Review on my new website

68 replies
  • WEB DESIGN
  • |
Hello members I just launched a new >WEBSITE < I need honest opinion on it. I was told by a member that this kind of site wont make money. but then I realized that there are over 50 sites like it. the domain is over a year old but the site was completed 2 weeks ago.. I bought so many wso ..no luck..and then it gets ....frustrating ...maybe with your help I can make the right moves on my site. Any opinion on how I can improve it or to drive traffic to it would be helpful. If this dont work I think I will quit internet marketiing.
Thanks for your time.
#review #website
  • Profile picture of the author RFrancis
    My method of traffic soo far is , paying people to send 1000,-15000 etc on the site..dont really seem s to be working.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7290766].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author 300SMG
    You say new or news..it's just a FIVERR knockoff. Nt reinventing the wheel. Looks clean. Good luck.
    Signature

    Don't focus on the money - focus on the plan!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7290811].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author RFrancis
      its new..i was not able to re edit the heading
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7290952].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mikedex
    Design is quiet matched with Fiverr. Need more traffic.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7291770].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author weboasis
    The Contact Us email is wrong. You should change that.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7292252].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author RFrancis
      Originally Posted by weboasis View Post

      The Contact Us email is wrong. You should change that.

      thank you weboasis

      thank you rising sun.....I'm working on that ...any ideas is appreciated
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7294720].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rising_sun
    Banned
    Everything is ok ,but
    my opinion please remake the banner and make ti more glorious.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7294373].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7298037].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ascensionmedia
    Customise the heck out of it and make it look different. You should be thinking, why should someone sign up to your site and not one of the bigger ones? If you have any unique selling points or advantages over the other sites, make them obvious. Also, Google ads on a site that is trying to make money from customers? That's a big no-no for me personally!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7299310].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author RFrancis
      Got you...I m thinking to intergrade or bridge it with wordpress..then i can add more contents ..is there a plugin i can use to merge it into wp


      thank for you help guys... u all are the best
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7300110].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author sb4f
        Originally Posted by RFrancis View Post

        Got you...I m thinking to intergrade or bridge it with wordpress..then i can add more contents ..is there a plugin i can use to merge it into wp


        thank for you help guys... u all are the best
        How do your facebook likes work?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7302542].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sb4f
    How do the facebook likes work on Fiverr? Are they worth it?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7299566].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author m4dcoder
    there are some other established sites on internet similar to yours, so you must plan an unique and effective strategy to get your site stand out.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7299831].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WishLucky
    Another gigs website. Not bad, just focus on your topic.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7302803].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author doel82
    The website is very nice, it is time to promote the best possible ..
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7302899].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RFrancis
    Yesterday one of my subscribers got his 1st $10 sale...im excited.....
    U guys keeping my hopes up...im preparing a surprise for u all...
    Thanks a million guys
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7304289].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RFrancis
    Didn't go to sleep till 4am trying to fine a plugin that I can bridge or merge the site into WordPress. I tried a couple of iframe plugins, but the site is just not fittin in right..and there's not much option to resize them...if there's a better plugin or way to do it ...plese let me know..
    Thanks all
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7304328].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RFrancis
    any ideas on a good iframe plugin or a way to intergrade my website into wordpress..
    thanks.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7316295].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TolyZ
    another fiverr clone...
    What people don't realize by creating those 10,20,30 dollar fiverr clone sites is why would someone go to your website and pay more for the same thing that can be purchased on fiverr for $5?
    Signature
    Professional SEO Company marketing1on1.com that gets results.
    BuyBacklinksCheap.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7316871].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author alexseoking
    You really shouldnt listen to the guy who said it would not work if you are quietly confident that you have what it takes to make your website standout. If it is just a fiverr clone trying to replicate fiverr success then i am afraid to say you will prove the guy right. There are just too many fiverr clones on the internet and most of them have been lost to the black hole of failed websites kinda like planets with no life. Your website will thrive only if it has life on it which means visitors to your website.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7318355].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author themubeen
    Please remake the banner and logo and make it more pretty.
    Signature
    WordPress Expert
    Starts from $97 only
    To Order add me to skype: themubeen

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7318667].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RFrancis
    does anyone know of a plugin i can use to merge or intergrade aa web site with wordpress
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7357952].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dumindu89
    I think you need a unique design instead of the traditional fiverr look.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7357962].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RFrancis
    well yea i agree but i was hoping i could sorta embed the site into wordpress ...ive used iframes plugins which barely does it..the site seems to be too large to insert into the body...besides im gets active sales on the site and to do it over ...especially when there isnt much themes similar....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7357981].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author vikash_kumar
      Hi,
      I always appreciate a new effort of doing thing than nothing. So, Best of luck from my side.
      However, If i am coming to your website and see the same gigs which I can easily purchase from Fiverr in $5? What is the difference will I get by getting a gig on your website?

