You should go for Level 2 then if not then contact Godaddy Support Team.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10731985].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author hoabantrang
      Originally Posted by socialtechy1 View Post

      What kind of website do you have? May be your website is using a lot of resources this is why Godaddy has sent you a notification.

      You should go for Level 2 then if not then contact Godaddy Support Team.
      I built niche site about household. It has just began. There are only 3 posts, several image. Now i cannot access my web because limited resource. I dont think upgade to level 2 my site will be stable. I addition several posts, some image or video clip the resource limit again. If my site has a lot of content what level I need ?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10732296].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author EvolveWebHosting
        Originally Posted by hoabantrang View Post

        I built niche site about household. It has just began. There are only 3 posts, several image. Now i cannot access my web because limited resource. I dont think upgade to level 2 my site will be stable. I addition several posts, some image or video clip the resource limit again. If my site has a lot of content what level I need ?
        If the site is that small and you just purchased it from them, make them honor their money back guarantee and move on. Unless you did custom programming that includes endless queries, you should not be maxing out any server resources.
        Signature

        Evolve Web Hosting | Denver, CO USA
        https://www.evolvewebhost.com
        Like us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/evolvewebhost

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10734790].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Vilvop
    You may use services from time-tested companies like veeble.org and ifastnet.com.
    Plans have many useful resources to run websites smoothly and reliably. Support is helpful for 24 hours.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10734512].message }}

Trending Topics