Please review my site

by alanaj
16 replies
  • WEB DESIGN
  • |
Hi All,

Please take a look at my site and provide any feedback you think will be helpful. (removed)

Thank you!
#review #site
  • Profile picture of the author LibertyUnc
    I'll start with the good:

    The layout is nice, clean, and easy to navigate. If people find your site, they likely won't leave immediately.

    And the bad:
    ( take this with a grain of salt )

    The search optimization leaves a lot to be desired. If you want people to be able to find your site via organic searches, you really should consider doing the following:

    • Change your title tags so that they are not all the site name. If you want to keep the site name in them all, at least add in what the page is about.
    • Add in meta description tags. For the nicest results, hand craft them for each page and add the meta noodp and noydir tags to each page so that your descriptions show up in search results.
    • Use H1 Tags for your primary information. If they make things look too large, style them with inline css so that they look the way you want.
    • Add title tags to your images to help tell search robots what your images are of. While you are at it, you might want to consider renaming the images themselves to have names depicting not where they are on your site, but what they are displaying.
    • Fix your meta name tags so that they aren't inside of the html body element.
    • If you must use a banner with text in the image rather than positioned on top of it, be sure to include a title tag for it that depicts your site title and/or primary keywords.
    Of course, that is just my opinion...but if you do the above and make sure that your pages and/or site are targeting specific keyword phrases you should see more traffic.
    Signature

    A full stack LAMP+Javascript developer with 20 years of experience. Oh right ... and a marketer in progress.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2025436].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author alanaj
      Originally Posted by LibertyUnc View Post

      I'll start with the good:

      The layout is nice, clean, and easy to navigate. If people find your site, they likely won't leave immediately.

      And the bad:
      ( take this with a grain of salt )

      The search optimization leaves a lot to be desired. If you want people to be able to find your site via organic searches, you really should consider doing the following:

      • Change your title tags so that they are not all the site name. If you want to keep the site name in them all, at least add in what the page is about.
      • Add in meta description tags. For the nicest results, hand craft them for each page and add the meta noodp and noydir tags to each page so that your descriptions show up in search results.
      • Use H1 Tags for your primary information. If they make things look too large, style them with inline css so that they look the way you want.
      • Add title tags to your images to help tell search robots what your images are of. While you are at it, you might want to consider renaming the images themselves to have names depicting not where they are on your site, but what they are displaying.
      • Fix your meta name tags so that they aren't inside of the html body element.
      • If you must use a banner with text in the image rather than positioned on top of it, be sure to include a title tag for it that depicts your site title and/or primary keywords.
      Of course, that is just my opinion...but if you do the above and make sure that your pages and/or site are targeting specific keyword phrases you should see more traffic.
      Thanks LibertyUnc - Your advice is noted. This is all helpful information, I will do my best to get implement all suggested. Thanks for your feedback.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2025475].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author addaminsane
    wow libertyunc said it all, very good review, i guess i would add that its a bit bland and the purpose of the site is relatively unknown. As it stands it would approach a 100% bounce rate even for relevant traffic.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2025574].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author justsimon
    I agree the website does look bland. It looks like you purchased it from a template site.

    I'm not sure what actions you want users to take, download more information, signup for more information.

    I don't know what your unique selling point is, or even if you have one.
    Signature

    ----------------------------------------------
    Shop-Bright Web Design Central London

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2025724].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ferriswannabe
    all-in-one seo plugin can help implement a lot of the things LibertyUNC gave you advice on.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2025735].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DaveMassingham
    Maybe if you offered a free e-book on your site to capture visitors names. as they say (and i agree) the money is in the list. Try aweber.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2025977].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ganesh786
    Hi
    Nice Site subject and Design
    Just need to do some image Optimization
    Second you can align the contact us form to the left or right and can use captcha to avoid bad robots and spammer
    Thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2025988].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author agraj1
      hello,
      there are some points on which i want to take your focus, like site is too simple, simple is good but there is nothing which can attracts visitor attention. Use some flash, to bring some different. Second thing i would like to tell you is color combination make is bright, bright color not flashy once. Rest all is fine...
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2026441].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author alanaj
        Originally Posted by addaminsane View Post

        wow libertyunc said it all, very good review, i guess i would add that its a bit bland and the purpose of the site is relatively unknown. As it stands it would approach a 100% bounce rate even for relevant traffic.
        addaminsane - thanks for your feedback. There is an intro paragraph identifying the purpose of the site. Do you think I should include similar info on each sales page?