      You should try to get the answer of this question....and showcase to your subscribers and users

      Regards,
      Vikash
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7358136].message }}
  • It's clearly a fiverr clone. I would change the following:

    Background-

    Adsense banner position-

    Logo Design-

    Overall its not that bad

    cheers!,
    WILL
    Signature
    WebDevelopmentGroup NYC & CA- Small Business Web Development, App Development, WordPress Development, Graphic Designs, Online Marketing, Local Marketing & more!. "Call us 1.800.219.1314 or message us!". Visit us today! "Now On Live Chat Mon-Fri.". www.WebDevelopmentGroup.org
    (Whitelable our Services)
    ===================================
    ==> #1 OFFLINE MARKETING FORUM ON THE WEB! <==
    www.OFFLINEMARKETINGFORUM.com
    (Register Now)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7358468].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author RFrancis
      Originally Posted by WebdevelopmentGroup View Post

      It's clearly a fiverr clone. I would change the following:

      Background-

      Adsense banner position-

      Logo Design-

      Overall its not that bad

      cheers!,
      WILL

      thanks i appreciate your advice
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7358541].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author franktwin
    Fix the header, footer, logo and remove the ads on top.. charge a "membership" fee instead of charge per gig... and you might do well.. I hear the major complaints on fiverr is that they take 1 dollar for every gig delivered. If you only charge a small membership fee for gig suppliers you might get a band wagon jump... Good Luck!
    Signature

    A Premier and Unique Dating Experience | NosyDating.Com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7358527].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author RFrancis
      Originally Posted by franktwin View Post

      Fix the header, footer, logo and remove the ads on top.. charge a "membership" fee instead of charge per gig... and you might do well.. I hear the major complaints on fiverr is that they take 1 dollar for every gig delivered. If you only charge a small membership fee for gig suppliers you might get a band wagon jump... Good Luck!

      ok guys logo and banner update....still trying to improve on the banner.... please let me know what you all thinnk and how i can make it more attractive....the next thing im going to do is to drive more traffic and some SEO and backlinking also with the help and advice of one of our fellow WSO goru members, im thinking of offering NO FEE on Gigs to the first 50 WSO members for $1/m thats $12/y for 3 years. Still discussing it ...any input by members will be considered...thanks all
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7366219].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RFrancis
    oh wow franktwin i thought of that..and i think i will do just that..thanks for your impute...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7358539].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nauman K
    Hey Bro,
    I would suggest you to spend some money on SEO and PPC campaign so that you get good trafic.
    Other then site is fine, but I would suggest you to change the design why would you copy fiverr you are his compititor so think and design something different and unique also you need to stand out in crowd so think and tell how and why your marketplace is better then fiverr.
    second thing in design as I am designer your site need an eye catching logo and header.
    so try to spend some bucks over it if you want to stick with current design.
    you need to attract more people to the site so SEO on your site is very important.
    its hard to compete fiverr but not impossible.
    Best Of Luck
    Nauman K
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7358576].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IMDESTROYER
    Banned
    what kind of server language are you using?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7367790].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author RFrancis
      Originally Posted by IMDESTROYER View Post

      what kind of server language are you using?
      im using php
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7368093].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author trimmerman
    Not trying to hassle at all. I'm not fussy about the color. There is no real articles or a place to put them. No forum, Just ads. It's not targeted at anyone except people who have ten dollars. It might work OK as an email but only if that person doesn't get too many like it already.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7367869].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author markmatthews
    looks cool and okay.
    Signature

    Skadoosh!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7368212].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author matrix57
    I think everything is good
    ----
    Kizi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7368343].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author freewebz01
    site is ok. good luck with it
    Signature
    CLICK HERE --> 10 KEYWORDS ON PAGE #1 FOR ONLY $47 <---CLICK HERE
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7371668].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Aweinerws
    I went through your website. Like others, even I think that the banner should be more eye catching. I somehow looks quite dull to me.

    Another point which came across my mind is you allow people to login only through one social media site (Facebook). I think it will be for your own benefit if you allow people to login using other social media sites, as well, like Twitter and LinkedIn. That will allow more people to visit your site.

    In order to promote your website effectively, you may start your very own social media marketing. This will make others know of your site and also help you divert more online traffic to your website.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7372270].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author RFrancis
      Originally Posted by Aweinerws View Post

      I went through your website. Like others, even I think that the banner should be more eye catching. I somehow looks quite dull to me.

