Over the last few years I've helped many people with their WordPress websites. Everything from hosting it to designing it. I'll be honestest I kind of stumbled upon this. It all started as a hobby because I wanted my own blog, then I began favors for friends and family.
Now I'm being reached out by other people who want me to build/manage their website, and I'm joining a local marketing agency to offer web design to their new clients. I'm not complaining though, I really appreciate the opportunities I've gotten, and I love helping those around me.
I would like to take it more serious and start making it a full-time hustle.
I have a few reseller hosting accounts for my current "clients", however the process of setting up a website to having the final product is a bit tedious.
Here's my current process...
- Use Waveapp to for invoice
- Gather domain
- Set up DNS/nameserver info
- Create an account on my reseller hosting
- Save login info on text pad
- Enable HTTPS through Lets Encrypt
- Install wordpress through
- Install theme (I normally cycle through a few popular themes like divi, themify, layerswp, etc)
- Install needed plugins
- Gather content via email (photos, bios, about, etc)
- Start working on layout etc
- Go back & forth with client until they're happy
My question is, as an "agency" of one (for now), how can I make this easier for me and everyone involved?
I know that flywheel has pretty neat Wordpress hosting that makes this a lot easier, but are there other alternatives? They are a bit pricy and have weird bandwith driven plans.
I would love to read about how other people on here manage their clients and onboarding process. I really want to make the most of what's going on right now. I finally have a chance to focus on what I enjoy doing while making decent money.
Thank you for reading