How to promote my affiliate links?

25 replies
Hello everybody,

I am new to internet marketing and want to know how to promote the digital marketing products and earn residual commissions. I have no list. Can any one guide me!
#affiliate #links #promote
  • Profile picture of the author IGotMine
    I have no list.
    The first thing you should do is learn about email marketing, how to set up a simple email capture system and follow-up messages.

There are many ways to drive traffic to your links once your system is in place.

This type of system is commonly known as a "sales funnel."
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11331330].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanbiddulph
    Hi Pathy,

Learn your niche inside-out.

Create helpful content through blogging, video marketing and email marketing.

Build bonds with top marketers in your niche.

As folks see you help them generously for free, they gradually click your links and some buy.

The process takes months, then years, to improve your skills so folks trust you and actually buy what you offer affiliate-wise.

Be patient and persistent. You'll succeed.

Ryan
    Signature
    Ryan Biddulph helps you to be a successful blogger with his courses, manuals and blog at Blogging From Paradise
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11331335].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tommen
    Hi! Building an optin list is really the only way you can make money online selling affiliate products. No one buys anything the first time they see an offer, this is why sending people directly to a sales page does not work.

I assume you are promoting Clickbank products. In order to sell these products, you would need 3 things.

1. First, an autoresponder account with an email sequence where you send more useful information automatically over time.

2. An optin page to collect the email addresses.

3. Targeted traffic.

Setting all this up can take some time. However, there are very experienced marketers in WF that know a lot about this procedure.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11331352].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author baronet
      Originally Posted by tommen View Post

Hi! Building an optin list is really the only way you can make money online selling affiliate products. No one buys anything the first time they see an offer, this is why sending people directly to a sales page does not work.

I assume you are promoting Clickbank products. In order to sell these products, you would need 3 things.

1. First, an autoresponder account with an email sequence where you send more useful information automatically over time.

2. An optin page to collect the email addresses.

3. Targeted traffic.

Setting all this up can take some time. However, there are very experienced marketers in WF that know a lot about this procedure.
      Regarding Clickbank products, are some great and others garbage, I just wondered?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11333025].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jackie935
      [DELETED]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11337407].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jackie935
        Originally Posted by Jackie935 View Post

Hi Dear

Where can I find these" Experienced Marketers on WF " to help me set up my Opt in , and Constant Contact and Funnel?

Do you know what there cost is to help me get that achieved?
        also when I do the OPT Page and the Autoresponder ,, would I need to have my WEbsite in place first ??

Or I simply need in place what I promised them I would deliver?

Eg Say a Ebook I promised them .

Then later a Bridge Page

Then later a Offer

So I dont need to have my Website , or Youtube , or Facebook Channel up FIRST?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11337409].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
    This is very vague.
    What niche?
    There are many different ways to promote products. Is paid traffic an option?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11331669].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author pathy52
      Thanks for your reply. To start with I wish to promote Clickbank and JVZoo products. Even I can pay reliable cheap paid traffic to promote the digital products.Can you guide me?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11331742].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Castor Troy1
    There are lots of methods exist which er really helpful for promote links:

-In website you can add hyperlink to your site. so that visitors can get in your link directly.
    -Create an attractive type of banner ad which is really capture visitors mind.
    -Social engagement.
    -Discount offer like 50% less, this will be very much helpful.
    -Review of product in live or in video can be help more
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11331792].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sheeroh
    It's highly recommended that you start your email list. Your email list will be an audience that you OWN, unlike your social media followers, and if you engage them well, by sending them helpful and relevant emails regularly, they will be more likely to buy your products or the products you recommend because they will have come to know, like and trust you. Good thing is that there are so many email marketing services out there. Just do your research and you'll find a good fit.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11332506].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11332608].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randy McLean
    What everyone else said.

The #1 mistake beginners make is sending traffic straight to the offer. Most of it is traffic that will never come back.

Your funnel doesn't need to be complicated in the beginning.

Once you find an offer you can take the headline to put on your squeeze page. Then add a button so they can enter their email.

In your autoresponder you direct them straight to the offer. This is called your thank you URL.

Now what happens is they will see your offer plus you are collecting emails at the same time.

You can then contact them about the same offer, or if that doesn't work, other offers too.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11332731].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author prochaska
    One of the ways you can try to generate traffic to your landing page which has your affiliate link or optin page is by using Pinterest.

Get into some group boards related to your niche that have a high amount of followers, say 5K minimum per board. Then keep pinning pins related to your landing page to those group boards. But don't spam.

With this method though, you need some basic graphic design skills for creating attention-grabbing pins. Also, getting into group boards can be quite difficult.

I have a gardening site and it has been getting a pretty decent amount of traffic from Pinterest. Conversion isn't so good to be honest, and I haven't put an optin box on my landing page.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11332885].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jamel Hassell
    You want residual income you need to build a list and have product that earns you commissions on a monthly basis. What you need to realize is that you are the face of your brand . You also need to add value to discussions related to your niche and solve issues. And yes join in active groups related to your niche and start building relationships and establishing yourself as an authority in your field.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11332888].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author snehil kamal
    Create a Sales funnel and build trust on your customers. Don't try to promote anything directly.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11333611].message }}
  • Most article marketing sites and social bookmarking websites, prohibit you from posting affiliate links on their websites.

