Please review my website

30 replies
  • CRO
  • |
Hi

I am currently working on the website paperturn.com (online tool for transforming PDF files into digital flip books). It exists in both a Danish and an English version, and I am working on optimising the conversion rate of the English version (the conversion of users of trial membership into buyers of full membership).

Not enough users are upgrading their trial membership to a full (paid) membership. Would you guys please take a look at the website (www.paperturn.com) and post your feedback, if you notice anything that could affect the conversion rate negatively? Could it be the prices, the usability, the look? Could something be a source of uncertainty or insecurity?

It would be a great help for me if you would give me your input!

I have read several threads on this forum, and it is my assessment that here are lots of good, skilled, helpful people.

I look forward to hearing from you - thank you very much in regard!
#review #website
  • Profile picture of the author jonathan5005
    Banned
    Your website is great. But if there is any website or tool that converts a News website into same as paper turn? I think the price is main problem in your website.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9692819].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DWaters
    Your site does look very good. It is professional looking and at first glance it is obvious what the service is. The price point may be the issue if you are not getting conversions. Perhaps you should experiment and try other prices to see if another amount works.
    Signature
    How I really Make Money With Amazon

    Want to get rich with top rated FREE Super Affiliate Training?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9692827].message }}
  • Hi

    Thank you very much for your responses!

    We have never really received any complaints about our prices, but your arguments are great!


    Best regards
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9697942].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ewenmack
      The current trial period is 7 days?
      Does it have the full functions of paid?
      Are the trial users getting full use from it?
      Have you surveyed users on problems they might be having?

      What is the fee?

      Best,
      Doctor E. Vile
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9698000].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author savidge4
        According to the way I am reading Cheap price - Buy pdf flip book with no startup costs down below in the 3 column plan layout... it would appear that the "PaperTurn Basic" plan offers less features than the "PaperTurn Trial" plan.

        If this were my product.. I would offer for a $1.00 7 day trial the now basic package, that after the 7 days auto bills to the $17.00 package

        The "New" basic package I would exclude the internal / external linking, Social Share, youtube, and google analytics.

        The premium package I would leave as you have it.

        To be honest here... full featured for free... but I am betting it would be easy to perpetually do this, so why pay?
        Signature
        Success is an ACT not an idea
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9698049].message }}
      • Originally Posted by ewenmack View Post

        The current trial period is 7 days?
        Does it have the full functions of paid?
        Are the trial users getting full use from it?
        Have you surveyed users on problems they might be having?

        What is the fee?

        Best,
        Doctor E. Vile
        Hi

        Except from integration with API, the trial version has the full functions of the paid pro version, and the trial users are getting full use of it in the 7 days.

        We have made personal interviews and we have had focus groups giving feedback on Paperturn.

        There is no extra fee. The only price to be paid is the monthly price stated on the page "Prices".


        Best regards
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9698532].message }}
  • Hi

    Thank you VERY much for those answers!

    We have looked into the possibilities of charging money for the trial, but we have not made the decision to do so (yet).

    As for right now, the philosophy of our company entails that the users actively choose to buy the products of Paperturn, so that we are sure not to give our users any unpleasent surprises.

    We are open to new perspectives!


    Best regards
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9698495].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ecoverartist
    My biggest question is, how does your service compare with something like Uberflip?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9699250].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jojogiuffra
    Hey,

    I think that you problem is are the Call to Action, you have an awesome design but it is too much.

    What you should do is split your traffic to an experimental landing page where the first thing that visitors see is a clear Call To action with some benefits of you product.

    For example, the landing page of my website http://startupsthatrock.com has a clear goal, that is get some subscribers.

    The experimental Landing Page should have a centered and more relevant Call To Action. You should put only one CTA and not two... It is better to only show the "Try" CTA to get the emails of possible customers. On your Call To Action you shouldn't use the word "Free", try "Get Free Trial".

    Another thing that I will put at the beginning of the landing page and above the CTA is the benefits of your users. Keep the background image that you have, is nice, but put the benefits and CTA at the beginning.

