Ok Design is Done! LOOK please review.

21 replies
  • WEB DESIGN
  • |
Hey guys I just finished my sites design. Now i'm going to flood it with content. Please tell me what you think.
#design #review
  • Profile picture of the author coffeeguy
    Where's all of the critics at lol
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8821711].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author shahriyar
      Forums & Blog are both nice. Nice, Layout, nice design, nice background.

      Store is fine, nice ajax buttons. But I cannot seem to find out how the compare button works. Also, you can use rounded-corner images to match more closely with your design.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8821813].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author coffeeguy
        Originally Posted by shahriyar View Post

        Forums & Blog are both nice. Nice, Layout, nice design, nice background.

        Store is fine, nice ajax buttons. But I cannot seem to find out how the compare button works. Also, you can use rounded-corner images to match more closely with your design.
        Hey Shahriya, The store is still being configured. It will be up on the first. But the design template is done. I did all custom code and images, on gantry framework.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8822047].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author shahriyar
          Originally Posted by coffeeguy View Post

          Hey Shahriyar, The store is still being configured. It will be up on the first. But the design template is done. I did all custom code and images, on gantry framework.
          I see, then everything should be fine once you complete it. Ajax cart should increase conversion, thats a good plus. Make the other buttons ajax as well (Compare, Wishlist), that will add value to user friendliness of the site.

          You have done very well with the site.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8826930].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author coffeeguy
            Yes, I have related items. The compare function won't serve a purpose since it's tshirts. But yes, I"m doing what I can to make the shopping page appealing.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8829522].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Gary77
    Looks great to me. Not being picky and I'm not sure if its just me but the fav icon doesn't really match the website colors or branding? Collapse button "-" is a little bit too much greyed out when the content box is expanded (so you can't really see it). No big deal though.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8822110].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author coffeeguy
      Originally Posted by Gary77 View Post

      Looks great to me. Not being picky and I'm not sure if its just me but the fav icon doesn't really match the website colors or branding? Collapse button "-" is a little bit too much greyed out when the content box is expanded (so you can't really see it). No big deal though.
      Hey Gary, the fav icon just represents the colors of mickey. Just a hidden image to show relevance of the site. I think i'm going to just remove the collapse button altogether to lol. I'm not sure that people will actually be bothered by the expanded view. It just seems weird to collapse it. but yes, the favicon is just to show concept.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8822114].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
    Banned
    I got this

    Not Acceptable

    An appropriate representation of the requested resource / could not be found on this server.

    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8822170].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author coffeeguy
      Originally Posted by sbucciarel View Post

      I got this

      Not Acceptable

      An appropriate representation of the requested resource / could not be found on this server.

      Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
      did you get this when accessing the root site, sbucciarel? I was editing menu links last night as I was doing my sitemap. Let me know where that occured. Thanks!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8822772].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bobson8788
    Looks fine, you did a great job on it.
    Signature

    Learn all about starting an online business here: The Online Business Post
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8822204].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ian Ralphs
    Site looks fine - only thing that is off-putting from a credibility perspective is the number of blank post threads.....personally, I would be tempted to trim the number of threads down, and have fewer with more posts, and just build out as the site develops.

    I like the look of the blog section - and for us non-US residents, some high quality content on getting there, what to expect, costs, attractions, surrounding areas etc, plus any downloadable guides etc would all be really helpful and appreciated :-)

    best of luck with the launch!!

    Ian
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8822279].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author coffeeguy
      Originally Posted by Ian Ralphs View Post

      Site looks fine - only thing that is off-putting from a credibility perspective is the number of blank post threads.....personally, I would be tempted to trim the number of threads down, and have fewer with more posts, and just build out as the site develops.

      I like the look of the blog section - and for us non-US residents, some high quality content on getting there, what to expect, costs, attractions, surrounding areas etc, plus any downloadable guides etc would all be really helpful and appreciated :-)

      best of luck with the launch!!

      Ian
      Hey Ian Thanks for your input. I have tried to hit the main points that users seek when traveling to Disney. People are enthusiast with Disney in many area. To be honest I thought I trimmed tons off of what could be on there lol. As far as the empty categories topics go, I am going o press to have users start posting. Glad you guys like the design!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8822770].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Ian Ralphs
        Originally Posted by coffeeguy View Post

        Hey Ian Thanks for your input. I have tried to hit the main points that users seek when traveling to Disney. People are enthusiast with Disney in many area. To be honest I thought I trimmed tons off of what could be on there lol. As far as the empty categories topics go, I am going o press to have users start posting. Glad you guys like the design!
        Best of luck with it all :-)
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8822794].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author coffeeguy
          Originally Posted by Ian Ralphs View Post

          Best of luck with it all :-)
          Thanks Ian. Check back next month. It'll be completely finished, Maybe I'll find a way to trim it too lol. Take care.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8822876].message }}
  • Overall I love the site- it is simple and easy to navigate. I also agree that the favicon looks a little bit off for a Disney community site. I would suggest you tweak your favicon a bit to really capture the site's theme. Also, you may want to get a good header to add to your site. The site looks clean and nice already but it is too 'empty" and needs more 'boost' in terms of design. There are a lot of space on the footer section. You need to make a few adjustment on this if you are not going to add content in this part. Other than that, your site looks great
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8824037].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author coffeeguy
      Originally Posted by affilorama-portal View Post

      Overall I love the site- it is simple and easy to navigate. I also agree that the favicon looks a little bit off for a Disney community site. I would suggest you tweak your favicon a bit to really capture the site's theme. Also, you may want to get a good header to add to your site. The site looks clean and nice already but it is too 'empty" and needs more 'boost' in terms of design. There are a lot of space on the footer section. You need to make a few adjustment on this if you are not going to add content in this part. Other than that, your site looks great
      Ok i'm designing a new favicon now! lol. You guys convinced me. I'm am going to ghost in some disney inspiration in the footer as well. But nothing too crazy. The mid section of the header will be used for a Disney sponsor/banner.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8824058].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8824867].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author coffeeguy
      Originally Posted by shahidali788 View Post

      Looks fine, you did a great job on it.
      Thanks! You guys are reassuring for sure!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8826686].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author zigistar
    Hi...

    Nice Layout!
    It looks really great
    But, I would have changed the LOGO (It can be better)

    Good Luck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8829583].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author coffeeguy
      Originally Posted by zigistar View Post

      Hi...

      Nice Layout!
      It looks really great
      But, I would have changed the LOGO (It can be better)

      Good Luck!
      Thanks Zigstar. I designed a few logos for it. I Took a poll and they all voted on that one. Art is in the eye of the beholder lol. Thanks for the the review! I'm glad you liked the rest of the site!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8830377].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author coffeeguy
        Just launched over 200 members and 400 on the fan page. Pretty awesome start lol.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8841829].message }}

Trending Topics