      Another point which came across my mind is you allow people to login only through one social media site (Facebook). I think it will be for your own benefit if you allow people to login using other social media sites, as well, like Twitter and LinkedIn. That will allow more people to visit your site.

      In order to promote your website effectively, you may start your very own social media marketing. This will make others know of your site and also help you divert more online traffic to your website.
      Thank u for your advice
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7372286].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kazim
    Your site is very informative.
    Basically I like your background and logo.
    Overall great.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7385513].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author RFrancis
      Originally Posted by kazim View Post

      Your site is very informative.
      Basically I like your background and logo.
      Overall great.
      thank you
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7401336].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nawshale
    Hi, your website looks fine. I actually like it however I think there's still missing though.

    By the way, have you considered putting a video, etc? something that can catch more attention?

    also, I noticed some words repeated while browsing some pages.
    there's actually a lot there,here's an example

    " I will I will upload your song audio or video and promote it to our list of Record Labels, Recording Artists and Music Publishers for for $10

    however with regard to improving traffic on the site, I think I know who can help you with that. I know some experts. I can refer you to them if you're interested.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7401922].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author RFrancis
      Originally Posted by kazim View Post

      Your site is very informative.
      Basically I like your background and logo.
      Overall great.
      Originally Posted by nawshale View Post

      Hi, your website looks fine. I actually like it however I think there's still missing though.

      By the way, have you considered putting a video, etc? something that can catch more attention?

      also, I noticed some words repeated while browsing some pages.
      there's actually a lot there,here's an example

      " I will I will upload your song audio or video and promote it to our list of Record Labels, Recording Artists and Music Publishers for for $10

      however with regard to improving traffic on the site, I think I know who can help you with that. I know some experts. I can refer you to them if you're interested.


      thanks you very much for your input ..am interested and any help to better the website...please let me know
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7402577].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RFrancis
    been working on the website to improve on its look
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7408196].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Virtualghost
    As I told you in pm like the idea of membership and find would be good for local job site and if you ever want to sell a script I'd buy it.I do however think the membership button should be bolder and at the top of site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7410970].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author RFrancis
      Originally Posted by Virtualghost View Post

      As I told you in pm like the idea of membership and find would be good for local job site and if you ever want to sell a script I'd buy it.I do however think the membership button should be bolder and at the top of site.

      it is at the top left
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7411004].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author leemoran
    what script did you use?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7411025].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Virtualghost
    I see your logo and when I click takes to site again.I do see words that say "membership" bottom right that is one I mean are you referring to join button?But as stated in pm your monthly/yearly fees are too low,but just my opinion.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7411570].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author qualityin
    Originally Posted by RFrancis View Post

    Hello members I just launched a new >WEBSITE < I need honest opinion on it. I was told by a member that this kind of site wont make money. but then I realized that there are over 50 sites like it. the domain is over a year old but the site was completed 2 weeks ago.. I bought so many wso ..no luck..and then it gets ....frustrating ...maybe with your help I can make the right moves on my site. Any opinion on how I can improve it or to drive traffic to it would be helpful. If this dont work I think I will quit internet marketiing.
    Thanks for your time.
    The site looks good. I would like to advice one thing. Please redesign your logo. and the color should be the same as the website color
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7411919].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author wiredtolive
      Unfortunately, as others have mentioned. Your site resembles fiverr too much. Your email on the contact page is still wrong - Admin@jonsfor10dollars - should be admin@jobsfor10dollars.com right?

      There are things you can do to change up the design without having to iframe it into a wp theme. Making the colors more balanced for one, and it seems myself and others are still not really liking your logo much. You can also widen the site a bit. As, you make changes to the site I would do some of the things that others suggested like with the membership fee compared to fiverr's and draw more signups and grow the gigs being listed. I know you have mentioned you have had a few sales and I do hope that continues for you. I know it's frustrating when you are working so hard and doing your best to get it off the ground.

      Hope I have helped and Good Luck with the site!!
      Signature
      Other people's wills are as independent of mine as their breath and bodies.
      We may exist for the sake of one another, but our will rules its own domain.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7412005].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author RFrancis
        Originally Posted by wiredtolive View Post

        Unfortunately, as others have mentioned. Your site resembles fiverr too much. Your email on the contact page is still wrong - Admin@jonsfor10dollars - should be admin@jobsfor10dollars.com right?

        There are things you can do to change up the design without having to iframe it into a wp theme. Making the colors more balanced for one, and it seems myself and others are still not really liking your logo much. You can also widen the site a bit. As, you make changes to the site I would do some of the things that others suggested like with the membership fee compared to fiverr's and draw more signups and grow the gigs being listed. I know you have mentioned you have had a few sales and I do hope that continues for you. I know it's frustrating when you are working so hard and doing your best to get it off the ground.

