27 replies
I have been looking into doing some text blasts with my opt-in phone number leads. Has anyone had much success in this? This is sports related.
#sms #texting
  • Profile picture of the author Wild
    I think you might need to be a tad more specific. Success in SMS marketing? (it's hugely successful) Success in sports (not so much)
    How did you get your leads? What did they opt-in to? What are you going to "blast" them with?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5268951].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TrumpiaTim
    Yeah, more details are definitely needed. For example, we work with colleges that have collected numbers and are now texting alumni and students about upcoming games and events. This has been hugely successful, were you looking to do something similar?
    Signature

    www.Trumpia.com

    Trumpia: The Most Completed SMS Text Messaging Software & API Solution.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5304964].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author thomas73
    I'm looking to do the same thing ... plan on using drpusoftware.com to do it without using a service ... I have many nail salons that customers give me their cell phone numbers on and we plan to txt them Special Pricing Offers on slow days...using this software to let our shop managers send out txt messages seems to make more sense than to get a service provider to do it. Does that make sense?
    Signature
    #1 Source of Tools & Resources Helping Consumers Use Existing Laws to Deal With Debt Collectors, Get Lawsuits Dismissed, Eliminate Debt & Restore Your Credit to 720+

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5305401].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author HypeText
      Originally Posted by thomas73 View Post

      I'm looking to do the same thing ... plan on using drpusoftware.com to do it without using a service ... I have many nail salons that customers give me their cell phone numbers on and we plan to txt them Special Pricing Offers on slow days...using this software to let our shop managers send out txt messages seems to make more sense than to get a service provider to do it. Does that make sense?
      Has anyone ever explained what happens if you get caught bulk texting like that over your carriers backbone? You are not only looking at getting shut down but open yourself up to legal ramifications. Sure, that company will sell you the software to do it, but I doubt they will be around when the Carriers take you to court!
      Signature
      (916) 520-HYPE (4973)
      Local & Mobile Marketing Solutions
      $0 Setup & $99/mnth Private Label Reseller Accts
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5305429].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author thomas73
        What specific laws regulate txt messaging?
        Signature
        #1 Source of Tools & Resources Helping Consumers Use Existing Laws to Deal With Debt Collectors, Get Lawsuits Dismissed, Eliminate Debt & Restore Your Credit to 720+

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5305613].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author syncjam
          Originally Posted by thomas73 View Post

          What specific laws regulate txt messaging?
          http://mmaglobal.com/bestpractices.pdf
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5305872].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author HypeText
            Originally Posted by syncjam View Post

            Thanks! You saved me the trouble! lol
            Signature
            (916) 520-HYPE (4973)
            Local & Mobile Marketing Solutions
            $0 Setup & $99/mnth Private Label Reseller Accts
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5306579].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author thomas73
              Originally Posted by HypeText View Post

              Thanks! You saved me the trouble! lol
              HypeText Since I have a list of current customers who said they are interested in receiving special offers from us please tell me: What is the advantage of my company using your services (HypeText I see that your signature block offers sms services) versus us using the drpusoftware or something similar to do our own txting? I am trying to figure out what is the best route to take and then take action and start using txt marketing to generate appointments during slow time days and/or time slots. Your feedback is appreciated.
              Signature
              #1 Source of Tools & Resources Helping Consumers Use Existing Laws to Deal With Debt Collectors, Get Lawsuits Dismissed, Eliminate Debt & Restore Your Credit to 720+

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5311505].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author HypeText
                Originally Posted by thomas73 View Post

                HypeText Since I have a list of current customers who said they are interested in receiving special offers from us please tell me: What is the advantage of my company using your services (HypeText I see that your signature block offers sms services) versus us using the drpusoftware or something similar to do our own txting? I am trying to figure out what is the best route to take and then take action and start using txt marketing to generate appointments during slow time days and/or time slots. Your feedback is appreciated.
                For starters...

                Analytics....something you won't get with that software. Being able to tell which coupons are being redeemed will go a long way towards knowing what your client base is actually interested in.

                Campaigns. Simply blasting the same list over and over will result in pissed off people

                Appt Scheduling, that software doesnt give you the ability to allow the customers to respond to confirm, miss, or cancel an appt.

