I need your opinion on my design

26 replies
  • WEB DESIGN
  • |
Hi,

for about a year, I;ve been running a site on dating and confidence for men. I was using a reprogrammed wordpress environment (multi-user) provided by some seminar organizers. The advantage was that there was almost no desiger work and very little technical issues. The problem is that it's not flexible at all. Now I'd like to ask your opinion:

1. do you think the sites design really affects whether people get interested or not (and we assume that the overall design is quite professionally looking)?

2. What do you think about the design of my site masculinefreedom . com and does it grab enough of your attention if you were interested in dating advice for men?

The reason I'm asking is that I'm thinking about switching environments, so that I can fully determine my own design (as opposed to using a predefined theme). But it's a LOT of work and might affect my SEO.

Thanks!
Ivan
#design #opinion
  • Profile picture of the author Web Tempest
    1 - yes site design plays a big role

    2 - The site is reasonably professional looking however at first glance I would never guess it's a dating site for men. I think I'd rather see an image of a guy chatting to a bunch of good looking girls on the front page, just to show me what I can achieve by being on your site. Perhaps not as corny as the image on your "7 alpha male characteristics" post, but a reasonable and genuine photo of a guy with girls who appear vividly interested in him.

    Also the "Sharing is sexy" plugin is actually pretty ugly and annoying. Better off with a simple Facebook likes, tweets, LinkedIn posts, and Google plus ones plugin (there are plenty).

    Good luck
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4558368].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bizzoyce
    Your site is nice but I would change the header to something that appeals more to men. You want to make you page look like you know what your doing. Like Web said above a guy chatting with girls but not some crazy good looking guy just an average joe with above average women not supermodels.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4558568].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DarrinMcGann
    Hey man your site looks nice and all but it doesn't grab me and say "Hey man I've got a secret to share with you!" The site design I would think would be especially important in this case considering how visual men are in there partner choices! Your site needs to SHOUT this is what I can do for you!

    Best of luck to ya
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4559086].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DrLegend
      Thanks guys!

      Thats the thing: I can NOT change the header because the wordpress environment I'm using comes only with predesigned themes (it's a multiuser worpress environment). In principle I could use the TwentyTen theme, but it's really ugly.

      I do think you're right. But for me, this will mean that I'll have to transfer my site to a completely new wordpress environment. This will take me ages to do and might mess up my link structure and SEO. But if it's really worth it, I'm up for doing it.

      Ivan
      Signature

      Become the man that women desire! For awesome tips on how to develop a magnetic charisma and attract the women of your dreams, go to:

      http://masculinefreedom.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4560025].message }}
  • Hey friend your site is good but you have putted all the article at front page and your front page became very long. It would be the main reason for increase your bounce rate. So please use read more button at your site..
    thanks
    Signature
    Cheap Reseller web hostingAdword coupon code ● SSL certificate
    Cheap shared hosting cPanel® ● Instant Setup ● 99.9% uptime
    24X7 Live support ● 5 minute response guarantee ● skypee call support
    Dreamy Hosting LLC is the best reseller web hosting provider
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4560639].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shantanu
    website is awesome bro, good work just make your fonts more attractive and interactive..............use corporate style template for ur website it will also create a gud impression
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4562665].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author miahmiah
      The header defianately needs to go. Perhaps a good looking man surrounded by women would be more approriate. The header just draws my attention away to a countryside.
      Not very appealing to draw the attention of men.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4562775].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author robinsden
      Your site needs to really grab a mans attention at the top of the page quickly before you get into the main context of the site so I would use a image of some type showing a guy and a women. Maybe even a bar seen or something like that. This way people will want to know more and read on, but besides that it is a well done site.
      Signature

      Photograph repairs, online computer help and simple site design. http://robinsden.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4562798].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author addison.agnote
    1. Sites design really affects whether people get interested or not. Internet users have a short attention span so you have to make sure that you have an attention grabbing design.

    2. Your site isn't that bad. However, your design do not really complement with the purpose of your website.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4565109].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DrLegend
      Thanks to everyone's advice here, I decided to migrate my site toa new server, where I have full control over everything. I think the new one looks a bit better (check it out by following the link in the sig).
      Signature

      Become the man that women desire! For awesome tips on how to develop a magnetic charisma and attract the women of your dreams, go to:

      http://masculinefreedom.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4611787].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author andrej
    I like the header image - nice woman picture. But the other parts of the site need improvements.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4612215].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DrLegend
      Hi,

      Can you please be more specific about the other parts? What is that needs imporvement? The site bar? The nav menu?

      also note that I just started designing this site and it will change significantly over the next few weeks!