        Originally Posted by justsimon View Post

        I agree the website does look bland. It looks like you purchased it from a template site.

        I'm not sure what actions you want users to take, download more information, signup for more information.

        I don't know what your unique selling point is, or even if you have one.
        justsimon - thanks for your input. I didn't purchase it from a template site However, I don't want it to be too flashy because of the nature of the products being sold. As for actions, I have download now links on each sales page. Are you suggesting "Buy Now" buttoms instead the "Download Now" text? Please let me know. Thanks!

        Originally Posted by ferriswannabe View Post

        all-in-one seo plugin can help implement a lot of the things LibertyUNC gave you advice on.
        Ferriswannabe - Thanks so much! I put the layout, text and design together, but I didn't build the site. I will take this information to my site builder and have the changes updated. You're the best!

        Originally Posted by DaveMassingham.com View Post

        Maybe if you offered a free e-book on your site to capture visitors names. as they say (and i agree) the money is in the list. Try aweber.com

        Hi DaveMassigham - thanks for your feedback. I am planning to offer a free ebook along the theme of the site "Resources that focus on personal growth" but I'm trying not to take the opt-in list route just yet. I will however keep aweber in mind.

        Originally Posted by ganesh786 View Post

        Hi
        Nice Site subject and Design
        Just need to do some image Optimization
        Second you can align the contact us form to the left or right and can use captcha to avoid bad robots and spammer
        Thanks
        ganesh786 - Thank you for your review. LibertyUnc gave me a lot to improve upon with the Optimization. As for the contact form, I'll work on aligning it to the left.

        Originally Posted by agraj1 View Post

        hello,
        there are some points on which i want to take your focus, like site is too simple, simple is good but there is nothing which can attracts visitor attention. Use some flash, to bring some different. Second thing i would like to tell you is color combination make is bright, bright color not flashy once. Rest all is fine...
        agraji1 - I appreciate your feedback on the site. I'm planning to change the link color to a dark gray, which will reduce the brightness.

        Many thanks to all of you for taking the time to review my site and provide your feedback!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2027286].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author weaveronline
    Nice work!
    It will be better if you could arrange a new position for menu and increase the visibility.
    Now, people can see the menus only if the scroll down and reach the bottom of the page
    Signature

    Thanks & Regards,
    Reach us at dukeduke600@gmail.com.
    Web Design| Logo Design | Banner Design | Web Development | Mobile Applications [iPhone/iPad/Android/Windows Phone]

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2027389].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author alanaj
      Originally Posted by Nancy[WeaverIT] View Post

      Nice work!
      It will be better if you could arrange a new position for menu and increase the visibility.
      Now, people can see the menus only if the scroll down and reach the bottom of the page
      Thanks Nancy! It's on the list to move the navigation from the bottom to the top

      PS - I tried to send you a PM, but I forgot I have to have 50 posts before I can send PMs. The website link in your signature doesn't work.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2027412].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author weaveronline
    If you have time ,just try adding some animations or flash intro in the home page.
    OR else just you can use horizontal sliding for each item with a read more Link
    something like in this url
    www[dot]dyn-web[dot]com/code/scroll/horiz.php]Horizontal Scrolling[/url]

    I cant post urls due to limited post replies
    Signature

    Thanks & Regards,
    Reach us at dukeduke600@gmail.com.
    Web Design| Logo Design | Banner Design | Web Development | Mobile Applications [iPhone/iPad/Android/Windows Phone]

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2027650].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author randalblanchette
    Dunno if it has been said, but this is a REALLY broad category of topics. Just saying. Good luck though.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2027946].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jedz
    Banned
    I like the color green. Just add some flash so it will look more attractive.
    all in all, the site looks great!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2029387].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tinywebdesigner
    Simple & Clean Design!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2029891].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author alanaj
      Originally Posted by jedz View Post

      I like the color green. Just add some flash so it will look more attractive.
      all in all, the site looks great!
      Originally Posted by tinywebdesigner View Post

      Simple & Clean Design!

      Thanks guys. I really appreciate all your feedback to help me make this a better site.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2029994].message }}

Trending Topics