Please review my website design

21 replies
  • WEB DESIGN
  • |
CaffeineCamel | Crazy Camel With Serious Caffeine Info

What looks good/bad?

Thanks in advance
#design #review #website
  • Profile picture of the author yestyle
    Banned
    Look good, Only suggest you should design a bit for header and need a better footer. Overall is clean and professional.!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8375699].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jakeeck
      Originally Posted by yestyle View Post

      Look good, Only suggest you should design a bit for header and need a better footer. Overall is clean and professional.!!
      I agree, any suggestions for the header? I've played around with it and can't find something I think looks really good. I think the text in the top right looks kind of tacky, but looks worse with nothing there.

      As for the footer I plan on putting links and such down there once the site gets going.

      Thanks!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8375713].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Edge360
    To me this just looks like another wordpress site that has got some premium theme and then you have added some content and a logo. You should work on the image dimensions that are to the left of the featured posts. They seem to be squashed and or stretched.

    Consider some aggregation and minification of your site, a caching tool will help you out in this area.

    Try make your newsletter area more appealing, right now I don't want to sign up to something that only has an email address field with a default styled button, I want to see some production value...

    You've gone in the right direction in terms of creating a nice modern website that has fresh content, it appears you have a good grasp of involving social media, so no problems there. I feel like it is missing something though.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8375762].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jakeeck
      Originally Posted by Edge360 View Post

      To me this just looks like another wordpress site that has got some premium theme and then you have added some content and a logo. You should work on the image dimensions that are to the left of the featured posts. They seem to be squashed and or stretched.

      Consider some aggregation and minification of your site, a caching tool will help you out in this area.

      Try make your newsletter area more appealing, right now I don't want to sign up to something that only has an email address field with a default styled button, I want to see some production value...

      You've gone in the right direction in terms of creating a nice modern website that has fresh content, it appears you have a good grasp of involving social media, so no problems there. I feel like it is missing something though.
      Thank you Very helpful
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8375798].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aadi1295
    Banned
    for wordpress type and with responsive template. its good site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8375963].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author durandalblue
    The top right corner where it says your source for anything caffeine related the word 'related gets partially cut off.

    In the footer the facebook icon also gets cut off. Since you already have social icons in the top right and left side maybe you can remove the icons from the footer altogether?

    Good information and content
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8377372].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jakeeck
      Originally Posted by durandalblue View Post

      The top right corner where it says your source for anything caffeine related the word 'related gets partially cut off.

      In the footer the facebook icon also gets cut off. Since you already have social icons in the top right and left side maybe you can remove the icons from the footer altogether?

      Good information and content
      I will fix that, thank you for the feedback!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8377445].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Hollendaze
    Despite using a responsive theme, it seems that the mobile version is turned on in Wordpress which is overriding your theme on my iPhone. The result is a blank page with no content: Screengrab

    Attempting to exit the mobile version with the "classic" button on bottom redirects me to the Godaddy parking page for bucketbreaks.com... um... screengrab
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8377715].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jakeeck
      Thank you Hollendaze. Ok I fixed the mobile version, let me know if it doesn't work for anyone. Is there a way to take off the classic view? It looks awful with my site.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8378090].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pewpewpewmonkeys
    I feel like it is missing something though
    1. Content organization. Is there any? You don't have a ton of content now, but will you in the future? Will it be organized?
    2. The front page has 3 areas for content - the slider, "new articles" and "featured." But it's all the same articles.
    3. The bottom of the home page has no link or arrow or anything that suggests the viewer can continue on to more/other information.
    4. The sidebar is used only for "popular" or "new" posts and 1 single advertisement. It feels rather empty, and if that's all the ads you're going to place in, you could ad the single 300x250 directly into your content space.
    5. Personally, I find the banner ad at the very top rather annoying. It's like I have to avert my eyes down to the "real" website.
    Signature
    Some cause-oriented hackers recently hacked one of my websites. So I researched what they're about and then donated a large sum of money to the entity they hate the most.

    The next time they hack one of my websites I'm going to donate DOUBLE.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8378410].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jakeeck
      Originally Posted by pewpewpewmonkeys View Post

      1. Content organization. Is there any? You don't have a ton of content now, but will you in the future? Will it be organized?
      2. The front page has 3 areas for content - the slider, "new articles" and "featured." But it's all the same articles.
      3. The bottom of the home page has no link or arrow or anything that suggests the viewer can continue on to more/other information.
      4. The sidebar is used only for "popular" or "new" posts and 1 single advertisement. It feels rather empty, and if that's all the ads you're going to place in, you could ad the single 300x250 directly into your content space.
      5. Personally, I find the banner ad at the very top rather annoying. It's like I have to avert my eyes down to the "real" website.
      Thank you. There will be better organization once I make more articles and get any amount of traffic. I don't plan on starting to market and bring traffic to my site until a later date.

      The 3 areas for content will have different articles for each one, with some overlap, not all of them will be the same like it is now.

      I'll use your suggestions about my ads and empty sidebar and change some stuff around.

      Thank you for taking the time to check it out, shoot me a pm if you need something in return.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8378424].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jones115
    Banned
    Looks nice but a bit overloaded with details. If I were you I would simplified this site to make it more speedy and minimalistic. Also I would shorten it vertically. Too much empty space imho.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8378443].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jakeeck
      Originally Posted by jones115 View Post

      Looks nice but a bit overloaded with details. If I were you I would simplified this site to make it more speedy and minimalistic. Also I would shorten it vertically. Too much empty space imho.
      What do you mean by details?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8378449].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jeffresnich
    Hi Jakeeck,

    The wordpress theme is simple yet clean and professional-looking. I can see that you already have good content out there, good start!

    However, I have to agree with the above posts, you may want to improve your footer and banner area, where you can put enough helpful links to give "direction" to your readers. Also, I find it a little bit awkward when using different font style in your page Main Menu has way different font style compared to the font styles under New Articles area. When opening the main page of your site, compared it to subpages of your site, say the "Caffeine content chart" Page, the font size on Popular Post area changes which affect the overall appearance of the site. Additionally, you may add other important widgets/gadgets in your theme. :rolleyes:

    Keep up!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8379056].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author x64
    A simple & Good Looking worpdress design.. The featured Post Slider is Awesome .
    Signature

    Do u want the EASIEST Way to Make $800 to $3000+ a Month in Income
    100% INSTANT PAYMENT PAID DIRECTLY INTO YOUR PAYPAL
    No Selling - Not an MLM - Start TODAY ! CLICK HERE

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8379161].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hotlinks
    look very good. but I would recommend a little more work for header and footer
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8379384].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jakeeck
      Thanks a lot for feedback guys. I'll fix it up according to your suggestions today!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8380029].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author carleywatson
    Good looking.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8391515].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MarkKapoor
    According to me it is looking very good.
    Signature

    Your Online Phote Repair Shop where all the restoration and repairing task is done at cheap rate.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8391691].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kmanbloquet
    It looks good, I like the scrolling image and the list of content below it. The Caffeine content chart is smart. I would invest more time and money in making it look aesthetically pleasing. Right now it looks like an excel spreadsheet(ugly) It has all the right functionality but it does not look good.
    Signature
    Livinsport is a social networking site for athletes,coaches scouts and even fans to interact and connect. Make an account for Free today!!

    CrowdSparked
    is a crowd-funding platform for students looking to raise money to further their education. Sign-up for our Beta Trial Today!!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8393134].message }}

Trending Topics