                Message Scheduling. Our system allows you to schedule when a campaign goes out...on what day and what time

                Short Code....that software will require you to have a 10 digit cellular number to use.

                Optin/OptOut capabilities to stay in compliance with MMA Regulations.

                The list goes on....
                Signature
                (916) 520-HYPE (4973)
                Local & Mobile Marketing Solutions
                $0 Setup & $99/mnth Private Label Reseller Accts
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5311565].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author thomas73
                  Thank you ... your feed back is very helpful ... I will check your website out later tonight ... your comments have convinced me that a service provider will be to my advantage. Thank you. I'm sure we'll be talking again soon.
                  Signature
                  #1 Source of Tools & Resources Helping Consumers Use Existing Laws to Deal With Debt Collectors, Get Lawsuits Dismissed, Eliminate Debt & Restore Your Credit to 720+

                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5311910].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author hardnova
        If those numbers are true opt-ins and you send reasonable amounts at a time you are fine. Spam under any circumstances and you will be in for some difficulties.

        Originally Posted by HypeText View Post

        Has anyone ever explained what happens if you get caught bulk texting like that over your carriers backbone? You are not only looking at getting shut down but open yourself up to legal ramifications. Sure, that company will sell you the software to do it, but I doubt they will be around when the Carriers take you to court!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5323620].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fictionaldamo
    I use this for updates for my site Point Pickers for stuff like making sure they make their picks in time but that is all. For the most part I have not been able to turn that list into a revenue generator but I am sure the list in the right hands would do well. I am very new.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5306111].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jason Bell
    i also have a list, not sports related but does not matter. it all depends on what you're trying to accomplish. does your text service allow you to communicate wiht a specific user? what about parsing info for the lead into the respective fields such as your email? I would also try to collect their email for more effective cross channel marketing.

    depending on the niche & the size of your list, think of bars/restaurants that could use this type of crowd? you can charge the bar for the blast to your list....affiliate offers to squeeze page that are related to gather their email and market to them that way...or you can even scale it down to people that do local party promotions. charge them to send out a promotion to your list. get creative, you'll do well
    Signature

    Want real world field tested SMS training? SMS is what I know. You can check out our best stuff here: http://mobilebizsuccess.com/sms-madness//

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5332503].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mrtreyk
    Unfortunately I'm not too familiar with SMS text messaging yet, but this thread has really helped me gain more insight into the SMS text messaging world. - Thanks guys!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5332587].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sufianagia
    Still i am waiting for the colorful text when sending or receiving a message through a mobile and can't change the formate.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5332876].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author hand
      Not sure I understand this:

      "Has anyone ever explained what happens if you get caught bulk texting like that over your carriers backbone? You are not only looking at getting shut down but open yourself up to legal ramifications"

      Say you have a opt-in sign up on your front desk and people put their name/number and check a box to opt-in for txt messages. Then you use something like drpusoftware to provide the service.

      I see nothing illegal about it and I see nothing in the MMAGlobal "bestpractices" that really says it's illegal. Plus mmaglobal is an Association not a legal entity. Do you have a link to someone that has actually had legal action taken against them?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5337706].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author HypeText
        Originally Posted by hand View Post

        Not sure I understand this:

        "Has anyone ever explained what happens if you get caught bulk texting like that over your carriers backbone? You are not only looking at getting shut down but open yourself up to legal ramifications"

        Say you have a opt-in sign up on your front desk and people put their name/number and check a box to opt-in for txt messages. Then you use something like drpusoftware to provide the service.

        I see nothing illegal about it and I see nothing in the MMAGlobal "bestpractices" that really says it's illegal. Plus mmaglobal is an Association not a legal entity. Do you have a link to someone that has actually had legal action taken against them?
        It has to do with the load on the Carriers Networks and the carrier being deprived of payment for access to their network..

        Think of it like this...

        You want a letter delivered across town but you dont want to pay for the cost of a postage stamp or to have to pay for gas to drive it over...

        So you wait in the bushes and stow away in the back of the Postmans delivery vehicle so you can get a free ride on the Postmans truck.

