i'm shocked by plenty of fish!!!

by 74 comments
i submitted my first ad on plenty of fish yesterday it was a dating offer and after 24 hours my ads status went from pending approval to needs creatives i made some changes and ran it again same thing has happened again i changed that offer with another dating offer..within a minute after submitting the ad the ads status went from pending to running and within a minute i had 46617 imps and 24 clicks with zero conversion and burned $ 25 just like that does this usually happens or there is something went wrong with my ad? i still believe that my ad didn't run long enough to have that much impressions.
what are your thoughts guys on this?
#ad networks #fish #plenty #shocked
  • Profile picture of the author mrfinnj
    people live on that site!
  • Profile picture of the author thair
    mr finnj i know people live on that site that is why i'm advertising on it but what are you trying to say?
    • Profile picture of the author speedylikesKJ
      well IMO reason was high bid , And To be honest i like to burn my testing budget as fast as i can so i can have initial data .... In your case i guess your creatives were not attractive enough to get good number of clicks ?
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
    Sounds like you had a high bid and very little targeting, maybe try to tighten your targeting
    • Profile picture of the author thair
      Originally Posted by ChrisBa View Post

      Sounds like you had a high bid and very little targeting, maybe try to tighten your targeting
      crisba the suggested bid was .40 to .80 and i chose 50 was that a bad decision? how much bid do you usually start with? plus my targeting was way higher than usually i targeted 3 countries at the same time lol silly me .but is okay i have learnt a good lesson and gain confidence along the way.
    • Profile picture of the author chmae73
      Originally Posted by ChrisBa View Post

      Sounds like you had a high bid and very little targeting, maybe try to tighten your targeting
      I guess you are right brother
  • Profile picture of the author agha
    seems you have bad ctr. try to review your landing page and targeted keyword.
  • Profile picture of the author Quickhelper
    Does PoF only offer PPV? Or do they also have a PPC model? Also, is there a minimum deposit/budget I must invest to try with them? Thanks guys.
    • Profile picture of the author RobertoM
      Originally Posted by Quickhelper View Post

      Does PoF only offer PPV? Or do they also have a PPC model? Also, is there a minimum deposit/budget I must invest to try with them? Thanks guys.
      The last time I visited PoF they requested a $1,000 upfront deposit so I ran away. Don't know if this changed.

      My question for this Forum is: did somebody made a good ROI in PoF?
      If so, can you roughly inform the figures?
    • Profile picture of the author Ashwin83
      Originally Posted by Quickhelper View Post

      Does PoF only offer PPV? Or do they also have a PPC model? Also, is there a minimum deposit/budget I must invest to try with them? Thanks guys.
      Does anyone know if there is a minimum?
  • Profile picture of the author wackiin
    cheaper ways to use PoF lol good luck with the ppc
  • Profile picture of the author Trevor
    You must have set your ad for instant distribution. Had you set it to "evenly", it wouldn't have happened.
    • Profile picture of the author thair
      Originally Posted by Trevor View Post

      You must have set your ad for instant distribution. Had you set it to "evenly", it wouldn't have happened.
      no trevor i set for distribute evenly. the problem was i targeted to large audience.
  • Profile picture of the author coronaborcalis
    My suggestion is rise your bid at your next testing, I find better CTR with bidding higher but again if your ad copy not perform well then you will burn money faster
    • Profile picture of the author thair
      Originally Posted by coronaborcalis View Post

      My suggestion is rise your bid at your next testing, I find better CTR with bidding higher but again if your ad copy not perform well then you will burn money faster
      my bid was .50 ten cents more than the suggested bid are you saying i should rise more? plus pof is very much restrictive than i expected they don't approve ads with revealing pictures they give way too much lame excuses to reject your ad sometimes they go like "your ad text is sexual and 100% percent free" has this ever happened to one of your ads? and what kind of images do you use for your ad?
  • Profile picture of the author Nubitol
    I'm not an expert in POF but do have some experience. My guess is you have too broad target audience and too high bid. Why don't you try lowering your bid? The last time I placed a bid there, I set it at $0.20 with very narrow target (country, gender, age, marital status, number of login, etc).

    From my understanding, as you request more targeted audience, you would pay higher bid. Oh, and my above bid give me 6-10 clicks for only $1.5 though my creatives (yes, it's plural) are quite plain.