        Hope I have helped and Good Luck with the site!!


        thank you ...about the contact i dont see Admin@jonsfor10dollars....i made the correction a while ago ...please point me the link..also i made some changes let me know what you think
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7416658].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author wiredtolive
          Originally Posted by RFrancis View Post

          thank you ...about the contact i dont see Admin@jonsfor10dollars....i made the correction a while ago ...please point me the link..also i made some changes let me know what you think

          Hi RFrancis, when you put your mouse over the email address on the contact us page the mailto:Admin@jonsfor10dollars...is wrong, needs the .com on the end and jons should be jobs for it to work properly. And I would also, not capitalize the admin.

          It's looking nice, but I'm sorry the logo for me is hard to see, looks blurry. Maybe, just do a cool font type of logo. Try going to Cool Text: Logo and Graphics Generator and creating one, they allow you to save as a transparent png so you can place it any where on your site.

          Good luck with the site!! I can see you are really putting some effort into it.
          Signature
          Other people's wills are as independent of mine as their breath and bodies.
          We may exist for the sake of one another, but our will rules its own domain.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7433336].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author RFrancis
            Originally Posted by wiredtolive View Post

            Hi RFrancis, when you put your mouse over the email address on the contact us page the mailto:Admin@jonsfor10dollars...is wrong, needs the .com on the end and jons should be jobs for it to work properly. And I would also, not capitalize the admin.

            It's looking nice, but I'm sorry the logo for me is hard to see, looks blurry. Maybe, just do a cool font type of logo. Try going to Cool Text: Logo and Graphics Generator and creating one, they allow you to save as a transparent png so you can place it any where on your site.

            Good luck with the site!! I can see you are really putting some effort into it.
            thank you


            hey ive been looking for that email problem youve been mentioning...i only got a comtact us link at the bottom of page but when mouse roll over the email is correct....may be you need to clear your catche or cookies...i just cant find the issue


            im working on the logo ...thanks alot for your input
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7434775].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DonDraper
    A forum would be welcomed so folks can share their experience on this site. I think that might help you get more visitors too. A blog might be good as well since there's little content.

    Other than that it looks good so far.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7426683].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author RFrancis
      should the blog be separate or on the website itself
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7430859].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pratima
    Originally Posted by RFrancis View Post

    Hello members I just launched a new >WEBSITE < I need honest opinion on it. I was told by a member that this kind of site wont make money. but then I realized that there are over 50 sites like it. the domain is over a year old but the site was completed 2 weeks ago.. I bought so many wso ..no luck..and then it gets ....frustrating ...maybe with your help I can make the right moves on my site. Any opinion on how I can improve it or to drive traffic to it would be helpful. If this dont work I think I will quit internet marketiing.
    Thanks for your time.
    Hello,

    This website is ok. You have to create your blog and promote in social networking website.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7426770].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sketteksalfa
    More work on the graphics, and make it cleaner.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7430981].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hotlinks
    you need more Traffic and GPR(Google Page Rank) for Customer confidence
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7431396].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Facebookcash
    If you want a Professional Looking website you can get one FREE at ecreditmerchant.com. No Purchase is needed. It's for a limited time only.
    Signature

    Please do not use affiliate templates in signatures

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7433708].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author freewebz01
    it looks ok. good luck with it
    Signature
    CLICK HERE --> 10 KEYWORDS ON PAGE #1 FOR ONLY $47 <---CLICK HERE
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7434942].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author spamcat
    Your site looks quite a bit like fivrr and tenrr, but it is OK. I agree with everyone about your banner/logo. It should stand out more and be bigger. It is a little hard to read. Maybe a different color?

    Good luck!
    Signature

    I love SPAM... it's delicious!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7435080].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kumarvijay
    Site is good only work to do is on seo, on page and off as well it will surely help you in getting some revenue from your site, hire a seo company or if you have a knowledge about seo start working on it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7436286].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Designlove
    center your website, also, dont understand the date/calendar thing on the side along with the frame around the entire site. start with that...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7437374].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RFrancis
    Hey guys I made some changes to the website I must be on the right track, with members help. Im on it day and nite trying to improve it. please let me know if there anything missing...I thank you all for you generosity.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7498329].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kostenlose
    Are you stuffing it with ads now or are these real people willing to do a job? If they are legit people then you need to somehow get buyers who need what you offer. That's the trick.
    Signature

    Get your Domains cheaper than NameCheap, Enom, Register and Network Solutions. .COM Domains are only $8.99 at TheCheapster.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7499634].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author RFrancis
      Im not stuffing it..these are real users willing to do jobs..ive been spending time on bringing buyers.(twitter & facebook) . any ideas?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7500454].message }}

Trending Topics