I am sure most of you who have Wordpress sites have heard of the recent DDoS attacks to Wordpress sites worldwide.
Due to such attacks maybe a lot of people might even have trouble logging in. I know I had trouble because my Hosting service had blocked anyone from logging in to wordpress - even the genuine user(s) !
So I came up with a temporary 'quick fix', it will not solve all your security issues as such but it would certainly help you temporarily bypass the blocked login page and help you login immediately to your wordpress site!
Here's the quickfix:
1) Goto the directory where wordpress is installed and download the wp-login.php file to your computer.
2) Rename the file to wp-confusingname.php or choose any confusing name .php .. (So that no random person finds your login page unnecessarily) ... In this example lets say we name it 'wp-confusingname.php' ...
3) Open the file with notepad or wordpad and use the find and replace option to find the keyword 'wp-login.php' and replace it with 'wp-confusingname.php' (replace it with the confusing name that you chose).
4) After replacing all instances of wp-login.php in the file with the above, save the file and upload it (via ftp) back to the main wordpress directory.
5) to login simply goto the address of this new php file that you uploaded and enter your username and password to login.
When you wish to logout:
(You can make changes to the other php files that run the admin dashboard, but since this is a temporary solution, you can use the method below)
Instead of the usual way to go and click logout , you could right click and copy the logout link address and Paste the address on the browser. After pasting, replace the instance of 'wp-login.php' with 'wp-confusingname.php' (or whatever the confusing name that you chose) and hit the enter key to logout.
When your hosting provider resumes access to let you login normally - simply delete this new php file that you created and resume the previous way you used to login.