    Originally Posted by thair View Post

    i submitted my first ad on plenty of fish yesterday it was a dating offer and after 24 hours my ads status went from pending approval to needs creatives i made some changes and ran it again same thing has happened again i changed that offer with another dating offer..within a minute after submitting the ad the ads status went from pending to running and within a minute i had 46617 imps and 24 clicks with zero conversion and burned $ 25 just like that does this usually happens or there is something went wrong with my ad? i still believe that my ad didn't run long enough to have that much impressions.
    what are your thoughts guys on this?
    • Profile picture of the author RobertoM
      Originally Posted by Nubitol View Post

      I'm not an expert in POF but do have some experience. My guess is you have too broad target audience and too high bid. Why don't you try lowering your bid? The last time I placed a bid there, I set it at $0.20 with very narrow target (country, gender, age, marital status, number of login, etc).

      From my understanding, as you request more targeted audience, you would pay higher bid. Oh, and my above bid give me 6-10 clicks for only $1.5 though my creatives (yes, it's plural) are quite plain.
      Hi Nubitol, I guess that by now you got some more clicks over there.
      Are you promoting more than one product in PoF?
      Did you reach some sales conversions so far?
      Thank you
  • Profile picture of the author NewAge29
    @Thair - What kind of offers are you promoting?
    • Profile picture of the author thair
      Originally Posted by NewAge29 View Post

      @Thair - What kind of offers are you promoting?
      dating offers
  • Profile picture of the author aminur
    dont worry it happens when it get things going for the first time. if you bid high and also go braod, you will burn budget lot quicker. you need to target your audience properly. Try to digg in as much as possible. Start bidding low, if no impression then slowly increase your bid,

    Try multiple creatives with images, adcopy and description. kills those ads quickly which get no to less clicks. give them few thousand impression if not no good then its time to kill.
    • Profile picture of the author thair
      Originally Posted by aminur View Post

      dont worry it happens when it get things going for the first time. if you bid high and also go braod, you will burn budget lot quicker. you need to target your audience properly. Try to digg in as much as possible. Start bidding low, if no impression then slowly increase your bid,

      Try multiple creatives with images, adcopy and description. kills those ads quickly which get no to less clicks. give them few thousand impression if not no good then its time to kill.
      thanks aminur biding high and targeting much higher audience was the mistake i made luckily i didn't pay too much price for it $25 is nothing compared to what i have learned.
  • Profile picture of the author badboy_Nick
    Erhm ... this is how advertising works. You try a traffic source, blow some money, see if it converts. If not, you can either tweak and see if things improve (on your website or on your PPC campaign) ... or go to another traffic source alltogether. But $25 is nothing, try going through $1-2k a DAY via PPC, then we're talking serious money

    Any questions just let me know,
    Nick
    • Profile picture of the author RobertoM
      Originally Posted by badboy_Nick View Post

      Erhm ... this is how advertising works. You try a traffic source, blow some money, see if it converts. If not, you can either tweak and see if things improve (on your website or on your PPC campaign) ... or go to another traffic source alltogether. But $25 is nothing, try going through $1-2k a DAY via PPC, then we're talking serious money

      Any questions just let me know,
      Nick
      Hey Nick, you mean budgeting $1.000/$2,000 a day just for testing your ads?
      Obvioulsy it may work better but you must have very deep pockets man
      What if you go with $1K and for whatever reason you fail? You'll surely stop that campaign but the $1k blew away.
      I think that getting some 300/400 clicks on ad and a std conversion rate with $50 in a good network it can be enough to roughly estimate the ROI of the campaign. If you fail, then you can either make some changes to your ad and/or LP and repeat with similar budget or switch to another network (not G. Adwords I would say).
    • Profile picture of the author BILLSBILLION
      Originally Posted by badboy_Nick View Post

      Erhm ... this is how advertising works. You try a traffic source, blow some money, see if it converts. If not, you can either tweak and see if things improve (on your website or on your PPC campaign) ... or go to another traffic source alltogether. But $25 is nothing, try going through $1-2k a DAY via PPC, then we're talking serious money

      Any questions just let me know,
      Nick
      Time to change your style,,,,,,,,
    • Profile picture of the author thair
      Originally Posted by badboy_Nick View Post

      Erhm ... this is how advertising works. You try a traffic source, blow some money, see if it converts. If not, you can either tweak and see if things improve (on your website or on your PPC campaign) ... or go to another traffic source alltogether. But $25 is nothing, try going through $1-2k a DAY via PPC, then we're talking serious money

      Any questions just let me know,
      Nick
      $1-2k for testing alone? man, you must have rockets of money in your pocket.
  • Profile picture of the author DNAWRealm
    Use more targeting. You need to specifically target a smaller audience.
  • Profile picture of the author wAvision
    What CTR % do you desire in order to keep an ad running? What CPC do you like for POF?

    how many impressions before you kill an ad?
    • Profile picture of the author thair
      Originally Posted by wAvision View Post

      What CTR % do you desire in order to keep an ad running? What CPC do you like for POF?

      how many impressions before you kill an ad?
      0.15%CTR and above. i use cpm .and as for the impressions i kill the offer if it gets 3k impressions without a click.
  • Profile picture of the author wrs6
    You need to specifically target
    you can google : Plenty of Fish Advertising Platforms VIDEO Case Study- NOOB friendly
    • Profile picture of the author thair
      Originally Posted by wrs6 View Post

      You need to specifically target
      you can google : Plenty of Fish Advertising Platforms VIDEO Case Study- NOOB friendly
      thanks buddy am definitely going to check that out.
  • Profile picture of the author clgo
    If I remember correctly, POF has a minimum of $25 or possibly $50 dollars.