      Ivan
      Signature

      Become the man that women desire! For awesome tips on how to develop a magnetic charisma and attract the women of your dreams, go to:

      http://masculinefreedom.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4614518].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author slomo
    The eyes are focused on the hot girl too much so I dont read the page at all. I would make the girl in the picture smaller
    i like the effect that black and red has
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4616615].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DrLegend
      I am really reluctant to making her smaller....maybe because I like looking at her too much LOL
      Signature

      Become the man that women desire! For awesome tips on how to develop a magnetic charisma and attract the women of your dreams, go to:

      http://masculinefreedom.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4619140].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author marksmit
    Your website needs redesign. I've lots of websites and all are customized sites. They are designed in wordpress. Also your website needs SEO activity so that your website can visible in major search engines. First redesigning and then SEO.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4619307].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IMAnthony
    Hi, i see you are using the Thesis wordpress framework.
    Let me tell you that the domain name doesnt make me think in a dating site, since men are free by nature.

    First: If you really want to take advantage from that frame work you need a lot of knowledge to not make a mistake whe redesigning.
    Now, for me it looks like just another wordpress blog.
    There are a ton of wordpress themes that are SEO friendly and if you do good SEOoffpage, you will succed in it, no matter if you are using that theme or not.

    But here is mi little review:
    1.- Change the logo, a sexy woman resting and looking like saying "You can get me now!"would be a good idea, just remember, women, women, women.
    2.-Learn how to modify your frame work using skins for thesis or learning at thesis hooks
    3.-Play with colors, check another sites, to see how they manage design. Red and black definitely work fine, and some kind of pink, visit sites like adobe kuler and see the palettes they have there.
    4.- I would use a three columns theme.
    5.-In sidebar i would put more content, some bio about the autor, some widgets more,a mini squezee page, etc,

    Or just...
    6.-Hire a designer, it will cost you but you will get a good work.
    Signature
    PAY ATTENTION TO THIS!!



    Are You Ready to Make Money? ----->How I Made $2000 USING LINKEDIN!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4620813].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DrLegend
      Thanks!

      a lot of information here .

      First of all, my domain name is a BRAND. Masculine Freedom is a very profound concept that I have "invented" (although I think it might already exists in another form). So, the domain will definitely stay.

      I actually really like my header, it's "draws in" very much.

      the sidebar will of course get more content rich after a while, since this version of the site is quite new.

      And yes for the technical stuff I will definitely consider hiring a designer, although I'll have to wait till I get a few more coaching clients .

      concerning SEO, I have a guy doing that for me we've done ok so far, but working to get even better results

      And yes, I do want to make the site stand out among other dating sites. Having a professional designer will certainly help, but I also choose to put in a personal touch, not to loose the connection with the site and my personality.

      ...

      and no, most men are NOT free they are imprisonsed in their limiting beliefs and their insecurities. This is also why I created Masculine Freedom!

      Cheers,
      Ivan

      Originally Posted by blueriver View Post

      Hi, i see you are using the Thesis wordpress framework.
      Let me tell you that the domain name doesnt make me think in a dating site, since men are free by nature.

      First: If you really want to take advantage from that frame work you need a lot of knowledge to not make a mistake whe redesigning.
      Now, for me it looks like just another wordpress blog.
      There are a ton of wordpress themes that are SEO friendly and if you do good SEOoffpage, you will succed in it, no matter if you are using that theme or not.

      But here is mi little review:
      1.- Change the logo, a sexy woman resting and looking like saying "You can get me now!"would be a good idea, just remember, women, women, women.
      2.-Learn how to modify your frame work using skins for thesis or learning at thesis hooks
      3.-Play with colors, check another sites, to see how they manage design. Red and black definitely work fine, and some kind of pink, visit sites like adobe kuler and see the palettes they have there.
      4.- I would use a three columns theme.
      5.-In sidebar i would put more content, some bio about the autor, some widgets more,a mini squezee page, etc,

      Or just...
      6.-Hire a designer, it will cost you but you will get a good work.
      Signature

      Become the man that women desire! For awesome tips on how to develop a magnetic charisma and attract the women of your dreams, go to:

      http://masculinefreedom.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4623561].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author IMAnthony
        Originally Posted by DrLegend View Post

        Thanks!

        a lot of information here .

        First of all, my domain name is a BRAND. Masculine Freedom is a very profound concept that I have "invented" (although I think it might already exists in another form). So, the domain will definitely stay.

        I actually really like my header, it's "draws in" very much.

        the sidebar will of course get more content rich after a while, since this version of the site is quite new.

