Anyone know anything about making a Cross-platform app with a subscription-model?

13 replies
I am wanting to create an online course which will be made available through a Cross-Platform app (mobile and desktop) that can be accessed through purchasing subscription/membership.

I thought this would be pretty simple and commonplace, but I am having trouble finding any information on how to set this up.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.
#app #crossplatform #making #subscriptionmodel
  • Profile picture of the author Ethan Root
    Cross-platform mobile development refers to the development of mobile apps that can be used on multiple mobile platforms. In the business world, a growing trend called BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) is rising. BYOD refers to employees bringing their own personal mobile device into the workplace to be used in place of traditional desktop computers or company-provided mobile devices for accessing company applications and data.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11387184].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Oziboomer
    Originally Posted by edison1 View Post

I am wanting to create an online course which will be made available through a Cross-Platform app (mobile and desktop) that can be accessed through purchasing subscription/membership.
    Could you clarify?

Are you wanting a training course that can be accessed on both mobile and desktop as in a membership site with content available for subscribers that works on different devices?

Or

Are you wanting to have something coded up with some special functionality?

The first option has a number of off the shelf solutions that are readily available from zero cost and upwards.

The second requires either the knowledge to code or finding someone to create what you want.

We've done both. One is quick the other takes time.

Best regards,

Ozi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11387192].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author edison1
      The short answer is I need to know about both options.

I need to know about each seperately, but also I want to know how to integrate both options with each other. It will depend on the subscription that they choose, different subscriptions will gain you access to the members area, or the members are aswell as the custom app.

For Option 2, I know that coding a custom app takes time and expertise, but I need to know how to grant access to it only if they are paying for a subscription, and if they cancel their subscription they also lose their access to the app.

For Option 1, I need to know what tools and software are available for me to use to facilitate a subscription and membership, bearing in mind it may also need to integrate with the custom app.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11388744].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author yukon
        Banned

I need to know about each seperately, but also I want to know how to integrate both options with each other. It will depend on the subscription that they choose, different subscriptions will gain you access to the members area, or the members are aswell as the custom app.

For Option 2, I know that coding a custom app takes time and expertise, but I need to know how to grant access to it only if they are paying for a subscription, and if they cancel their subscription they also lose their access to the app.

For Option 1, I need to know what tools and software are available for me to use to facilitate a subscription and membership, bearing in mind it may also need to integrate with the custom app.

You're making it complicated.

1) You don't need an app for an online subscription course.

You need a website that has responsive/mobile web design with a membership plugin (Wordpress).

I can't even begin to understand why you think you need an app. It doesn't even make sense. It's a course and it's online (webpage).

Apparently you have a lot of time and money to waste.

No offense but I pity anyone that takes on this project because it's a clear case where the client has no idea what they're doing or what they need. You want advice? Pay attention.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11388751].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author afrikgold

You just need two sets of skills:

1 Learn how to develop website using Wordpress Web Development with Membership access

2 Learn how to create mobile app even if you dont know how to code.

These are not difficult.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11401921].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa

I thought this would be pretty simple and commonplace, but I am having trouble finding any information on how to set this up.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.
    Sorry, are you creating your own "cross platform app" or are you looking for one that already exists?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11387934].message }}
      I am interested to learn about both. For a more in depth response, check out my reply to Oziboomer.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11388745].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

It is simple.

It's basic responsive mobile web design.

You're making it confusing because you think an app is necessary (it's not).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11387990].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nawgee
      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

It is simple.

It's basic responsive mobile web design.

You're making it confusing because you think an app is necessary (it's not).
      ^This. You only need to make sure the website's overall look and functionality is also compatible on mobile. That includes tablet and phone
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11388059].message }}
        Whilst I understand the nature of responsive mobile web design, once you integrate a custom coded app that is only accessible through a premium subscription and to have native apps for both mobile and desktop rather than access through web, it become slightly more complex than simply having a responsive mobile web design. Or it could be that I am confusing myself, so this is why Im looking for advice.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11388748].message }}
      Is responsive mobile web design the only thing that is needed, if I want a custom coded app that is only available through a premium subscription through native apps of both mobile and desktop?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11388749].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author top1marktr
    Yes you can do it. Where do you want to host the content of the training?
    Signature
    Abhigyan DMS,
    Create Apps & Start Earning Click Here To See Details
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11388229].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steve L

Can anyone help?

Thanks.
    The easiest way to set this up is to just use Teachable.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11444711].message }}

Trending Topics