    Is your offer that broad? I mean, is it for use in 30 countries like you listed? Try to limit your target, by age, sex, status (single), and maybe try one country? USA?
    • Profile picture of the author thair
      Originally Posted by clgo View Post

      If I remember correctly, POF has a minimum of $25 or possibly $50 dollars.

      Is your offer that broad? I mean, is it for use in 30 countries like you listed? Try to limit your target, by age, sex, status (single), and maybe try one country? USA?
      yes the minimum deposit is still $25. you right i barely targeted more than 3 countries in that offer and the amount of impressions it received in matter of seconds was like i targeted the whole world i didn't know pof had such a huge members which is a good thing for me because i realized the half of the entire world of daters live in that site and if i target small piece of them rather than all of them i will have my hands full of money in no time
  • Profile picture of the author Greedy
    Get an account on Plenty of Fish and look at other people's ads see what they are doing. Come up with ways to make things better.

    Nothing is going to convert on your first try. Keep testing.

    1. Find a good offer.
    2. Build a good landing page.
    3. Find a good image for the ad.
    4. Test the hell out of it.

    Check out my free guide...

    How I Made $1,000 off Plenty of Fish | GreedReports
  • Profile picture of the author thekencook
    Thanks for all the chatter on this. I think we all make mistakes with new services when we use them the first time. OP is right though - his $25 education is invaluable in the long run and now that he has shared his experience we've learned on his dime too. Question, though, with 24 clicks and 0 conversions were you linking directly to a sale page or did you at least collect their contact information for dripping through your system?
    • Profile picture of the author thair
      Originally Posted by thekencook View Post

      Thanks for all the chatter on this. I think we all make mistakes with new services when we use them the first time. OP is right though - his $25 education is invaluable in the long run and now that he has shared his experience we've learned on his dime too. Question, though, with 24 clicks and 0 conversions were you linking directly to a sale page or did you at least collect their contact information for dripping through your system?
      yes i linked directly to the offer page and i think this is the main reason they didn't sign up most of the dating sites have long form to fill and people don't like that .
  • Profile picture of the author Jetmir
    Welcome to the ocean, my dear. If you got a little boat and even worse, little knowledge about this industry, you'll fall easily. However, if you got a big ship, there are big chances you're gonna make it.

    Get it?
  • Profile picture of the author Danny Shaw
    Try being super targeted in your ad copy also. ie:

    {gender:default}
    {age:default}
    {state:default}

    By using these tags you can include the user’s gender, age, or the state they live in on your ad title or description. Here is an example:

    Title: Low Insurance Rates in {state:the US}!
    Description: We have the lowest rates for {gender:people} {age:25+}.

    This was from some dudes blog, but I keep a copy just to remind me.
    • Profile picture of the author MrMillennium
      OK ::Insert Noob Comment now:: I have been trying out the whole POF campain with a Dating CPA. I basically wanted to know how to create more than one account after being banned, without a VPN or Private proxies. Is this possible. Like i said i am total noob so please speak to me like i am 2. I did rather well with the 1 profile i made and got over $240 in earnings so the profile i made and landing page are both great. For a test.
    • Profile picture of the author thair
      Originally Posted by Danny Shaw View Post

      Try being super targeted in your ad copy also. ie:

      {gender:default}
      {age:default}
      {state:default}

      By using these tags you can include the userís gender, age, or the state they live in on your ad title or description. Here is an example:

      Title: Low Insurance Rates in {state:the US}!
      Description: We have the lowest rates for {gender:people} {age:25+}.

      This was from some dudes blog, but I keep a copy just to remind me.
      thanks danny i will definitely use these tags in my next campaign
    • Profile picture of the author cpa9426
      Originally Posted by Danny Shaw View Post

      Try being super targeted in your ad copy also. ie:

      {gender:default}
      {age:default}
      {state:default}

      By using these tags you can include the userís gender, age, or the state they live in on your ad title or description. Here is an example:

      Title: Low Insurance Rates in {state:the US}!
      Description: We have the lowest rates for {gender:people} {age:25+}.

      This was from some dudes blog, but I keep a copy just to remind me.
      Great info Danny!

Next Topics on Trending Feed