Converting Ads Low Conversion Rate?

13 replies
  • CRO
  • |
Ive been running the FB ads below and I've been receiving a 1.5-2% CTR which isn't bad at all and my CPC is between $0.68-$0.83 .

Problem is I'm not getting a great conversion rate when they hit the LP. What do you suggest? I'm spending about $10/day on each ad and receiving about one call a day. I know it can do better.

P.S. If you have something in mind that could assist me with better ad copy for an even higher CTR please let me know.


1.5% CTR


2% CTR


Landing page
#ads #conversion #converting #low #rate
  • Profile picture of the author winnermarketing
    I don t see the advantage to call you instead clean by myself or call your competitor.
    Work on this issue.

    Another thing: is your traffic targeted? This is the 2nd point.

    To get targetted traffic you should do some test changing age target, sex target, hours to publish your ads.....
    Signature

    Free Guide to Make Money Online [Now!]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10284820].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Seanjtucker
      Originally Posted by winnermarketing View Post

      I don t see the advantage to call you instead clean by myself or call your competitor.
      Work on this issue.

      Another thing: is your traffic targeted? This is the 2nd point.

      To get targetted traffic you should do some test changing age target, sex target, hours to publish your ads.....

      Thanks.

      I haven't split tested those elements yet, I know better too. smh...

      I honestly don't see why you think the $19 offer is not an advantage to call or that it would lead them to a competitor. The ad is receiving clicks, just finding it hard to convert those clicks. Can you elaborate on that a bit and if you have an example please share. Not looking for a handout, just clarity, examples do me great justice.

      Thanks again.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10285350].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Seanjtucker
    ummm....anybody? Yea..Nay??
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10286622].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AdWorkMedia
    Rather than having them call, I would also do an online contact form since some people do not prefer to talk over the phone these days. You could have a button at the top of the page that will lead to a nice simple contact form where users can enter their email, location, phone, etc. Then you could contact them back by email or by phone.
    Signature


    AdWork Media » Global Affiliate Network & Content Locking Solutions

    Custom Platform, Flexible Lockers, Offers For Every Country
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10286806].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Seanjtucker
      Originally Posted by AdWorkMedia View Post

      Rather than having them call, I would also do an online contact form since some people do not prefer to talk over the phone these days. You could have a button at the top of the page that will lead to a nice simple contact form where users can enter their email, location, phone, etc. Then you could contact them back by email or by phone.

      Thanks a lot
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10286828].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ewenmack
        For the ideal client, there are more important things she will consider
        than price.

        You haven't named them.

        You haven't used timing where window cleaning
        will be more relevant to her.

        Best,
        Doctor E. Vile
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10287136].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Seanjtucker
          Originally Posted by ewenmack View Post

          For the ideal client, there are more important things she will consider
          than price.

          You haven't named them.

          You haven't used timing where window cleaning
          will be more relevant to her.

          Best,
          Doctor E. Vile
          Thanks. I'll see how I can incorporate that.
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10287267].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Oziboomer
    There is also lack of congruency between ad and landing page.

    In the ad you show a home and palm fronds but when they hit the lander it is a woman with a coffee cup?

    There are plenty of things to get right...just ask Ewen.

    Perhaps you should go straight to the...

    Multi-part booking form.

    How many windows do you want to have cleaned?

    What is the best time for you?

    Is your home low or high set?

    Name:

    Address:

    Phone:

    ----> PAY ---->

    Thankyou---->

    Refer a friend--->
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10288120].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rossnmia
    Few things you can improve on:

    Are you using remarketing pixels on your website? These are really helpful for refining similar audiences.
    Don't be scared to get really targeted - less is more when it comes to FB ads, the tighter your targeting at the higher the conversion and CTR. In other words, separate your ads into different groups based the intent of the people you are targeting. Don't try to be everything to everyone.

    When you say before the special ends its not specific enough - before when? Its better not to say there is a finish date unless you really mean it. If you do run specials, pick and end date or limited number and stick to it. You can offer the same thing periodically but you lost credibility of you don't add a specific expire time frame.

    Add an immediate call to action - e.g. NOW or TODAY.

    Deliver what you promise - whatever you are promising needs to be immediately visible and accessible as soon as they land on your page.

    Stick to colors and text that match too - if you say DISCOUNT coupon on your ad - make sure its got the same name on the page (don't call it COUPON code) and preferably use the same font, colors and shapes. People won't work to get what they want, so make it easy. Congruency is really important!

    Talk about WHY they want clean windows. Don't just say dirty windows, put some motivation like pain behind it or reward.

