Hold on, stranger exit pop ups. Anyone using it?

by pjman
15 replies
  • CRO
  • |
I came across https://holdonstranger.com
In a blog post from crazy egg, they mentioned it. But I can't seem to find anyone who used it.

Just worried about reliability. I'd code them myself, but the testing features and pricing seems too good to be true?
#exit #hold #pop #stranger #ups
  • Profile picture of the author shahocean
    Its called Exit Intent Technology. I have not heard of them but there are many providers who offer the same services. You can find it here.

    The pricing is too good to be true. People used to pay $4k for such think per month to BounceExchange.

    Do share the experience if you go ahead with them for a try. Just check page speed before and after so that we can measure the impact if possible.
    Signature

    Sagar Shah
    www.SagarShah.co

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9471838].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ben Holmes
    I never use services like that... you can have your own plugins that you OWN that do this... why would you pay an ongoing fee for something you can purchase one time, and install on your site?

    I hesitate to name any particular plugins, and I don't recall if there are any free ones, but exit intent isn't that difficult or uncommon.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9475648].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author devcode
    As Ben Holmes said,i recommand you to get an exit popup plugin that is one time paid if you want it but before start using this i recomand you to use a popup plugin that offers you possibility to show the popup once per session because your visitors can feel disturbed by this popups and is possible to not come again on your page if you show this popup more times
    I hope my opinion helps you
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9475823].message }}
    • Hey pjman,

      It's Paulo from the team at holdonstranger.com . We've been mentioned in crazyegg and in a few more blogs actually. We've got some very very big clients. I won't name them, since I haven't asked for their permission yet, but together they're reaching more than 2 million visitors a month.

      We're very reliable. We've got some great developers: our popups are super fast loading and work across all major browsers, tablets and smartphones.

      Our prices are in fact low - but it's not a case of being too good to be true.

      Our initial strategy was to target the internet marketing community. Those prices seemed to be a good fit. Now we realize this is not the best - almost all of our customers come from outside of the community, customers willing to pay much more for it - specially considering that we have more well developed features than the majority of our known competitors.

      So we're changing our positioning, and it'll start by severely increasing our prices (something that will happen in just a few days).

      The advantage of choosing, I'll say Hold on, Stranger!, over your own plugins is that you can manage all your popups from a single dashboard without ever touching the code of your website (except for the first installation). And by managing, I mean activating/deactivating them, chaning your popups, observe their activity, launch and split test different popups, create entirely new popups and deploying them on your website, see statistics, target specific pages without having to stick the code precisely on those pages. Doing this all by yourself, by fiddling with the code, changing copy, changing images, installing complicated analytics on it, etc - doing all this through a code editor would take you ages. Hold on, Stranger! saves you tons of time. You can create 2 or 3 different popups at the same time, to test against each other in a matter of minutes (10, 20 minutes). You can target a specific page, target facebook traffic, twitter traffic, etc. There's a lot of different advantages (that we should actually explain on our sales page).

      If all you want is one popup on one page of your website, you have no page targeting needs, don't require ab testing, and of course have sufficient coding skills, the plugin might be the best for you. Otherwise, a solution like ours might be a lot handy. ( landing pages, for example: you can create them and test them by yourself. But tools like Optimizely, VWO, Unbounce make it so much easier)

      We offer a 15 day free trial (no credit card required), so why not just test it out? We'd love to have you on board -> holdonstranger.com

      Whichever way, good luck to you! I hope I helped you enough.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9478669].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author shahocean
        Originally Posted by prod@holdonstranger View Post

        Hey pjman,

        It's Paulo from the team at holdonstranger.com . We've been mentioned in crazyegg and in a few more blogs actually. We've got some very very big clients. I won't name them, since I haven't asked for their permission yet, but together they're reaching more than 2 million visitors a month.

        We're very reliable. We've got some great developers: our popups are super fast loading and work across all major browsers, tablets and smartphones.

        Our prices are in fact low - but it's not a case of being too good to be true.

        Our initial strategy was to target the internet marketing community. Those prices seemed to be a good fit. Now we realize this is not the best - almost all of our customers come from outside of the community, customers willing to pay much more for it - specially considering that we have more well developed features than the majority of our known competitors.

        So we're changing our positioning, and it'll start by severely increasing our prices (something that will happen in just a few days).

        The advantage of choosing, I'll say Hold on, Stranger!, over your own plugins is that you can manage all your popups from a single dashboard without ever touching the code of your website (except for the first installation). And by managing, I mean activating/deactivating them, chaning your popups, observe their activity, launch and split test different popups, create entirely new popups and deploying them on your website, see statistics, target specific pages without having to stick the code precisely on those pages. Doing this all by yourself, by fiddling with the code, changing copy, changing images, installing complicated analytics on it, etc - doing all this through a code editor would take you ages. Hold on, Stranger! saves you tons of time. You can create 2 or 3 different popups at the same time, to test against each other in a matter of minutes (10, 20 minutes). You can target a specific page, target facebook traffic, twitter traffic, etc. There's a lot of different advantages (that we should actually explain on our sales page).