        Since the postman is passing by the location where your letter needs to go and his job is to deliver mail....no big deal, right?

        Um, Nope! You get caught and they call the cops on you...

        Extreme Example I know, and I doubt you would actually do any of that...BUT

        You are willing to send texts across carriers networks without paying them because, Hey....they deliver texts anyway, right?

        The Carriers all charge for data to be sent across their networks and if companies send using SMTP then they are essentially stealing services from the Carrier...

        Does that make a little more sense?

        Using a list of Cell Numbers that are NOT Opt-In would be a violation of MMA Guideline, which are, in Part, based on FTC Regulations...which are laws.
        Signature
        (916) 520-HYPE (4973)
        Local & Mobile Marketing Solutions
        $0 Setup & $99/mnth Private Label Reseller Accts
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5341524].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hason
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5333851].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author NYC SEO
    The FTC rules are strict and punishments can be severe, so please know what you are doing before you get into any weird methods.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5341562].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author FDI Global
    Hello Everyone!
    HAPPY NEW YEAR! I am trying to build a business that involves Yeptext SMS text messaging and want to make it BIG BIG BIG with it. Does anyone have any suggestions or info that this can be a realistic goal? Im very excited but nervous...I am a school teacher and opted in my parents and so far so good in getting them information, and it also saves paper and copies! Like I said I am sooo excited but nervous. Can someone help me out and give some tidbits or soothing info that I'll be okay this year doing this? Also want to build Apps as well ). Thanks for the feedback.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5358969].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author HypeText
      Originally Posted by FDI Global View Post

      Hello Everyone!
      HAPPY NEW YEAR! I am trying to build a business that involves Yeptext SMS text messaging and want to make it BIG BIG BIG with it. Does anyone have any suggestions or info that this can be a realistic goal? Im very excited but nervous...I am a school teacher and opted in my parents and so far so good in getting them information, and it also saves paper and copies! Like I said I am sooo excited but nervous. Can someone help me out and give some tidbits or soothing info that I'll be okay this year doing this? Also want to build Apps as well ). Thanks for the feedback.
      If I am not mistaken, YepText does not have a Reseller Program...just an Affiliate Program. It will be difficult to build a business around it.
      Signature
      (916) 520-HYPE (4973)
      Local & Mobile Marketing Solutions
      $0 Setup & $99/mnth Private Label Reseller Accts
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5359097].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author FDI Global
        Thanks for the reply ),
        I am so new to this...what do you mean?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5359120].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author HypeText
          Originally Posted by FDI Global View Post

          Thanks for the reply ),
          I am so new to this...what do you mean?
          An Affiliate Program Limits you. you don't have any access to your potential clients accounts.

          The real Money in SMS Marketing is in the ability to Manage their Accounts, Charge Set Up Fees, Create Campaigns for your clients, and being able to provide Clients with support.

          In other words...they wouldn't be YOUR Customers....they would be YEPText's Customers.

          I respect your desire to want to build a business but it would be a really good idea to really learn the Industry before attempting to do so.
          Signature
          (916) 520-HYPE (4973)
          Local & Mobile Marketing Solutions
          $0 Setup & $99/mnth Private Label Reseller Accts
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5359176].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mary Wilhite
    Originally Posted by eagleshot56 View Post

    I have been looking into doing some text blasts with my opt-in phone number leads. Has anyone had much success in this? This is sports related.
    ==============

    Pleased to assist you. email me the details: mewilhite@gmail.com

    Mary
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5438787].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ndash87
    I used to work at a mobile marketing company- at the time a "sophisticated" technique would be to pay to own a keyword on a shared shortcode (so whenever someone texted that keyword to, say, 55555- they'd get an automated response that you specify from your account) and then advertise that keyword on posters, billboards, radio spots, etc offering discounts and notifications.

    Now, because smartphone users have QR code readers, a new trend is to put a message, discount code, or URL in a QR code that you put up places, and allow users to access special content through scanning it. You can brand the flyers you put up, or just leave a plain QR code by itself- that appeals to people's curious natures.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5442730].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bizmarkie
    I believe some people have already shut down their sites due to legal concerns
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5446148].message }}

Trending Topics