    You can read this blog post about How create an awesome Landing Page with High Conversion Rate, there I show you some awesome tips to improve your Landing Page.

    If you need more help, contact to me, it would be awesome help you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9716044].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TwoRoadsDIPA
    Your site looks awesome! I only have one negative to add: I don't like how the title in my broswer tab is "PAPERTURN pdf flip book system". Maybe it's just my browser screwing up though?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9718512].message }}
    • Originally Posted by TwoRoadsDIPA View Post

      Your site looks awesome! I only have one negative to add: I don't like how the title in my broswer tab is "PAPERTURN pdf flip book system". Maybe it's just my browser screwing up though?
      Thank you very much for your response.

      What specifically is it that you don't like about the title? Is it the name written in capital letters?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9736524].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brandboyz
    Banned
    Hello There ,
    your site looks so professional
    but you need to improve on the below points
    1. Check all images for ALT attribute
    2. Make your HTML code less messy
    3. Add more valueable content to your website
    4. Distinguish your keywords with strongs and bolds
    5. Optimize the number of external links
    6. Add proper sitemap.xml file
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9718622].message }}
    • Originally Posted by Brandboyz View Post

      Hello There ,
      your site looks so professional
      but you need to improve on the below points
      1. Check all images for ALT attribute
      2. Make your HTML code less messy
      3. Add more valueable content to your website
      4. Distinguish your keywords with strongs and bolds
      5. Optimize the number of external links
      6. Add proper sitemap.xml file
      We appreciate your response, as the things that you mention indeed are important aspects of the quality of a website, but they just are not what we are trying to optimise right now, as they do not affect conversion rate.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9736533].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author allseowork
    Give 7 day trial offer, with a subscription payment for monthly package, your conversion will increase drastically!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9719300].message }}
    • Originally Posted by allseowork View Post

      Give 7 day trial offer, with a subscription payment for monthly package, your conversion will increase drastically!
      Thank you very much for your response. I am not sure about what you mean here. Do you mean that the payment should automatically take place when the trial period is over?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9736546].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author creat1veone
    I see no difference between the Basic and Pro plans, except the price.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9721194].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dburk
      Hi BD,

      Since you posted in the CRO (Conversion Rate Optimization) forum I have to ask, "Have you tried CRO yet?"

      Asking for opinions about your website design, or copywriting content is not CRO. Opinions are guesses. CRO is all about gathering data and making data informed decisions.

      The first step is to install tracking code for analytical software, if you haven't already done so. Google analytics is free and easy to install, but any decent analytics software will do.

      Next, send targeted traffic to your website and measure engagement behavior. Segment your analytics data to identify traffic sources and page elements that might need improvement. Brainstorm to get alternative ideas to fix trouble spots identified in your analytical data.

      Using the problem solving ideas in the previous step, create alternate versions of your web page with the idea of testing the change, and measuring the result to see if you improved or fixed a problem. Setup an A/B split test using GA Content Experiments, or similar, to gather data on your changes. If you get a significant improvement make that your new baseline and continue the process of testing and improving.

      Asking people to guess what is wrong with your website without seeing any data is just that, guessing. It is very likely that you will get advice to fix things that are not broke and for real problems to go completely unnoticed. You are likely to end up with worse performance following the advice of people who are just guessing.

      Sure there may be some good advice coming from the people guessing about your website issues, you just won't know which advice is good, and certainly not which advice is most relevant to you specific issues. For that you need to look at what your data is telling you.

      The best advice I can give you is stop asking for opinions based on guessing and start gathering data. Making data informed decisions is way better than guessing. It will save you time and money.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9722291].message }}
    • Originally Posted by creat1veone View Post

      I see no difference between the Basic and Pro plans, except the price.
      Thank you very much for your response.

      We are optimizing the "Prices" page at the moment in order to clarify the differences between the different solutions.