    Want sparkling clean windows you'd be happy to have your neighbours/visitors see?

    Dirty windows gotten embarrassing? Too busy to clean them? Book us to take care of them now?

    Build in something to identify how they want to FEEL after cleaning their windows, and tie that in with your ads.

    Rule of thumb - add descriptive text which ties in a reward (and/or avoidance of pain) and a call to action with a time associated (now, today, by the 14th).

    Hope that helps :-)
    Signature

    Adwords and conversion optimisation consultant and Author of Convert!: How To Turn Interest Into Sales on Amazon

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10288331].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AyiamDigital
    I don't think the average person cares enough about window cleaning to warrant paying any amount to take time out of their day, to pick up a phone and book a visit from an unknown company/stranger, who may possibly come equipped with the plan to hard sell them (or even a bait and switch).

    Perhaps the offer itself is not really tantalizing or urgent to the people clicking them. You'll really need a convincing argument that involves fear of loss in order to get people to actually take action on an offer such as this.

    Because as it stands, no harm is being done by not having their windows cleaned.


    I'd also suggest looking at alternate platforms/websites to place your ads. Perhaps a home improvement
    or DIY website would be a great audience to test with, and will allow you to get some real data in which to optimize your ad and lander from.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10288438].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Seanjtucker
      Originally Posted by Oziboomer View Post

      There is also lack of congruency between ad and landing page.

      In the ad you show a home and palm fronds but when they hit the lander it is a woman with a coffee cup?

      There are plenty of things to get right...just ask Ewen.

      Perhaps you should go straight to the...

      Multi-part booking form.

      How many windows do you want to have cleaned?

      What is the best time for you?

      Is your home low or high set?

      Name:

      Address:

      Phone:

      ----> PAY ---->

      Thankyou---->

      Refer a friend--->
      Originally Posted by rossnmia View Post

      Few things you can improve on:

      Are you using remarketing pixels on your website? These are really helpful for refining similar audiences.
      Don't be scared to get really targeted - less is more when it comes to FB ads, the tighter your targeting at the higher the conversion and CTR. In other words, separate your ads into different groups based the intent of the people you are targeting. Don't try to be everything to everyone.

      When you say before the special ends its not specific enough - before when? Its better not to say there is a finish date unless you really mean it. If you do run specials, pick and end date or limited number and stick to it. You can offer the same thing periodically but you lost credibility of you don't add a specific expire time frame.

      Add an immediate call to action - e.g. NOW or TODAY.

      Deliver what you promise - whatever you are promising needs to be immediately visible and accessible as soon as they land on your page.

      Stick to colors and text that match too - if you say DISCOUNT coupon on your ad - make sure its got the same name on the page (don't call it COUPON code) and preferably use the same font, colors and shapes. People won't work to get what they want, so make it easy. Congruency is really important!

      Talk about WHY they want clean windows. Don't just say dirty windows, put some motivation like pain behind it or reward.

      Want sparkling clean windows you'd be happy to have your neighbours/visitors see?

      Dirty windows gotten embarrassing? Too busy to clean them? Book us to take care of them now?

      Build in something to identify how they want to FEEL after cleaning their windows, and tie that in with your ads.

      Rule of thumb - add descriptive text which ties in a reward (and/or avoidance of pain) and a call to action with a time associated (now, today, by the 14th).

      Hope that helps :-)
      Originally Posted by AyiamDigital View Post

      I don't think the average person cares enough about window cleaning to warrant paying any amount to take time out of their day, to pick up a phone and book a visit from an unknown company/stranger, who may possibly come equipped with the plan to hard sell them (or even a bait and switch).

      Perhaps the offer itself is not really tantalizing or urgent to the people clicking them. You'll really need a convincing argument that involves fear of loss in order to get people to actually take action on an offer such as this.

      Because as it stands, no harm is being done by not having their windows cleaned.


      I'd also suggest looking at alternate platforms/websites to place your ads. Perhaps a home improvement
      or DIY website would be a great audience to test with, and will allow you to get some real data in which to optimize your ad and lander from.

      Thanks a lot you all. You've provided great insight and I will be returning to share results.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10288770].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author club20coaching
    Hey buddy I wrote and article about Facebook that should help you!

    Dominate Your Facebook Marketing - Heuchera Direct
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10292695].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kmjyoti
    Thanks. I'll see how I can incorporate that.
    Signature

    One and only one Best Web Hosting Companies discount coupon code available

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10293686].message }}

Trending Topics