        And yes for the technical stuff I will definitely consider hiring a designer, although I'll have to wait till I get a few more coaching clients .

        concerning SEO, I have a guy doing that for me we've done ok so far, but working to get even better results

        And yes, I do want to make the site stand out among other dating sites. Having a professional designer will certainly help, but I also choose to put in a personal touch, not to loose the connection with the site and my personality.

        ...

        and no, most men are NOT free they are imprisonsed in their limiting beliefs and their insecurities. This is also why I created Masculine Freedom!

        Cheers,
        Ivan
        I think you knew what i meant when i said that all men we were free since we were born.
        And really a do not agree with the topic, or concept, i just don like those words, and i speak as a visitor, if i was looking for tips on how to get a woman, and believe me, thats something ...embarrasment, who can not get a woman? ok, ok, i know...

        but well, we are talking about the design right?

        Anyway what you say is ok, after all is your site,

        Success.
        Signature
        PAY ATTENTION TO THIS!!



        Are You Ready to Make Money? ----->How I Made $2000 USING LINKEDIN!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4624031].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author DrLegend
          Ok, I guess we shouldn't start discussing these topics here, since it's an IM forum .

          One thing I can say: there are tons of websites out there that teach you "how to get a woman" and mine is not one of them. That's the big mistake guys make, they would be much better off BECOMING the man that women fall for (as my tagline says) and being your best and most attractive self. Masculine Freedom is a journey that EVERY man should undertake, because it's fundamental to our nature. It's not about getting that one woman, but rather about (if you like) "getting" the woman of your dreams AND staying the man that she will be attracted to for a long time. Many men don't understand this yet. I totally understand this, cause it took me a while to get there myself .

          Anyway, now I should try to convey what I said above to the visitors of my website

          If you are interested I invite you to my facebook page (link on my website) and we can have a longer discussion about this.

          and YES, it's my commitment to make the design of this website as much appealing and suitable for the topic I'm presenting. So, I'm gonna be hanging around this forum quite a bit and asking many annoying questions lol.



          Originally Posted by blueriver View Post

          I think you knew what i meant when i said that all men we were free since we were born.
          And really a do not agree with the topic, or concept, i just don like those words, and i speak as a visitor, if i was looking for tips on how to get a woman, and believe me, thats something ...embarrasment, who can not get a woman? ok, ok, i know...

          but well, we are talking about the design right?

          Anyway what you say is ok, after all is your site,

          Success.
          Signature

          Become the man that women desire! For awesome tips on how to develop a magnetic charisma and attract the women of your dreams, go to:

          http://masculinefreedom.com

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4626706].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author emyrate
    Originally Posted by DrLegend View Post

    Hi,

    for about a year, I;ve been running a site on dating and confidence for men. I was using a reprogrammed wordpress environment (multi-user) provided by some seminar organizers. The advantage was that there was almost no desiger work and very little technical issues. The problem is that it's not flexible at all. Now I'd like to ask your opinion:

    1. do you think the sites design really affects whether people get interested or not (and we assume that the overall design is quite professionally looking)?

    2. What do you think about the design of my site masculinefreedom . com and does it grab enough of your attention if you were interested in dating advice for men?

    The reason I'm asking is that I'm thinking about switching environments, so that I can fully determine my own design (as opposed to using a predefined theme). But it's a LOT of work and might affect my SEO.

    Thanks!
    Ivan
    i think the site is good . i just went through and i found it very matured based on the context and message .I think it should naturally drive traffic ,cause its got the right keywords .All the best as you aspire to achieve your desire of selling your e-book .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4621705].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author francischan35
    Web design holds much importance for the online business because a good design on website can drag maximum flow of web traffic to your website.

    You just need to make your site show relevance to dating because at first glance you would not know it's a dating site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4624538].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4654671].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Batman88
    Your website needs redesign. I've lots of websites and all are customized sites. They are designed in wordpress. Also your website needs SEO activity so that your website can visible in major search engines. First redesigning and then SEO.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4656814].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kan969
    Good design is crucially important equal as content and maybe u should improve your. Also it will be good to change something in design from time to time. Content is interesting.
    Signature

    Regards, Vukan.
    Create Professionally Looking Website With Free Tools In One Week
    Video Course For Beginners Without Programming Experience

    http://www.how-to-create-a-website.biz

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4677630].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kan969
    Design of site is crucially important equally to content and maybe u should improve your. Also is good to change something in design from time to time. Content of your site is interesting and i think you just have to improve design.
    Signature

    Regards, Vukan.
    Create Professionally Looking Website With Free Tools In One Week
    Video Course For Beginners Without Programming Experience

    http://www.how-to-create-a-website.biz

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4677675].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ennia
    the site in your signature looks simple and nice, i just think you should add some images to your posts, i think this will be helpful for you SEO
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4682066].message }}

Trending Topics