      It would be very interesting for me to know if you
      a) did not understand the price page as it is right now, or
      b) did not scroll down on the price page to see the differences between the different solutions.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9736554].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RogozRazvan
    Actually, I'd use this. I'll use this. The only downside is that I must upload a PDF when I register to an account. This creates extra hassle (since I have to look for the file). I suggest an option where they can create an account without this required obstacle.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9723986].message }}
    • Originally Posted by RogozRazvan View Post

      Actually, I'd use this. I'll use this. The only downside is that I must upload a PDF when I register to an account. This creates extra hassle (since I have to look for the file). I suggest an option where they can create an account without this required obstacle.
      Thank you very much for your response.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9736609].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Oziboomer
    Agree with dburk that split testing is one of the keys to improved conversion.

    Outside of GA experiments you could use a paid service like Visual Website Optimizer or Optimizely. Both reasonably priced and you can run multiple experiments to see what is going on.

    In regards to the product things nowadays not only need to be functional but need to really wow the user in some way. What wow factor can you add that makes people convert to paid? maybe you can use an existing feature but notify the free users there is this cool new feature and you have several more you are working on. Upgrade now to lock in the upgrades.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9726010].message }}
    • Originally Posted by Oziboomer View Post

      Agree with dburk that split testing is one of the keys to improved conversion.

      Outside of GA experiments you could use a paid service like Visual Website Optimizer or Optimizely. Both reasonably priced and you can run multiple experiments to see what is going on.

      In regards to the product things nowadays not only need to be functional but need to really wow the user in some way. What wow factor can you add that makes people convert to paid? maybe you can use an existing feature but notify the free users there is this cool new feature and you have several more you are working on. Upgrade now to lock in the upgrades.
      Thank you very much for your response.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9736614].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jojogiuffra
    Here is an infographic for quicksprout that can help you. They show the anatomy of a high converting landing page Infographic
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9727045].message }}
    • Originally Posted by jojogiuffra View Post

      Here is an infographic for quicksprout that can help you. They show the anatomy of a high converting landing page Infographic
      Thank you very much for your reponse! Great resource!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9736622].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SnackMemory
    its a very nice and well done looking website, I agree with other it is very professional looking. You may want to consider adding the paypal or bitcoin logos if your willing to work with that, you may broaden your core user base that way.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9727263].message }}
    • Originally Posted by SnackMemory View Post

      its a very nice and well done looking website, I agree with other it is very professional looking. You may want to consider adding the paypal or bitcoin logos if your willing to work with that, you may broaden your core user base that way.
      Thank you very much for your response.

      We are working on making Paypal payment available.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9736625].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aaron90247
    Without knowing all the user stats, this would be an educated shot. You could always try emailing with offers to upgrade followed by a slight discount offer.

    Offer the ability to upgrade immediately upon trial for a reduced price.

    Again these are suggestions and without knowing all the data if makes it a little more difficult to find out where the problem truly is.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9735573].message }}
    • Originally Posted by aaron90247 View Post

      Without knowing all the user stats, this would be an educated shot. You could always try emailing with offers to upgrade followed by a slight discount offer.

      Offer the ability to upgrade immediately upon trial for a reduced price.

      Again these are suggestions and without knowing all the data if makes it a little more difficult to find out where the problem truly is.
      Thank you very much for your response. We will have a meeting with the topic of offering discounts.

      What kind of discounts would you assess as being the most effective? - Anyone else reading this is very welcome to answer as well!

      Permanent discount?
      Discount for a certain number of months, half a year, a year?
      Percentage or a certain amount of money?
      Other options?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9736629].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author anynewsbd
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9736611].message }}
    • Originally Posted by anynewsbd View Post

      I have visited your site & it was nice.
      Thank you.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9736632].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author xallever
    Hi,

    I am not your target market, probably.

    The problem with me is that when I see your site, I don't understand what those "benefits" will do for me.

    Why would I want to get my PDF be seen my Google? Is there a specific target market that I'm actually missing that would otherwise be converted when they see my PDF in Google?

    I think, maybe, a case study would really help out here.

    If I can't easily share my PDF social media, can I not already share my PDF via Dropbox?

    Personally, I have no resonance with any supposed pain points.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10115971].message }}

Trending Topics