You have been told before about creating your lead capture page and building your email list. You can try mailchimp, they offer a free service of capturing email addresses, but you won't be able to send affiliate links to your email list. So upgrade to the paid version from the start.

If you don't have a budget for an auto responder service just yet, then you can create review videos of the affiliate products that you are promoting and link to the affiliate products in your video description. Be sure to offer a unique bonus, for purchasing the products via your affiliate links.

The bonus you are offering your video viewers should only be offered to them once they email you their proof of payments that they have purchased the products via your affiliate links. That is also a nice way of creating a buyers list.

Once you have an auto responder service, and a squeeze page setup, then you can send your buyers list your free offer if they sign up to your email list or newsletter.

You can also create sniper sites. You can do a Google search about "google sniper".

Basically, you will be creating a presell page for a new affiliate product that is about to be launched. You can checkout websites like "JV notify Pro" to see which new products are going to launch in the next coming months. There are usually very low competition to rank #1 in google, or atleast rank on the 1st page of google for those product names.

Remember, that the unique bonuses your are offering could be the difference between the prospects purchasing via your affiliate links, or directly from the product vendors. So always offer awesome bonuses, and you may just end up on the product vendors affiliate leaderboards.They usually offer additional cash prizes to there top affiliates.

Research Search Engine Optimization

That is the skills used to rank #1 in Google's search results, or at least make it to rank on the first page of Google in the top 5 positions..

Promote affiliate products that has monthly residual income payments in their commission structures.

All the best in your affiliate marketing ventures
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11333680].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author atifpasha13
    There are lot of ways to promote the affiliate links, in my opinion creating a website related to your niche and rank it to top and make conversions by organic traffic is the ideal case. Which is also the hardest one. There are many other ways by which you can promote your affiliate links such as.

- A Facebook Page
    - Your Facebook Profile
    - Facebook Groups
    - Google+ Posts
    - Twitter Hashtag Conversations
    - Instagram Photos
    - Pinterest Pins
    - YouTube Videos
    - LinkedIn Posts
    and so on..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11333707].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kevin25phillips
    Is your email list relevant to your niche? If it isn't targeted or familiar with you as a whole, sales won't necessarily come. I recommend starting with some simple Google Adwords or Bing Ads to gain some traffic and see if any of the offers convert from there.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11334104].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shadabdurrani
    Building website around it and pushing videos are the best option.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11334593].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author radu
    Well, welcome to affiliate marketing :-). If you want to have success on the long term start educating yourself and learn as much as you can..it's like when you go into a different area of interest and get a new job. A mentor could speed up the process and some money to invest in your education..Think long term (try to undestand the value of building assets like :email list, blog/aff site, facebook followers, etc)..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11335165].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author radu
    Originally Posted by pathy52 View Post

Hello everybody,

I am new to internet marketing and want to know how to promote the digital marketing products and earn residual commissions. I have no list. Can any one guide me!
    And a couple of more things..Don't just jump on any idea you read here.

If you like a certain idea make a plan, read about the process and what it takes to achieve the desired outcomes and only then make a decision. It's very important to understand what you need and the steps you need to make. Be aware that in affiliate marketing you can get traffic and promote products in many different ways, for example you can use a simple direct funnel like
    • Cold traffic(free traffic) => Offer (we see this on youtube)
    or
    • Targeted traffic (paid traffic)=> Landing page => Offer (this one is popular nowdays with facebook ads, adwords, twitter ads, etc) or
    • Targetted traffic =>Opt-in page (to build your list or to a Cpa offer - with Fb ads, solo ads, etc)

Which one do you choose?..it depends on your goals and budget, those are just some examples, not all the possibilities, but some of the most popular ones..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11335767].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pathy52
    Thanks for the reply.

I have already made a sales funnel with offer and need your specific guidance to promote my link.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11338350].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DIABL0
    Learn to effectively drive traffic to a squeeze page and build an email list. The rest of the sales process you can optimize as you go.

Make sure your niche is monetizable and tack the sources where your subscribers (leads) are coming from and dump the sources that don't produce acceptable ROI.

Of course, it's all easier said than done.
    Signature
    How to Build LARGE EMAIL LISTS on a Budget and MONETIZE Like a PRO
    20+ Years Exp . . . . . . . . . . . . Email - CPA - PPL
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11338510].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author oppyeaunome
    Setup a website where you review valuable products and then drive traffic to that site by commenting on blogs and using social media and posting on forums.

This is the easiest way to get started with affiliate marketing. A good site to check out is this one https://amninjas.com. They also have a Facebook group. It's not my group, but I've been a part of it for some time and I've learned so much.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11339235].message }}
  • Find products in one niche, set up a blog, YouTube channel or both were you can review these products. I would also suggest giving away some type of free content on which ever platform you choose, which can/should bring more traffic.

Work on developing an email list (a must these days). It's the easiest and cheapest way to promote products and reach your followers.

I would stay in one niche until you are making consistent money (at whatever amount you feel is good), before moving to another niche. Once you change niches you have two businesses.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11352887].message }}

Trending Topics