        If all you want is one popup on one page of your website, you have no page targeting needs, don't require ab testing, and of course have sufficient coding skills, the plugin might be the best for you. Otherwise, a solution like ours might be a lot handy. ( landing pages, for example: you can create them and test them by yourself. But tools like Optimizely, VWO, Unbounce make it so much easier)

        We offer a 15 day free trial (no credit card required), so why not just test it out? We'd love to have you on board -> holdonstranger.com

        Whichever way, good luck to you! I hope I helped you enough.
        Would love to check it out for 2 weeks. Any offer for Warriors?
        Signature

        Sagar Shah
        www.SagarShah.co

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9479847].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JensSteyaert
    If you have a programmer then he can create this very easily and you can use a tracking link to check conversion stats.

    If not then there are many solutions to create an exit popup, such as the one you mentioned.

    Anyways it's a good thing to use an exit redirect, even if you're only able to get 5-10% conversion rate it's better than nothing
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9479068].message }}
  • 5% is very good. With 1000 visitors per month, that's 50 more subscribers each month without much effort. I don't know about you, but 50 subscribers to me are worth a lot.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9479382].message }}
  • Hey shahocean.

    You seem like a great community, so.. sure! We'd be happy to come up with a special discount for you.

    Let us just think about it a little but, and I'll come back to you soon.

    Cheers,
    Paulo
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9480839].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Developer99
    Sounds like this might be worth a go. I have not used it before
    Signature

    Developing software which makes users go WOW
    I love google and yahoohttp://yahoo.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9511968].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tobiasr
    Personally, I would look for a solution that offers different kinds of pop-ups in one solution. Exit intent is fine and dandy, but you will probably also want landing popups or slide ins or sticky bars or optin forms within your pages etc.

    If you are using Wordpress, there are many plugins which require no coding whatsoever and come with templates and editor and are priced one-off.

    We use NinjaPopups for Wordpress extensively.

    There are even free plugins like those from SumoMe.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9512654].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Emir Hayric
      Originally Posted by tobiasr View Post

      Personally, I would look for a solution that offers different kinds of pop-ups in one solution. Exit intent is fine and dandy, but you will probably also want landing popups or slide ins or sticky bars or optin forms within your pages etc.

      If you are using Wordpress, there are many plugins which require no coding whatsoever and come with templates and editor and are priced one-off.

      We use NinjaPopups for Wordpress extensively.

      There are even free plugins like those from SumoMe.
      Bumping this thread to see if HoldOnStranger is going to offer a discount for WF members? I personally am using SumoMe right now and even the UI is pretty intuitive and the pop ups decent looking I am having strange discrepancies in my numbers. I have 30+ unique visitors a day but my stats show my pop up only appearing maybe half that or less.

      SumoMe's e-mail support sucks. I don't know a better way to put it. They take 2 days to reply and only answer part of your question as if they don't read the entire e-mail.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9520565].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author grafx77
    There are a ton of exit page popups (javascript) you can pull from many various LPs. There really is no need to purchase one.

    Make sure your exit pop automatically redirects your visitor to the NEW squeeze/LP when it pops up as opposed to popping up and waiting for the visitor to click before they move onto the next page. My conversions and optins have increased three fold because of this.

    Also having a short audio message when the user is redirected helps out a lot too.....example: "Wait one second....check out our FREE newsletter which <insert benefit here>". It will ensure the visitor at least stays long enough to read your OTO/Squeeze Page.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9543789].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Emir Hayric
      Originally Posted by grafx77 View Post

      There are a ton of exit page popups (javascript) you can pull from many various LPs. There really is no need to purchase one.

      Make sure your exit pop automatically redirects your visitor to the NEW squeeze/LP when it pops up as opposed to popping up and waiting for the visitor to click before they move onto the next page. My conversions and optins have increased three fold because of this.

      Also having a short audio message when the user is redirected helps out a lot too.....example: "Wait one second....check out our FREE newsletter which <insert benefit here>". It will ensure the visitor at least stays long enough to read your OTO/Squeeze Page.
      If you are simply redirecting them to a new page then it really isn't a popup at all is it? This popup will look a lot nicer than a standard javascript onexit script.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9543806].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author grafx77
        Originally Posted by DreamTFK View Post

        If you are simply redirecting them to a new page then it really isn't a popup at all is it? This popup will look a lot nicer than a standard javascript onexit script.
        Of course it is an exit popup. It shows up when someone tries to close out the tab/window (along with a redirect). It's the typical, "go to" exit popup for most product creators......why? Because it works!

        By all means, do your own thing.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9544160].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Egyfitness
    id wait for something that is sold once not recurring monthly. and lol at paying 5k for a popup plugin. i wouldnt pay them even if i owned facebook.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9547415].message }}

Trending Topics